REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #1226
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Manic! Welfare... you guys are starting off the year with a lot of intelligence here. OMG, I haven't heard of these fresh insights before. Why don't you both STFU ... if only someone can cancel you two here.
Welcome to the internet.
Where your participation is entirely optional.
Advertisement
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #1227
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,890 Posts
^ I did participate by posting something helpful.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:14 AM   #1228

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
With some here seemingly condoning threats of violence towards disagreeable civil discourse, I wonder do they also condone actual acts of violence? If Andy's event went ahead as planned and he or attendees had acts of violence carried out upon them, would anyone here condone it?
Old 01-04-2020, 12:49 AM   #1229
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
With some here seemingly condoning threats of violence towards disagreeable civil discourse, I wonder do they also condone actual acts of violence? If Andy's event went ahead as planned and he or attendees had acts of violence carried out upon them, would anyone here condone it?
Why not just go to a place you are wanted instead of trying to be a shit disturber. Family is not paying for this type of shit.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #1230

'Family is not paying for this type of shit'? Is Family also making threats of violence towards this type of shit in order to get it shut down? If the answer is no, why do you think that might that be?
Old 01-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #1231

Quote:
'Family is not paying for this type of shit'? Is Family also making threats of violence towards this type of shit in order to get it shut down? If the answer is no, why do you think that might that be?
Family doesn't even who this guy is and do you think any of the students care?

Take your B.S. somewhere else.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #1232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Why not just go to a place you are wanted instead of trying to be a shit disturber. Family is not paying for this type of shit.
Contracts don't care about your feelings.
https://academic.ubc.ca/academic-com...rsial-speakers
Quote:
The members of the University enjoy certain rights and privileges essential to the fulfilment of its primary functions: instruction and the pursuit of knowledge. Central among these rights is the freedom, within the law, to pursue what seems to them as fruitful avenues of inquiry, to teach and to learn unhindered by external or non-academic constraints, and to engage in full and unrestricted consideration of any opinion. This freedom extends not only to the regular members of the University, but to all who are invited to participate in its forum. Suppression of this freedom, whether by institutions of the state, the officers of the University, or the actions of private individuals, would prevent the University from carrying out its primary functions. All members of the University must recognize this fundamental principle and must share responsibility for supporting, safeguarding and preserving this central freedom. Behaviour that obstructs free and full discussion, not only of ideas that are safe and accepted, but of those which may be unpopular or even abhorrent, vitally threatens the integrity of the University's forum. Such behaviour cannot be tolerated
-Norm Franz
Old 01-04-2020, 12:24 PM   #1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Contracts don't care about your feelings.
https://academic.ubc.ca/academic-com...rsial-speakers
Are you a member of the university?
Was this a member-only event?

I don't understand why you care so much. did you have tickets?
Old 01-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #1234

Quote:
Family doesn't even who this guy is and do you think any of the students care?

Take your B.S. somewhere else.
Quote:
Are you a member of the university?
Was this a member-only event?

I don't understand why you care so much. did you have tickets?
Why do you care if your Family pays 'for this type of shit' if they don't care enough to bother to know who Andy Ngo is. Do you have control over their spending? Why bring them into this discussion?

Why also do you care if you don't believe any of the students care either? If they didn't care, who invited him? If they didn't care, where did the security concerns come from or the threats of violence. Are you suggesting officials at UBC made up the safety concerns in order to cancel the event? Do you condone such behaviour? If the safety concerns come from legitimate threats of violence, why have you yet to condemn such threats?

You are making as much sense as the fascist Antifa.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:40 PM   #1235

Quote:
Why do you care if your Family pays 'for this type of shit' if they don't care enough to bother to know who Andy Ngo is. Do you have control over their spending? Why bring them into this discussion?

Why also do you care if you don't believe any of the students care either? If they didn't care, who invited him? If they didn't care, where did the security concerns come from or the threats of violence. Are you suggesting officials at UBC made up the safety concerns in order to cancel the event? Do you condone such behaviour? If the safety concerns come from legitimate threats of violence, why have you yet to condemn such threats?

You are making as much sense as the fascist Antifa.
I don't care. I just wanted to see snowflakes cry. The amount of tears is impressive.

What's really funny is that you cons are supposed to be free-market less government capitalists. If someone won't bake you a cake find a new baker. But here instead of finding a new venue you are crying to the government and getting the law involved.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #1236

Quote:

What's really funny is that you cons are supposed to be free-market less government capitalists. If someone won't bake you a cake find a new baker. But here instead of finding a new venue you are crying to the government and getting the law involved.
Because laws
-Norm Franz
Old 01-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #1237

Good for you, Manic. If that's how you want to conduct yourself, so be it.

I, on the other hand, try to partake in civil discussions with fellow members of RS - people of all walks of life who initially joined a community with a shared automotive interest.

I try to be the better person in any situation. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and to be respectful of others. I try to avoid ad hominem attacks or giving out fails. You could call it a philosophy of 'Do unto others as you would have do unto you' even though I'm not religious (or a con).
Old 01-04-2020, 06:33 PM   #1238

Quote:
Because laws
I thought cons wanted fewer government laws and red tape?
Old 01-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #1239

Quote:
Good for you, Manic. If that's how you want to conduct yourself, so be it.

I, on the other hand, try to partake in civil discussions with fellow members of RS - people of all walks of life who initially joined a community with a shared automotive interest.

I try to be the better person in any situation. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and to be respectful of others. I try to avoid ad hominem attacks or giving out fails. You could call it a philosophy of 'Do unto others as you would have do unto you' even though I'm not religious (or a con).
I'm not the one crying over a rich guy losing his job or 7 seconds being taking out of a kid's movie.

It's kind of hard to have a civil discussion with someone who is on the same side as people who post this:

Old 01-04-2020, 09:27 PM   #1240
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
I don't care. I just wanted to see snowflakes cry. The amount of tears is impressive.
The irony of this post is absolutely amazing!

JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2020, 11:37 PM   #1241

Quote:
I thought cons wanted fewer government laws and red tape?
You ever attempt to understand the fundamental moral differences that trend between liberals and conservatives?
Ever have a discussion with someone you disagree with where it wasn't an argument?
Do you know the difference?
-Norm Franz
Old 01-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #1242

Quote:
You ever attempt to understand the fundamental moral differences that trend between liberals and conservatives?
Ever have a discussion with someone you disagree with where it wasn't an argument?
Do you know the difference?
Did you have tickets to the event or is this just the latest thing to get outraged about? His topic of Understanding ANTIFA Violence is a joke. In BC more violence has been caused by hockey fans.

Is this what he is worried about?

Old 01-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #1243

Con candidate releases his vision for Canada. I found this interesting.

https://www.bryanbrulotte.ca/wp-cont...for-Canada.pdf

Quote:
NEW PROVINCE OR TERRITORY

Canada needs an exciting, unifying vision. As leader of the next Conservative Government, I would take a bold approach to growing the prosperity and vitality of Canada. One of the initiatives that I would propose would be the negotiated entry of a Caribbean province or territory into the federation. Many Canadians would like to be able to holiday in a tropical country without leaving Canada. Billions of dollars Canadians spend annually in the Caribbean can and should be reinvested in the prosperity of the country. The entry of a new province or territory would allow Canada to expand its economic footprint and further Canadian prosperity and quality of life.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:15 PM   #1244
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Con candidate releases his vision for Canada. I found this interesting.

https://www.bryanbrulotte.ca/wp-cont...for-Canada.pdf
So do we just dump a bunch of trash into the Caribbean and make an island? I guess inviting the Turks and Caicos would be a better idea. The Dominican Republic is my favourite country to visit, thus far, that doesn't need a connection in shit hole Toronto.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:00 AM   #1245

Alberta fires a bunch of fire fighters. BC picks up the free agents.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...hire-them.html

Quote:
“It’s such a win for B.C.,” he said. “They just poached all of these trained personnel that Alberta put hundreds of thousands of dollars into.”
Old 01-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #1246

63 Canadians among dead after plane crash in Iran: Ukraine foreign minister

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/63-can...ster-1.5418610
Old 01-10-2020, 03:13 PM   #1247

And another nut job enters the race for con leader. I hope she wins.

Look at the guy in the back.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #1248

Tory leadership frontrunners denounce claim by social conservative candidate that being gay is a 'choice'

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ay-is-a-choice

CBC just interviewed this guy and he is shocked that people are upset with him.

JT has 8 years left.

This has to be one of the most brutal interviews I have seen in a while. It's almost like the guy was a plant to make the cons look bad.

Last edited by Manic!; 01-23-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #1249

Here is an interview he did yestarday. Brutal.

https://twitter.com/CTV_PowerPlay/st...race-1.5438294
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #1250
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,890 Posts
^ Good

Quote:
Tory leadership frontrunners denounce claim by social conservative candidate that being gay is a 'choice'

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ay-is-a-choice
Now you can stop with your all conservatives are gun toting red necks BS. There are some that are social moderates.

Maybe if you stop using the extreme outlier as a strawman argument, Welfare will stop bringing up libtards.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: