REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #76
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I'm gonna hold off on buying one till next year. Pretty much any game coming to PS5 in the first bit will also be on PS4, and I'm hoping they'll offer some better colour choices by then too cause I really don't like the white lol

I'll probably get the disk version because you end up finding way better deals on physical copies than the PlayStation digital store.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2020, 10:54 PM   #77
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
That's the other thing, upgrading a GPU gets you instant benefit from pretty much every game you own. PS5 will play PS4 games, but at PS4 resolutions and 30 FPS performance, unless you get a specific upgraded version. If you do play old games on console, XBOX is by far the better choice
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:01 PM   #78
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,924 Times in 3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah I kind of hate to miss out on the exclusives, but there's plenty to enjoy on XBOX/PC. Plus they are starting to release them on PC now anyway.

Exclusives are going to be "time limited" more than ever, and true exclusives - games that can be played on PC but not console (at least not as enjoyable) - are probably more important to me anyway
Why would you miss out/be time limited? I still have PS3 games to finish so by the time I can justify a PS5 I can grab a slim version and games from the clearance bin
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2020, 11:18 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Why would you miss out/be time limited? I still have PS3 games to finish so by the time I can justify a PS5 I can grab a slim version and games from the clearance bin
There are a few Sony exclusives I'd like to play still... Spiderman, God of War... That's about it actually. Maybe FF7 Remake but I think that's coming to PC anyway
Old 09-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #80

The last God of War was amazing, wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did but ended up getting the Platinum for it. Super stoked for Ragnarok
Old 09-17-2020, 09:16 AM   #81
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
yup, i'm in the same boat. if you had a ps1-2-3-4... most likely you'll be in your ate 30-40s.. gaming desires are not as strong as before
So yeah, i do have a few games i would love to play, and i'm going to wait until this whole pricing gone show is over.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:39 AM   #82
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
yup, i'm in the same boat. if you had a ps1-2-3-4... most likely you'll be in your ate 30-40s.. gaming desires are not as strong as before
So yeah, i do have a few games i would love to play, and i'm going to wait until this whole pricing gone show is over.
Pricing gong show?

Pretty sure the price is going to stay the same?

Best possible deal I can think of is Superstore No Tax day, but don't know if they'll have it in stock.

Trying to preorder right but sold out anymore, anybody have any luck somewhere?

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #83

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I'm gonna hold off on buying one till next year. Pretty much any game coming to PS5 in the first bit will also be on PS4, and I'm hoping they'll offer some better colour choices by then too cause I really don't like the white lol

I'll probably get the disk version because you end up finding way better deals on physical copies than the PlayStation digital store.
Where do you find these deals? I was looking to grab Ghosts, but on CL people are asking for more than the PS Store price?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #84

^ in a couple years time the price will have dropped, along with the price of the games. Usually with a few extra features as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Had? I've still got a PS1-2-3-4.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 09-17-2020, 11:52 AM   #85

PS5 and XBOX are being sold at like a $100-150 loss. Prices aren't going anywhere, they're practically giving them away
Old 09-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #86
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Pricing gong show?

Pretty sure the price is going to stay the same?

Best possible deal I can think of is Superstore No Tax day, but don't know if they'll have it in stock.

Online is out everywhere for the first wave (delivering on launch day).

The only option was for EBGames in-store pre-order (they allocated a certain amount for physical stores), but that's gone now I'm sure.

I skipped gym this morning and went to local EBGame for the pre-order as the line looked ok when I dropped by. Waited for 1:30... but I guess it's ok for 1st day pickup! yay!
Old 09-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #87

I'd be weary on grabbing the launch version, personally.

Sony has a history of heating and hardware issues with every first iteration of their new consoles. I'd rather wait a few months in until any bugs with the physical hardware are worked out prior to buying the launch model.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #88
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
3080> PS5 for me lol

anyone else?
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #89
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
if u r serious about getting one on launch day i have 2 disc versions preordered from different places. u can have one of them at cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2020, 04:39 PM   #90
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
RS to the rescue!

I think the whole idea of console is how laid back everything is. And for me at near 40yr old... I just want to be able to turn on the TV and enjoy the game rather than messing around the settings to make sure I get the FPS, effects... etc right.

That's the whole reason why I no longer build my own rig. All the rigs I'd put together in the last 10yrs were for F&F to fit their specific need. But for my own usage, I just don't find that appealing anymore.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #91
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
I’m torn which to get...

Honestly since 360 I’ve preferred the online capability of the Xbox however the couple people I’d probably play the most with are going PS..

I have a few other friends and then probably 15-20 acquaintances that all play together on Xbox...

Hmmm
Old 09-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #92

Anyone know why there hasn't been a viable option of allowing a mouse and keyboard usage for consoles?

Yes, I know there are some shitty 3rd party versions you can purchase that are absolute garbage. I just wish they'd implement something 1st party that works. I suck ass at FPS games on a controller, and I don't feel like building a new PC at this current time, so I've simply been updating my console with each iteration.

I end up playing 3 games a frigging year nowadays
Old 09-18-2020, 12:31 PM   #93

I thought the current XBox supported KBM?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2020, 12:51 PM   #94
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
i'm getting the console based on the titles.
Last of Us, God of War, Gears, Red Dead where what I played all these generations... but since Red Dead is done, Gears is done... i'm leaning towards PS now.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:47 PM   #95
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I forgot about thesource existing, they've got PS n Xbox preorders too, but soldout naturally

In case you guys wanted another place to keep an eye out for availability
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:49 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Where do you find these deals? I was looking to grab Ghosts, but on CL people are asking for more than the PS Store price?
Most of these deals are on games that have been out for a little while already, and there usually a few times a year they'll get big discounts.

You can check this link too they are usually on things like that

https://www.gamedealscanada.com/deals/
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #97

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-be...max-aquisition

Microsoft buys Bethesda and parent company. Now the question is, do they go full exclusive to try and fuck Sony?
Old 09-21-2020, 10:02 AM   #98
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Maybe but we’ve seen prior MS IPs on PS before. Whatever is the most profitable.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-be...max-aquisition

Microsoft buys Bethesda and parent company. Now the question is, do they go full exclusive to try and fuck Sony?
Huge huge deal. The days of Sony automatically having the best exclusives are over.

The only games that will come out on PS are the ones that have already been announced. They did that when they bought studios last year. But moving forward, expect them all to be XBOX/PC exclusive.

Elder Scrolls VI for instance has not been fully announced, so expect that to be XBOX/PC exclusive.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #100

It looks like they really want to make Game Pass successful. I can see them still allowing the games to sell on PlayStation while touting the fact that all those games are included on Game Pass.

Not much Sony can do to one up something like this, 7.5 billion lol that's insane.