REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:26 PM   #14226
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
^ I kinda agree with this although I know ethically, it would be extremely hard to carry out.
Advertisement
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:38 PM   #14227
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/pfiz...jJC7AVqIKamFT4

get ready for your pfizer omicron 3/4th shot in March
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 05:10 PM   #14228
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
I think I'm gonna get ready to stick with my 2 shots and see what happens. I'm not getting a booster only to find out I need the updated version a few months later.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:56 PM   #14229
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ I kinda agree with this although I know ethically, it would be extremely hard to carry out.
Well, the major difference is that Singapore allows private health care for those willing to pay for it.
Canada does not, so to require unvaccinated people to pay for themselves would be setting a huge precedent towards the allowance of a privatised system here.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:05 PM   #14230

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
If anything it would just be added as a tax surcharge to fund public healthcare.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:06 PM   #14231
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
It's only a matter of time before they find a solution to erradicate all viruses. They're still working on it. The vaccines they have now are a step in the right direction. Need to survive long enough for it to happen............ meanwhile, bring it on, bitches. I'm ready for my 4th, 5th, and 6th. My body is ready!

BTW, nevermind Ivermectin - Diet Coke kills Covid................. hee hee
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:19 PM   #14232
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
It's only a matter of time before they find a solution to erradicate all viruses. They're still working on it. The vaccines they have now are a step in the right direction. Need to survive long enough for it to happen............ meanwhile, bring it on, bitches. I'm ready for my 4th, 5th, and 6th. My body is ready!

BTW, nevermind Ivermectin - Diet Coke kills Covid................. hee hee
It really does feel like that in the next few decades, we could realistically see a revolution in healthcare and see an unprecedented extension of expected life expectancy. With mRNA only in its infancy, not to mention all the other cutting edge things still on the horizon like stem cell research, and crispr modifications.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:42 PM   #14233

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Woke up this morning and felt like I had a sore throat coming and had body aches. I’m fully vaccinated as well. If I go get tested, will they give me a rapid test or you have to have multiple symptoms to get one?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:44 PM   #14234
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Woke up this morning and felt like I had a sore throat coming and had body aches. I’m fully vaccinated as well. If I go get tested, will they give me a rapid test or you have to have multiple symptoms to get one?
I went to the BCIT testing facility yesterday and got a rapid test. Wife went as well today and got a rapid test as well. Most likely giving rapid to everyone unless there's a compelling reason for a PCR
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 07:48 PM   #14235

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
I went to the BCIT testing facility yesterday and got a rapid test. Wife went as well today and got a rapid test as well. Most likely giving rapid to everyone unless there's a compelling reason for a PCR
Thanks for the info, how long was the wait at BCIT? I may just go there since it’s closest to me
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:49 PM   #14236
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Thanks for the info, how long was the wait at BCIT? I may just go there since it’s closest to me
It's by appointment only now, so the ridiculous lineups are gone. I was in and out in 20 minutes when I went yesterday.

Check for new appointments at midnight for the following day is probably the best bet.

I pasted the BCIT link below if that's where you want to go:
https://fraserhealth.secureform.ca/b...c=burnaby-bcit

Here to look for other collection clinics:
https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...78f4f81688e9d0
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 09:56 PM   #14237
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
That just being blindly “angry” at the unvaccinated isn’t really justified as the people clogging the icus are morons but also highly susceptible to respiratory illness. The 25 year old unvaccinated isn’t really the issue.
Maybe not directly, but the more unvaccinated 25 year olds there are running around the more 70-79 year olds are going to catch it and end up in the ICU.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:11 PM   #14238

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
With how easily the new variant is getting around is saying unvaccinated people are spreading it even true anymore? It seems like it's going to get to everyone regardless of vaccination status. Is there data on how much more likely the new variant spreads from a vaccinated person compared to unvaccinated?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:15 PM   #14239
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
With how easily the new variant is getting around is saying unvaccinated people are spreading it even true anymore? It seems like it's going to get to everyone regardless of vaccination status. Is there data on how much more likely the new variant spreads from a vaccinated person compared to unvaccinated?
I don't think there's any reliable data because the numbers are overwhelming, contact tracing is impossible.

Amectodally though, the hardcore antivaxxer is less likely (if at all) to wear masks, limit gatherings, social distance, etc., because they are stupid narcissists who don't care about others. So by taking more risk and doing less to try and limit spread, they are (again, anecdotally) spreading it around.

Or, the 20 to 40 age range which has the lowest vaccine rate, one could deduce similarly as above.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 05:47 AM   #14240
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Maybe not directly, but the more unvaccinated 25 year olds there are running around the more 70-79 year olds are going to catch it and end up in the ICU.
The unvaccinated 70-70.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:05 AM   #14241

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I don't think there's any reliable data because the numbers are overwhelming, contact tracing is impossible.

Amectodally though, the hardcore antivaxxer is less likely (if at all) to wear masks, limit gatherings, social distance, etc., because they are stupid narcissists who don't care about others. So by taking more risk and doing less to try and limit spread, they are (again, anecdotally) spreading it around.

Or, the 20 to 40 age range which has the lowest vaccine rate, one could deduce similarly as above.
^^ Thats profiling though. Like you’re more likely to be robbed by a black person. You’re more likely to get into an accident with an Asian driver. I certainly can’t speak to those who make noise and defy rules but every single non-vaccinated person I know, and there's a LOT, does not act the way you describe. In fact, I’d wager that the annoying noise makers, who would be defying rules and making problems for others regardless if there was a pandemic going on, are the minority. Everyone I know works from home, changed employers because of the mandate, follows protocols, believes covid is real, stays away from crowds of people, has rapid antigen tests handy, etc. Those who see patients warn them all that they are not vaccinated so each patient is aware and can choose to not attend. I just can’t lump these people into the misogynistic racists that captain Trudeau says they are.

Moving on, hard to believe an article like this exists: https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jor...ng-we-cant-fix. I guess it’s an “opinion” piece so the NP can chalk it up to that so it doesn’t have to agree with its views. Surprised to see this kind of talk even allowed within the msm. Same with this one: https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...osts-1.6268380. But again, it’s an “opinion” piece so there’s that separation again. What’s the debunk on these articles? How do people in this thread feel about this kind of talk through main stream media channels?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2022, 06:23 AM   #14242

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
A couple points to address.
Generalizing someone by their behaviour is a lot more reasonable than generalizing them by something they can’t control. As I said, I’d say there’s a difference between the unvaccinated and a hardcore anti vaxxer.
There have been dozens of articles in the NP like that. Those opinions are not being hidden from the public by mainstream media. You just read less of them because less experts and journalists believe that’s the pathway forward.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2022, 06:57 AM   #14243

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
There have been dozens of articles in the NP like that. Those opinions are not being hidden from the public by mainstream media. You just read less of them because less experts and journalists believe that’s the pathway forward.
Good to know. I suppose it's a step in the right direction by allowing opinions that go against the mainstream to exist on the same mainstream platforms. Nothing says this is all wrong better than censorship so good on the CBC and NP to allow these pieces to exist.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:03 AM   #14244
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
“46% of Covid patients admitted for other reasons”

https://globalnews.ca/news/8502714/o...anuary-11/amp/

As mentioned on previous pages now, the data is becoming increasingly skewed

Last edited by Hondaracer; 01-12-2022 at 08:09 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:36 AM   #14245

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
^^ Thats profiling though. Like you’re more likely to be robbed by a black person. You’re more likely to get into an accident with an Asian driver. I certainly can’t speak to those who make noise and defy rules but every single non-vaccinated person I know, and there's a LOT, does not act the way you describe. In fact, I’d wager that the annoying noise makers, who would be defying rules and making problems for others regardless if there was a pandemic going on, are the minority. Everyone I know works from home, changed employers because of the mandate, follows protocols, believes covid is real, stays away from crowds of people, has rapid antigen tests handy, etc. Those who see patients warn them all that they are not vaccinated so each patient is aware and can choose to not attend. I just can’t lump these people into the misogynistic racists that captain Trudeau says they are.
To an extent, yes, but like Westopher said, profiling due to behaviour isn't the same as profiling for something they literally can't control.

But yes, as with everything in life, people will fall on a spectrum and not just on one side or the other, I'm fully aware. Like for example we had a young (mid 20's guy) at work refusing to get vaccinated, but he wore a mask and did whatever else was asked and I can respect that. (he ended up getting the shot when he realized he would have to drive back to Ontario for Christmas if he didn't, lol)

People I can't stand is the crusty old guy that lives in my building who got into a fight with someone when they asked why he wasn't wearing his mask in the elevator. Since then he made it a point to go onto elevators at capacity and yelling at people to get off if they're so afraid of him and the chinavirus. You don't need to be a genius to figure out where his stance on vaccines are.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2022, 08:50 AM   #14246
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/pfiz...jJC7AVqIKamFT4

get ready for your pfizer omicron 3/4th shot in March
which probably, 3rd world countries will not have access to right away...
this is just never ending rinse and repeat.
get boosters, new variant from other countries with low vaccination rate , get more boosters...
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #14247
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,386 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

People I can't stand is the crusty old guy that lives in my building who got into a fight with someone when they asked why he wasn't wearing his mask in the elevator. Since then he made it a point to go onto elevators at capacity and yelling at people to get off if they're so afraid of him and the chinavirus. You don't need to be a genius to figure out where his stance on vaccines are.
Fuck these guys need to get their ass beat in the elevator then. When they call the cops they'll be like "sorry officer I couldn't see their faces they were all wearing masks!"

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:27 AM   #14248
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I was wAndering about Wuhan. What the situation is like these days at ground zero. Searched a bit. Came across the usual stuff, but saw this. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...cerpt-1267694/

Dr. Michael Callahan. Damn...............
https://advancingcures.org/vic-manag...hael-callahan/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/o...trategies.html

Spoiler!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 01-12-2022 at 09:43 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #14249

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Maybe just me that thinks this way when I read the news about post-secondary students all petitioning about in class rooming learning. Just withdraw from the course, get your fully course money back. Then take the course later on when Covid is settled down from the variants. Keep reading about people bitching as though someone is pointing a gun to their head they must absolutely go to school. Covid has impacted everyone lives, what's a semester or two pushed back going to affect your education from?
Euro7r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:55 AM   #14250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Maybe just me that thinks this way when I read the news about post-secondary students all petitioning about in class rooming learning. Just withdraw from the course, get your fully course money back. Then take the course later on when Covid is settled down from the variants. Keep reading about people bitching as though someone is pointing a gun to their head they must absolutely go to school. Covid has impacted everyone lives, what's a semester or two pushed back going to affect your education from?
Admittedly when you're 18-20 your critical thinking skills aren't developed, even if you're a university student.

Also I'm sure universities aren't willing to give back their tuitions easily because then they'll be fucked.

Most kids, even if funded by mom/dad, aren't going to give up $10k/year if there are alternatives.