REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-24-2020, 05:14 PM   #7226
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
Well if my Uber delivery driver was infected, all that means is he might have come into contact with me (under 40 healthy, and extremely unlikely to have a serious case of covid)

If you’re living with Somone who’s 60+ and you’re living a reckless lifestyle, that is for you and your family to figure out. Not on everyone else to worry about.

Have there been outbreaks at the mall? Have there been deaths from Walmart infections? Seemingly not. They all happen to people in long term care facilities to people who can’t even wipe their own ass and are dieing older than the provincial average life expectancy? Lol

Want to stop deaths at care homes? Have a govt. official testing every single person that comes and goes. Oh there’s no money for that? Then fuck right off you shouldn’t have blown your load on programs that were
Completely ineffective from the beggining.

Joe Rogan can afford to test people ON THE SPOT and he was able to do it in 2 different states! Lol yet all we hear is turd crying about care home deaths. As I said, that system is broken beyond repair.
Advertisement

Last edited by Hondaracer; 11-24-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:49 PM   #7227
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^ so you're saying the 600+ infected yesterday in Fraser Health are all senior home workers and not your Uber delivery driver? And they don't live with any senior people over 60

I'm sure even the $18 dollar senior home care workers have more common sense and minimal health knowledge than the Walmart anti maskers. You make it seem like they have a choice but to work in a high risk environment. I'm sure they are doing more and the best they can with their resources compared to Walmart or any mall.
These care homes don't even test until after there's an outbreak. And even then, "the testing methods vary".
currently there are 60 care home outbreaks in BC. How many are going to die out of those 60?
https://globalnews.ca/news/7480423/b...rapid-testing/

I'm sorry, but the vast majority of deaths aren't occurring from retail stores or uber's. Or even people who live with them.
They're happening to very old people, with comorbidities, who aren't capable of taking care of themselves, which is why the majority are in care homes.
The focus/resources should reflect that.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 11-24-2020 at 05:59 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #7228
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
There's a bit of debate about these apps.
I for one use these apps because it allows cashless pickup. I can order, pay with CC and just show up to pick up the food.
But more importantly, these apps allow us to try different restaurants that we would normally not think of.

If done properly, these apps will open up the restaurant to a bigger market.
Think you should watch this video. These apps often have higher prices than the actual restaurant, so if you're picking up you should just call them directly.

If you're concerned with touching the pin pad, do what a lot of people are doing now. Take out another credit card or what not and use that the press on the keys. That way it remains contactless.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #7229
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Well if my Uber delivery driver was infected, all that means is he might have come into contact with me (under 40 healthy, and extremely unlikely to have a serious case of covid)
No different than your canada post & amazon guy / girl, grocery stockers, dry cleaners with COVID. Just imagine the # of parcels, letters, items they have touched... I stop getting worried about these things, cause you can't get too paranoid.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 06:33 PM   #7230
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I wanna say this is the same for the food sector in that restaurants that was able to do online orders and skip/door dash orders vs those that only opened for dine in survived.

Restaurants that relied heavily on dine in suffered.
Westopher, am I right to make this assumption?
*raises hand*
We are in that boat. Our restaurants have quite a huge square footage (meaning high rent).
Built our whole concept towards big groups, pre-parties, chill dining and drinking in core downtown. We are not a hole-in the-wall store pushing big chunks of quick sushi geared towards take-out (think Sushi Garden, Samurai)

We have been suffering really bad ever since the pandemic started.
We already missed out on quite a few of the regular Japanese tour groups that come throughout the middle of the year, not to mention all the cruise ships. Now with Christmas coming up. We used to take many corporate Christmas parties from the likes of Lululemon, Aritzia, Car2Go, etc... but haven't got a single call this year, and don't expect to.

We can only hang on to our pants now, and push more take-out and quick bites going forward.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:29 PM   #7231
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
i haven't thought about ebisu for a while, will take out next time we're in dt
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #7232
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
We can only hang on to our pants now, and push more take-out and quick bites going forward.
does your broadway location still do dine-in or just take out?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:04 PM   #7233
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
These care homes don't even test until after there's an outbreak. And even then, "the testing methods vary".
currently there are 60 care home outbreaks in BC. How many are going to die out of those 60?
https://globalnews.ca/news/7480423/b...rapid-testing/

I'm sorry, but the vast majority of deaths aren't occurring from retail stores or uber's. Or even people who live with them.
They're happening to very old people, with comorbidities, who aren't capable of taking care of themselves, which is why the majority are in care homes.
The focus/resources should reflect that.
There are care homes and there are care homes. Privately run ones, state run ones and hybrids. My mother in law is in a facility that has one side private and one side government run/subsidized. She is in the government run side. The privately run side is a freaking joke/nightmare. Visitors coming in and out, patients outside chilling, etc. The government run side is totally the opposite. The first two cases of Covid started on the private side. We were assured it was contained and there were no worries. Then it spread. Now a case popped up on my mother in law's side. It was only a matter of time. It was suggested by someone that care homes need to have rapid testing for all care workers and staff. No visitors allowed, no matter what. Yeah, it's not going to be popular, but death is pretty permanent. If a slew of vaccines are on their way, just hang on for a little while longer. Seeing a loved one once to end up dying and possibly sentencing others to their death........... nuff said.

On a side note. Most of these private facilities are owned and operated by foreign investors. It's all about money. Another can of worms.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #7234
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
A China conglomerate did buy out the largest private residence care company in Canada if I recall correctly
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:23 PM   #7235

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i haven't thought about ebisu for a while, will take out next time we're in dt
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
does your broadway location still do dine-in or just take out?
If we mention RS ... can we get 10% off ... just kidding. I know it's hard to make it nowadays. Any of the locations, Robson, Broadway, or Richmond helps, right? Will plan to do that.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #7236

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Australia is the model country.

By trusting in its scientists, Australia is down to zero new COVID-19 cases

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...covid-19-cases
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:45 PM   #7237
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
I call BS ... but if I was in charge of enforcement, I'd do my best to circulate rumors like this. Will make my job a lot easier ... but no, I don't think this happened.
Same. I won't believe it until I see someone post an actual ticket.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:04 PM   #7238
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Australia is the model country.

By trusting in its scientists, Australia is down to zero new COVID-19 cases

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...covid-19-cases
There's no way the weak leaders we have would go to the lengths that Australia has tho (which included jailing ppl who ignored the rules)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:10 PM   #7239
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
There are care homes and there are care homes. Privately run ones, state run ones and hybrids. My mother in law is in a facility that has one side private and one side government run/subsidized. She is in the government run side. The privately run side is a freaking joke/nightmare. Visitors coming in and out, patients outside chilling, etc. The government run side is totally the opposite. The first two cases of Covid started on the private side. We were assured it was contained and there were no worries. Then it spread. Now a case popped up on my mother in law's side. It was only a matter of time. It was suggested by someone that care homes need to have rapid testing for all care workers and staff. No visitors allowed, no matter what. Yeah, it's not going to be popular, but death is pretty permanent. If a slew of vaccines are on their way, just hang on for a little while longer. Seeing a loved one once to end up dying and possibly sentencing others to their death........... nuff said.

On a side note. Most of these private facilities are owned and operated by foreign investors. It's all about money. Another can of worms.
The government could subsidize testing for private run care homes, and impose stricter regulations on them. They could also subsidize pay increases for the employees for their hardship of those measures.
It seems that they're just basically enacting equal regulation across the board which doesn't make sense when clearly not all demographics are effected equally.
If 80% of the deaths are coming out of care homes, there should be at least a somewhat closer ratio of funds and focus toward them.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:33 PM   #7240

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Most of these private facilities are owned and operated by foreign investors. It's all about money. Another can of worms.
I work with a handful of the private ones, heck even the native reserve ones and I don't blame them at all. Not one bit.

Go to anyone and look at their careers page, you will be blown away at the number of hires they have on a constant basis. The moment you send in a resume, you will get a call back without even really checking your references. Start day... whenever you can.

Extremely hard to hire, even tougher to retain. Then you also got the "i've been here for 18 yrs general manager" who is not used to technology trying to deal with timesheets, shift swaps... no wonder they are constantly understaffed.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:02 AM   #7241
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
The government is going after anti-mask people harder now with fines.

$230 fine for non-compliance.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11...sk-order-fine/

On Tuesday, Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth announced anyone who doesn’t comply with the mandatory mask order in indoor public spaces could be looking at a $230 fine.

“Last week, the PHO provided guidance that masks should be worn in all indoor public places. This new order under the EPA will ensure we have the tools necessary to enforce the mask mandate as recommended by the PHO,” Farnworth said in a release.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:02 AM   #7242

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishCak3s View Post
Same. I won't believe it until I see someone post an actual ticket.
it's literally impossible to enforce.

a friend of mine works at the Burnaby tank farm, probably one of the biggest construction projects in town these days.

There are people there from all over BC and further, some of them live together in 3/4/5 room houses, none of them have ID with the same address on it. They legitimately live in the same house, Do you fine them when they are out at a restaurant?

you're telling me a fucking cop is going to walk up to a booth of people and demand ID to prove they live together? hah.. good luck with that. I wouldnt show my ID even if i was with my wife, fuck that noise.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:27 AM   #7243
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
So you’re sitting inside of someone’s restaurant with your wife and a cop asks to see your ID, your response will be “fuck that noise”?

Lol... I’d like to see how that pans out for you.

I remember I was a punk kid sitting in a friend’s underground waiting for him to come down and some dude in plain clothes comes up, asks me what I’m doing then asks to see my ID. My smartass response was “let me see your badge”. Well he obliged, showed me his badge to prove he was a police officer there due to a rash of recent car thefts and I felt like the biggest idiot ever

Quote:
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:47 AM   #7244

If we're at the point of cops coming into restaurants to check ID like it's gang squad, you might as well shut everything down.

If they asked me for ID i'd politely decline, pay my bill and leave.

I dont know if any of you are familiar with Sam Chui, who is a youtuber who does air travel reviews etc. He's probably the most famous airplane youtuber. In his recent video he flew Emirates which is now using Iris scans for health screening bypass as well as security bypass within emirates own sections and boardings.

If you want to talk about dystopia, a private airline taking iris scans and saving that data for health screening is getting rightttttt up there.. lol
Old 11-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #7245
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
I'm just reading a bit up in australia, what else do you guys suggest we do? Clearly our laid back Canadian honor system isn't working. I feel like we're at the point where it's either get worse or have hard policies now. Which seems like the trend. Bby hospital this morning said they aren't taking any new patients. It's either strict rules or turn into murica, just look at Alberta
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #7246
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
The current measures (from my limited perspective) seem to be having negative effects on the businesses they are trying to save by avoiding lockdown, while apparently according to the numbers having a negligible effect in controlling the virus as well. Just cancelling a whole month of the year would be better at this point. Force banks to participate as well. No rent, no mortgage, no anything for a solid month. Grocery and medical are all that operate, then start it back up. If it doesn’t work? Oh well, I guess we’re fucked anyways. Another couple months of this we kill the economy and we have a sick population, so it’s time to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #7247
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Think you should watch this video. These apps often have higher prices than the actual restaurant, so if you're picking up you should just call them directly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIZx...hannel=CBCNews

If you're concerned with touching the pin pad, do what a lot of people are doing now. Take out another credit card or what not and use that the press on the keys. That way it remains contactless.
First off, have you tried using those apps? Some of the cost is there and they are up front about it.
There is something to be said about prepaying and showing up at the restaurant, grab the food and go.
Also about the food being warm, well guess what. By the time you get home, I don't think the food is that warm if the restaurant is 20-30 minutes away.
In this day and age, there has to be some give and take.
Also, I like watching market place but I don't take everything they show as being the absolute truth.
There are 30% of XXX$ dollar off coupons for those apps and you know they are not working for free.

Quote:
^ so you're saying the 600+ infected yesterday in Fraser Health are all senior home workers and not your Uber delivery driver? And they don't live with any senior people over 60

I'm sure even the $18 dollar senior home care workers have more common sense and minimal health knowledge than the Walmart anti maskers. You make it seem like they have a choice but to work in a high risk environment. I'm sure they are doing more and the best they can with their resources compared to Walmart or any mall.
It's funny how you guys make fun of the workers at those long term health care places but no one mentions this.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/5-dead-dozens-...ital-1.5202975

It doesn't take much for the virus to spread, which is why we all have to do our part to help. Social distance, wear a mask, only go out if you have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:01 AM   #7248

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If we're at the point of cops coming into restaurants to check ID like it's gang squad, you might as well shut everything down.
Yes, you’re right. We should shut it down. Thank you for supporting the new lockdown for all of our safety
Old 11-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #7249
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
So you’re sitting inside of someone’s restaurant with your wife and a cop asks to see your ID, your response will be “fuck that noise”?

Lol... I’d like to see how that pans out for you.

I remember I was a punk kid sitting in a friend’s underground waiting for him to come down and some dude in plain clothes comes up, asks me what I’m doing then asks to see my ID. My smartass response was “let me see your badge”. Well he obliged, showed me his badge to prove he was a police officer there due to a rash of recent car thefts and I felt like the biggest idiot ever
Well I would hope most people would ask for a badge if some random plain clothed dude asked you for ID out of nowhere lol, that seems pretty reasonable to me.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #7250

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Quote:
I'm just reading a bit up in australia, what else do you guys suggest we do? Clearly our laid back Canadian honor system isn't working. I feel like we're at the point where it's either get worse or have hard policies now. Which seems like the trend. Bby hospital this morning said they aren't taking any new patients. It's either strict rules or turn into murica, just look at Alberta
Follow the Australian model. Aussie police set up roadblocks. Government used big fines to deter people from meeting in large groups.

Police roadchecks and increased police presence at Skytrain stations. More transit cops. Stop people from going to visit friends for their big parties at an apartment, condo, houses etc.

The super spreader events are the private parties. Lockdowns are not effective if you don't have strict police enforcement. There has to be a way to keep businesses safe and operating using the mask enforcement. In my opinion, it's the people partying in homes which are spreading Covid.

this article is a good read:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/austra...down-1.5813280

Last edited by pastarocket; 11-25-2020 at 09:35 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: