REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:38 PM   #14276
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol at first I read birth control and was gonna say..it’s pretty tried and tested over 50+ Years

But taking morning after every time there’s a cream pie? That is some hood rat shit lol
Pull out methods been around before that. Be a man and control that nut if you wanna go that route.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #14277
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Where's Skidz at

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #14278

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Pull out methods been around before that. Be a man and control that nut if you wanna go that route.
Been practicing the pull out method for 16 years, older she gets the more reliable it is. Lol

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2022, 03:49 PM   #14279
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,821 Times in 2,505 Posts
after reading the drake thing in no need to start a new thread thread...

gf could put an inner lining and fill it with hot sauce

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:50 PM   #14280
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I was talking to a friend.
He is against the vaccine because it is too new and was rushed.
Doesn't know the long term effects.

But forces his GF's to take the morning after pill because he doesn't like sex without a condom.
And now he's convinced her to use IUD's.
Please do not tell me this is someone I know as well...?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 04:26 PM   #14281
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
...also you guys discuss birth control methods with your buds?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2022, 04:36 PM   #14282
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
haha ... Quebec proposed tax on unvaxxed and 7000 people signed up for the vaccine. It may not even go through ... great strategy.

Having said that, I think Quebec premier has ballz. I see all the cray cray protest in France, I thought Francophones are pretty high on independence, personal freedom, etc.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 04:38 PM   #14283
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
Yea..actual French people are. Not French Canadians
Old 01-12-2022, 04:46 PM   #14284
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Pics of the chick she could just do it in the stink instead of the pink and it's free ??? Profit
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2022, 06:21 PM   #14285
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
after reading the drake thing in no need to start a new thread thread...

gf could put an inner lining and fill it with hot sauce
There's always those barbed inserts they invented in Africa.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:02 PM   #14286

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I ended up waiting in line today for 40 minutes at the YVR drive through covid test site and took home a rapid test. My symptoms were body aches and a slight sore throat. My test results came out positive, I was sort of shocked thinking maybe it’s a false positive but probably unlikely. I guess I was bound to get it sooner or later.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:22 PM   #14287
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
^ oh wow ... get some rest and hope you come through in a few days. Yah, if you are positive on a rapid test, that's a pretty sure positive as it is less sensitive to PCR test.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:37 PM   #14288

At work today talked to a bunch of colleagues as we don’t typically see each other much and 3 of the 4 I talked to tested positive over Xmas break plus myself.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:53 PM   #14289

Another freedom fighter choosing hugs over masks
Quote:
Vancouver Coastal Health says people who don’t want to get vaccinated themselves have been paying vulnerable people who live in the Downtown Eastside to get COVID-19 shots using the fraudsters’ name and health number.

A health-care worker in the neighbourhood says she recently encountered a patient who had been paid $200 to get two shots using another person’s name and personal health number. She said the patient is extremely vulnerable and has mental health and addiction issues, and was not able to make a fully informed decision when presented with a chance to make extra money.

“I’m angry at people taking advantage, but also that this is what [this patient] has to do to make money because they live in abject poverty,” the health-care worker said.

The worker spoke to The Tyee anonymously because she could face reprisals from her employer for speaking to the media.

The worker said she gave the patient a third dose of the vaccine, a “booster” shot now being given to B.C. residents across the province, in an attempt to counter the highly infectious Omicron variant of COVID-19.

But because the patient had gotten the two previous shots under another person’s name, the patient will not be able to get proof they are fully vaccinated.

Since Oct. 24, B.C. residents have needed a vaccine passport showing they’ve received at least two doses to go to eat in restaurants or cafés, and to enter indoor spaces like bars, movie theatres and sports venues. Some employers also require their employees to have a vaccine passport.

In the Downtown Eastside, Vancouver Coastal Health has been running pop-up vaccination clinics on street corners, overdose prevention sites and venues like the Carnegie Community Centre to try to get residents vaccinated. Many people who live in the neighbourhood have pre-existing health conditions and are more likely to end up in hospital if they contract COVID-19.

The Vancouver Coastal Health authority told The Tyee that staff are aware of people trying to get vaccine passports fraudulently by paying vulnerable people in the neighbourhood to be vaccinated.

The health authority said it’s now put in place “measures to thwart these attempts” and will be ensuring that anyone seeking a COVID-19 vaccine in the Downtown Eastside is eligible to get one and has their identity confirmed.

VCH did not respond to questions about how many times this type of vaccine fraud has happened.

While many Downtown Eastside residents have their identification repeatedly stolen, the health-care worker said it’s possible to confirm patients’ identity by asking them for their full name and birthday and checking that information with health records.

She added that it’s disturbing to realize that unvaccinated people may be able to enter restaurants and other venues where vaccine passports are required using the fraudulent documents.

There have been reports of similar fraud in Edmonton, again using vulnerable people to get shots under other people’s names. An emergency room nurse told Global News that they had encountered at least six patients who said they’d been paid to get vaccinated, including one who said they’d gotten seven shots in one day.

One patient had told the nurse that the end customer for the vaccine proof pays $2,000 to a third party, but the people who agree to get the shot are paid $100, according to the Global News story.

Alberta Health Services told Global News that COVID-19 vaccines are safe and adverse reactions are rare, but it’s not advised to have more doses than recommended. Getting doses too close together could increase the risk of having an adverse reaction, AHS said.

Edmonton police are now investigating the reports of vaccine fraud, and Vancouver Coastal Health says it will report any future incidents of fraud to police.

The Downtown Eastside health worker who spoke to The Tyee said the patient she spoke with was afraid of getting in trouble and was reluctant to give her information because of that fear.

She emphasized that it’s the fraudsters, not the vulnerable people being enticed to get vaccinated for money, who should face the consequences of their actions
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2022, 11:55 PM   #14290
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
^wow, that's actually really, really fucked up.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2022, 04:23 AM   #14291
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts

From reddit

Quote:
Here is some context to the Calvinism bit that apparently no one in the comments is getting:

This guy is a prof at Ferris State, which is in West Michigan. There is a large amount of religious conservatives coming from Calvinist traditions in West Michigan, many of whom are anti-vaxx or anti-mask. There is a somewhat common argument amongst religious conservatives here of "I won't get covid because it's God's will that his followers will be protected". In saying that his students are predestined to pass or fail his class, he's pointing out this argument is bullshit because divine will or not your actions do have consequences that influence the world around you, i.e. wear a mask, get your shots, social distance, study, etc.

Essentially he's half joking half making a point to his students, many of whom I presume have never left The Bubble. For those who did not grow up in the area where this guy is teaching, let me assure you that in context what he is saying is fucking hilarious and at least some of the students in his class probably could stand to benefit from critical analysis of their world view.
This prof loses it over the idea of the semester returning to in person classes over remote learning, this is his intro to the class, and the soft kids were shocked, but tbh it's quite nicely done imo

Original clip was made private, but this is an alt link

https://www.michigancapitolconfident...igned-randomly

Admin leave supposedly
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2022, 06:40 AM   #14292
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
While of course it's shitty to use another human being as a pin cushion because you don't want the poke but still want to live in this society; isn't it ironic that the police may be called to intervene but since the VPD isn't required to be vaccinated wouldn't one of them entering into a restaurant to oust a fraudster be looked at as "disturbing" like the article says? Not poking fun at the context of the article but more seeing if there is a double standard there at all in terms of legal enforcement.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:42 AM   #14293

Well that cop would have to wear a mask the entire time and wouldn’t be able to dine in said establishment so it’s not really the same.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:51 AM   #14294
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...accinated.html
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/rona...accine-mandate
Family from kelowna starting a boycott against a charity home? How ungrateful can you be trying to put other families and sick kids at risk.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:54 AM   #14295
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^ $150K+ raised so far on their gofundme
Old 01-13-2022, 08:07 AM   #14296

Fighting for our rights to put immunocompromised children in danger. This man is our generations Rosa Parks.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2022, 08:09 AM   #14297

The guy looks like the type of knob who’d argue with a barista over the temperature of a coffee
Old 01-13-2022, 08:27 AM   #14298
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Get the shot, live there for free, don't and be homeless. It looks like he's a career shit disturber, it's all calculated for social media and is finally paying off for him. $150K will buy a nice Dodge Caravan they can live in.

I made the mistake of posting on the FB link, I couldn't stand the notifications so I deleted my post.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #14299
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
^ $150K+ raised so far on their gofundme
I thought Go Fund Me cancelled anti-vaxxers fundraisers? Can they be reported?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2022, 09:35 AM   #14300
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
In the booster lineup now. First 2 doses we’re Pfizer but they’re recommending Moderna for 30+.. Moderna it is.
Got my booster booked for the 29th. Same situation so will be moderna as well
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote