REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:01 AM   #14726
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
I’d say if we are talking 5-10 at any given time, those are 5-10 out of 120 people that wouldn’t be there, and not to mention the amount of time they spend in that bed. It makes a difference.
There is basically 100% chance that they wouldn’t be there if they were vaccinated.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #14727
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Also the 'vaccine program' was meant to do a bunch of things at the same time. Yes, to ensure unvaxxed don't sit and mingle with others to spread, but also to inconvenience them to the point where they get the shot.

Axing the vaxx passport doesn't do anyone any good except pandering to the few that couldn't go to Red Robin. I can do it fumbling around holding a 2 year old, restaurant staff have no issue with it - as far as covid restrictions go it's one of the least onerous ones that affect very little of the population.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #14728
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
At this point, I feel everyone is too focused on the unvaccinated / antimask / anti mask vs mask /vaccination. This is not the main issue.

It's that we're approaching 2 years of this pandemic and the entire idea of "lock downs" and all these policies is to protect our health care system of being overloaded when shit hits the fan. So in the past 2 years, have I read any funding going towards to healthcare? Increase our ICU capacity?

I see $120 million loan to Ukraine? I guess there are a lot of Canadians there.

What I see is the incompetence of our government and leaders. Weather it's Trudeau or Horgan or Henry. They do not have a clear message and/or plan to fight this pandemic. They claim masks don't work then they say it does work. BC here, they are unwilling to test the public or have the public get access into testing themselves. Through their policies, they create more confusion among the public than the virus itself. The public doesn't even know what to listen to anymore.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #14729
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
It’s a lot easier to blame the unvaccinated than 20 years of under funded public health
Old 02-01-2022, 09:55 AM   #14730

It’s a lot easier to get a vaccine than fix 20 years of underfunded healthcare. Pretty sure there has been announcements about new funding for healthcare during all of this?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2022, 11:04 AM   #14731
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Hundreds of real truckers stuck at the Canada US boarder in Alberta because of protesters.

https://twitter.com/avnishnanda/stat...oa3-ljYPA&s=19
Old 02-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #14732
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Hundreds of real truckers stuck at the Canada US boarder in Alberta because of protesters.
Yup. One of our trucks left on Friday and is stuck there.
They were supposed to deliver on Monday in California and bring back a load of produce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:29 AM   #14733
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It’s a lot easier to get a vaccine than fix 20 years of underfunded healthcare. Pretty sure there has been announcements about new funding for healthcare during all of this?
I was listening to a podcast on this very subject a little while back, Episode 456 at the Big Story:

https://thebigstorypodcast.ca/archive/

This podcast network is part of the Rogers Media group, so I would assume it does a reasonable amount of legitimate journalistic work.

In the podcast, the guest was discussing this exact issue of how most / all political leaders in the country have promised to inject funding / expand healthcare programs, but nobody has really delivered on the promise at all. So we continue to be stuck in this conundrum.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 12:18 PM   #14734
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Yup. One of our trucks left on Friday and is stuck there.
They were supposed to deliver on Monday in California and bring back a load of produce.
Imagine protesting RE supply chain issues, and being the cause of the very thing you're protesting against. Too funny

When are these mask mandates going to end though? I'm sick of having to run back to my car after walking a few blocks and remembering that I left my stupid mask in the car.

One thing I do find very ironic about masks -- City imposed rules on straws, plastic bags, plastic in general, all in the name of the environment and climate change.

On the flip side, I haven't heard a single word about mask waste. I see them littered on the ground everywhere in Vancouver, on streets, on trails, you name it.

In Mexico, masks were littered all over the place as well. My mind likes to wonder what the environmental impact and waste is involved in creating and disposing of all these masks.

This is why we humans are destined to fail. We focus on one issue and impose pragmatic measures, spewing moral platitudes, meanwhile our response to COVID has created an entirely different issue of complete waste to the environment.

Curious if we'll see articles in the future about the "Growing disposable mask island in the Pacific", or "Philippines no longer to take the west's mask waste".

I'm being silly, but I'm really tired of wearing these fucking masks. This better be over by summer.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #14735
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-NN4XTGAZ8

https://twitter.com/avnishnanda/stat...oa3-ljYPA&s=19
What the fuck, 3 days???
Why isn't law enforcement or CAF moving these assholes??

Also you just know that when AB has supply issues because these entitles cunts deliberately held up cross-border traffic they'll blame Trudeau.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #14736
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Hmmm. Ottawa's civic government is considering legal action against GoFundMe in order to recoup the costs of policing because of the Flu Trucks Klan convoy.

FYI: It costs about $800,000 per day in policing costs.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=entnewsntp
Old 02-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #14737
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Hmmm. Ottawa's civic government is considering legal action against GoFundMe in order to recoup the costs of policing because of the Flu Trucks Klan convoy.

FYI: It costs about $800,000 per day in policing costs.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=entnewsntp
https://www.gofundme.com/f/taking-ba...om-convoy-2022

Almost $10M.

Top donation $30K. Jagmeet's brother inlaw's $13K is still showing in the top 10 donations. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:25 PM   #14738
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^ Yesterday the top donation was like $42,069 or something from www. Liar .com or something like that. Looks like it has been removed.

People were speculating it could be Elon Musk since he seems to enjoy trolling and has money to spend, but no concrete proof. He has tweeted about the whole situation multiple times.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:43 PM   #14739
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,725 Posts
Elon better be careful, I think he's getting too comfortable turning into this alt-right online troll.

I can't imagine Tesla shareholders are liking that, he could turn into a liability at some point for the company.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:50 PM   #14740
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Guys like Elon and Joe are practically orgasming over how huge their following is getting by appealing to the void left by Trump. Joe is already falling back due to the consequences, let's see what Elon does.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:59 PM   #14741
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
Lol do either really care?

That’s like all these people who spend all this time and energy making trump memes and shit while the guy is out golfing all day. They have enough money and influence to not really care about anything.

Just look at the investing thread, people love TSLA like they love apple. Elons ego might get hurt but at the end of the day he’s just bouncing back and forth being the worlds richest person
Old 02-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #14742

I think Joe cares deep inside. Otherwise he would have gone the opposite direction when the Spotify stuff started happening last week.

The fact that he got paid already shows that he doesn't have to care, and didn't have to do that video and doesn't have to make his show like it used to be (which he says he's doing but we'll see)

Elon I think truly doesn't care

Edit: I think JRE can be salvaged if Joe invites Duncan over for a show, does "an heroic dose" of mushrooms, and just resets his ego. He used to talk about people needing to do that, but he needs it as much as anyone now.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #14743

Elon clearly cares. He's the kid no one liked in high school desperately pandering to whoever will worship him. If that wasn't the case, all these people would just shut the fuck up and go do cool shit quietly.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 05:12 PM   #14744

Elon cares about attention but I don't think he cares where it comes from. For a long time he was a nerd's hero, but now he's a wannabe rich ultracapitalist weirdo hero.

Back in the day you'd see dudes with Fight Club and American Psycho posters on their walls. Now the millennial version that same type of person has NFT monkey avatars and Elon Musk retweets
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 05:17 PM   #14745
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Interprovincial vaccine passports?
Old 02-01-2022, 05:27 PM   #14746

Mad respect for this guy for having balls to stand alone surrounded by lunatics and big rig
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 08:25 PM   #14747
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Idiot never thought he might have to use it on his own people. Lets see if he does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic...re_Defence_Act

Quote:
The Critical Infrastructure Defence Act (Bill 1)[1] (the Act), is a bill in Alberta, Canada introduced into the Legislative Assembly of Alberta on February 25, 2020. It received royal assent and was passed into law on June 17, 2020.[2] The bill seeks to legally define infrastructure and create offences and penalties for those who enter, destroy, or obstruct infrastructure. The bill has drawn criticism for targeting Indigenous groups and some believe that it violates aspects of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

The bill's definition of "essential infrastructure" includes:

pipelines and related infrastructure
oil and gas production and refinery sites
utilities (electric, gas, and water)
telecommunication lines, towers, and equipment
highways
railways
mines

The bill also "allow[s] regulations to expand the definition of essential infrastructure in the future if necessary" [12]
Prohibited activities

Under the bill, individuals (without lawful right, justification or excuse) are prohibited from:

entering any essential infrastructure
damaging or destroying any essential infrastructure
obstructing, interrupting or interfering with the construction, maintenance, use or operation of any essential infrastructure in a manner that renders the essential infrastructure dangerous, useless, inoperative or ineffective
aiding, counselling, or directing another person to commit an offence under the Act (whether or not the other person actually commits the offence)
gaining permission to enter an infrastructure under false pretenses [13][1]

Penalties

Individuals prosecuted under this bill would be subject to penalties. The penalties are as follows:

For a first offence: "a fine not less than $1000 and not exceeding $10 000, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months, or to both a fine and imprisonment".
Second or subsequent offence in relation to the same premise: "a fine not less than $1000 and not exceeding $25 000, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months, or to both a fine and imprisonment"
For Corporations: "a fine not less than $10 000 and not exceeding $200 000"

Significant provisions:

"Each day that a contravention continues constitutes a separate offence."
"A peace officer may arrest, without warrant, any person the peace officer finds contravening [the Act]."[14]

https://twitter.com/RachelNotley/sta...CmD_ZZ-gd9NmaQ

Quote:
RachelNotley

We are hearing that RCMP members at the Alberta-U.S. border have been swarmed and barricades have been rammed, causing a collision.

I join calls for calm at the border and ask Albertans NOT to drive to this blockade.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:29 PM   #14748

Shit is getting closer to the fan

These idiots were happy to support more authoritarian law, thinking it would never apply to them

Well it may still not, depending on how many Freedomers are in the RCMP
Old 02-01-2022, 10:28 PM   #14749
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I can't imagine Tesla shareholders are liking that, he could turn into a liability at some point for the company.
He already has been for awhile, he isn’t on the quarterly results calls for a reason… and when he did come on the recent one by surprise he caused a massive loss to the company saying no cyber truck or roadster this year and that he wants to focus on robots instead.

Guys a fuckin clown, I’m not even invested in Tesla but I feel bad for all the people he costs thousands of dollars for his own entertainment.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #14750

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
He already has been for awhile, he isn’t on the quarterly results calls for a reason… and when he did come on the recent one by surprise he caused a massive loss to the company saying no cyber truck or roadster this year and that he wants to focus on robots instead.

Guys a fuckin clown, I’m not even invested in Tesla but I feel bad for all the people he costs thousands of dollars for his own entertainment.
As a TSLA shareholder, I honestly don't see that much of an issue.

TSLA, or Elon Musk, is not your typical blue-chip company/CEO where they follow a strict guideline and everything is about "fitting-in" the general perception of what is acceptable. He is not your usual "good" student who obeys the standard. But rather, it's about what's right.

Building EVs was right. Investing in AI that makes our life easier and more productive was right. Making a car/truck to be as simple as possible was right.

If TSLA just followed the market (car-making), pure BEV would never exist.

As for Elon's support to the truck covoy, let's just get one thing straight. He's not anti-vaxx, but rather, the continued restrictions that the gov't applies to the public without following any scientific fact at all.

Covid is in our society. By applying restrictions, such as requiring truckers to vaccinate doesn't help with the spread. A triple or even quad vaccinated trucker can still get infected and spread the covid as one without vaccine. Study has shown that Omicron variant can start spreading within a few hours of becoming infected... before any symptoms show up.

Instead of spending hundreds of millions on testing, which at this stage means little in the grand scheme of things, direct those funds to create more capacity in our medical system. Just suggest anyone who has symptoms to take their time off and stay home. Most would not develop severe conditions. And instead of putting so much resources in things that means nothing, how about let's focus on where the problem actually is: our health system is not equipped to handle large scale pandemic.

Coming back to Elon Musk... everyone is entitled to their opinion and I see no problem in him expressing his POV. You feel that he should STFU because it's against your POV and he can influence many. But what if the position is now reversed and your PoV is actually the one not accepted by the public? Again... focus on what's right. I've long stated that our gov't should focus on what actually matter: how our society and economy is going to change by taking the pandemic into account. Instead, they don't give a flying fuck and simply making policies that's about face.

They have argued that everyone should get vaccinated. But they should also talk about that getting vaccinated would not end the spread. This is not our polio/hep shot that we give to our kids so that they can build immunity. The vaccine serves no other purpose than reducing the symptoms and hide the true problem that our health system is incompetent.

You don't solve a problem by shooting the messenger. You solve the problem by actually targeting the problem. Because think about this... if we are already overwhelmed today (2yrs after covid as a matter of fact). What is going to happen when something much deadlier and easier to spread hits us? Are we just going to lock down the country a la China and wait for a year until vaccine shows up?

As mikemhg pointed out. We need to stop supporting policies that are only short term. They are ok when we are just starting to encounter the problem. But 2yrs in... wtf did we do to adapt our life to this pandemic? Nothing... we are still acting like this is just the beginning and put restrictions after restrictions. When is this going to end? If you don't tackle the problem, which is our health system... then the answer is never. We locked ourselves down when Covid first hit. 2yrs later, we are still putting restrictions that are basically lock-down lite. And assuming the pandemic is going to stay with us for a few more years... is this all this gov't can do? Restrictions after restrictions just so that we can "not overwhelm our health system?" WTF did we do in the last 2yrs with our health system?