REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:22 PM   #12126
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Religion holding society back as usual I see.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2021, 09:53 PM   #12127
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Would anti-vaxxers risk trying to get a fake passport card by paying a techie to make a QR code or simply get the Covid vaccine shots for FREE?
Yes.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:56 PM   #12128
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
What's the current interval between the 2 shots? Are they still doing 7? 8? weeks?

The two dates they set - Sep 13 and Oct 24 is only 6 weeks apart, and they require u to be vaccinated 7 days prior. So that means for the absolute last minute jabbers, you need to have your second shot taken by Oct 17th....and that's only a month apart from Sep 13th.

Would been better off if they set a Aug 30th + Oct 24th or a Sep 13 + Nov 7th date.
Reduced to 28 days. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/c...vaccine/dose-2
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:41 PM   #12129
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Can’t wait for hospitals to require the vaccine passport. When asked why they’re not jabbed and they’re positive, tell them they can’t come in. They had their chance
We should apply the same rule for people who OD on drugs, get into a wreck driving a bit spiritidly, smokers, people who attempt suicide and fail, etc etc.

They all knew the risks and consequences of their actions. Some people need to fall to learn to get back up and realize the error of their ways.

But since we're going to turn people away from medical care let's weed out all the people who knowingly do something that's a bad idea and make poor decisions.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-24-2021, 05:44 AM   #12130
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Dr. B going hardline !!

No Medical or Religious Exemption for Vaccine Passports
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/no-medical-or-...stem-1.5558423

People who can't get vaccinated against COVID-19 for medical reasons won't be exempt from B.C.’s upcoming vaccine passport system, nor will those who choose not to get immunized for religious reasons.

Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, who announced the requirement Monday afternoon, said those individuals will have to miss out on discretionary services and activities, such as dining in restaurants and attending live sporting events, until the proof-of-vaccination requirement is lifted next year.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #12131
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Until it’s lifted next year? Shit won’t be lifted until this thing is done.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:52 AM   #12132
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Dr. B going hardline !!

No Medical or Religious Exemption for Vaccine Passports
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/no-medical-or-...stem-1.5558423

People who can't get vaccinated against COVID-19 for medical reasons won't be exempt from B.C.’s upcoming vaccine passport system, nor will those who choose not to get immunized for religious reasons.

Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, who announced the requirement Monday afternoon, said those individuals will have to miss out on discretionary services and activities, such as dining in restaurants and attending live sporting events, until the proof-of-vaccination requirement is lifted next year.

If you have medical issues you don't get to participate in society anymore.. lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 06:57 AM   #12133
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
If you have medical issues you don't get to participate in society anymore.. lol
Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about that one.

On one hand, if you're sick enough to not get the vaccine you're probably too sick to actually go out during a pandemic where the virus will likely kill you.

On the other, you have your world shrunk that much more and the isolation alone could cause your condition to get worse.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #12134
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts

My secret is that I never stopped wearing masks at indoor places.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:00 AM   #12135
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
If old people in old folks home can all get vaccines, and you can't, what reason is it ESSENTIAL for you to go to a risky dangerous public setting?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:10 AM   #12136

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
coronavirus discussion

Education Minister Jennifer Whiteside’s announcements for the upcoming school year:

Mandatory masks for students in grades 4 and up in all indoor spaces in schools.

Mandatory masks for teachers and school staff in K to Grade 12.

Vaccine is not mandatory for students.

All students return for regular in class study at school.

From news1130:

While she highlights the importance of vaccines to getting through the pandemic, Whiteside has not made any indication they will be mandatory. She is instead encouraging people 12 years and up who are eligible to get the jab.

Dr Bonnie’s announcement this morning:

B.C. has reintroduced a province-wide mask mandate for indoor spaces across the province.

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry announced the reinstatement during a news conference on Tuesday. The new mandate comes into effect on Wednesday and applies to people aged 12 and older in B.C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #12137
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
You gotta be fucking kidding me
Old 08-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #12138

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
^^ numbers don't lie, at least they are smart enough after 2 years and not go full retard like Alberta
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #12139
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Eh, it was bound to happen.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:29 AM   #12140
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,713 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
https://twitter.com/LizaYuzda/status...10051483045888

My secret is that I never stopped wearing masks at indoor places.
me too but regardless, this is a regression - and a massive disappointment.

the usage of masks while necessary now must never be normalized.

I feel like every time this comes back we'll be more accepting of it - like it's the lesser of 2 evils.

i wish the PHO would be more transparent with us. I think it's time to come clean that this cycle will repeat for 4-5 years.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 09:34 AM   #12141

I don’t understand where these projections of fall cases are coming from

So cases are going to be substantially higher in the fall with BC basically being at herd immunity numbers? Higher than when no one was vaccinated..

The portion of BC who cannot be vaccinated by age is approx 13-15% (Children in BC under 14) (I’m sure the portion of people who cannot be vaccinated due to medical conditions is insignificant) so eligible fully vaccinated BC residents are touching that herd immunity number even now. Feels like PHO is scared to come out and say the truth that with variants in place there is no herd immunity.

This shit just feels like throwing darts at the wall again and see what sticks. No rhyme or reason given behind moves, no explanation regarding transmission other than unvaccinated people and “case numbers”

So glad all the people who did their part in getting vaccinated ASAP have to be dragged through all the bullshit again and again of those who haven’t been. Feels great man
Old 08-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #12142
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Fully vaxxed and still wear my masks at indoor public places. I dont see the issue imo
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:49 AM   #12143
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
I do too, but I take it off sometimes, sometimes I forget it, when I go walk my dog, etc.
It's just what it really stands for thats upsetting. We were told vaccines were the ticket out of this, and because people are too fucking stupid to get them, they aren't. Essentially this just isn't ending, maybe ever, and the lockdowns and bullshit are probably going to come back. New variants, vaccines that lose effectiveness, etc.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:53 AM   #12144

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
coronavirus discussion

Who here thinks that Dr. B and Dickhead Dix are seriously considering another vaccine rollout in BC for a third vaccine shot?

A booster shot for BC residents who got two jabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #12145

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I've done all I'm gonna do for this. I got my two vaccines, and I guess if I have to wear a mask indoors whatever, but if they try and mention a booster they can suck my dick because they have no idea what the fuck they are talking about.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 10:02 AM   #12146

That’s what a caller to 980 just said. When will people finally realize things aren’t working out? When you go for your 5th booster?

For me personally the mask think will stop me from supporting some businesses I would otherwise. Just off the top of my head when I was just in Whistler we did the peak to peak gondola, did an escape room etc.

I won’t do anything “non-essential” that I’m stuck inside a stuffy room or that it takes away from the experience in wearing a mask. I wear a mask most of the day at work, I still wore them in the mall etc. But for things I patronize where it’s very uncomfortable to do so, I just won’t be doing those things any longer.

My wife just found a personal trainer to work with again after quite a search. They work out of a small private gym in east Van. If she has to wear a mask now for training maybe she’ll get a refdund on that $1000 commitment.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 08-24-2021 at 10:12 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #12147
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I've done all I'm gonna do for this. I got my two vaccines, and I guess if I have to wear a mask indoors whatever, but if they try and mention a booster they can suck my dick because they have no idea what the fuck they are talking about.
Genuine question, how can you empirically say they have no idea what they're talking about?

I'm not suggesting everyone blindly follow the gub'ment et al, but isn't it reasonable to think there would be a science-based reason if they were to come out and say you needed a third shot?

Like the Tdap shot, you get one at 4~6 years old and then another in high school. Infants are given the same vaccine at 2 month intervals after birth. Yes long-term trials and all that, but with the Covid shot because all this shit is so new if there's new evidence that suggests a third shot is beneficial, and this was not known 4 months ago, why would you rather get your dick sucked by Dix than just get another shot when you've already had 2?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #12148
mc.
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

Like the Tdap shot, you get one at 4~6 years old and then another in high school. Infants are given the same vaccine at 2 month intervals after birth. Yes long-term trials and all that, but with the Covid shot because all this shit is so new if there's new evidence that suggests a third shot is beneficial, and this was not known 4 months ago, why would you rather get your dick sucked by Dix than just get another shot when you've already had 2?
Agreed. I get that no one likes wearing masks or going for shots, but an outright refusal to to get more shots or refusing to mask up again based on new and changing information is ridiculous.

It not like the Govt is holding back a ton of information. The decisions they make at a point in time is based on the best information they have at that time. If the information changes or new information is available, of course the decision may change.

Its like you are playing the lottery and after you picked your numbers, someone tells you what half the numbers will be and you refuse to change your numbers because they didn't tell you earlier.
mc. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #12149
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Based on what is happening around the world with Covid are you guys really surprised? It seemed obvious this was coming. They have been talking about booster shots for a while in other countries, the US, Israel, and Europe. It is not if its when.
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 10:40 AM   #12150

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Genuine question, how can you empirically say they have no idea what they're talking about?

I'm not suggesting everyone blindly follow the gub'ment et al, but isn't it reasonable to think there would be a science-based reason if they were to come out and say you needed a third shot?

Because until the people who refuse to get a vaccine get them, were always going to be doing this same song and dance. We take one for the team, they don't, numbers spike, new variant, new booster, restrictions lifted, restrictions back. Once they figure out how to get those people on board will I consider a booster.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote