REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:36 PM   #1276
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Thank you! I was also gonna mention that our subs have/are being used. A couple of them are currently at VSY undergoing repairs/retrofits.
Advertisement
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2020, 04:55 PM   #1277
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Here's my take on this, since I live where the pipeline camp is.

The lady who is heading up the camp got the GPS layout of the pipeline and build a "healing lodge" directly on the path of the pipeline. No one was there before this. It was empty land. The sole purpose of this "healing lodge" was to disrupt the pipeline. It has never been used for anything. It's an empty building with nothing in it that they use for storage for camp supplies.
My good friend lives on the 4km mark of the road to the camp. It's seldom used and the blockade that was put in place was only done for media coverage. When the healing lodge was first constructed the pipeline company moved the planned route 1km away. Upon hearing this they immediately constructed another small out building right in the path of the pipeline. Again this is nothing to do with a healing lodge or living in the area. No one actually lives there other than the protesters. 90% of the protesters aren't locals they are paid and brought in.
The local native population has tons of family infighting. One family jealous of another families stature in the community. The elected chiefs (the ones who matter and are chosen to represent the bands) have all been consulted and signed off on the pipeline. 1/3 of all workers on the pipeline are natives. Entire structures have been build to home and care for the workers.
Now this lady who is heading the "Get em Den" camp isn't popular around here. She fights with everyone and has temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. This blockade is a massive temper tantrum. My friends truck was vandalized by the blockaders just trying to get home as the exclusion zone was actually in front of his driveway. When he drove through the blockade cops showed up at his door and issued him a warning for driving with out consideration. Local natives who work for the pipeline are having their cars vandalized by other natives. It's quite disgusting how the nation is falling for this small town bamboozle

The amazing thing is I have personally dealt with the blockade leader and seen her level of crazy. She bought something from my business, claimed it was faulty and accused us of trying to take advantage of her because she's native. When I demonstrated the proper way to use the product and showed her that was in fact as intended she said I was rude to Her and her exact words were, "I've shut down bigger businesses than this one." Does that sound like a rational person?

I have lots more to offer on the topic if anyone cares seeing as how I'm basically on the front lines.

Natives across Canada have used this at the tipping point to let their rage out over the residential schools and the way indigenous people were treated 100 years ago. This isn't REALLY about the pipeline anymore.

Berz out.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:58 PM   #1278
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,907 Posts
The protesters are really endearing themselves to the public. CN and VIA trains all cancelled nationwide. They shut down the Westcoast Express eastbound this afternoon.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #1279
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
Berz, do you know who the hereditary chiefs opposing it are? Everyone seems to be referring to them without mention of which of them are against it (or it seems even verifying that they actually are who they say they are). Since nearly all of the protesters aren't even locals I wouldn't be surprised if the whole bit about the hereditary chiefs is made up too.

I'm also curious how the elected leaders and the rest of the band members feel about this. Presumably they're getting screwed by these idiots too.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 02-13-2020 at 08:14 PM.
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:44 AM   #1280
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
We have gone full stupid.
Soon enough Canada will be part of China with the way JT is acting. He avoids every hard questions thrown at him. Doesn't take a stance and is a clown in the internationally stage.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #1281

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Soon enough Canada will be part of China with the way JT is acting. He avoids every hard questions thrown at him. Doesn't take a stance and is a clown in the internationally stage.
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/polit...ever-data-show

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle4300862/

Quote:
Prime Minister Stephen Harper has shut down Parliament for two months, killing a pesky inquiry into Afghan detainees, stalling government bills and allowing the Conservatives to take control of the Senate.
harper only attended 35% of question periods in 2015. Also, remember when he gave a speech at the UN and no one showed up. Your arguents are week because both sides do the same thing.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #1282
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Fuck this spineless piece of shit. What an absolute disgrace and embarrassment to this country.

JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #1283

Quote:
Fuck this spineless piece of shit. What an absolute disgrace and embarrassment to this country.
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2006/07/...ed-in-lebanon/

Quote:
Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay confirmed the seven Canadians were killed and three others were critically wounded in Sunday’s air strike in the town of Aitaroun near the Israeli border.
https://www.thestar.com/news/2007/02...by_israel.html

Quote:
Harper vows to stand by Israel
Israel kills a family of 7 Canadians and harper stands with the killers.

Last edited by Manic!; 02-14-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2020, 12:19 PM   #1284
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Israel kills a family of 7 Canadians and harper stands with the killers.
I understand the point you're trying to make, but it's different. You'll try to deflect from these points but the reality is Israel bombed insurgent and infrastructure targets used by Hezbollah. Their ROE are bullshit in regards to collateral damage and I don't support Israel's response, and Canadian political response was traditionally weak. That being said Israel never lied about the military action, Israel never tried to cover up their actions, Israel didn't impede an international investigation by withholding major evidence illegally, et al.

Iran straight up murdered Canadians (and more) and did all of the above. Now our 'leader' is shaking hands with the principal liar a month later while he impedes the investigation. The PM should be at home dealing with the serious issue of national infrastructure being shut down instead of chasing some bullshit UN appointment for his own resume and schmoozing with scumbags.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 12:38 PM   #1285

Quote:
I understand the point you're trying to make, but it's different. You'll try to deflect from these points but the reality is Israel bombed insurgent and infrastructure targets used by Hezbollah. Their ROE are bullshit in regards to collateral damage and I don't support Israel's response, and Canadian political response was traditionally weak. That being said Israel never lied about the military action, Israel never tried to cover up their actions, Israel didn't impede an international investigation by withholding major evidence illegally, et al.

Iran straight up murdered Canadians (and more) and did all of the above. Now our 'leader' is shaking hands with the principal liar a month later while he impedes the investigation. The PM should be at home dealing with the serious issue of national infrastructure being shut down instead of chasing some bullshit UN appointment for his own resume and schmoozing with scumbags.

Your outrage is fake. It's also time Canada puts on its bigboy pants and gets a seat at the grown-up table alongside China, Russia, US, France and the U.K.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2020, 07:29 PM   #1286

https://www.nationalobserver.com/202...heir-privilege

Quote:
“These protesters, these activists, may have the luxury of spending days at a time at a blockade, but they need to check their privilege,” Scheer told reporters, who had gathered outside the House of Commons chamber on Parliament Hill in order to broadcast his views.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #1287
Banned By Establishment

Walking eagle news? Fuck off.

Trudeau will go down as the most incompetent PM in Canadian History.

We need to claw back FN payouts to the amount of loss to the Canadian economy. Seems fair.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2020, 12:22 AM   #1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Walking eagle news? Fuck off.

Trudeau will go down as the most incompetent PM in Canadian History.

We need to claw back FN payouts to the amount of loss to the Canadian economy. Seems fair.
What we need is a public inquiry into how a man making 300k tax free a year living in a tax payer funded mansion could not balance his own checkbook. A man who said he could balance the Canadian budget. He should of taken some basic accounting classes or got his wife do. She seems to have a lot of free time.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:10 AM   #1289
HELP ME PLS!!!

One man's faults do not make another man's fault any worse. Nice try for deflection though.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
One man's faults do not make another man's fault any worse. Nice try for deflection though.
But scheer complains about how other people spent their money. Instead of worrying about how much jt spend on a swing set he should have been worrying about his own bank account. He spent 900k of the con party's money. Money given to the party by Canadian tax payers. I would like to know what he spent it on. We know some of it was for his kids school and some it was for clothes and vacations but what else.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:25 AM   #1291

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
What we need is a public inquiry into how a man making 300k tax free a year living in a tax payer funded mansion could not balance his own checkbook. A man who said he could balance the Canadian budget. He should of taken some basic accounting classes or got his wife do. She seems to have a lot of free time.
Jeez, that's pretty true though. I'm surprised you're getting failed on that one. Somewhat ironic in a lot of ways.

I really don't understand what some people in this thread expect him to do?

The people failing you are the same one's propping up Trump, I never heard any of this outrage when Trump invited the Taliban to Camp David, nothing but peeps there, right? What about his cozying up to the Saudis? They also killed Canadians, but once again, no problem there if it's your guy, right?

Truthfully I think JT is in a tough position here, tell me what you guys propose he do?

The man ran on the idea of righting the wrongs of prior Canadian governments against indigenous people. He was voted in twice now running on that agenda. As much as you want to hate the guy, he's been pretty consistent in enacting the promises he's made thus far, so his actions on this whole fiasco is pretty consistent here. He uses an iron hand on these protesters, and he'll face equal backlash.

It's a tough situation, I see both sides on this one in different ways, I wouldn't want to be in his position here.

As for the Iran deal, as well, what the hell do you expect him to do? Like I said, you see Trump cozying up to the Saudis who were literally the perpetrators of 9/11, yet not a single complaint. Where's the same energy and consistency?

The whole Iran situation was highly avoidable, I do not think for a second that Iran purposely attacked that flight in an effort to kill Canadians.

If you think that, then I don't know what to tell you.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #1292
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Deflection, deflection, and more deflection from a self-proclaimed troll. Not worth responding to.

The other angle of attack, strawmanning, is also on full display on this page. Again, not worth responding to.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:57 PM   #1293

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Quote:

Sorry i don't quite get why we are all mad cause of a handshake.
Yes, they shot down a plane, wrongfully. Tons of innocent people died. Not doubt about this.
Are we suppose to hate them for 100 years? Do we not do business for those who wronged us forever? Do we only go visit the country until the investigation is over? We put a hate ban on them until we get the black box?

Of all the countries, Japan, Germany, Vietnam and among all the other wars... our officials still amend these relationships and accept, acknowledge and continue.

We get Indigenous people shaking hand with PMs all the time.... are they all cowards now?
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2020, 08:43 PM   #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Deflection, deflection, and more deflection from a self-proclaimed troll. Not worth responding to.

The other angle of attack, strawmanning, is also on full display on this page. Again, not worth responding to.
I'm not deflecting but you can't complain about something JT did when the party you support did the same thing. That's called being a hypocrite.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:44 PM   #1295

What is scheer hiding? We still don't know what he spent 900k on in 10 months. Remember all donations to a political party are tax deductable so that was taxpayer money he was spending.

https://www.hilltimes.com/2020/02/17...council/235761

When JT bought a swing set with his own money the cons went crazy.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:39 PM   #1296

News saying that if the protest continues ... price of gas will start to rise and other items as well ... maybe things like TP.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
News saying that if the protest continues ... price of gas will start to rise and other items as well ... maybe things like TP.
Toilet paper!? Will have to reduce the number of deuces I take
Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Toilet paper!? Will have to reduce the number of deuces I take
Yup, toilet paper ... see Coronavirus thread ... haha. It would be ironic if we actually had a logical reason for shortage, namely, they are all sitting in cargo containers in English Bay waiting for protest to end. Nothing coming in by sea, nothing coming in by rail.

Please make sure no C lai's read this. Or go out and get some tonight before they catch wind of this.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #1299

Theres always Acorns
Old 02-18-2020, 06:08 PM   #1300
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
When the police in this country don't enforce basic Canadian law, (even after court imposed injunctions), the eco fanatics make their own.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/02...rrest-attempt/

Quote:
VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) — Activists tried to arrest Premier John Horgan outside his house in Langford as the provincial budget is about to be revealed.

The premier wasn’t there when the protesters first showed up, but he came home shortly after and was verbally blasted by the demonstrators from Extinction Rebellion. A small group attempted to detain Horgan under what they are calling a citizen’s arrest to prevent him from getting to the legislature for the budget.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote