REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-09-2021, 07:16 AM   #11851
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
been reading articles saying we'll need a 3rd boost of moderna after 6m or so?

wonder what's the plan for upcoming flu season.
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:27 AM   #11852
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Hmmm.

POINT ROBERTS, WA (NEWS 1130) — After months of being told it’s not safe for them to visit British Columbia, people in Point Roberts, Washington are wondering why they will be allowed to cross the border without being fully immunized against COVID-19.

That loophole contained in a travel advisory issued by the Canada Border Services Agency on August 5th has been flagged by longtime Point Roberts resident Brian Calder.

“It says US citizens/permanent residents who are not fully vaccinated and who are habitual residents of Hyder (Alaska), Northwest Angle (Minnesota) or Point Roberts (Washington) will be eligible to enter Canada to carry out everyday functions. It doesn’t have to be essential travel. The whole thing needs to be clarified.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #11853
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Hmmm.

POINT ROBERTS, WA (NEWS 1130) — After months of being told it’s not safe for them to visit British Columbia, people in Point Roberts, Washington are wondering why they will be allowed to cross the border without being fully immunized against COVID-19.

That loophole contained in a travel advisory issued by the Canada Border Services Agency on August 5th has been flagged by longtime Point Roberts resident Brian Calder.

“It says US citizens/permanent residents who are not fully vaccinated and who are habitual residents of Hyder (Alaska), Northwest Angle (Minnesota) or Point Roberts (Washington) will be eligible to enter Canada to carry out everyday functions. It doesn’t have to be essential travel. The whole thing needs to be clarified.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah that's stupid. Fortunately Point Roberts has a 87% vaccination rate, but still....

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:10 AM   #11854
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Point roberts should have been allowed in to Canada from day 1. Theyre land locked to us and I think it was extremely unfortunate they were blocked off from us.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #11855
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Point roberts should have been allowed in to Canada from day 1. Theyre land locked to us and I think it was extremely unfortunate they were blocked off from us.
They can always join Canada.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #11856

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^ we won't have cheap gas and shipping if they joined us
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #11857
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
yeah that's stupid. Fortunately Point Roberts has a 87% vaccination rate, but still....
IMO, the problem wasn't with PR residents. Rather, it was about creating a loophole where other Americans would enter into Canada by first travelling to PR.

But yeah, the whole PR situation has been beyond ridiculous this whole time...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:49 AM   #11858
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

I wonder if that's the vaccine companies pushing that? They'd say we need to get vaccinated every 3 months for eternity if they could get away with it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #11859
I STILL don't get it

Would like more details of the 3rd shot of Moderna. I have the Pfizer/Moderna cocktail, so... another shot of Moderna would be my second
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #11860
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

Old 08-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #11861
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjGoku69 View Post
Would like more details of the 3rd shot of Moderna. I have the Pfizer/Moderna cocktail, so... another shot of Moderna would be my second
I have the AZ, Moderna mix. I want my third shot to be Pfizer, gotta collect them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #11862
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
IMO, the problem wasn't with PR residents. Rather, it was about creating a loophole where other Americans would enter into Canada by first travelling to PR.
yes because there's hundreds of flights buses trains that pass through there

don't forget it's mostly seniors living there

we were willing to let some of their residents almost go blind or lose multiple teeth and threaten their only way of securing groceries and medicine

the amount of neglect from cbsa and the feds is appalling

only if your life was on the line was it considered 'essential'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
They can always join Canada.
i'm sure it's that simple

Last edited by twitchyzero; 08-09-2021 at 01:13 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #11863

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/28/...ths-data-show/

This study on the Pfizer / BNT vaccine is basically saying that:

- the vaccine’s efficacy in preventing any Covid-19 infection that causes even minor symptoms appeared to decline by an average of 6% every two months after administration.

- It peaked at more than 96% within two months of vaccination and slipped to 84% after six months.

- Against severe disease, the overall efficacy of the vaccine was 97%.

- If the vaccine’s efficacy continues to decline at the rate observed in the paper, it would fall below the 50% threshold — a benchmark for vaccine utility — within 18 months of vaccination.

The results still need to be peer-reviewed, but based on the initial findings, it seems like requiring a 3rd booster shot could be quite reasonable.

IMO, the problem with administering a 3rd booster shot would one again be the massive inequity between the have's and have not's countries. I am not at all an all-loving bleeding heard leftard like Turdeau is -- in fact, I tend to consider myself at least kind of selfish. The bigger problem I see right now with 1st world countries continuing to gobble up the available vaccines for their own 3rd doses while the RoW struggle with vaccine supplies is -- until the whole world has been vaccinated to a sufficiently high level, the pandemic is still going to rage on -- at least at the poorly vaccinated countries. Worse is how new variants will likely continue to show up at these countries, and then they'll just come back to bite us (ie. the 1st world / vaccinated places) because the new variants are better at evading the existing vaccines.

So to me, the world has kind of reach at stage similar to what Canada saw when our first vaccines showed up. At the time, Canada was faced with the decision of whether to fully vaccinate a smaller portion of the population as quickly as possible? or we do focus on getting that 1st jab into as many people as we can? At the world stage now, the question becomes -- are we going to give that 3rd booster shot to the 1st world countries while starving the RoW from vaccine access? or are we going to try and help them to rein the pandemic in?

I am still a selfish prick, so I'd still want to get that 3rd booster shot when it is viable to do so. But I also think there is a need to get those hard hit countries a sufficient amount of vaccine so that the pandemic wouldn't spiral out of control and come back to bite us.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #11864

They are in a different country. The logistics of point roberts isn’t Canada’s responsibility.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:16 PM   #11865

To your post Traum, vaccine politics are also a huge consideration in third world places. And even places like Thailand etc. They are opting to purchase garbage sinovac etc. Our family friend who lives half the year there paid out of pocket to get his kid and Thai wife pfizer

Russia and China gonna roll through the 3rd world offering vaccines in exchange for infrastructure projects
Old 08-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #11866

I totally agree that the way PR was treated by WA and Canada was appalling. From the WA state gov, they should have offered more support to the PR residents instead of just letting their whole community and economy rot. From the Canadian gov, we should have come up with something that would allow PR residents come into BC, as long as safety precautions have been met -- like vaccination requirements / negative tests in addition to proof of PR residency or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

we were willing to let some of their residents almost go blind or lose multiple teeth and threaten their only way of securing groceries and medicine

This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 02:33 PM   #11867
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Same thing could/should be said about Alaska. Not like people are driving across the border to go to Alaska and stopping off at Jasper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:46 PM   #11868
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:

i'm sure it's that simple

75 per cent of PR real estate is owned by Canadians. One guys is trying to get PR to join Canada. i bet trump would have sold it.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6490982/t...erts-purchase/
Old 08-09-2021, 03:32 PM   #11869
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
Wouldn’t that kind of kill their economy that’s all based on us going down there for stuff we can’t get up here?

It would just turn to a rich people’s waterfront property destination. I have a feeling this guy owns a lot of property there if he’s pushing for this lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:00 PM   #11870
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/28/...ths-data-show/

This study on the Pfizer / BNT vaccine is basically saying that:

- the vaccine’s efficacy in preventing any Covid-19 infection that causes even minor symptoms appeared to decline by an average of 6% every two months after administration.

- It peaked at more than 96% within two months of vaccination and slipped to 84% after six months.

- Against severe disease, the overall efficacy of the vaccine was 97%.

- If the vaccine’s efficacy continues to decline at the rate observed in the paper, it would fall below the 50% threshold — a benchmark for vaccine utility — within 18 months of vaccination.

The results still need to be peer-reviewed, but based on the initial findings, it seems like requiring a 3rd booster shot could be quite reasonable.

IMO, the problem with administering a 3rd booster shot would one again be the massive inequity between the have's and have not's countries. I am not at all an all-loving bleeding heard leftard like Turdeau is -- in fact, I tend to consider myself at least kind of selfish. The bigger problem I see right now with 1st world countries continuing to gobble up the available vaccines for their own 3rd doses while the RoW struggle with vaccine supplies is -- until the whole world has been vaccinated to a sufficiently high level, the pandemic is still going to rage on -- at least at the poorly vaccinated countries. Worse is how new variants will likely continue to show up at these countries, and then they'll just come back to bite us (ie. the 1st world / vaccinated places) because the new variants are better at evading the existing vaccines.

So to me, the world has kind of reach at stage similar to what Canada saw when our first vaccines showed up. At the time, Canada was faced with the decision of whether to fully vaccinate a smaller portion of the population as quickly as possible? or we do focus on getting that 1st jab into as many people as we can? At the world stage now, the question becomes -- are we going to give that 3rd booster shot to the 1st world countries while starving the RoW from vaccine access? or are we going to try and help them to rein the pandemic in?

I am still a selfish prick, so I'd still want to get that 3rd booster shot when it is viable to do so. But I also think there is a need to get those hard hit countries a sufficient amount of vaccine so that the pandemic wouldn't spiral out of control and come back to bite us.
This seems to be in line with how all vaccines work. It was never going to be a 'cure' it's just a way to get the disease under control. If everyone gets it, then it would essentially be a 'cure'. We've done it before with other diseases!

Hope we can do it before the world burns to the ground. Would be nice to only have one apocalypse to worry about
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #11871

After a cluster a week or so ago, Macau is currently testing their entire population, it's compulsory

So far they've tested 700K people, no positives

4K haven't gone in for testing yet, 2K have been contacted. 55 refused to be tested

If they don't get tested, they will have to agree to quarantine for 2 weeks. If they don't agree, I assume they'll be arrested and quarantine in jail or a locked down hospital

I know some people get mad for covid updates coming from other countries, but I found this pretty interesting.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:54 PM   #11872
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
I was driving on highway99 today and at least half the cars had WA plates lol… incominggggggg
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 05:56 PM   #11873
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
After a cluster a week or so ago, Macau is currently testing their entire population, it's compulsory

So far they've tested 700K people, no positives

4K haven't gone in for testing yet, 2K have been contacted. 55 refused to be tested

If they don't get tested, they will have to agree to quarantine for 2 weeks. If they don't agree, I assume they'll be arrested and quarantine in jail or a locked down hospital

I know some people get mad for covid updates coming from other countries, but I found this pretty interesting.
I don’t know why anyone would get mad. It’s interesting, and provides perspective.
I’m not gonna lie. Things have sucked here, but they’ve sucked way more elsewhere, and way less elsewhere. It’s good to know what others are dealing with or it’s easy to get lost in your own bubble.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #11874

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I don’t know why anyone would get mad. It’s interesting, and provides perspective.
I’m not gonna lie. Things have sucked here, but they’ve sucked way more elsewhere, and way less elsewhere. It’s good to know what others are dealing with or it’s easy to get lost in your own bubble.
Yeah I've been failed and called out for it, so I slowed down with the updates... And it's usually the people who whine the most about "turd" handling covid so poorly. (fwiw I think covid has accelerated the boomer transition for some )

Like how do you know if Canada is handling it good or bad if you don't pay attention to what other countries are doing?

I wish we had people from all over the world updating on what countries are doing, because you might miss stuff that is in media since they really only cover the big picture. I've been paying close attention to Japan in particular because I have a brother there and I used to visit several times a year

BTW just 2 minutes ago, HK said they'd do full population testing if there was another cluster.

It's a good way to prevent a wave from happening, and I support it. It's a huge advantage of being a city state with closed borders, you can really cut it off. Singapore should do it too, they keep getting fucked.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #11875

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
I was just watching some vids on the China outbreak they are locking down hard. There's a new variant in the States too. Brace our butt cheeks. I think I should stock up soon.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote