REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:00 PM   #11726
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I realize the gift of intelligence has escaped the majority of these people, but what a stupid thing to protest.

Want to visit any country in Africa? Proof of Malaria please.
Want to enroll in a daycare? Proof of infant vaccinations please.
Want to work on a construction site? Proof of Health & Safety training please.

Like it's literally everywhere.

Oh but fuck if some cruise line or a foreign country wants proof of vaccinations to ensure the safety of everyone, mUh RiGhTs!!!
Just FYI, you can't prove you got a Malaria vaccine because one doesn't exist (though they are working on one). Instead you have to take these shitty pills that give you diarrhea and fucked up dreams once a day if you're in an endemic area. You may be thinking of Yellow Fever vaccine and even then it's only some countries in Africa and S. America that require it. Other countries require it if you are coming from a YF infected area.

But yes, short of mandating vaccines, vaccine passports seem to be the only way outta this at this point. Too bad it seems completely out of of the ability from all levels of government here.
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #11727
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
They have that stupid fucking BC health card system that’s been posted here that has the perfect pass to use.. guaranteed people in the govt. don’t even know about it though
Old 07-28-2021, 04:25 PM   #11728
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
Yup, and no one outside of BC knows about it either I bet. We need a FEDERAL system so there's no fuckery. We've had people working in the service industry here that didn't recognize what a Nova Scotia driver licence was FFS.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #11729
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
so masks off didn't even last a month
why did they remove the mandate in the first place?
kinda dumb without hitting 75% fully-vaccinated + 2 weeks first
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #11730
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
so masks off didn't even last a month
why did they remove the mandate in the first place?
Did you miss the part where it's only for the central okanagan?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:07 PM   #11731
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
^ in many parts of the US as well ... not directly related to us. But if you think somehow that we will avoid having to return to masks ... you're an optimist.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:16 PM   #11732
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Did you miss the part where it's only for the central okanagan?
it’s not over until it’s over for all of us

how much movement do you think happens between Vancouver and Kelowna especially during prime boating season?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2021, 08:34 PM   #11733
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Anyone know if river rock is doing walk ins
Old 07-28-2021, 09:23 PM   #11734

All clinics will accept walk ins for 1st shot. And 2nd shot if 49 days has passed from 1st shot.

http://www.vch.ca/about-us/news/news...e-appointments

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) today announced that starting on 30 June, 2021, all vaccination clinics in our region will welcome drop-in appointments for individuals eligible for their first dose. Eligible people aged 12 and older who haven't received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, can book an appointment or drop-in to a clinic location most convenient for them. VCH vaccination clinics are listed on our website including locations and hours of operation.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:31 PM   #11735
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
My buddy that has both of his shots was ripping on me for still wearing my mask in common areas a few days ago
Boasting all "whats the point, gov allows no masks" etc

Now im waiting for the gov to go back to masks mandatory, so i can boast "bro why are you wearing a mask, whats the point"

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:37 PM   #11736

Well kinda what is the point? To protect the unvaccinated?

I only wear my mask in crowded places when I’m wearing my work attire otherwise if it’s not being asked of me I won’t. I’d probably wear it still in a Metrotown etc. But other than that what is the point if I’m fully vaccinated and well passed my second dose?
Old 07-28-2021, 10:39 PM   #11737
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
(inserts stirring the pot gif)

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:20 AM   #11738

^ protect yourself, you can still catch it if you have double vaccine.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #11739
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

I only wear my mask in crowded places when I’m wearing my work attire otherwise if it’s not being asked of me I won’t. I’d probably wear it still in a Metrotown etc. But other than that what is the point if I’m fully vaccinated and well passed my second dose?
I still wear a mask because there's this free loader in my house that doesn't pay rent, eats all my food, shits whenever he feels like it, and screams at me but isn't eligible to get his vaccine. At least he's cute.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:47 AM   #11740

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ protect yourself, you can still catch it if you have double vaccine.
So better wear masks for 75% of the year then as you may catch a common cold/flu as well.

Having unvaccinated kids etc ok, but again, they are more likely to be adversely effected from almost any other childhood illness more than Covid.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:27 AM   #11741
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Countless times, i have read a stupid comment about conspiracy theories and covid not being real; I would start typing and think "fuck these people" and delete it because it's not worth my time.

But FUCK YOU. I have family and friends effected by covid because they work on front lines. So FUCK YOU. My stepdad had covid and was in the hospital for over 7 days qnd still hasn't fully recovered 2 months later. So FUCK YOU.

Covid is real. You antivaxx people believe in flu/cold season but you dont believe in covid? How the fuck do you think a flu started off as? So FUCK YOU.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2021, 10:04 AM   #11742

Ok?
Old 07-29-2021, 10:07 AM   #11743
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:

You pretty much listed all the common situations why most people would still be wearing a mask after being fully vaccinated. So maybe you can ask yourself and tell us what your reasons are for wearing a mask in those situations and answer your own question.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:23 AM   #11744

I’m on a BC ferry right now and not 1 of the crew is wearing a mask.

Not one of the people serving food, none of the cashiers dealing face to face with customers, none of the hosts walking around the boat.

Obviously it’s probably a union thing but given it’s a publicly funded entity you’d think if anyone was going to be following the strictest of safety protocols it would be them. They have obviously assessed the risk and deemed dealing with thousands of complete strangers every single day is not enough a risk to enforce masks.

But hey, It’s not like they have doctors, consultants, experts in the field providing them information to make these decisions with.

Like do whatever ya want, but odds dictate reasonable choices at some point. There are currently around 500 active cases in BC, a province of 5 million. Therefor you have 0.0001% of the population that is a potential Source of exposure. There are probably more people in hospital with Sunburns in BC than covid at the moment.

I’ve never been anti-vax, never thought covid was a hoax, always was willing to take information as it came. I also applaud humans and science for being absolutely amazing in discovery and research in developing the vaccines and I’ll even give the govt. some credit. I am however an advocate for rationale thinking

Last edited by Hondaracer; 07-29-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2021, 10:45 AM   #11745
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
I’m on a BC ferry right now and not 1 of the crew is wearing a mask.

Not one of the people serving food, none of the cashiers dealing face to face with customers, none of the hosts walking around the boat.

Obviously it’s probably a union thing but given it’s a publicly funded entity you’d think if anyone was going to be following the strictest of safety protocols it would be them. They have obviously assessed the risk and deemed dealing with thousands of complete strangers every single day is not enough a risk to enforce masks.

But hey, It’s not like they have doctors, consultants, experts in the field providing them information to make these decisions with.

Like do whatever ya want, but odds dictate rationale choices at some point. There are currently around 500 active cases in BC, a province of 5 million. Therefor you have 0.0001% of the population that is a potential Source of exposure. There are probably more people in hospital with Sunburns in BC than covid at the moment.
You're on a roll with answering your own questions today.

Yes, 500 active known cases, but still every day currently 100+ people are newly testing positive. Statistics and numbers and probabilities don't mean shit if you've either been personally affected by covid, have children or immuno-compromised people at home, or are just less risk-averse.

To say shit like dur hur more sunburns in hospitals than covid is leaning into the realm of stupidity, and shows that you somehow think this is all over, which is why you're getting backlash. As it was during the peak of covid, it's the ignorant minority that are the biggest threat (in this case anti-vaxxers and the morbidly stupid, of which I know you aren't.)

We should absolutely be opening up (and we are), but at a controlled pace (as we are). This is far from over, and a lot of people are taking this one step at a time - you don't have to agree with them, but at least don't be a dick.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2021, 12:13 PM   #11746
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
That’s weird I took a major ferry on July 15 and again on July 17 and the entire crew was wearing masks except for the guys lining up the ramp on the deck.

Did it change that much in 2 weeks? Or confirmation bias? Haha

That said, almost nobody on the island wears masks… I felt like an alien walking around with one on.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:15 PM   #11747
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^ just wait till the Okanagan tourist come home in a week
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #11748

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That’s weird I took a major ferry on July 15 and again on July 17 and the entire crew was wearing masks except for the guys lining up the ramp on the deck.

Did it change that much in 2 weeks? Or confirmation bias? Haha

That said, almost nobody on the island wears masks… I felt like an alien walking around with one on.
Queen of Surrey to Langdale
Old 07-29-2021, 12:23 PM   #11749
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^^ just confirmed with my friend that works at BC ferry, masks for staff are by choice
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:30 PM   #11750
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
I went to Victoria so maybe the big boats are still being cautious
68style is offline   Reply With Quote