REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #7201
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Mec actually isn't that bad. A lot broader selection than atmosphere and some of their mec brand stuff like sleeping bags are 80% of what you'd get for half the price of say western mountaineering. Their problem is the same as cabelas where they are carrying less and less brand name stuff in favor of Mec (or cabelas) brand, which is driving educated consumers elsewhere.

Regarding Joe at the lighting store, no one said home depot needs to close instead. It's not one or the other I don't know why you make that arguement. Both should be allowed to stay open as long as they are able to follow covid protocols. The extreme end of this is maybe the government should hand out Amazon gift cards for covid benefits?
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #7202
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
The most infuriating shit right now is getting “news” straight on my phones Home Screen like “25 hot Amazon deals for Black Friday!”
Like this isn’t fucking news and should media just be giving out articles as free advertising for these fucks? Not too mention all the people shouting BUY LOCAL on their FB statuses only to walk to their mailbox to pick up their 3 Amazon packages once they hit post.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #7203
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If anything MEC should be killing it due to this pandemic. There’s more people interested in outdoor activities than any time in recent memory.
Problem is that they've strayed so far from what made them successful and couldn't afford to even get a proper supply chain going. The biggest complaint since COVID started (and well before it tbh) was that you'd go into a store and most of the shelves were empty.

They should've made an absolute killing this spring and summer with COVID and the increased message of being outdoors but they completely fumble it.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #7204
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
They've been going thru internal issues, so they dropped the ball on a lot of fronts, they're still going thru internal turmoil with the sale etc
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #7205
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The most infuriating shit right now is getting “news” straight on my phones Home Screen like “25 hot Amazon deals for Black Friday!”
Like this isn’t fucking news and should media just be giving out articles as free advertising for these fucks? Not too mention all the people shouting BUY LOCAL on their FB statuses only to walk to their mailbox to pick up their 3 Amazon packages once they hit post.
Its not free. Amazon pay for advertisement and it was hard to compete with Amazon pre-covid as a small business and it is even harder now. If you didn't have an online presence pre-covid it is even harder to get this message out now with everything going on. A lot of business were complacent pre-covid on their online presence. Amazon is just hard to compete when it comes to prices and distribution. They already have an establish reputation, add in additional advertisement spending and the government force closing small business while leaving the big business to profit.

This really will be the greatest exchange of wealth in our generation. Big corporation has been strangling the smaller guys for years before covid and this will just speed up everybody's demise.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:01 PM   #7206
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Yeah but these aren’t ads. They are news articles, from media outlets.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #7207
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
The biggest complaint since COVID started (and well before it tbh) was that you'd go into a store and most of the shelves were empty.

They should've made an absolute killing this spring and summer with COVID and the increased message of being outdoors but they completely fumble it.
Atmosphere was the same, even with the Canadian tire marks sportchek corporate power.

Friends wife is a manager at atmosphere in town and she said the corporate purchasers for atmosphere (and mec) were told to not order inventory in the spring because they didn't want to burn capital when the covid uncertainty happened. By the time they decided to stay open, it was too late to order spring/summer stocking inventory.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #7208
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
I knew this kind of cheating at school was bound to happen sooner or later during this pandemic.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11...term-cheating/

If these allegations are true, UBC needs to expel the cheaters.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #7209
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
BUEC 333 back in SFU days, it was a class project, 80_+ students hired help on the project, the helper; previous student / teaching assistant... turned these 80+ people in.

my friend was one of them, either auto F and no record, or D with an discretion on their transcript. crazyyy
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #7210

I've seen students openly discuss problems in their class WhatsApp groups, etc, over the years, for different classes, groups which the profs are also members of, surprised this hit the news
Old 11-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #7211
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Its not free. Amazon pay for advertisement and it was hard to compete with Amazon pre-covid as a small business and it is even harder now. If you didn't have an online presence pre-covid it is even harder to get this message out now with everything going on. A lot of business were complacent pre-covid on their online presence. Amazon is just hard to compete when it comes to prices and distribution. They already have an establish reputation, add in additional advertisement spending and the government force closing small business while leaving the big business to profit.
I wanna say this is the same for the food sector in that restaurants that was able to do online orders and skip/door dash orders vs those that only opened for dine in survived.

Restaurants that relied heavily on dine in suffered.

Westopher, am I right to make this assumption?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #7212
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
941 new cases

10 deaths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #7213

God damn it ppl
Old 11-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #7214
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Called it over 1000 before end of November
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 04:10 PM   #7215
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Called it over 1000 before end of November
Probably one of those times nobody is going to high 5 you

68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 04:15 PM   #7216

Thanked 4,014 Times in 1,911 Posts
Damn 941 today! That's a math lesson on exponential growth. Now I think the tougher restrictions should have came earlier, they were put in place when it hit about 500 / day. They do do projections and modelling, maybe they should have clamped down around the 250/day mark to avoid this. Oh well ...

Anyone else think that Dr. Bonny need to transform into a meaner, tougher, spokesperson? The keep calm, keep safe, be kind, restrict yourself if you feel like it ... isn't working! That approach might have worked in the 1st wave but now, all hell is breaking loose! But frankly, no Province is doing well. Maybe it's time to go full Wuhan, dictator, China lockdown, bolt apartment/condo doors, drag people to jail, etc.

Last edited by whitev70r; 11-24-2020 at 04:24 PM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 04:15 PM   #7217
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I wanna say this is the same for the food sector in that restaurants that was able to do online orders and skip/door dash orders vs those that only opened for dine in survived.

Restaurants that relied heavily on dine in suffered.
Can't say I'm the biggest fan of these delivery apps. Only used them a handful of times due to time constraints. Even for delivery, I expect my food to arrive somewhat fresh and these services never manage to do so. I much rather pick it up myself. Besides if it's a restaurant you truly support, why would you allow them to lose 20-30% in middlemen fees.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #7218
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Rumor, 4 people at Cactus Club Langley got fines of $2500 each because they were sitting in the same booth with a person with who they did not reside with.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:24 PM   #7219
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,355 Times in 5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Atmosphere was the same, even with the Canadian tire marks sportchek corporate power.

Friends wife is a manager at atmosphere in town and she said the corporate purchasers for atmosphere (and mec) were told to not order inventory in the spring because they didn't want to burn capital when the covid uncertainty happened. By the time they decided to stay open, it was too late to order spring/summer stocking inventory.
I spent 3 months looking for golf shoes..

There were days when I went to 6-8 stores looking for anything even ACCEPTABLE and I couldn’t find a pair. Huge miss by these companies.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #7220
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Can't say I'm the biggest fan of these delivery apps. Only used them a handful of times due to time constraints. Even for delivery, I expect my food to arrive somewhat fresh and these services never manage to do so. I much rather pick it up myself. Besides if it's a restaurant you truly support, why would you allow them to lose 20-30% in middlemen fees.
There's a bit of debate about these apps.
I for one use these apps because it allows cashless pickup. I can order, pay with CC and just show up to pick up the food.
But more importantly, these apps allow us to try different restaurants that we would normally not think of.

If done properly, these apps will open up the restaurant to a bigger market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #7221
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,355 Times in 5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Damn 941 today! That's a math lesson on exponential growth. Now I think the tougher restrictions should have came earlier, they were put in place when it hit about 500 / day. They do do projections and modelling, maybe they should have clamped down around the 250/day mark to avoid this. Oh well ...

Anyone else think that Dr. Bonny need to transform into a meaner, tougher, spokesperson? The keep calm, keep safe, be kind, restrict yourself if you feel like it ... isn't working! That approach might have worked in the 1st wave but now, all hell is breaking loose! But frankly, no Province is doing well. Maybe it's time to go full Wuhan, dictator, China lockdown, bolt apartment/condo doors, drag people to jail, etc.
If Bonnie starts trying to tell people to stay inside and becomes some tyrant that’s when I start going to the pub with friends “I live with” etc.

That approach is not going to do jack shit.

The majority of the people are not even watching per pressers.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:52 PM   #7222

Thanked 4,014 Times in 1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Rumor, 4 people at Cactus Club Langley got fines of $2500 each because they were sitting in the same booth with a person with who they did not reside with.
I call BS ... but if I was in charge of enforcement, I'd do my best to circulate rumors like this. Will make my job a lot easier ... but no, I don't think this happened.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 04:56 PM   #7223
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
yea, I could be banging someone not in my residence, pretty sure she has covid now

or vice versa

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:56 PM   #7224
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
The majority of deaths are occurring from care home outbreaks. Yet the government has decided to shower hundreds of billions of dollars on the public, impose measures that cripple businesses, and waste tests on the least vulnerable of the population.
Complete mismanagement.

My coworker went to get tested last week, said there wasn't a single person in the massive lineup under the age of 50.
Care home workers, who are bringing the virus in, aren't going to change habits when they're being paid $18/hr and aren't being tested regularly.
If they wanted deaths to reduce drastically, take a sliver of the insane amount of money that's been thrown around and put it to care home workers, and test them frequently.
Instead they've just thrown a blanket over society. Ridiculous.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #7225
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^ so you're saying the 600+ infected yesterday in Fraser Health are all senior home workers and not your Uber delivery driver? And they don't live with any senior people over 60

I'm sure even the $18 dollar senior home care workers have more common sense and minimal health knowledge than the Walmart anti maskers. You make it seem like they have a choice but to work in a high risk environment. I'm sure they are doing more and the best they can with their resources compared to Walmart or any mall.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote