REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #401
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
It's election season. You guys should be talking to people running for city council to make them aware of the situation.
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #402
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Worth a mention throwing all the VPD under the bus isn't fairly accurate. It appears to be only 2-3 officers who are doing it.

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #403
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Just remember that this is onlyone small group within the VPD (traffic enforcement) that is handing out VIs. I am sure that the entire department does not share the same sentiment.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2018, 11:06 AM   #404
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
I don't even think half the department knows about the VI's ^ nor care. Since it's not a big issue. It's probably just traffic enforcement.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #405
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,364 Times in 5,658 Posts
There was a massive "road block" on rumble right out front of that school and across from the skytrain yard.

They essentially had 10 cops lined up in a row with enough space in between each one for a car, they would then move forward 10 cars and do a "licence check"

im not sure if they were looking for somone or just doing vehicle inspections but it was pretty hardcore and im sure you're getting towed if youre in a crazy modded car going through that gauntlet lol
Old 10-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #406
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^^ is this what we really want our tax payer dollars to be doing? Shouldn't they be doing more drug busts or worry about legal weed
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #407
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Maybe there's something bigger going on and we just think it's a VI blitz.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #408
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,011 Times in 1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
Well Porsche did for starters but LOL
Sounded like he was just generalizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #409
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
LOL I'm reading the comment thread between you and him.

If he's so innocent, we've always said, he's welcome to prove us wrong. He doesn't have to, but based on screenshot evidence across the multiple groups, all fingers point to him as allegedly doing such action.

The car community doesn't have to be so divided. It just takes people that are willing to listen and people that can deliver a clear, concise message.

And yeah I agree with you, he has his own form of media distribution. Why doesn't he use it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Curious, why hasn't these screenshots surfaced yet? What other car community/group would this be at and where can we read more?

It's very suspicious that the suspect is dodging with a proper response to clear his name in the YouTube comments, but at the same time, we technically don't know anything either that points fingers at him being the culprit. Or at least, I personally haven't seen anything. So at this point, I'm simply just another statistic among the witch hunt.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #410
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
explains why kingsway was so quiet last night

guys bouncing the rev limiter for an hour at 12am, you gonna get your ass busted

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #411

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Curious, why hasn't these screenshots surfaced yet? What other car community/group would this be at and where can we read more?

It's very suspicious that the suspect is dodging with a proper response to clear his name in the YouTube comments, but at the same time, we technically don't know anything either that points fingers at him being the culprit. Or at least, I personally haven't seen anything. So at this point, I'm simply just another statistic among the witch hunt.

I've seen it across VCC/Other FB groups/WhatsApp groups. But all the FB group ones have gotten deleted. Anyone have copies? I'm sure I'm not the only one who are on those pages.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #412
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I've seen it across VCC/Other FB groups/WhatsApp groups. But all the FB group ones have gotten deleted. Anyone have copies? I'm sure I'm not the only one who are on those pages.
I've seen his post at Valley Auto Sales FB group sharing the story about his VI but obviously didn't think to screen shot the comments when he shared the officer's information, hopefully someone can share the screenshots.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2018, 09:14 PM   #413
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

just got a VI by the motorcycle cops. they also specified that I have to take it to a bmw dealership for the inspection. allegedly it's too low.
https://i.imgur.com/QaIBllN.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the same cop that gave me a VI a couple years back because my license plate was behind my cracked windshield... no mention of any height issues then.
spuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #414
Need to Seek Professional Help

it looks low because of the wheel gap. curious what the height of the headlight is, cuz really its the one that matters right?..nice car btw. sucks you got a VI
Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #415
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
I saw a motorcycle cop at around 6 ish on Nanaimo turning left onto Kingsway and I was like nope ill go straight today
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #416
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I saw a motorcycle cop at around 6 ish on Nanaimo turning left onto Kingsway and I was like nope ill go straight today
lol i wish you would have warned me. i got it around 6:30 kingsway and main
spuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:57 PM   #417

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzy View Post
just got a VI by the motorcycle cops. they also specified that I have to take it to a bmw dealership for the inspection. allegedly it's too low.

I'm pretty sure this is the same cop that gave me a VI a couple years back because my license plate was behind my cracked windshield... no mention of any height issues then.
Well shit. That's exactly how low I am.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #418
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Was in downtown gastown all night, didn't get a VI even with all the vpd driving around and looking at my car, but i did get a flat tire from, what i assume, shitty installation; Tire came off the rim in two spots on the inside of the wheel and damaged the inside, no nail or anything of the sort, brand new wheels and tires installed just past Friday, hasn't even been a week!

Anyway, only vpd officers that i saw were either in cars or bicycles, so maybe thats why i was fine? As some were saying, it's a select few and usually on motorcycles right?
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #419
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Any other mods that would have attracted attention? 6:30pm is getting kind of dark. I'm surprised they would have noticed a fender gap like that unless they're specifically checking every car that drives by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
Was in downtown gastown all night, didn't get a VI even with all the vpd driving around and looking at my car, but i did get a flat tire from, what i assume, shitty installation; Tire came off the rim in two spots on the inside of the wheel and damaged the inside, no nail or anything of the sort, brand new wheels and tires installed just past Friday, hasn't even been a week!

Anyway, only vpd officers that i saw were either in cars or bicycles, so maybe thats why i was fine? As some were saying, it's a select few and usually on motorcycles right?
Were the VPD actually looking at your car and then passing on it, or do you mean you just saw several VPD and they paid no attention to pull you over?

And which Tire shop should we be avoiding? wtf? Tire just came off?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:23 AM   #420

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Maybe the truth will finally come out when he releases the video

JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2018, 02:11 AM   #421
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Any other mods that would have attracted attention? 6:30pm is getting kind of dark. I'm surprised they would have noticed a fender gap like that unless they're specifically checking every car that drives by?

Were the VPD actually looking at your car and then passing on it, or do you mean you just saw several VPD and they paid no attention to pull you over?

And which Tire shop should we be avoiding? wtf? Tire just came off?
There were quite a few vpd cars in the area, but really only two different cars looked at mine while others simply drove past me (even when i drove beside one), one was when i just parked (still day time) and they were going slow while staring at my car as they were passing by, the other was when i left to go home after i put the spare tire on, my spare tire was on the left and they were on the right lane at the time (driving on Cordova), driver was looking at my car while stopped at a red light (particularly at the wheels, could also be looking at the ride height), then followed behind me untill i turned right onto Main St. This is all just assumptions, they could've just been looking at the car in general, i guess with all this VI going on I'm starting to get paranoid lol. In that area officers have more pressing matters to deal with.

Yeah the tire fucking came off on the inside! It was installed at 1010tires in Coquitlam. They did the install on Friday and later that night my front passenger wheel was going flat, took it monday morning and they said it was a leak from the valve stem core as there was "debris" preventing a proper seal, now that this has happened on the driver rear I'm beginning to question their install work, going tomorrow to deal with it and damn well gonna make sure they double check the other wheels and pay for the damage to this one.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:29 AM   #422
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
He keeps parroting that internet line. Repeatedly. If his video is monetized I'm not going to watch it. No fucking way he's going to get paid to explain.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:42 AM   #423
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Edit nvm
Old 10-17-2018, 05:58 AM   #424

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:

Nice car. I used to always see you parked on MacDonald a few years ago.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:17 AM   #425
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,840 Times in 1,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
There were quite a few vpd cars in the area, but really only two different cars looked at mine while others simply drove past me (even when i drove beside one), one was when i just parked (still day time) and they were going slow while staring at my car as they were passing by, the other was when i left to go home after i put the spare tire on, my spare tire was on the left and they were on the right lane at the time (driving on Cordova), driver was looking at my car while stopped at a red light (particularly at the wheels, could also be looking at the ride height), then followed behind me untill i turned right onto Main St. This is all just assumptions, they could've just been looking at the car in general, i guess with all this VI going on I'm starting to get paranoid lol. In that area officers have more pressing matters to deal with.

Yeah the tire fucking came off on the inside! It was installed at 1010tires in Coquitlam. They did the install on Friday and later that night my front passenger wheel was going flat, took it monday morning and they said it was a leak from the valve stem core as there was "debris" preventing a proper seal, now that this has happened on the driver rear I'm beginning to question their install work, going tomorrow to deal with it and damn well gonna make sure they double check the other wheels and pay for the damage to this one.
Side note, how do you know it popped off the bead? If it did, it would have been a very loud pop. Their explanation, of a leak, low pressure and rolling off the rim is much more believable in my own opinion.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: