REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:01 AM   #6376
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
who or what in the fuck was that woman.....jesus

Wendy Williams.......... she's hot, said no one, evar........... see her in a dark alley and you will be scarred for life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ite-House.html
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #6377
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Pretty sad that after all this time, all this knowledge and education surrounding this exact topic that someone in the US could still butcher the name that badly lol. It kind of personifies how poorly it's been handled down south.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:23 PM   #6378
Need to Seek Professional Help

Feel free to ignore the whole NWO stuff so you don't get distracted but here is a statement from the health minister of south wales saying that your own home is now a place of danger.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #6379
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
^ *New South Wales, Australia. They're freaking out because for the first time in ages they have higher cases than their neighbour Victoria (12 vs 10)

What he's saying is true though, people are getting it in their homes by having gatherings and such.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #6380
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I'm starting to get a sense of 'COVID Fatigue' everywhere. Especially with school starting, Winter coming, every parent I talked to is basically "I give up, kids are going to school, nobody is wearing masks, this is never going to end, whatever will be will be"
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #6381
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Oh man the conspiracy theorists are going to jizz in their pants over that nwo comment

I appreciate how Australia is taking things more seriously than we are, they're flipping out over having a dozen or less cases a day

Yep everyone seems to be completely 'back to normal' yikes (in terms of social circles, and 'going out'), but at least people are masked up and social distancing while they're out n about
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #6382
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I'm starting to get a sense of 'COVID Fatigue' everywhere. Especially with school starting, Winter coming, every parent I talked to is basically "I give up, kids are going to school, nobody is wearing masks, this is never going to end, whatever will be will be"
To be honest, what can you expect though.

It's not about fatigue... but the overall effectiveness of masks given the context.

If you aren't going to make it mandatory for EVERYONE at school to wear one at all time, then, unless one doesn't send their kids to school, with or without masks, it becomes irrelevant. The kid gotta eat, drink, and do many other activities... where mask wearing becomes an impossible task.

I have said it before, I even wrote to local MPs and schoolboard members... let's do better. Let's gear up the kids and their family with the right tools for trace and tracking. Temperature check on arrival/recess and a careful monitoring of everyone.

We can't go back to lockdown... because any potential benefit outweighs the costs. Kids need a place to gather, learn and play. And Covid is going to be with us in the foreseeable future. Let's set it up so that we can prep the kids for this new normal.
For now, what the school is doing is just keep doing the OLD normal and hope that there isn't an outbreak. I really don't think it'd take long for the hell to break loose.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #6383
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
https://www.citynews1130.com/video/

Trudeau's Covid-19 update before the Thanksgiving long weekend.

-encouraging Canadians to download the health Canada covid app on their smartphones.

-new financial support for businesses. Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy. -

-extend wage subsidy for employees.

-378,000 jobs were added to the economy in September.

-up to $10,000 in forgivable loans to small businesses.

-additional $100 million in funding to assist food banks and improve food security.

-deputy prime minister Freeland announcement: -financial support is directly accessible to businesses at local level. -targetted support for Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy.

Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy extended to december 2019. 65 percent of wages.

Canadian emergency rent subsidy extended. New program. rent support until June 2021 for businesses that prove that Covid affected their businesses. -cover up to 65% of rent coverage for business affected by Covid (that faced 75 percent decrease in revenues). Businesses must provide proof that loss in business is due to Covid. targetted support based on business need.

-funding in tens of millions of dollars to Nunavut and Northwest Territories.

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-09-2020 at 08:55 AM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #6384
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

-encouraging Canadians to download the health Canada covid app on their smartphones.

-additional $100 million in funding to assist food banks and improve food security.

-deputy prime minister Freeland announcement: -financial support is directly accessible to businesses at local level. -targetted support for Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy.

Canadian emergency rent subsidy extended. New program. rent support until June 2021 for businesses that prove that Covid affected their businesses. -cover up to 65% of rent coverage for business affected by Covid (that faced 75 percent decrease in revenues). Businesses must provide proof that loss in business is due to Covid. targetted support based on business need.

It's amazing to see the complete disparity between our government's support and response for Canadians during this whole crisis, as opposed to our neighbors down south.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2020, 01:55 PM   #6385
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
^
Communist!!!

Lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #6386

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

To be frank, I'm horrified by Liberal's action

All these money spent on everything BUT Covid.

Do you guys really feel these "supports" are what our communities need?
All I'm seeing is trying to address the problems and not the cause.

It's Covid that made tenants couldn't pay the rent. It's Covid that businesses need to layoff employees, and it's STILL Covid that we can't fully reopen our economy. If you don't address the cause... how long can our government keep taking on debts to fund these "support" programs?

Ontario is back to a semi-lockdown stage, and I honestly don't think it'd be long before they go back to a full lockdown again.

All these money come from the pocket of our future generations. Every Canadian baby born today would inherit x amount of dollars from these "millions of dollars" as their debt of being born a Canadian.

We should be spending all these money to trace and track down any and ALL cases. Pass laws, and if that's not an option, declare a national emergency (where some constitutional rights can legally be temporary bypassed) to FORCE everyone to download an app and track their travel history (it can be made that it tracks to the account, and not any personal info, so it won't be a huge privacy concern) IF they want to go any public place. And make body temperature check in as many major crowd gathering point (public transportation, schools... etc) as possible.

Yes... there'd be Canadians in need... and we'd have some program in place to provide basic needs, but the important point is to START ADDRESSING THE VIRUS rather than focusing on how to deal with the problems that arose because of the pandemic.

If we keep doing that, and a vaccine isn't ready for another 3yrs. Would our gov't have enough funding and a responsible repayment plan to go on for another 3yrs? Let's say 3yrs is an exaggeration... let's say another year until end of 2021... at the pace Liberals are spending, by the time the pandemic is done, so will our country. We'd be so heavily in debt that we'd either have to cut HEAVILY to any social programs and raise taxes beyond imagination to pay for all these. In other words, the pandemic won't kill us... but it'd threaten our livelihoods
Old 10-09-2020, 08:48 PM   #6387
Performance Moderator

^ I actually agree with you, but it would be political suicide and all the “I hate turd-no” people would go berserk... you can’t just change the mindset of an entire society into a... well... Asian one (for lack of a better way of saying it) overnight.

Western society is entirely predicated on the idea of government representing them or being there for them when required, maybe asking them to do certain things... but definitely not telling them what to do.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:58 PM   #6388

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ I actually agree with you, but it would be political suicide and all the “I hate turd-no” people would go berserk... you can’t just change the mindset of an entire society into a... well... Asian one (for lack of a better way of saying it) overnight.

Western society is entirely predicated on the idea of government representing them or being there for them when required, maybe asking them to do certain things... but definitely not telling them what to do.
I'm not really about the gov't asking people what to do, but rather where to focus their resources on.

We have Covid for over half a year already if you count it from March. And yet ALL the expenses from gov't is targeting problems with no mention of any budgeting and support to address the problem.

No funding for track and tracing, no funding (at least not major) for vaccine/treatment researches, and no funding (again, no major... or at least I couldn't find on Google) on our health system to better prepare for Covid or any future outbreak.

It's "support" after "support"... but who are we really supporting?

I'd give them the CERB, because the sudden cut of economy was unprecedented. And the wage subsidies... maybe... to a stretch.

But commercial rent subsidies, I'm heavily against it. Why would the commercial landlords be allowed to get (up to 75%) of their rent when the whole market went shit? All business has risks... and this is the risk of commercial RE. It shouldn't be Canadians' responsibility to ensure that these landlords can receive their rents.

As for the businesses, if business has to go kaput because landlord doesn't want to renegotiate and the business itself can't adapt to the new Covid environment... bad luck, but if you let everything collapse at once, the landlord would then realize that by playing the hardball won't get them anywhere and would therefore willing to renegotiate (at least temporarily) for a rent abatement or reduction.

And there are ways to avoid total collapse too. All it needs is for CRA to change its rule a little bit for 2020 that allows to claim such "loss of income due to covid" as a tax credit/deductible expense of some sort for the landlords and they would really minimize their impact.

I'm against market intervention in this aspect. It was totally unnecessary.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #6389
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Been hearing a guy a few floors below me in my condo cough every 15-20 minutes severely since 7AM. Not sure if covid19 or not, but not something I want...that's for sure.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #6390
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xu.Vi View Post
Been hearing a guy a few floors below me in my condo cough every 15-20 minutes severely since 7AM. Not sure if covid19 or not, but not something I want...that's for sure.
Is your building made of hay, how can you hear a few floors below you lol.

Jokes aside, it's become a weird society for sure - even for me when I'm out somewhere and someone lets out a single cough I can't help but notice it immediately, something that would have never happened before all this.

A few months ago I walked into a chinese restaurant to pick up dinner (mask on and everything), and the weight of the door going in caught me off guard and some spit went down my windpipe. Never in my life have I done anything more difficult than trying not to cough violently that time lol.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #6391
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Is your building made of hay, how can you hear a few floors below you lol.

Jokes aside, it's become a weird society for sure - even for me when I'm out somewhere and someone lets out a single cough I can't help but notice it immediately, something that would have never happened before all this.

A few months ago I walked into a chinese restaurant to pick up dinner (mask on and everything), and the weight of the door going in caught me off guard and some spit went down my windpipe. Never in my life have I done anything more difficult than trying not to cough violently that time lol.
Hear him coughing from out his window* . Everyone is hyper-vigilant...goes to show how adaptive we are when it comes to an apparent threat.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #6392
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,324 Times in 5,641 Posts
I’ve been coughing a lot more but it’s because it’s harvest time and I’ve been smoking way more weed than usual lol
Old 10-10-2020, 12:49 PM   #6393
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
https://twitter.com/SongbirdTam_83/s...65214015377409

Feel free to ignore the whole NWO stuff so you don't get distracted but here is a statement from the health minister of south wales saying that your own home is now a place of danger.
Is it crazy to say that I've been expecting a new world order back since 2012?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #6394
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
No funding for track and tracing, no funding (at least not major) for vaccine/treatment researches, and no funding (again, no major... or at least I couldn't find on Google) on our health system to better prepare for Covid or any future outbreak.
You're probably not using the right search terms...

This was back in June, I believe: Government of Canada and Provincial partners invest more than $109M in COVID-19 research

The funding opportunity results are listed here, and the research areas covered include vaccines, diagnostics, therapeutics, clinical management and health system interventions, and social policy and public health responses.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2020, 05:01 PM   #6395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
You're probably not using the right search terms...

This was back in June, I believe: Government of Canada and Provincial partners invest more than $109M in COVID-19 research

The funding opportunity results are listed here, and the research areas covered include vaccines, diagnostics, therapeutics, clinical management and health system interventions, and social policy and public health responses.
109 Millions... sounds great on paper. But if you look into details, that's split onto over 139 projects... less than a million each.

I'm glad that our gov't is doing something... but this looks to me more like a "for face" kinda spending when countries like US, UK, Germany... etc are pouring in hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars on a few projects.

Again, I think the libs lacks focus... they are just spending and spending because they somehow justify it. But they aren't really doing shit...
Old 10-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #6396
Performance Moderator

Our population is tiny, it doesn’t make fiscal sense to pour billions into vaccine research when other countries with much larger capacity and advanced labs/companies are already doing it.

Hate to say it since it doesn’t allow us to be “Proud Canadians” but sometimes riding on the coat tails of others is the soundest plan possible.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #6397
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
coronavirus discussion

Dr. Henry's Covid update for this past Thanksgiving long weekend:

549 new cases
5 new deaths
4 new outbreaks

In particular, Dr. Henry stressed again the importance of keeping bubbles small in terms of social interaction with a small group of people for sports. She noted that Covid was spread among spectators/parents as they were watching students play in school team sports. Dr. Henry said that it is important to limit the number of sports that people play as a group. Stick to one sport that you and your family deem the most important.

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-13-2020 at 03:50 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:41 PM   #6398
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Thought the school boards shut down all sports teams. Or is that for certain districts only?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:01 PM   #6399
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,324 Times in 5,641 Posts
Drive passed Burnaby lake any day, there’s hundreds of soccer players sharing the few field there frequently
Old 10-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #6400
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
but they don't touch each other

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob