REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #9376
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
A 911 truther... guess he might be on to something.

Andrew Moulden would say the following is a result of a stroke in the brain due to vaccines the man had just taken, but 'the system' calls it Bells Palsy, a mysterious occurrence. Sounds like the latter is the quack.

26 Mar, 2021
Young Hong Kong man describes ordeal of facial paralysis after receiving Covid-19 vaccine
https://youtu.be/VbCPdW1rEZk
He could be faking it.

Advertisement
Old 04-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #9377
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
CIC being CIC.. I'm very curious if he does have kids and if the kids are anything like CIC

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:26 AM   #9378
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
the way the world is, we need CiC to be CiC...one of the little things to remind/anchor us to the old way of life

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2021, 12:04 PM   #9379

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
it's epic level trolling.

he's stuck to such a script for years, just look at each sentence There always has to be an undercover story no matter what.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #9380
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
He could be faking it.
That exposing video doesnt prove she was faking it... not sure which point made you believe in as she was getting treatment to rid of the heavy metals in her body.

There are other accounts online.

Tennessee Nurse Gets Bell’s Palsy After Taking “Vaccine” Paralyzed Face
youtube.com/watch?v=1b7HKgFYraU

NURSE WITH BELLS PALSY AFTER THE PFIZER JAB
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtTDaTINnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
CIC being CIC.. I'm very curious if he does have kids and if the kids are anything like CIC
My kids will be born in Iran, not a country with alarming, 'unexplained' autism, allergy, assburgers and adhd rates.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:28 PM   #9381
My homepage has been set to RS

https://globalnews.ca/news/7738185/g...taurant-covid/

Quote:
The owner of a Vancouver restaurant is vowing to continue defying a provincial health order banning indoor dining for three weeks, despite being served with an individual order to close.

Vancouver police said a liquor coordinator and provincial health officers attended Corduroy Restaurant on Cornwall Avenue, Saturday and issued a full closure order.

Asked about the apparent lack of enforcement, Health Minister Adrian Dix said action was being taken Sunday.

“I’m frustrated with the behaviour here,” he said. “No one misunderstands the rules.”

“We are enforcing that closure order, and it is being enforced right now, and it will be enforced.”
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #9382
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
^makes me furious seeing all the POS in that restaurant, no physical distancing, no rules in place whatsoever. I hope all of them get infected and die in hell.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:16 PM   #9383
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,014 Times in 1,911 Posts
I sympathize with the restaurant owners .... I don't necessarily agree with them opening indoor eating but I feel for them. For you and me, it's things we type and use all CAPS on a keyboard, but for them, it's their livelihood, their lifelong investment, their workers (like family) and could ruin them completely.

Only middle of the road is to innovate and do aggressive take out, do some promo's .... and hope you can tread water for another few months!

Oh ... and if you go with food delivery, then you get effed by UberEats, Fantuan, DoorDash, etc ... their ridiculously high rates. Tip restaurants well people!

Last edited by whitev70r; 04-04-2021 at 04:31 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2021, 04:21 PM   #9384
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,818 Times in 8,192 Posts
What sucks is that if people followed rules in the first place, and they had some better rules, restaurants could all be open right now just fine.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2021, 04:51 PM   #9385
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
The Gusto owner is saying how he feels restaurants are being unfairly targeted, and that other businesses like Costco, Walmart, and liquor stores are left to remain open.
My thoughts:
1) This is not an apples to apples comparison. Supermarkets and liquor stores don't have groups of people sitting closely together for an hour or more at a time, nor do stores have patrons in there for long durations without masks on. A restaurant table is a conducive environment for COVID to spread between people of the same party, and those around them.
2) Consider the demographics of the restaurant workers, not just the restaurant owners. Many restaurants employ younger people who aren't financially established or financially secure. That may mean that they feel compelled to work despite their reservations so that they can support themselves. Since they're not as financially secure, they likely live in a shared residence. If that line cook or waitress gets infected, it's absolutely plausible that they can infect others in their own household and circle.

The Corduroy dining room video from last night had me again thinking about the demographics of COVID conspiracy theorists. Why aren't there more stories about these conspiracy theorists getting COVID themselves? You'd think given their tendency to gather that they'd surely have infected either other more often. As the video shows, many of the restaurant guests are white. Often I notice those who speak out against lockdowns, and argue COVID is no real threat in the comments section on FB, are also white. One reason why they may not be getting sick themselves is because the demographics of these people appear, at least on the surface, to be older, who aren't considered essential workers, who do have jobs that afford them the privilege of working from home. Their likelihood of exposure is much less given that they're not spending 40 hours a week with others in a work environment. They aren't working in close proximity to others in a warehouse or processing plant.

I don't have any reputable facts to support this, just my personal observations and thoughts.

Regarding the owner of Corduroy, I say this not arrogantly, but instead regrettably: If her business cannot weather this 3 week lockdown, then her business equitably should not survive. Yes, it's not fair for her to lose her business and livelihood. I'm sure she spent a lot of personal expense to have gotten her to this point. I recognize that it wouldn't be an easy transition for her to stop suddenly being a restaurant owner, switch up careers, and then find something else that can replace her income. But that's looking at her on a personal level with a narrow lens. Expand that lens and perspective, and now she's hosting an environment which puts her own interests ahead of those in the greater whole. The greater whole meaning the 2nd and 3rd degrees of separation that go outward from each diner. The family members, friends, etc who don't subscribe to the same conspiracy theories, who are mindful of their health, but are at risk simply because they are invariably linked back to her restaurant and the choices she made.

Apologies if this sentiment has already been shared ad-nauseum in this thread, I don't stay current with every post. I just wanted to get these thoughts out of my mind, and I'm not claiming that it's gospel.

I do agree with the Gusto owner when he said more statistics should be published to help support the narrative that restaurants are truly conducive to infection. It wouldn't cure everyone's doubts, but it would certainly substantiate the claims either way.

Last edited by nns; 04-04-2021 at 05:01 PM.
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #9386
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
I found this article earlier when trying to find stories of former COVID conspiracy theorists. There aren't a lot available, but this offered an exceptional outlook and possible rationale about why people believe in conspiracies in the first place: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...peaks-out.html

It's an interesting perspective I hadn't thought of myself.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #9387
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Does anyone know if food courts are still open for seating at the malls under the provincial health order? Because at the airport food court before security they got rid of all the chairs and closed off the tables but after security, restaurants and lounges are business as usual
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #9388
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Costco food court has been take out only since March 2020
Old 04-04-2021, 07:18 PM   #9389
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,458 Times in 5,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Does anyone know if food courts are still open for seating at the malls under the provincial health order? Because at the airport food court before security they got rid of all the chairs and closed off the tables but after security, restaurants and lounges are business as usual
Mall food courts do not have seating... at least Richmond Centre did not today
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #9390
I'm invisible

Yaohan’s food court chairs are flipped up or something.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:28 PM   #9391
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
B.C.'s health minister says it's time to 'dig in' to obey COVID-19 safety rules as cases mount

We’re a year into the pandemic where everyone that would be obeying the orders have been doing so for the last year and this clown is still telling British Columbians that we need to “dig in”. What a condescending fuck

Maybe try enforcing the fucking rules instead of continuously saying the same shit over and over and closing down the hospitality industry when it’s convenient for you to save face
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2021, 08:37 PM   #9392
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
B.C.'s health minister says it's time to 'dig in' to obey COVID-19 safety rules as cases mount

We’re a year into the pandemic where everyone that would be obeying the orders have been doing so for the last year and this clown is still telling British Columbians that we need to “dig in”. What a condescending fuck

Maybe try enforcing the fucking rules instead of continuously saying the same shit over and over and closing down the hospitality industry when it’s convenient for you to save face
How should they enforce people gathering with others in homes? Italy/Australia style with road blocks that are check points? Pretty sure no one would be happy with that.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:24 PM   #9393

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
They could start by not sending police out to defend anti mask protests which are in violation of public gathering rules. They can start by making people actually pay the fines they are giving. They can start by not handing out warning tickets for people found in non compliance of the rules for multiple infractions including hosting parties, etc. and actually giving them REAL fines before the 3rd and 4th infractions.
The approach has been cowardly. Where’s that ton of bricks hulk Horgan?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2021, 09:56 PM   #9394
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Corduroy apparently has some sovereign citizen/Freeman screed posted on their door too. I'm not surprised there's overlap between the anti lockdown/masker crowd.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:36 PM   #9395
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...00000333788162
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:04 PM   #9396

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Corduroy apparently has some sovereign citizen/Freeman screed posted on their door too. I'm not surprised there's overlap between the anti lockdown/masker crowd.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:21 PM   #9397
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,818 Times in 8,192 Posts
Of course she's one of those

This poor soul happened to have been born in Canada, where she has to abide by the laws of the country (no, not everyone gets to set their own laws lol)

Instead of being glad that her birth didn't take place somewhere where she actually has no rights, she does this.

People
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2021, 06:14 AM   #9398

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Why aren't there more stories about these conspiracy theorists getting COVID themselves?
You think they'd admit it, or get tested?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:43 AM   #9399

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You think they'd admit it, or get tested?
cause all they do is stay at home and start bullshit

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #9400

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Lol yep. Didn’t take Covid for them to have absolutely no social interaction outside of Reddit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote