REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:40 PM   #11076
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,849 Times in 969 Posts
^ I'm pretty sure there will be a booster shot, new vaccine as it continues to mutate. Doctors already said there's gonna be a wave 4 just how bad it gets this fall.
Advertisement
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #11077
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,635 Times in 561 Posts
Booster shots won't be needed if we can stamp it out this year or early next year. But we all know that's not going to happen because there are some people holding us back.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 05:03 PM   #11078
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,841 Times in 3,881 Posts
I just want to say I appreciate @lighthouse being open and honest with his opinion. Being able to see a situation from different angles is always appreciated and helps us all understand things better.

I still personally disagree though.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:04 PM   #11079
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
This argument is a funny one about “but you might cause me to die because I’m fully vaccinated And you’re not!!”

Come on, non-vaccinated people having a 99.97 survival rate of COVID19 and you’re worried about Somone who isn’t vaccinated effecting you when you’re fully vaccinated? This is getting a little silly.

I completely agree with Westopher that in small, private companies it “may” be in your right to ask for proof of vaccination. Companies under 100 people or so generally do not have an HR department therefore I think you could easily ask potential and current employees to disclose their vaccination status and not risk any repercussions.

Large companies, unionized companies, and the public sector, there is no way in hell you’re going to have to prove anything.

That statement on the previous page of “if you can’t prove your vaccinated you’ll have to wear a mask” lol, yea fucking right.. that’s like the antithesis of that Jew star anti-vaccer thing I posted. You think a company is going to essentially publicly shame an employee who they can’t say has been vaccinated by forcing them to wear a mask all day long? Good luck
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2021, 05:05 PM   #11080
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Booster shots won't be needed if we can stamp it out this year or early next year. But we all know that's not going to happen because there are some people holding us back.
It isn't just anti-vaxxers holding us back. Another unfortunate and inconvenient truth is -- so far, only the wealthy countries have reliable access to the effective vaccines. The poorer countries have very poor access to those effective vaccines, and that reality just means the pandemic will continue to ravage them for some time. As the pandemic continues, new variants will emerge, and there will come a point when a new variant is fairly good at defeating the existing vaccines.

Add world travel and global economy to the mix, and you can guarantee the new variants will spread around. Countries with strong immigration programs -- Canada and the US immediately comes to mind -- cannot stop people from flying back to their countries of origin for whatever reason, nor can they stop them from returning, so the virus will continue to spread.

This COVID genie is out of the bottle already. I can picture how it might mutate to become less virulent over time, much like how many different diseases have done, but it ain't gonna go away ever. It has already made too large an established base.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #11081
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I just want to say I appreciate @lighthouse being open and honest with his opinion. Being able to see a situation from different angles is always appreciated and helps us all understand things better.

I still personally disagree though.
Thanks for the shoutout, it's lightkeeper though.

We're living in the information age after all. We're all bombarded with information every day. Information is moving so fast that people do not have time to process them. I think this is why there are numerous opinions in this topic. These beliefs are based on these information. Scientific study shows this, this report shows that.

Personally, I believe this pandemic is at a tipping point in this information age. Things will be very interesting in the next few years.

What we cannot lose at this time though is respect from a man to a man. Whatever I said in this topic was just my opinion. I wish all the guys at revscene good health and all the best to your decisions on this topic.

Last edited by LightKeeper; 06-15-2021 at 05:34 PM.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:05 PM   #11082
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
The end is the beginning.

Nature's a bitch. Unless, it was man made.

I don't think this pandemic is going to end. Only going to get worse. Life will never be the same.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 06-15-2021 at 06:12 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 06:52 PM   #11083
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,500 Times in 3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
The end is the beginning.

Nature's a bitch. Unless, it was man made.

I don't think this pandemic is going to end. Only going to get worse. Life will never be the same.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:09 PM   #11084
MG1

I hope I'm wrong. I really do, but have to be prepared for the worst. Nobody a year and a bit ago thought it would get to where we are now.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:07 PM   #11085
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,842 Times in 3,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
USA and alberta have entered the chat
USA went back to normal life months ago
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #11086

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
USA went back to normal life months ago
Yes but only because they decided to just not care anymore. Plus their yardstick of ‘a normal life’ is pretty fucked (there has been over 250 mass shootings in the us so far in 2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #11087
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,469 Posts
I’m glad Trudeau didn’t agree to open the border despite having a personal interest in it being open, latest information out of the USA and their no holds barred march toward freedom is that the most dangerous variants have completely taken over… so the people getting sick there now are getting really fuckin sick…
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:12 AM   #11088
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,306 Posts
The fuck is going on in the Yukon? 71% fully vaccinated age 12+ yet it's now the 3rd highest infection rate in North America

All it takes is one mother fucker and a bunch of his unvaccinated friends, it turns out:
https://www.yukon-news.com/news/it-i...ovid-19-cases/

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #11089
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
With such a low sample size the results can look a lot crazier than they are.
Sensationalist headlines. What’s the news gonna ruin people’s days with once covid is no longer the hot topic?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:30 AM   #11090
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
They should probably start reporting the bad drug crisis that has killed hundreds of more people than Covid.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #11091
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,254 Posts
It's going to be years of "Is this disease the next Covid 19? Here's 10 reasons why it's worse!" and "Get ready to cancel that trip you planned."

People will eat it up too.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #11092

I'd say the crucial takeaway out of this news continues to be -- it is extremely important to get ourselves fully vaccinated. It is the delta / Indian variant picking up steam down there in the US, so I wouldn't say it is new. Just 2 days ago, an English study has shown that both the Pfizer and the AstraZeneca vaccines are highly effective at preventing hospitalization (ie. severe COVID) due to the delta / Indian variant:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/06...nt-in-britain/

The 2 dose "scores" against hospitalization are:

- Pfizer 96%
- AstraZeneca - 92%

Even the 1 dose "score" is really quite good, esp for Pfizer:

- Pfizer 94%
- AstraZeneca - 71%

It is quite disappointing to see the US vaccination rate increasing more slowly now -- Google says it is only sitting at 44% now, and there is a definite slow down in vaccinations since mid April. At least Washington's vaccination rate is higher than the US national average (at almost 60% right now), but I'd obviously want to see it going much higher before I'd feel comfortable travelling down to WA again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I’m glad Trudeau didn’t agree to open the border despite having a personal interest in it being open, latest information out of the USA and their no holds barred march toward freedom is that the most dangerous variants have completely taken over… so the people getting sick there now are getting really fuckin sick…
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:42 AM   #11093
MG1

A good friend of mine, who lives in Edmonton, called me a few days ago to tell me he tested positive and is feeling most of the symptoms. Of all the people who shouldn't get it.......... he was pretty anal when it came to protecting himself against Covid. Contact tracers are puzzled. And, he was two days away from getting his second dose of Pfizer.

I told him if he hadn't received his first shot, he might be dead by now. He's in rough shape. Not as bad as another person I know, closer to home, who is in an induced coma in the hospital. Been in hospital for two months.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:59 AM   #11094
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
They should probably start reporting the bad drug crisis that has killed hundreds of more people than Covid.
That won’t get the general public wound up though as most people either aren’t afraid of it or they just don’t care about the people dying from it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #11095
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Does anyone know if they're using Pfizer at Sunset, in Van? Thanks

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:49 AM   #11096
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I'd say the crucial takeaway out of this news continues to be -- it is extremely important to get ourselves fully vaccinated. It is the delta / Indian variant picking up steam down there in the US, so I wouldn't say it is new. Just 2 days ago, an English study has shown that both the Pfizer and the AstraZeneca vaccines are highly effective at preventing hospitalization (ie. severe COVID) due to the delta / Indian variant:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/06...nt-in-britain/

The 2 dose "scores" against hospitalization are:

- Pfizer 96%
- AstraZeneca - 92%

Even the 1 dose "score" is really quite good, esp for Pfizer:

- Pfizer 94%
- AstraZeneca - 71%

It is quite disappointing to see the US vaccination rate increasing more slowly now -- Google says it is only sitting at 44% now, and there is a definite slow down in vaccinations since mid April. At least Washington's vaccination rate is higher than the US national average (at almost 60% right now), but I'd obviously want to see it going much higher before I'd feel comfortable travelling down to WA again.
Now I'm wondering if we really need a 2nd dose? Seems like the first does it all, for the mrna ones anyway
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #11097
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Yes but only because they decided to just not care anymore. Plus their yardstick of ‘a normal life’ is pretty fucked (there has been over 250 mass shootings in the us so far in 2021)
Yea but think of all the value they've created for investors

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 11:58 AM   #11098

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Yea but think of all the value they've created for investors

Quote:
“Twenty million Americans lost their job in the pandemic,” Joe Biden remarked in his Wednesday night address to Congress. “At the same time, roughly 650 billionaires in America saw their net worth increase by more than $1 trillion . . . and they’re now worth more than $4 trillion.”
Quote:
That’s true, according to Forbes’ data—but the numbers are actually a bit richer. Total American billionaire wealth stands at $4.6 trillion as of the stock market close on April 28, by our count. That’s up 35% from $3.4 trillion when markets opened on January 1, 2020, just as Covid-19 was beginning to take the world by storm.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:00 PM   #11099
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Now I'm wondering if we really need a 2nd dose? Seems like the first does it all, for the mrna ones anyway
1st dose gives you decent amount of immunity, 2nd dose makes it last longer.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 12:04 PM   #11100

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
For myself, I'd still totally go for the 2nd dose.

Also, keep in mind that those numbers are for protection against hospitalizations from the delta / India variant. They are not efficacy rating against infection (for the variant), and I would expect the efficacy rating against infection is going to be lower than the protection against hospitalization.

Additionally, while the policy announcements haven't been announced yet, I think we can pretty much guarantee that there will be far fewer restrictions for people who are "fully vaccinated" compared to those who have only received 1 shot (unless it is J&J, but that has not been used in Canada yet). So that'd be another incentive to just get both shots done.
This post thanked by: