REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:10 PM   #14126
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I don’t get the natural immunity thing either. A friend used that line today and I was kind of shocked.

Is being triple Vax’d, and having caught omicron (let’s be real we are all getting it), not better then double Vax’d plus “natural immunity”?

What am I missing from an immunity standpoint? We’re lucky it’s supper contagious and so weak at the same time in my mind?
is his name Tom? lol jk.

I do know a bunch of families who all caught covid. I assume omicron since they all seem to have gotten it at the same party. But there was 3 people who didnt end up catching it(living in the same household and didnt distance from the famliy members and there kids caught it) and those 3 actually got there vaccines late when BC required them if u wanted to go out. I know thats an extremely small sample size but it seems like the vaccines do protect u from omicron depending on when u got it.

Im getting my booster next week and that would probably be my last shot. Im in agreement with Hondaracer, when does it end? Ive never gotten a flu shot aswell and i dont remember ever getting the flu as an adult.
Advertisement
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2022, 12:02 AM   #14127
I STILL don't get it

I received the invitation to book the booster shot on Monday and had an initial appointment in the last week of January. I've refreshed the bookings page several times during the week and am now getting it today.
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:50 AM   #14128
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
My brother (19) who's in the same household as I am, tested positive with Rapid Testing (Antigen) today. He's double vaxxed, as early as possible. He doesn't go out a lot - he only went out once in a month. And that was on Monday. Caught it from a friend who was visiting from Toronto. GG.

He was pretty sick yesterday and finally gathered enough energy to go out to get a test today. His symptoms are as follows:

Day 1 (Wed - 2 days after exposure)
- sore throat

Day 2 (Thurs)
- Change in temperature / chills
- Fever
- Body Aches and soreness
- Sore throat
- headache
- Fatigue & lack of focus
- Dizziness
- Dry cough

Day 3 (Friday - tested positive)
- Dry cough
- Easily fatigued when working out

I'm pretty much screwed even tho the only thing we share is the kitchen and front door. I'm downstairs with my own bathroom.

I think what's frustrating me the most is that I tried to do everything right and keep safe. I didn't go out as much. I didn't go clubbing, restaurants with a lot of people, random parties, go out on dates, nor did I travel outside of the lower mainland. I stayed within my circle, tho it was a rather big circle, but people I trust to be responsible. I always wore a mask and bring a spray bottle of hand sanitizer. I can't blame my brother for seeing his friend, because even I saw a friend from Seattle (for 20mins tho rather than 5 hrs). But I am frustrated at myself at how much I let COVID fears take over my life and limit me from doing things (like try to have an active dating life lmao).

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2022, 08:19 AM   #14129
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
Q: if he tested positive with rapid test, why bother going to line up and getting a pcr? A positive on a rapid test (less sensitive) is a pretty sure positive.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:48 AM   #14130
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Q: if he tested positive with rapid test, why bother going to line up and getting a pcr? A positive on a rapid test (less sensitive) is a pretty sure positive.
No he had to line up to at JetSet to get tested - they gave him an at home test lol. I don't even know where you can get PCR anymore.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2022, 09:17 AM   #14131
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I think what's frustrating me the most is that I tried to do everything right and keep safe. I didn't go out as much. I didn't go clubbing, restaurants with a lot of people, random parties, go out on dates, nor did I travel outside of the lower mainland. I stayed within my circle, tho it was a rather big circle, but people I trust to be responsible. I always wore a mask and bring a spray bottle of hand sanitizer. I can't blame my brother for seeing his friend, because even I saw a friend from Seattle (for 20mins tho rather than 5 hrs). But I am frustrated at myself at how much I let COVID fears take over my life and limit me from doing things (like try to have an active dating life lmao).
Take care and keep up with the anti-COVID measures. Shxt happens and the only thing we can do is to make the best out of the situation and start making lemonades.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #14132

This round/wave, if you get away with NOT catching it, you will be the exception.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:36 AM   #14133
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,281 Times in 1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Reminds me of both my assistants at work testing positive this week. For almost 2 years, my office never got a case because everyone was very diligent in practicing safe methods and everyone is double vaxxed. Can't seem to escape this latest wave. I said fuck it on the covid fears once places started opening up last summer. Imagine wearing two masks, a radiation suit and an extra pair of gumboots only for this to happen while out for an evening stroll:

Spoiler!
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:39 AM   #14134

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Well at least there's 5 paid sick days, hope you get some paid days off ??? Profit
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:05 PM   #14135
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
NSW province in Australia (Sydney)

Did 99K covid tests Saturday (our Friday) which is slightly down from their average testing, but they have 30K+ new cases 16 deaths and 1800+ in hospital

Dang
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:47 PM   #14136
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Omicron Delta hybrid discovered in Cyprus

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/08/cypr...and-delta.html

Quote:
KEY POINTS

A researcher in Cyprus has discovered a strain of the coronavirus that combines the delta and omicron variant, Bloomberg News reported Saturday.

Leondios Kostrikis, professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus, called the strain “deltacron.”

It’s still too early to tell whether there are more cases of the strain or what impacts it could have.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:33 PM   #14137
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
It would be wise to get an official record of catching COVID with a PCR test recorded by the government should you have long term side effects and need to claim long term disability.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:33 PM   #14138

Went to super store to buy medicine, pretty much most of the cold flu, cough medication is all wiped out. Shits probably hitting the fan, I know of more and more people getting sick/ symptoms. Is there even a point to go get tested? My co worker just say they turn people away after hours in line.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:09 PM   #14139
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
well drive-thru line was understandably cut off after 5:30p when they have to close at 7p
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:50 PM   #14140
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Which vaccine are you guys choosing for your booster shot? My first 2 are Pfizer and it looks like they are giving you an option of Pfizer or Moderna.
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:55 PM   #14141

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
If I get the booster I'm gonna stick with Pfizer since I had that the first two shots without any issue.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:25 PM   #14142

> 30 suggestion is Moderna. Under 30 ...Pfizer. For some reason, Moderna is more effective. There are some side effects risks associated with Moderna and younger folks.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:04 PM   #14143
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,185 Posts
I haven’t been notified for my booster shot yet, but for those booking appointments far into the future, can you easily change to an earlier date when one becomes available?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:07 PM   #14144

yes if you refresh enough you can even find one same day
Old 01-09-2022, 08:02 AM   #14145
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Which vaccine are you guys choosing for your booster shot? My first 2 are Pfizer and it looks like they are giving you an option of Pfizer or Moderna.
Moderna most likely, first shot AZ second shot Moderna if given a choice I'll go Moderna for the booster.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:06 AM   #14146
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I got my booster over the christmas break, afterwards I had some suggestions for my buddies. Go to a place that does lots of volume, don't go early in the morn, don't go after a stat holiday. I was prepared for a choice and was thinking Moderna after my 2 AZ shots, I asked the pharmacist what's better, he said Moderna without hesitation. He also says once a vial is open pfizer is good for 6 hrs, Moderna is good for 24 hrs.

I was at a hole in the wall Pharmacy in Van, I'm sure the guy was the owner and the woman that sold me lotto was his wife. We talked for a few minutes sitting at what looked like the lunch table, then he grabs the lunch box cooler sitting on the ground under the table and pulls out a vial. I wondered how that tiny box he just opened wide up could maintain temp. I was thinking get up and get out, I still took the shot.

This was 10:45am right after the stat. I was thinking there was a chance it wouldn't be effective, I don't think that was the case as I had a pretty large 2 day immune response.

After the headache, aches and pain ended the next day I get bad cold symptoms for a week. I'm still a bit congested. I figured it's omicron, who knows. I can still taste.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:04 AM   #14147
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I haven’t been notified for my booster shot yet, but for those booking appointments far into the future, can you easily change to an earlier date when one becomes available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Just booked my 3rd dose. Gotta wait until March 30th. Probably get it before then
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Keep checking, I got my text on Monday morning, initially booked for Jan 30th, then 22nd, and was able to find one for this afternoon. Their site is wonky in that it doesn't update real-time, but if you F5 it takes you back to the first page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
In for next Wednesday, the 12th now. 11 weeks sooner than my original booking. Appreciate the tip!
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:46 AM   #14148
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
So I’ve been watching a bunch of travel vloggers lately and in Europe you can get your “vaccine passport” even if you’re unvaccinated as long as you have proof of being recovered from Covid. Same seems to go with Mexico to some degree, it’s definitely beneficial to have proof of recovery.

So kind of choked now our pathetic testing system basically forced me to do a take home and now I have no record of recovery..
Old 01-09-2022, 04:03 PM   #14149

already have rapid test but want PCR before returning to work

when testing opened this morning st vincent line was 'modest', didn't reach king ed yet

went to check out yvr cell phone waiting area, rapid test only and line was a minimum 1km lol

went back to st vincent lined up from 29th ave..took just a bit over an hour and despite working in healthcare they said pcr is only for health authority staff or surgery patient

brutal wish they had a sign at the start of the line to clarify that
Old 01-09-2022, 05:58 PM   #14150

I think next week is gonna be a shit show once they reopen schools, let's see how their so called additional health and safety is good enough