REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:42 PM   #8576
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I don't believe they're blacklisted at least not locally. They will receive their 2nd dose in BC where they reside but will have to wait like everyone else for their turn. By the time they get it it'll be outside the recommended time after the 1st shot though. I wonder what their plan was originally to get the 2nd shot anyway?
Maybe they were going to dress up as homeless ppl and steal some vaccines for the homeless
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #8577
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
Ha just came to post the article and video from global. What an upstanding citizen.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7610670/v...telus-gardens/
Love how at the 30 second mark, you see that girl with her cell phone out videoing the police and yelling come back here come back here.

Seriously, maybe ppl need to video her and not block out her face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2021, 12:54 PM   #8578
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-was-kidnapped
Lol.

A Taiwanese man penalised for breaching Covid quarantine regulations has had his fine revoked after it emerged he had been kidnapped by debt collectors.

The man, whose surname is Chen, returned from Hong Kong in late October and began his 14 days of mandatory home quarantine at a friend’s home in Nantou county. The next day, however, men identified as debt collectors arrived at the house and mistook Chen for his friend, who owed them money.

The justice ministry said Chen’s explanation had been investigated and confirmed, and that his fine had been revoked because he had been forced to leave quarantine against his will.

“The violation of the quarantine regulations was not caused by his own intentional or negligent behaviour,” said Hu Tianci, a spokesman for the Changhua branch of the administrative enforcement agency.

“According to the law such behaviour should not be punished and should be referred to the health unit for withdrawal.”

It is the first time a Taiwanese government fine for a quarantine breach has been reversed.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #8579
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
Dr. Henry's Covid briefing for this past weekend:

1158 new cases (408, 473, 277)

21 deaths

79 people in ICU.

Bad, bad news: 14 cases of the UK variant are in BC. 4 cases of the South African variant are here.

In particular, one individual with the UK variant was part of an exposure to a school in the Fraser Valley Health region (Maple Ridge).

A PCR test, in addition to the rapid test is performed on that individual, as the PCR test gives more accurate results than the rapid test.

Dr. Bonnie mentioned that the tests performed on students, so far, have not shown any Covid variants.

As for the Superbowl celebrations this weekend, Chinese New Year (starting on February 12th), and Family Day on February 15th, Dr. Bonnie is asking people to celebrate in small groups within your own household. Keep their bubbles small.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-01-2021 at 02:41 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:04 PM   #8580
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
i believe all UK variant cases are epilinked to known travel history
the south africa one is spreading in the community without clear tracing
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #8581
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
So lowest numbers since Oct and current orders are set to expire on the 5th

If we’re just gonna get strung along month to month with this false hope of “oh now maybe I can go out for dinner with a friend” just come out and say that it’s not changing until X amount of people are vaccinated etc. This stringing people along on false hope BS is tired.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:41 PM   #8582
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
USA now has more vaccinated people than active Covid cases
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2021, 09:29 PM   #8583
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Love how at the 30 second mark, you see that girl with her cell phone out videoing the police and yelling come back here come back here.

Seriously, maybe ppl need to video her and not block out her face.
LOL karen in the making.. Her outfit really accentuates what's not there
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2021, 05:12 AM   #8584

coronavirus discussion

Trudeau is expected to announce an agreement today that would see Covid vaccines made in Canada.

Novavax vaccine production in Montreal begins in late July.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ll-being-built

The government is expected to announce that Novavax will produce its COVID-19 vaccine at a still under construction facility in Montreal. A government source speaking on background, revealed the company has signed a memorandum of understanding to use the National Research Council’s facility and could begin producing vaccines in late July.

Novavax has been working on its vaccine since the beginning of the pandemic. The company already has an order to supply Canada with 52 million doses of its vaccine and is now seeking regulatory approval from Health Canada.

The vaccine requires two doses, but can be stored in normal fridges and isn’t as delicate as other shots on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-02-2021 at 06:03 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2021, 06:20 AM   #8585

Funny how that “extensive portfolio of vaccines” has turned into, rushing to produce a non-approved vaccine in a factory that isn’t even built yet..
Old 02-02-2021, 07:02 AM   #8586

coronavirus discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Funny how that “extensive portfolio of vaccines” has turned into, rushing to produce a non-approved vaccine in a factory that isn’t even built yet..

It is also funny how Pfizer chooses to upgrade its manufacturing plants in Europe this year rather than last year during a time when pharmaceutical firms were doing extensive work to create a Covid vaccine.

Pfizer could not do the plant upgrade last year?

It is easy to just blame the government for the shortage of vaccine when part of that blame also falls on pharmaceutical firms like Pfizer.

I do not believe for a minute that Pfizer’s management team could not have made a decision to do their plant upgrade in Europe at an earlier time last year.

I call bullshit on Pfizer.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-02-2021 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:17 AM   #8587
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
how's the south african variant fare up against vaccines?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #8588

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It is also funny how Pfizer chooses to upgrade its manufacturing plants in Europe this year rather than last year during a time when pharmaceutical firms were doing extensive work to create a Covid vaccine.

Pfizer could not do the plant upgrade last year?

It is easy to just blame the government for the shortage of vaccine when part of that blame also falls on pharmaceutical firms like Pfizer.

I do not believe for a minute that Pfizer’s management team could not have made a decision to do their plant upgrade in Europe at an earlier time last year.

I call bullshit on Pfizer.

It's not just Pfizer, Moderna is also falling short on their vaccines, just not being talked about as much on the news.

That being said, 7+ billion people in the world. People should have realized that's a lot of doses of vaccines even for 5 or 6 different vaccines especially if they require 2 doses and the stuff governments are saying doesn't add up.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 02-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #8589

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
how's the south african variant fare up against vaccines?

Certain vaccines are not as effective against the South African variant.

For example, Novavax released it vaccine clinical test trial results:

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...frican-variant

Novavax is one of the companies developing a COVID-19 vaccine under the government’s Operation Warp Speed. It’s vaccine is still in clinical trials and has not received emergency use authorization from the FDA.

In a Thursday news release, the company said its vaccine is 95.6% effective against the original coronavirus that swept the globe and 89.3% effective against the variant detected late last year in the United Kingdom.

But the Novavax vaccine was less effective against the South African vaccine. It only showed 60% effectiveness in study participants without HIV and 49.4% when HIV-positive participants were included in the study.

Still, that’s good news, vaccine scientists said.

“The 60% reduced risk against COVID-19 illness in vaccinated individuals in South Africans underscores the value of this vaccine to prevent illness from the highly worrisome variant currently circulating in South Africa, and which is spreading globally,” Shabir Maddi, principal investigator in the Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trial in South Africa, said.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:26 AM   #8590
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
by the time novavax plant is done building there's probably another new strain
htf did the government not foresee shortages esp with how hard usa has been hit..and they already forgot about the toilet paper and masks last year?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:33 AM   #8591

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
by the time novavax plant is done building there's probably another new strain
htf did the government not foresee shortages esp with how hard usa has been hit..and they already forgot about the toilet paper and masks last year?

We have a prime minister who I think is not exactly a smart cookie. Well, he is smart compared to former POTUS Orange Julius.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:48 AM   #8592

Quote:
We have a prime minister who I think is not exactly a smart cookie. Well, he is smart compared to former POTUS Orange Julius.
LOL

Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 02-02-2021, 07:56 AM   #8593

Is he? Because orange man left his country In a position with 8%+ of the country is vaccinated with a million plus vaccines getting administered every day

Where as Turd basically has nothing to say anymore regarding his pathetic roll-out.

As much as people have their little hatred for trump, Biden has been in office for what, a week? Trump obviously had plans in motion for their vaccine it wasn’t like Biden came in and all of a sudden 29 million people got vaccinated. I get that Pfizer has their production facility in the states etc. But that’s the benefit of being a country like the states sometimes..
Old 02-02-2021, 08:07 AM   #8594

Quote:
Is he? Because orange man left his country In a position with 8%+ of the country is vaccinated with a million plus vaccines getting administered every day

Where as Turd basically has nothing to say anymore regarding his pathetic roll-out.

As much as people have their little hatred for trump, Biden has been in office for what, a week? Trump obviously had plans in motion for their vaccine it wasn’t like Biden came in and all of a sudden 29 million people got vaccinated. I get that Pfizer has their production facility in the states etc. But that’s the benefit of being a country like the states sometimes..

I disagree. Cheeto had NO vaccine distribution plans in place during his time in office. That evil scumbag only cared about winning a second term as POTUS.

The Biden administration confirms that Trump did not give them a vaccine distribution plan because there was NO PLAN.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...says-1.5279984

WASHINGTON -- There was no distribution plan for the coronavirus vaccine set up by the Trump administration as the virus raged in its last months in office, new President Joe Biden's chief of staff, Ron Klain, said on Sunday.

"The process to distribute the vaccine, particularly outside of nursing homes and hospitals out into the community as a whole, did not really exist when we came into the White House," Klain said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Cheeto, the stable genius former president.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-02-2021 at 08:35 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #8595
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Well that escalated quickly.

New British strain mutation. Some cases with British varient now have the South African spike protein mutation.

So faster spreading and more vaccine resistant.o

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...iant-1.5292225

Experts say coronavirus mutation has spontaneously occured in U.K. variant

LONDON -- The coronavirus mutation "of most concern" that could impact vaccine efficacy has occurred spontaneously in the U.K. variant, a professor of outbreak medicine who is part of a panel that advises the British government said on Tuesday.

The E484K mutation, which occurs on the spike protein of the virus, is the same change as has been seen in the South African and Brazilian variants that have caused international concern.

Several laboratory studies have found that vaccines and antibody therapy are less effective against the South African variant.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:12 AM   #8596

Quote:
I disagree. Cheeto had NO vaccine distribution plans in place during his time in office. That evil scumbag only cared about winning a second term as POTUS.

The Biden administration confirms that Trump did not give them a vaccine distribution plan because there was NO PLAN.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...says-1.5279984

WASHINGTON -- There was no distribution plan for the coronavirus vaccine set up by the Trump administration as the virus raged in its last months in office, new President Joe Biden's chief of staff, Ron Klain, said on Sunday.

"The process to distribute the vaccine, particularly outside of nursing homes and hospitals out into the community as a whole, did not really exist when we came into the White House," Klain said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Cheeto, the stable genius former president.
You don’t enable a plan and get 29 million people vaccinated in 2 weeks from nothing.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #8597
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
You don’t enable a plan and get 29 million people vaccinated in 2 weeks from nothing.
A broken clock is right twice a day.

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #8598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Well that escalated quickly.

New British strain mutation. Some cases with British varient now have the South African spike protein mutation.

So faster spreading and more vaccine resistant.o

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...iant-1.5292225

Experts say coronavirus mutation has spontaneously occured in U.K. variant

LONDON -- The coronavirus mutation "of most concern" that could impact vaccine efficacy has occurred spontaneously in the U.K. variant, a professor of outbreak medicine who is part of a panel that advises the British government said on Tuesday.

The E484K mutation, which occurs on the spike protein of the virus, is the same change as has been seen in the South African and Brazilian variants that have caused international concern.

Several laboratory studies have found that vaccines and antibody therapy are less effective against the South African variant.

That is terrible news.

Work from home for me until the end of 2021?
Old 02-02-2021, 02:02 PM   #8599
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ottawa has no plans to force land travellers to quarantine in hotels — at least not yet

[edit] I guess COVID and their variants only travel by air

Last edited by Ch28; 02-02-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #8600
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,711 Times in 1,053 Posts
Quote:

Work from home for me until the end of 2021?
keep enjoying the lotto win I guess

not sure what anybody working from home, pulling their normal salary has to complain about.

i'd trade for that kind of financial security in a heartbeat
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote