REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-25-2019, 06:19 PM   #3426
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
We gotta take it to the streets like HK and dllmvpd

Advertisement
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:54 PM   #3427
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Well... this is a very interesting turn of events. If any of you are in the VCC group, you might already know about it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thev...0208560471290/

from Cain:
Quote:
Who told you I didn't like modified cars? There are plenty of modified cars on the road that aren't stopped by the police. Certain ones stand out for a number of reasons. Primarily loud exahust and lighting issues. Myself and many other VPD members have offered to meet members of the 'car community' to discuss / educate numerous times however most choose to rant online about how unfair they've been treated. Can you give me an example of one of my VI's that was on a completely stock vehicle that was compliant with all the requirements in the MVA / MVAR?
Essentially, it looks like there is really going to be a meeting with Cain in mid August to discuss this VI situation. I think a girl by the name of "Asia" contacted Cain on IG, and it came down to this. I've already asked Asia to include me in the meeting with Cain. We'll see how this goes.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:09 PM   #3428
GS8

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
Reading that made me ill

I'm gonna need to see a doctor now...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:24 PM   #3429
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Well... this is a very interesting turn of events. If any of you are in the VCC group, you might already know about it:

from Cain:

Essentially, it looks like there is really going to be a meeting with Cain in mid August to discuss this VI situation. I think a girl by the name of "Asia" contacted Cain on IG, and it came down to this. I've already asked Asia to include me in the meeting with Cain. We'll see how this goes.
i hope you get to go Traum, thks for your leadership in continuing this battle, even though i'm sure lots of other ppl want to go to this meeting too, emotions are going to be high, only sound mind ppl like you should go, let us know how we can support you.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2019, 12:52 AM   #3430
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:

from Cain:

Maybe Cain will openly give you the info you seek. If I recall you requested the number of VI's issued by Cain.

Badhobz, was it Cain that VI'd you?
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:17 AM   #3431
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:

from Cain:

Can we use Harveys Huracan as an example of a vehicle that was threatened to get a ticket for stock exhaust because the cop didn't want to hear it? I know its not a VI but still.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #3432
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
blah blah blah...

i'm out of this discussion for good, if you guys think you have a better idea then follow through because we've now hit a new low turning against ourselves and ridiculing other enthusiasts
Good riddance.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #3433
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
Can we use Harveys Huracan as an example of a vehicle that was threatened to get a ticket for stock exhaust because the cop didn't want to hear it? I know its not a VI but still.
Problem with these types of examples is it’s all hearsay... Harvey didn’t utter a word after describing what happened and people asked if he got it on dashcam or something.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #3434
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
IMO, the difficulty continues to lie with the fact that people receiving VI are not willing to come forward to present their story in official capacity. I do not blame them at all, and I'm sure they have valid reasons for not wanting to do so.

Anyone can continue to point out flaws in the MVA that are real and of legitimate concern. But the police's standard #1 defence is always going to be "show me the evidence", and they will say this regardless of whether they are just trying to cover their a$$es and brush people off, or whether they are earnestly wanting to fix the problem / loopholes.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #3435
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromoron View Post
I'm a little confused why JJ 'only' got a box 2. He's got significantly more drastic modifications to that GTR than many other cars that get box 1s. Why is it that the kid trying to get to work whose only car is an Integra on, say, coils with an exhaust (just an example, not an actual case), is getting a box 1, but this nutso GTR is getting a box 2 and being told to fix it in 30 days. Not to take anything away from JJ, but I would argue to the grave that that is a huuuge imbalance, placing a much larger burden on Integra kid than the box 2 on JJ. Is it the conversation that JJ had with Cain? Maybe the fact he's got, dare I say, clout, not just because he's big on IG (meh) but also being a doctor and therefore a valued member of society?

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I'm posting this as someone considerably closer to being Integra kid than JJ. I don't have money for a tow/impound, nor do I have the money to go for a "pre-inspection" to fix whatever needs to be done for the actual inspection, which I would also have to pay for. A box 1 would ruin me compared to him, transiting to work takes 50% longer ONE WAY than a return trip in a car, not to mention I have to pay the YVR fee on the Canada Line each day going in. Then I have to take the nightbus because my shift ends after the Skytrain does, which will take two hours itself. And then I have my other job on my days off that I thankfully carpool to to make ends meet. All of this extra time and extra money takes away from the time I could be using to fix my car, therefore lengthening the process. JJ's got other cars to drive, I think he'll be okay.

I don't mean to sound like a whiny bitch here, but I am horrified of the idea of getting a box 1. Seeing this interaction, although seemingly positive, doesn't make me feel better at all. And don't even get me started on that modified car registry idea.
totally off topic lol, but you only pay the yvr fee if you're not using compass or a monthly pass/upass. the fee is applied to single use fares.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #3436
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Problem with these types of examples is it’s all hearsay... Harvey didn’t utter a word after describing what happened and people asked if he got it on dashcam or something.
IIRC; He said he was getting one installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
No dashcam, getting one installed soon.

I've heard from others and watched clips on IG of local supercar/sportcar owners getting pulled over for loud exhausts. I assumed maybe the person had done something wrong or had an aftermarket exhaust but now that it has happen to me it's a wake up call to be extra cautious when I'm driving around DT.

It seem to me this cop had all his bases covered when I quizzed him about ticketing me for a stock exhaust. And the thing is I have no tickets on my record, last time I got a ticket was probably 20+ years ago so the fact I was told I would receive a ticket for a stock exhaust was bit of a shock.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2019, 06:25 PM   #3437
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
totally off topic lol, but you only pay the yvr fee if you're not using compass or a monthly pass/upass. the fee is applied to single use fares.
Not true, i was charged YVR fee when i use my compass to go from airport to bridgeport
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750

Order the New 2020 Civic Type R, pm me

Driftspecs Apparel
www.driftspecsapparel.com
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2019, 07:23 PM   #3438
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
138 pages in and all that's been accomplished is making Cain's dick harder.

You're not going to end this. Cain is.
Sucks, but that's reality.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #3439
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
Not true, i was charged YVR fee when i use my compass to go from airport to bridgeport
Yeah, I got charged almost $10 on my compass card when my tap-out didn't read when going from Sea Island Centre to YVR. That's one stop. A 3-zone fare with a compass card is $4.50, wouldn't have minded that because I had like $7 in stored value, but trying to get in the next day was a shocker.

Sorry for the off-topic
euromoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #3440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
Not trying to derail this thread but

Quote:
Applicable Fares

The $5 YVR AddFare is applicable on the following adult and concession fares for eastbound travel:

Single-use tickets purchased from CVMs at the three Sea Island stations.
DayPasses purchased from CVMs at the three Sea Island stations.
Compass Card Stored Value trips that originate on one of the three Island Stations for travel beyond Sea Island.
Contactless Visa or Mastercard credit card or mobile wallet Tap to Pay fares.

Exemptions

The following fare media is exempt from the YVR AddFare:

Monthly Pass holders.
Program pass holders.
Burkeville resident program cards.
Customers using DayPasses not purchased on Sea Island.
Customers using single-use Compass Tickets not purchased on Sea Island.
Customers travelling between Sea Island stations.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:47 PM   #3441
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Not trying to derail this thread but
ahh maybe i was thinking of the monthly passes.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #3442
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
My first run in with the VPD in a very very long time.

So I was driving my Huracan in DT on the Saturday and there were two bike cops who had a limo bus pulled over. So I'm chilling at the lights and one of the of the cops comes over and tells me to roll my window down. Here's how the convo went down:

Cop: Just a heads up, if we hear your exhaust from a block away you're going to receive a ticket.

Me: Ok but I don't rev my engine so it's not going to be an issue.

Cop: Well I know all the modes in these cars and if you have it in sport mode and I can hear it I will ticket you.

Me: Ok but it's a stock exhaust which meets the federal requirements so how can you ticket me for a stock exhaust even if I drive in sport mode?

Cop: Well I can find a way(?)

Me: Find a way? How? I'll just dispute the ticket and prove to the judge the exhaust is stock.

Cop: I'm just telling you don't make noise, I don't want to hear your exhaust. I've ticketed your buddies and I will ticket you.

Me: My buddies? How do you know who my buddies are? I laugh. And what do you mean "don't make noise". Of course my car is going to make a noise but it's within the legal requirements.

Cop after a long pause: Provincial laws are different and we can ticket you. I'm a nice guy to give you a heads up, take my advice. Maybe you should stay out of DT. Have another call, good day.
What the actual fuck.

Good thing I have a dash cam that's always recording audio and video.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #3443
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
https://globalnews.ca/news/5709364/p...r-beanbag-gun/

I guess this was more exciting than issuing VIs - look at the amount of cops that showed up!

Jokes aside, for everyone who told them to fix DTES before VIs, well here ya go.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #3444
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
The obvious answer is Cain cosplaying Sgt. Cross

Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #3445
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Storm Vancouver, They Cant VI Us All

https://www.facebook.com/events/2334647166796163/

Quote:
Details
Alright. So as most of you know, I originally started this as a joke.

But now were gonna do something.

We will meet at Home Outfitters in Coquitlam at 6 and be leaving at 7.

Going for a drive to Vancouver.
I will be running Zello, a walkie talkie app for callouts if I see police, radar detector picks something up ect.
https://zello.page.link/zBJNKECg9W9xpuqx9

The cruise and final location is TBA so if you have a idea of final locaton go ahead and let me know.
Anyone going?
Old 08-03-2019, 04:04 AM   #3446
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Yes, they can. The popo has a good ol time when they do the VW rides up this way; they pull them all into the Chief parking lot and get the extra stacks of ticket books out. Tow trucks are waiting with them, so that saves you a little time.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #3447

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
Not if you bring a stock car, I'll borrow the beigest of Toyotas to go

JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #3448
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
My first run in with the VPD in a very very long time.

So I was driving my Huracan in DT on the Saturday and there were two bike cops who had a limo bus pulled over. So I'm chilling at the lights and one of the of the cops comes over and tells me to roll my window down. Here's how the convo went down:

Cop: Just a heads up, if we hear your exhaust from a block away you're going to receive a ticket.

Me: Ok but I don't rev my engine so it's not going to be an issue.

Cop: Well I know all the modes in these cars and if you have it in sport mode and I can hear it I will ticket you.

Me: Ok but it's a stock exhaust which meets the federal requirements so how can you ticket me for a stock exhaust even if I drive in sport mode?

Cop: Well I can find a way(?)

Me: Find a way? How? I'll just dispute the ticket and prove to the judge the exhaust is stock.

Cop: I'm just telling you don't make noise, I don't want to hear your exhaust. I've ticketed your buddies and I will ticket you.

Me: My buddies? How do you know who my buddies are? I laugh. And what do you mean "don't make noise". Of course my car is going to make a noise but it's within the legal requirements.

Cop after a long pause: Provincial laws are different and we can ticket you. I'm a nice guy to give you a heads up, take my advice. Maybe you should stay out of DT. Have another call, good day.
Actually, something kinda similar to this happened to someone I know. He drives a C7 Corvette Grand Sport, and while we were chilling around the track before the autocross, he told me there was one time he was stopped at the side of the street, and the cops swooped by because someone complained about loud exhausts. No one was there except for him, so they just issued him a VI despite his car being completely stock. I informed him that if he wants, he can go to a small claims court to fight it.

The weird thing is that it actually happened in Victoria, not Vancouver. I can imagine this going a lot worse in Van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
What the actual fuck.

Good thing I have a dash cam that's always recording audio and video.
Cop is just jealous they can't afford a Lambo.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #3449
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

My run in with vpd today. Cambie and 41st two motorcycle cops pulled over a taxi. they were standing behind it. Traffic wasn't moving so I was there about 2 car lengths behind them. They were staring at my car. Traffic started moving, cop got in front of my car. I have no front plate.

Cop sked if I was alberta or BC. I said BC. told me to pull over.

Asked if I knew the laws about front plate, said yes sir.

Asked if I got a ticket before, said yes sir.

Asked why I didn't have it on, said some cops told me they didn't care.

He said well the law is the law and since I got a ticket before I could be looking at a VI to make sure it gets put on. Asked if I wanted that. I said no. Told me to mount it cause it would get unwanted attention from police.

Then complimented my exhaust, said he liked the throatiness. Said he had an 89 GT before. Got to talking. Now has an s4. Asked about what exhaust mods I did, catback or axleback, if it was a Borla, etc. Said to be careful cause my exhaust would definitely fail if he got his decibel meter out and that they're mainly targeting excessively loud cars and aggressive driving.

Anyway, he let me go without even checking my ID or running my plate. Got incredibly lucky.

Just thought I'd share. Was a really chill dude. YMMV. Gonna buy a lottery ticket and put my front plate on..

Maybe it paid off to be polite and honest or he was just in a good mood.
clevernickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #3450
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
You are a brave man running around van with no front plate in the middle of all this.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: