REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-09-2021, 07:11 PM   #11876
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
To your post Traum, vaccine politics are also a huge consideration in third world places. And even places like Thailand etc. They are opting to purchase garbage sinovac etc. Our family friend who lives half the year there paid out of pocket to get his kid and Thai wife pfizer

Russia and China gonna roll through the 3rd world offering vaccines in exchange for infrastructure projects
At least the Russian vaccine is effective unlike the Chinese one

It makes more sense to give our 3rd doses to other countries we don't need a hybrid Delta K.appa variant that spreads fast and kills vaccinated ppl
Advertisement

Last edited by StylinRed; 08-09-2021 at 10:23 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:19 PM   #11877
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Mask usage steadily declining I’ve noticed shopping in richmond, almost all of which are white people choosing not to wear them. I’m a little surprised if I’m honest, we adopted masks quite quickly overall but have dropped them even faster.

On my dog walk today the radio said peace arch was a 90 minute line up. Every single person I’ve talked to has said they don’t want the border open. Why hasn’t the government listened to its own citizens?
Old 08-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #11878
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Yah who would want it open besides anyone in the tourism industry?

Especially if it's a one way street? Seems stupid. There's literally nothing to be gained for any of us.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:13 PM   #11879
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Damn the cases per day and active cases line is steeper than last year but we have the vaccines doe

"B.C. health officials announced 1,079 new cases of COVID-19 and five more deaths over the last three days, an average of 360 new cases a day and nearly double last weekend's average.

The seven day rolling average of new daily cases (355) is now at its highest since May 25.

In a written statement, the provincial health ministry said there are currently 3,036 active cases of people infected with the novel coronavirus in B.C."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...aug9-1.6134699
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:31 PM   #11880
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Mask usage steadily declining I’ve noticed shopping in richmond, almost all of which are white people choosing not to wear them. I’m a little surprised if I’m honest, we adopted masks quite quickly overall but have dropped them even faster.

On my dog walk today the radio said peace arch was a 90 minute line up. Every single person I’ve talked to has said they don’t want the border open. Why hasn’t the government listened to its own citizens?
I would argue we adopted masks pretty slow but that's subjective because what's fast and what's slow? Anyway i was really curious what the mask usage at my gym would be when the date came and also in general. At my gym it went from 100% (because mandatory obv) to about 20% me being in the 20%. In general out in other places from what I've witnessed probably about 50% at best. I mean whatever, no judgment since the rules say you don't have to that's your call but we are far from being out of the woods and I'm still taking it easy for months to come

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #11881
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Damn the cases per day and active cases line is steeper than last year but we have the vaccines doe

"B.C. health officials announced 1,079 new cases of COVID-19 and five more deaths over the last three days, an average of 360 new cases a day and nearly double last weekend's average.

The seven day rolling average of new daily cases (355) is now at its highest since May 25.

In a written statement, the provincial health ministry said there are currently 3,036 active cases of people infected with the novel coronavirus in B.C."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...aug9-1.6134699
Still lots of cases and lots of deaths. 97% of the people getting sick don't have the vaccine, but were acting like they do. 99.9% of the people dying don't have the vaccine, but were acting like they do.

Makes you wonder
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2021, 11:42 PM   #11882
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
After a cluster a week or so ago, Macau is currently testing their entire population, it's compulsory

So far they've tested 700K people, no positives

4K haven't gone in for testing yet, 2K have been contacted. 55 refused to be tested
Quote:
BTW just 2 minutes ago, HK said they'd do full population testing if there was another cluster.
To give all of this a little perspective that RSers might have an easier time to understand, Macau and CoV are actually quite similar in 2 regards -- the population sizes are very similar, and the land sizes are nearly identical. Can you imagine Kennedy Stewart forcing every CoV resident into mandatory COVID testing? What kind of outcries would there be? (not to mention lawsuits)

On the other hand, Hong Kong has a ~7.5M head count. That is roughly 10x more than CoV's population, and roughly 3x more than Metro Vancouver's population. With a population that large, I'd think that it is impossible and completely impractical to do COVID tests on the entire population. The backlash from mandatory testing would be too much; there'd be no viable way to systematically test everyone while preventing "cross contamination", so to speak. IIRC, the Mainland Chinese lab contracted to carry out the COVID tests have been caught in a number of scandals already from blotching their testing.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 12:20 AM   #11883

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Old 08-10-2021, 01:13 AM   #11884
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
To give all of this a little perspective that RSers might have an easier time to understand
, snip, snip, snip...........

Are you saying RS'rs are a bunch of dumb orang-utans?

Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:19 AM   #11885
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
If I was in HK, and the only vaccine avail was from China, I'd seriously be worried about a chip being implanted.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2021, 07:13 AM   #11886

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
It's about time! -slowpoke government.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/08...a-mrna-canada/

OTTAWA — U.S. drug maker Moderna will sign an agreement with the Canadian government today promising to build an mRNA production plant in Canada.

Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel will sign the memorandum of understanding with federal Innovation Minister François-Philippe Champagne in Montreal Tuesday morning. It is the second major deal Ottawa has made to get mRNA made in Canada in the last three months.

In May, Champagne said Ottawa would provide $199 million to Resilience Technologies in Mississauga, Ont., about half the cost of expanding its existing plant to make up to 640 million doses of mRNA vaccines every year.

A spokesman for Champagne tells The Canadian Press, Moderna and Ottawa are still negotiating specifics on how much the federal government will contribute to the new plant, along with where it will be built and when.

He said Ottawa attracted the attention of a number of life sciences companies last spring, when it promised $2.2 billion for biotechnology research and commercial production over the next seven years. About half of that is a fund directly targeting companies that want to expand or set up production lines in Canada.

Canada has played no part in the production of Moderna or any other COVID-19 vaccine to date. Its lacklustre pharmaceutical industry, decimated over the last 30 years, left Canada entirely reliant on imported vaccines to slow COVID-19. Many of the scientists on the teams that made COVID-19 vaccines are from Canada but were lured away to the United States and elsewhere, where life science industries were thriving.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:26 AM   #11887

"Moderna and Ottawa are still negotiating specifics on how much the federal government will contribute to the new plant, along with where it will be built and when."

This means NEVER, protect my native land, protect trees, protect salmon, protect my backyard, protect the homeless sleeping there.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #11888
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Still lots of cases and lots of deaths. 97% of the people getting sick don't have the vaccine, but were acting like they do. 99.9% of the people dying don't have the vaccine, but were acting like they do.

Makes you wonder
Honestly, that's fine with me. I feel bad for their more sane family who do have their vaccines and have to lose a loved one, and I feel bad for the frontline workers dealing with them, but those unvaccinated dying from covid reap what they sow.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #11889
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
"Moderna and Ottawa are still negotiating specifics on how much the federal government will contribute to the new plant, along with where it will be built and when."

This means NEVER, protect my native land, protect trees, protect salmon, protect my backyard, protect the homeless sleeping there.
Yeah because building a vaccine facility means you need to disregard people and the environment.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #11890
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Honestly, that's fine with me. I feel bad for their more sane family who do have their vaccines and have to lose a loved one, and I feel bad for the frontline workers dealing with them, but those unvaccinated dying from covid reap what they sow.
Also the rest of us kind of want to get back to "normal". Like actual normal, not this pretend normal we're in now.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #11891
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Also the rest of us kind of want to get back to "normal". Like actual normal, not this pretend normal we're in now.
With you being in Hong Kong, SkinnyPupp, I just don't see how things will get back to being "normal". It is quite clear that Carrie will continue to milk the pandemic as the reason that no form of gathering would be allowed.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:15 PM   #11892
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
That will never happen

It took 30 years to eradicate polio, theres enough anti vaxxers on our planet to make covid last 60

And then first world problems kicks in, you go on vacation, and bring back variant J from africa in 2025 re starting the cycle

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2021, 07:10 PM   #11893
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Everyone has a breaking point, it could be another month or it could be 5 years later. But do you think eventually if this cycle resets and continues everyone on the planet is just going to be fuck this shit?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:29 PM   #11894
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
It will just polarize everyone worse than it has. You'll have people locking themselves in their basements crying bloody murder when they see people walk outside. Anti vaxxers and anti maskers attacking people in public for wearing masks.
All the rest of us just wishing it killed every last one of us the first time around to save the fucking hassle.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2021, 09:29 PM   #11895
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
Wuhan all but forgotten?

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but that strain from Peru sounds nasty. Lambda variant, I think.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=485df8734348

It has migrated up into North America. Two cases in Canada, so far.

According to this article, it's nothing to worry about, as vaccinated people are somewhat protected. Unvaccinated people should, though.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...cern-1.5507400
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 08-10-2021 at 09:37 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #11896
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/08...ses-wednesday/
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 04:03 PM   #11897

Let's reopen in September and rip those masks off, we welcome our American overlords from Premier Biden

This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #11898

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
A power grab from the Liberals while they are still doing well in the polls during this pandemic.

Turd is going to call a snap election on September 20th:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/08...ection-report/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the Liberals are reportedly set to call a snap election on September 20.

According to Reuters, Trudeau’s government will make it official with a formal announcement expected on Sunday.

For months, there have been rumours of the Liberal government looking to launch a possible election. The Prime Minister has argued that the opposition has made it difficult to pass legislation.

The Conservatives and New Democratic Party (NDP) have accused Trudeau’s government of acting recklessly with the fourth wave of COVID-19 hitting the country and say it is only a power grab by the Liberals since they are performing well in the polls
Old 08-12-2021, 08:45 AM   #11899
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
^ please ... let's not give JT and the Liberals a majority. I would like a minority to keep him accountable in some small way.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:53 AM   #11900

^^ so it's ok for NDP to call a provincial election but it's not for liberals?

I was just thinking about this last night, if all the anti Vax who get infected and don't die does it mean that they have natural antibodies against Coronas? ??? Profit, don't need to waste vaccines on them and continue to roll out the vaccine passports for us in September.