REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-17-2021, 01:34 PM   #8726
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,841 Times in 3,881 Posts
He makes a fun comment, I roast religion. But he gets the backlash lol
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #8727
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,500 Times in 3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
This part boggles my mind, in April last year when they started going heavy into trying to find a vaccine Canada and by Canada I mean our Government knows we don't have the facilities to make them ourselves.

Why wouldn't you start building a lab/production facility capable of this at that point? It could have been fast tracked and would have been done, sure it would have costed a lot but who gives a fuck you're already spending hand over fist.

This is where I feel the Government fucked up the most.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7643740/c...-therapeutics/

Quote:
A Canadian company says it is on track to produce 50 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine this year, which if approved, could give the country’s vaccine supply a much-needed boost to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Calgary-based vaccine maker, Providence Therapeutics, is still in the early stages of clinical trials for its mRNA vaccine candidate, and Manitoba is the only province that has announced a deal with them.

on the other side what would we do with all this manufacturing capability's after covid? Remember when everyone was talking about making PPE in Canada because of the shortage? Now manufactures is China have ramped up production and no one is taking about it.

Able just auctioned off 2 PPE production lines last month. Looks like someone started a production line then figured out they could not produce 50 masks and sell them for 10 bux.

https://www.ableauctions.ca/auction?...9-b033c230bf6d
Old 02-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #8728
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Able just auctioned off 2 PPE production lines last month. Looks like someone started a production line then figured out they could not produce 50 masks and sell them for 10 bux.

Saw this in the news. I think they said they couldn't get the N95 designation and couldn't compete with how cheap the non medical masks are coming out of china.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #8729
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
You getting kickbacks from Bonnie bro?
Nah just trying to get the “I DonT kNOw WhAtS inTHE VaccINe” bros like you not to be scared of it so I can go back to having a beer at the bar with my friends.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2021, 02:32 PM   #8730

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I'm only repeating the issue her colleagues have also felt. Did your wife get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine? Reactions are much different between the two.

5 of her colleagues got their second shot yesterday, 4 of them called in sick to VGH today.

Could it be purely anecdotal? Of course, just reporting what I observed here, I'm not dissuading anyone from getting the vaccine, I will definitely be getting one myself when I'm finally eligible in 2023
I think it was the moderna but honestly don’t know. Everyone on her unit has had their first dose now. I certainly believe you and understand that everyone last reactions will be different. I’m just saying, don’t expect anything in particular. You honestly don’t know how your body will react until you get it. I’m a bit worried, as I have some severe food allergies, but I’ll also get it somewhere there’s an epi pen handy, so I don’t think there’s any chance I’ll be worse off than before. I’m more worried about the virus, and honestly way more worried about just doing what I can to get back to fucking normal ish.

Edit: just asked her and it was Pfizer. She says it’s a lot more likely those in large hospitals will get Pfizer based on storage and handling of it being so much more sensitive.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 02-17-2021 at 04:39 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2021, 02:47 PM   #8731

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,325 Posts
Quote:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7643740/c...-therapeutics/

on the other side what would we do with all this manufacturing capability's after covid? Remember when everyone was talking about making PPE in Canada because of the shortage? Now manufactures is China have ramped up production and no one is taking about it.

The government spent so much money already on questionable shit and when you factor in the negative effects to the economy dragging the vaccine process out an extra 6 months relying on other Countries (I'm just guessing at the length but probably not that far off) I'm sure would cover any costs for construction of the production facility even if you burnt the facility to ground when you're done with it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #8732
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
'Games night' with 50 people led to 15 COVID-19 infections, community spread, B.C.'s top doctor says

lol ffs
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2021, 03:09 PM   #8733
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,411 Times in 861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Nah just trying to get the “I DonT kNOw WhAtS inTHE VaccINe” bros like you not to be scared of it so I can go back to having a beer at the bar with my friends.
This.

I'd like to finally be able to come home and see my family.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:46 PM   #8734
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,500 Times in 3,522 Posts
Quote:
The government spent so much money already on questionable shit and when you factor in the negative effects to the economy dragging the vaccine process out an extra 6 months relying on other Countries (I'm just guessing at the length but probably not that far off) I'm sure would cover any costs for construction of the production facility even if you burnt the facility to ground when you're done with it.
The equipment required to make vaccines is not off the shelf you can't just go to Lordco and pick it up. It's probably built to order and takes months to get under normal conditions. Even if we did build a factory then what? are we just going to give away free to a company like Pfizer? This is something the government should have dealt with years ago but people don't want governments to spend money.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:08 PM   #8735

Quote:
The equipment required to make vaccines is not off the shelf you can't just go to Lordco and pick it up. It's probably built to order and takes months to get under normal conditions. Even if we did build a factory then what? are we just going to give away free to a company like Pfizer? This is something the government should have dealt with years ago but people don't want governments to spend money.
Takes time for sure we had 9 months from when they started looking for vaccine until they found one. I don't know what deal they'd strike but maybe a discount per dose produced within Canada.

Other countries have labs it's not out of the realm of possibilities to build our own. This isn't a normal situation they have to think outside the box and be proactive not reactive.

Edit: I should add I'm still talking about what they should have done last year, the horse is out of the barn now it's a little late now.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 02-18-2021 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:43 PM   #8736
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,842 Times in 3,911 Posts
i see the pattern of countries that can't produce domestically yet beating us-- they're getting a big boost ordering from China
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:26 AM   #8737
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,306 Posts
LOL at people thinking we can build anything in Canada within 11 months....let alone a massive factory.

No first you need a community review to see if it fits within the community zoning rules
- Then consult with every Tom, Dick, and Karen to see if they want it within sight of their house
- then do an environmental review
-- Then need to consult with First Nations
- then another environmental review just for shits and giggles
- then the First Nations hereditary chiefs get pissed off they weren't consulted and drag you through the courts.

- THEN maybe if you get your ducks line up, 3 years later you can get shovels in the ground.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2021, 06:30 AM   #8738

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
LOL at people thinking we can build anything in Canada within 11 months....let alone a massive factory.

No first you need a community review to see if it fits within the community zoning rules
- Then consult with every Tom, Dick, and Karen to see if they want it within sight of their house
- then do an environmental review
-- Then need to consult with First Nations
- then another environmental review just for shits and giggles
- then the First Nations hereditary chiefs get pissed off they weren't consulted and drag you through the courts.

- THEN maybe if you get your ducks line up, 3 years later you can get shovels in the ground.
You don't think the Federal Government can fast track in a pandemic if they want to? We could easily build a facility to make vaccines in 11 months if the funding was there and the Govt. was behind it to allow for a fast track build. The reason everything takes so long is because of permits and approvals, you don't think they could influence that to happen quickly in a situation like this? We can build a new hospital with 100's of rooms from the ground up in 14 months without expediting the build, you don't think we can design and build a laboratory/production facility in 11 months expidited?

How long does a new drug normally take, test, human trials ect. to get approved after it's already made? years right? How long did the covid vaccines take to create and get approved? Less than a year right? Wait, but that can't be done yet here we have it, how so?

Like i said that ship has sailed but if they had any fore thought it's something they would have done last year.

Last edited by quasi; 02-18-2021 at 06:39 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2021, 06:52 AM   #8739
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,849 Times in 969 Posts
^^^ lol a year + in the pandemic and they can't even ban in person gatherings, rIgHts aND FrEeDOM CuZ, what makes you think they can build a vaccine factory.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/no-cour...rder-1.5312457
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2021, 07:41 AM   #8740
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
Of course they can’t.

Remember when I suggested they build temporary hospitals and everyone was down my throat? Lol..can’t built temporary hospitals to house dieing 80 year olds but you can build a lab to test and create vaccines?

They labs they are building currently will be for future vaccine production they won’t even be close to contributing to this current pandemic.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:49 AM   #8741
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,883 Times in 2,539 Posts
tons of temporary housing/pods/shelters
if there's a will there's a way, including around red tape

it didn't happen b/c powers that be didn't will it...

i don't recall your posting honda, but i think that would have been a good idea
i've seen tons of makeshift/portable/modular medical solutions that make total sense, especially early days, from around the world.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:01 AM   #8742
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,188 Times in 2,004 Posts
Why the hell would they need to build this from ground up? There are tons of industrial, business manufacturing type of parks going up with lots of space. What is so unique about making that serum that you need to build the plant from bottom up? It's the equipment inside that is important. You mean to tell me you can't find any existing empty warehouse or industrial zoned space in Canada?

Plus, how big of this do you really need? Do you don't need a giant ass Amazon type warehouse in Twassassen? You're not making a car, you're making some vaccines going into little itty bitty bottles. Why not make 4 plants around the country, ramp them up to run 24/7, so the logisitics of delivering it is much easier instead of one plant and then having to ship it all across the country?

Damn bureaucracy and stupid people in government.

Last edited by whitev70r; 02-18-2021 at 09:32 AM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #8743

In b4 “Hondaracer isn’t a scientist!!”

But my wife’s old company which made a fairly complicated medical device which is inserted into your body had a very nice office/manufacturering facility in the lower mainland. This also included a “clean room” which the assembly is done in. Now this is a smaller private company but this clean room which isn’t that big took months and months to build then you need to test and certify if I believe before you can actually start using it

Would think it’s the same for a vaccine production facility but on a much larger scale
Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #8744
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,842 Times in 3,911 Posts
it didn't happen because our leaders fumble on everything

it's one thing to be skeptical of vaccines being developed in 9 months at the beginning stages but by the summer if they were paying attention they could've seen the clinical trials were happening rapidly..ok even if the production isnt running yet at least there's progress if we started in august

they don't disclose on how much we bid for the vaccines, maybe we got outbid

i mean this is the same govt that botched the stockpiles of expired n95 and didn't really commit to banning international travel until this month only when the threat of multiple more virulent strains are in the picture...i'm not even surprised anymore just getting depressed even morocco, chile and US of A that we ridicule all the time are on track to getting back to normal sooner lol

and holy hell people like trudeau or henry should acknowledge the growing complaints instead of dismissing it as noise from their ivory towers..try telling that directly to the families of those dying from what's now possibly a preventable disease

Last edited by twitchyzero; 02-18-2021 at 08:22 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2021, 10:15 AM   #8745

Quote:

But my wife’s old company which made a fairly complicated medical device which is inserted into your body had a very nice office/manufacturering facility in the lower mainland. This also included a “clean room” which the assembly is done in. Now this is a smaller private company but this clean room which isn’t that big took months and months to build then you need to test and certify if I believe before you can actually start using it

Would think it’s the same for a vaccine production facility but on a much larger scale
It's really not that complicated, we've built laboratories before and we've built hospital operating rooms both are considered clean rooms. Keep in mind you could have run construction double shift or even triple shift (24/7) on a project like this, sure it would have cost way more but it can be done.

Like mentioned above, repurpose a building or build a tilt which goes up super quick. The longest lead time items would have been the lab equipment but you throw money at shit and anything is possible.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #8746

Hard to believe if turd hadn’t of committed 2-4 billion in his retarded gun buy back program we’d be having needles in arms right now.

Obviously the countries ahead of us which don’t produce their own simply outbid Canada.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:32 AM   #8747
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,739 Posts
Quote:
Hard to believe if turd hadn’t of committed 2-4 billion in his retarded gun buy back program we’d be having needles in arms right now.

Obviously the countries ahead of us which don’t produce their own simply outbid Canada.

Yeah, Turd is doing an awful job with Covid purchases and distribution.

Having said that, I believe that we should not let "Erin the Tool" off the hook either. The Conservatives, the official Opposition party in Canada, under Erin the Tool put some of their attention on this issue recently:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/o-to...hurs-1.5310842

Really??? Erin the Tool politicizing a sporting event in the winter Olympics in China right in the middle of a pandemic? He is calling the government to ask the IOC to relocate the next winter Olympics from China to another country because of alleged crimes against a minority group in China.

Talk about knowing the priorities in Canada now. Erin the Tool thinks that Canadians really care about where the next winter Olympics will be held in 2024 compared to the pandemic??

Honestly, I don't think Canada would be in a better situation in terms of Covid vaccinations with Erin the Tool as our Prime Minister in power.

I think that both men are idiots.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-18-2021 at 10:39 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2021, 10:46 AM   #8748
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Quote:
It's really not that complicated, we've built laboratories before and we've built hospital operating rooms both are considered clean rooms. Keep in mind you could have run construction double shift or even triple shift (24/7) on a project like this, sure it would have cost way more but it can be done.

Like mentioned above, repurpose a building or build a tilt which goes up super quick. The longest lead time items would have been the lab equipment but you throw money at shit and anything is possible.
Like casinos...........

Quote:

............... made a fairly complicated medical device which is inserted into your body had a very nice................
Don't want to know, lol. My imagination running wild, atm.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:49 AM   #8749

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Yeah, Turd is doing an awful job with Covid purchases and distribution.

Having said that, I believe that we should not let "Erin the Tool" off the hook either. The Conservatives, the official Opposition party in Canada, under Erin the Tool put some of their attention on this issue recently:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/o-to...hurs-1.5310842

Really??? Erin the Tool politicizing a sporting event in the winter Olympics in China right in the middle of a pandemic? He is calling the government to ask the IOC to relocate the next winter Olympics from China to another country because of alleged crimes against a minority group in China.

Talk about knowing the priorities in Canada now. Erin the Tool thinks that Canadians really care about where the next winter Olympics will be held in 2024 compared to the pandemic??

Honestly, I don't think Canada would be in a better situation in terms of Covid vaccinations with Erin the Tool as our Prime Minister in power.

I think that both men are idiots.
Can’t disagree. Politics is in rough shape in Canada right now.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:05 AM   #8750
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Quote:
Can’t disagree. Politics is in rough shape in Canada right now.
As is everywhere on this planet, sadly. Just look south of the 49th.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote