REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:57 AM   #14351
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
I'm on day 6 now. Feeling pretty normal now after with nothing left but congestion. The whole thing really was waves of feeling shit and thinking it was ending like multiple times in a day. Day 2/3 were brutal for aches and chills.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2022, 11:35 AM   #14352

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Have another buddy and his family get it this week, his kid also my sons best friend at school so I'm surprised we haven't got it yet. He owns an Electrical Company, he had 17 employees sick this week as well.

I think I might be the last person I know who either hasn't had it or hasn't know he's had it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:58 PM   #14353
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,352 Times in 5,655 Posts
At this point I think you’re better off getting it than trying desperately to hold it off and then it happen when it’s more inconvenient.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #14354
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'm on day 6 now. Feeling pretty normal now after with nothing left but congestion. The whole thing really was waves of feeling shit and thinking it was ending like multiple times in a day. Day 2/3 were brutal for aches and chills.
Yup, I got it too. Know exactly from where as well - if you're sick, don't be a fucking asshole and go out to dinner and spread it to everyone else.

I was asymptomatic till I got my booster, thought the initial symptoms were a poor reaction to the booster but confirmed via rapid test today that it is indeed the vids. Had everything but never quite lost my sense of taste.

On the bright side, testing-free border crossings for 180 days once recovered... Just have to pay up for a PCR test now to confirm.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:19 PM   #14355

You better go get a PCR pretty quick.. also you say don’t go to a restaurant knowing your positive but you’re gonna go into a private testing facility knowing your positive in order to get border crossing status?
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2022, 02:26 PM   #14356
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
You better go get a PCR pretty quick.. also you say don’t go to a restaurant knowing your positive but you’re gonna go into a private testing facility knowing your positive in order to get border crossing status?
You got to be pretty stupid to not recognize the difference between going to eat in a restaurant versus doing to get a COVID test in terms of relative risk.
stylez2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2022, 02:29 PM   #14357

You shouldn’t be going out interacting with people period knowing you’re positive.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:33 PM   #14358

Yeah I would have rather waited until post booster. After that though fuckin send it. I got an invitation for my shot the night I started showing symptoms. Wife had it about as bad as me. Baby was congested and really fussy one night so we assume it might have affected her but could just be grumpy newborn shit too. I asked her what was wrong and she didn’t even answer. Just made some weird googoo noises.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2022, 02:34 PM   #14359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
You shouldn’t be going out interacting with people period knowing you’re positive.
Lol he’s not gonna have it for 180 days so that leaves him like 173 free days to cross the border.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2022, 02:42 PM   #14360

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Lol he’s not gonna have it for 180 days so that leaves him like 173 free days to cross the border.
This.

I'm at home and will be until I'm asymptomatic/10 days.

Though I'd be happy to make an exception for our resident RS anti-mask/restrictions/vaxx crowd though because fake MSM fake virus.
Old 01-15-2022, 06:33 PM   #14361

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I’m on day 5 and I think have strep throat. All my other symptoms have gone but my throat is still sore. I had body aches and chill for the first couple days but it wasn’t too bad
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #14362
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak..._asked_to_show
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:52 PM   #14363
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Local cases of Omicron in Beijing have appeared, where no recent travel has taken place for the affected

Surprised China reported that! Wonder what they'll do now
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:00 PM   #14364
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,281 Times in 1,969 Posts
My neighbour 2 doors down from me (condo) has it.

My assistant at work has it.

This girl I'm seeing has it. She and a whole bunch of her family caught it who then unknowingly spread it to others. The culprit? A non-disinfected Honda CRV lent to them by an in-law. If you're going to borrow someone else's car, make sure it smells like a hospital when you enter.

It's only a matter of time before I get it. May as well just host a droplet party myself.

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2022, 07:50 AM   #14365
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
My dads got 3 shots and he got it… 7 days ago? I saw him from a distance yesterday and he’s been up and down… 1 day feeling better then 2 rough days… cycle repeats… he’s pretty unhappy and has a bad cough, does not advise purposely getting it. Seems like people don’t lose their sense of taste with the omicron one???

Weirdly enough my mom didn’t get it at all yet even though she’s 77. Or if she did she has been totally asymptomatic.

He left insurance papers I needed for his car I’m storing I slathered that envelope and my hands with spray picking it up haha… what a life hey.

Wonder how Mike is fairing down in Meh-hee-co.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:47 AM   #14366
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Where did everyone get their 3rd shot? Now they have it at even a small pharmacy. Why are they everywhere but 1st and 2nd shots were only available at one or two places.
I can get it sooner but.. Walmart?

Last edited by ImportPsycho; 01-16-2022 at 10:25 AM.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:49 AM   #14367
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Where did everyone get their 3rd shot? Now they have it at even a small pharmacy. Why are have them everywhere but 1st and 2nd shots were only available at one or two places.
I got mine at a local pharmacy.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:13 AM   #14368
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Oh man I’m getting fucked up

Felt fine yesterday (day 1) was even able to do work on my Subaru. Cough starting coming in the evening. Then overnight I just got wrecked. Super painful cough (someone on here said like strep, I agree). 103°f fever, chills, painful migraine, got up to pee and was so dizzy I ended up vomiting.

Going to try and get tested. Local one is booking for the 19th… that’s stupid. So I guess we’ll try the yvr drive thru centre

Edit, double vaxxed (pleb first then moderna) no loss of taste or smell that I can tell
Old 01-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #14369

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Where did everyone get their 3rd shot? Now they have it at even a small pharmacy. Why are they everywhere but 1st and 2nd shots were only available at one or two places.
Booked in next week at a pharmacy, after taking my wife to drive through and it taking 90 minutes hard pass on that.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #14370

Lost my sense of taste and smell yesterday. Choked.

All other symptoms now (mostly) gone.

Our pup has been off all week too, no idea if covid could have affected her or she just sensed her dad was all fucked up.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:17 AM   #14371

Yeah my wife has lost her taste now (who's to say she ever had any, as she married me.)
I'm glad I haven't lost mine because I literally couldn't do my fuckin job. I need my tongue insured like Jlo insured her ass.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2022, 01:29 PM   #14372

Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,185 Posts
Got my booster on Friday (Pfizer x2, then Moderna), and only had the sore arm. Saturday, I felt tired in the morning, then body aches by the evening. Sunday, I’m back to normal now and arm is almost fully recovered.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:47 PM   #14373
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
I've heard symptoms come and go, you might lose your smell after a week, have cough one day be gone and back another. Mild they say, 5 day quarantine they say
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:46 PM   #14374
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
My neighbour 2 doors down from me (condo) has it.

My assistant at work has it.

This girl I'm seeing has it. She and a whole bunch of her family caught it who then unknowingly spread it to others. The culprit? A non-disinfected Honda CRV lent to them by an in-law. If you're going to borrow someone else's car, make sure it smells like a hospital when you enter.

It's only a matter of time before I get it. May as well just host a droplet party myself.

Just curious because I often hear people who caught it know for sure how it happened. With so many people being affected how do we know for sure it was the car? Surely, at least one of the people from the group has had some type of interaction with the public at some point, grocery, work etc and I don't even really care if they were masked because that isn't 100% either. Also how do we know one of the people who were in the car was patient 0?

Not being a dick about it. I'm just legit curious how they seem 100% sure that was the cause.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:51 PM   #14375

Transmission from surfaces seems very very limited so kinda doubt it was the vehicle.