REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:20 PM   #9351
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
r/vancouver absolutely delighted that a business owner and more importantly an employer could be permanently shut down.

are these guys wrong? absolutely. you're never going to beat the government. whether it's an arbitrary decision to close a restaurant, but leave the home depot open or not.

is it disgusting to celebrate the destruction of somebody's hard earned livelihood? absolutely

people are fucked. every single person cheering for the misfortune of their fellow citizen needs a punch in the nose.

@spoon.ek9 - i agree with you. showing the consequences of getting this disease might be a more effective method of getting some of the hold outs to buy in to the vaccine. Like motorcycle school - people get the picture pretty quick when you start showing them pictures of skin grafts.

Still, when you can't even deliver them to your population it's not much of a leg to stand on. Not much point in arguing w the holdouts when we can't even get a jab ourselves.
Advertisement
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #9352
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,239 Times in 1,225 Posts
Let's just put up big posters of people dying in an ICU every time you walk into a Walmart or BestBuy the same way you look at a person riddled with cancer if you buy a pack of smokes. I guess that might be too real for people though and they'll get upset. I think shutting down restaurants is the happy medium where it looks like the government gives a shit, but people don't start to complain much either.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:12 PM   #9353
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Antimask idiots cause ferry to turn around. If I was on the ferry I would be pissed.

https://www.cheknews.ca/bc-ferries-s...masker-758929/
Old 04-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #9354
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
just look at these people breaking the rules, no masks inside the dealer, no masks inside the car. Can they be fined please? There is literally vid evidence of the dealership owner disobeying the rules (or whoever that guy is working for the dealers)

is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #9355
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Antimask idiots cause ferry to turn around. If I was on the ferry I would be pissed.

https://www.cheknews.ca/bc-ferries-s...masker-758929/
i'm sure that ruined a lot of long weekends for some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post
just look at these people breaking the rules, no masks inside the dealer, no masks inside the car. Can they be fined please? There is literally vid evidence of the dealership owner disobeying the rules (or whoever that guy is working for the dealers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc6Lhq_3PI
their advertisement worked...i now realize manscape has a 2-in-1 product...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #9356
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc6Lhq_3PI
Don’t they live in kelowna now? Can’t wait to rename it the kelownavirus again this summer lol.

Like I’ve said before in other posts. I’m sure these guys are nice in person, but garbage trash role models
Old 04-03-2021, 03:23 PM   #9357
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
r/vancouver absolutely delighted that a business owner and more importantly an employer could be permanently shut down.

are these guys wrong? absolutely. you're never going to beat the government. whether it's an arbitrary decision to close a restaurant, but leave the home depot open or not.

is it disgusting to celebrate the destruction of somebody's hard earned livelihood? absolutely

people are fucked. every single person cheering for the misfortune of their fellow citizen needs a punch in the nose.

@spoon.ek9 - i agree with you. showing the consequences of getting this disease might be a more effective method of getting some of the hold outs to buy in to the vaccine. Like motorcycle school - people get the picture pretty quick when you start showing them pictures of skin grafts.

Still, when you can't even deliver them to your population it's not much of a leg to stand on. Not much point in arguing w the holdouts when we can't even get a jab ourselves.
The entire hospitality industry has been destroyed and many small business owners have been ruined because of this virus. I think most people are absolutely sympathetic to their cause.

People are happy that Federico Fuoco (Gusto) and Rebecca Matthews (Corduroy) got what's coming to them because they openly defied rules that other restaurant owners are obviously abiding by.

You don't see anyone going around being happy that westopher and Ebisu are getting destroyed because they're following the rules like everyone else should be doing. I'm not saying that the rules the government have in place are fair or even make sense, but we're all supposed to be following them and when people see others with a sense of entitlement that makes themselves feel they're above the law then that's when you have people wishing ill will towards them.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #9358
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Don’t they live in kelowna now? Can’t wait to rename it the kelownavirus again this summer lol.

Like I’ve said before in other posts. I’m sure these guys are nice in person, but garbage trash role models
2000+ cases in the last 2 days. 1000+ of them in Fraser health, 140 in interior health.

Fraser health has consistently been 20% of the population and 50% of the cases
Interior health and island health 18% of the population 5-6% of cases

Hurr durr surreyvirus
Old 04-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #9359

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
2000+ cases in the last 2 days. 1000+ of them in Fraser health, 140 in interior health.

Fraser health has consistently been 20% of the population and 50% of the cases
Interior health and island health 18% of the population 5-6% of cases

Hurr durr surreyvirus
Ok.

No one rushes off to Surrey or chilliwack for vacation, if you comprehend what I mean
Old 04-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #9360
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Rumour has it it's a P1 outbreak with the Canucks.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #9361
My homepage has been set to RS

https://twitter.com/dockevinmcleod/s...683593732?s=21
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:58 PM   #9362
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
ICU’s filling up, ehhh at least we’re ahead of Bangladesh

A year and a half later it’s no longer about “hey man, do the right thing!”

People don’t care anymore.

Not trying to be hardcore about it just telling it as I see it. I was dragged to Langley Costco yesterday and that was probably the first time where I’ve gone in somewhere and I was legit worried about my safety and tripping out about how busy it was. There were no even attempts at guidelines like 1 way lanes etc. At the willingdon location. It was so busy it was shoulder to shoulder claustrophobic.

Those are the numbers from last week. So since the pandemic has started 1250 people under the age of 50 have been hospitalized. Making up 0.0002 of BC’s population. I get it long term health effects etc but from what I’m seeing unless you’re directly effected by a case a lot of people are just not giving af. And I also see and hear many people who have had it that couldn’t care less about it or others

Last edited by Hondaracer; 04-03-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #9363
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
Doing that population chart in millions of vaccines given is kinda stupid and manipulative of the data................ ie: we're just ahead of Bangladesh, but Bangladesh has a population of 163 million, so at 6 million vaccinated they've vaccinated 3.68% of their population... whereas at 6 million vaccinated in Canada we've done 16% of ours.

In fact, changing to percentages? China drops from 2nd place to way the fuck down the list at 9%, etc. etc.

I'm not going to sit here and do all the calculations, but re-do this chart based on % of population and I think you will find that Canada is easily in the top 10.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2021, 11:01 PM   #9364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Not trying to be hardcore about it just telling it as I see it. I was dragged to Langley Costco yesterday and that was probably the first time where I’ve gone in somewhere and I was legit worried about my safety and tripping out about how busy it was. There were no even attempts at guidelines like 1 way lanes etc. At the willingdon location. It was so busy it was shoulder to shoulder claustrophobic.
Imagine working there 40+ hours a week throughout the entire epidemic, then listening to everyone who WFH complain that they can’t see a friend
Old 04-03-2021, 11:57 PM   #9365
I subscribe to Revscene

Dozens in Central Florida contract COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated
youtube.com/watch?v=JnmN2WrU8pE

Crooked Theory Explained in 7 minutes [My Incredible Opinion]
youtube.com/watch?v=_WXRh6T_ET8

The Smile Difference: Autism vs. Asperger Syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=MdHorgRootc

Quote:
starflower703

There was a Canadian doctor, Andrew Moulan, who postulated this same theory; but also thought it was injury to the occipital and spinal nerves in addition to a brain injury. Just when his theory started getting mainstream attention, he died in a very suspicious way. Why? Because he was sure these brain injuries were the result of vax injuries.
Dr. Andrew Moulden
https://educate-yourself.org/cn/All-...xwWtT4hH6o#top

Video series
Vaccine Damages explained - Tolerance Lost - Vol 3
Vaccine Damages explained - Tolerance Lost - Vol 2
Vaccine Damages explained - Tolerance Lost - Vol 1

Just watched a random video of his... this can happen at an old age too, does Gulf Syndrome ring a bell?
youtu.be/C6rfyWUQ8zQ
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-04-2021, 01:49 AM   #9366
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andrew_Moulden

Andrew Moulden (c. 1964-2013) was a Canadian quack who pushed an extreme form of anti-vaccine woo, claiming that vaccines as the causes of most illnesses and disabilities, including autism.

In addition to his anti-vaccine ideology (which is frequently too extreme even for other anti-vaxers) Andrew Moulden was a germ-theory denialist, a conspiracy crank, a 9/11 truther, a failed politician, and a snake-oil salesman offering an Internet-based magical procedure to uncover the true causes of everything from shaken-baby syndrome and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) to dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

Moulden claimed several academic degrees, including a medical degree, but he was not licensed to practice medicine anywhere. In fact, there were apparently restraining orders to keep him out of major medical conferences — according to him, anyway.[2]
Old 04-04-2021, 06:21 AM   #9367
I subscribe to Revscene

A 911 truther... guess he might be on to something.

Quote:
every vaccination is damaging the ultra tiny capillaries of the cerebral vascular network, for example, by creating blockages into the tiny capillary tubules (due to the influx of large white blood cells, an immune response to the foreign antigens of vaccines) which prevents the oxygen-carrying red blood cells from getting through the fine capillary networks, thus causing oxygen starvation (ischemia) to affected brain cells, nerve cells, etc. This phenomenon is the very definition of a stroke. The more vaccinations, the more additive the damage.
Andrew Moulden would say the following is a result of a stroke in the brain due to vaccines the man had just taken, but 'the system' calls it Bells Palsy, a mysterious occurrence. Sounds like the latter is the quack.

26 Mar, 2021
Young Hong Kong man describes ordeal of facial paralysis after receiving Covid-19 vaccine
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 04-04-2021, 06:47 AM   #9368
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,823 Times in 8,194 Posts
The vaccines seem to have a chance to give people temporary Bell's Palsy. They had 7 people get it in the trials (of 40,000 people), compared to 1 getting it in the placebo. Also 7 people in HK are reported to have gotten it, including this guy, out of around 460,000 people

Scary, but not a stroke. That idiot "doctor" has no reason to comment on a case he saw on youtube.

It's not a conspiracy, although the way it's been reported is misleading, as stated in the post I linked.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:08 AM   #9369
I subscribe to Revscene

So what was the process that caused this after people got the vaccine? A mysterious occurrence?
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 04-04-2021, 07:11 AM   #9370

Read the report I posted

Unless you think the Lancet isn't a good source... They don't have a whacky youtube channel after all
Old 04-04-2021, 07:13 AM   #9371
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Why don't we just stay to our convictions. If you want the vaccine, get it. If you don't want it, don't get it, it's a free country. Stop trying to convince people one way or another on a frickin forum ... of which I am pretty sure the effective rate of conversion is like 0.000001%.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #9372
I subscribe to Revscene

Open up the Russian, Chinese and Iranian vaccines then.
Buddy Hong Kong could have stayed home for 2 weeks after getting Covid but now his brain is at risk of being retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Read the report I posted

Unless you think the Lancet isn't a good source... They don't have a whacky youtube channel after all
Its a long article, but the beginning says past vaccines used E. col bacteria toxin as a adjuvant... is that whats in the Covid vaccines too?
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-04-2021 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:18 AM   #9373

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Its a long article
Read it later then
Old 04-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #9374
I subscribe to Revscene

After skimming through... "The SARS-CoV-2 vaccines do not contain an exogenous adjuvant"

So its a mysterious reason why peoples face look goofy after the vaccine.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 04-04-2021, 09:23 AM   #9375
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
I'm still blown away we're clocking this many infections at this point.

Clearly it's anecdotal on my end here, but everyone is wearing masks and distancing, sanitizer is spewing forth everywhere like my cock after weeks of no fapping, and I haven't seen a person sneeze or cough in public in almost a damn year here.

Has there been any deeper dives in terms of where these infections are happening? Public transit, offices/work locations, restaurants, stores, schools, etc.?

I've never seen any data to speak to this, and I'm genuinely curious.

You're telling me all these infections are from private gatherings within people's homes?

If this many people can keep getting infected with all these precautions in place, and with these variants adapting, will we ever truly rid ourselves of this virus? If not, what is the overall plan here?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote