REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:34 PM   #14651
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
All these “model citizens” that are fighting for our freedom, one meme templet comes to mind.

Spoiler!

God I love memes.
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2022, 07:00 PM   #14652
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Quote:
https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/0...ccine-protest/

With thousands of protestors swarming Ottawa, photos of the Terry Fox monument holding an upside down Canadian flag are flooding social media.

The memorial statue has been defaced with a sign saying, “mandate freedom,” wrapped around it, a flag wrapped around its neck, and an upside-down flag propped in its hand.

Terry Fox was a Canadian hero from Port Coquitlam, B.C.

In 1980, after having a leg amputated due to cancer, Fox embarked on a cross-country run to raise money and awareness for cancer research.

The Terry Fox Foundation is proud to continue Terry’s mission of funding cancer research. Terry believed in science and gave his life to help others. Thank you to all of our supporters who help us work toward realizing Terry’s dream of a world without cancer.

Brad West, the mayor of Port Coquitlam, Fox’s hometown, says he is mortified by what has been done to the monument.

“Whoever thought that was a good idea, not only is there something wrong with them and they’re thinking, but what they’ve actually done is probably the opposite of what they intended. If they had any other message that they were trying to get out their messages lost.

“Now they got probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in this country who are going to see what they did to the Terry Fox statue and be absolutely disgusted.”

West says he believes people in Port Coquitlam are going to be deeply offended by the defacement, and says he wished he was closer to Ottawa to remove the items.

“I wish we lived a little closer to Ottawa because I would be jumping in my truck, driving there and taking that crap off the statue myself.”

Crowds of trucks have jammed Ottawa streets and crowds packed Parliament Hill on Saturday to protest the federal Liberal government, vaccine mandates and COVID-19 restrictions, with thousands more expected to arrive by end-of-day.

Amidst the protest, the Trudeau family has reportedly been moved to an undisclosed location.

Police have also warned their intelligence is flagging the potential for violence. Local law enforcement is working with the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, RCMP and other agencies to identify any potential threats to public safety.

Makes my blood boil
Old 01-29-2022, 07:40 PM   #14653
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
“I wish we lived a little closer to Ottawa because I would be jumping in my truck, driving there and taking that crap off the statue myself.”
And then get jumped by Nazis
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2022, 07:54 PM   #14654
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
I'm not a vindictive person by any means, but I sure hope that those disgraceful idiots get cancer. like today.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2022, 08:20 PM   #14655
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Well none of them are vaccinated, wearing masks, or taking any sort of precautions so COVID might take out quite a few of them in the next little while. The hospitals in the area are going to be fucked though.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-29-2022, 08:29 PM   #14656
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Well they probably didn't give a shit about Covid even at it's deadliest so most of them might be fine, but they need to fuck off with this Terry Fox shit because this is the last thing he would want his name attached to.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:43 PM   #14657
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
The chucklefucks in Ottawa also desecrated the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Someone fucking DIED there trying to guard it seven years ago.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:18 PM   #14658
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
This country sucks and I hate it right now. We are just as fucking shitty as Americans. I’ve never been so embarrassed to be Canadian.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2022, 09:43 PM   #14659

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts

Lol all the YouTube comments
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2022, 10:36 PM   #14660
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
This country sucks and I hate it right now. We are just as fucking shitty as Americans. I’ve never been so embarrassed to be Canadian.
I agree that those people suck, but I don't believe it represents the vast majority of this country and I don't agree this country is something to be embarrassed of.

Just as shitty as the USA? Shit down there you have to be worried about being shot, shot by a cop, and if you happen to avoid that the bridge out of town might collapse while you're driving over it.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:10 AM   #14661
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
A good example of how easy the media can craft whatever they want. And how your views determine how you absorb it. There are 3 sides to every coin. Heads, tails and the edge. If you’re heads or tails you can’t see the other side. If you’re on the edge you can see both.

From a few pictures some revsceners have determined everyone associated with the convoy is homosexual, fat, hairy, white, Jew killing, chilliwack residing, grave stomping vandals. If that’s not enough then they are compared to Americans which there are over 300 million of.
Old 01-30-2022, 12:49 AM   #14662

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
A good example of how easy the media can craft whatever they want. And how your views determine how you absorb it. There are 3 sides to every coin. Heads, tails and the edge. If you’re heads or tails you can’t see the other side. If you’re on the edge you can see both.

From a few pictures some revsceners have determined everyone associated with the convoy is homosexual, fat, hairy, white, Jew killing, chilliwack residing, grave stomping vandals. If that’s not enough then they are compared to Americans which there are over 300 million of.
This sums it up pretty well.

temporary image host
Old 01-30-2022, 02:06 AM   #14663

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post

Yeah we really need to stop and think "I wonder what that nazi's perspective is on this?"
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 02:08 AM   #14664

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spotify stock price down 2 billion. I wonder why.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/spotify-lo...182108629.html
Old 01-30-2022, 06:12 AM   #14665

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I agree that those people suck, but I don't believe it represents the vast majority of this country and I don't agree this country is something to be embarrassed of.

Just as shitty as the USA? Shit down there you have to be worried about being shot, shot by a cop, and if you happen to avoid that the bridge out of town might collapse while you're driving over it.
The US is also the vast majority of great people. I’m more talking about perception. Seeing the stories BBC and other major worldwide broadcasters are showing. It’s sad. We look like idiots.
There are hundreds of people carrying trump banners, calling for journalists to be killed, comparing medical treatment to the holocaust. This isn’t a media spin. We see this from people every day and it’s spectacularly easy to see it becoming more prevalent. It’s spreading like wildfire. People who have never engaged in political dialogue or social media activism all of a sudden think they are freedoms fighters. Where were you when Derek Sloan attacked woman’s reproductive rights, now he’s your hero for body autonomy? Where were you when w’etsueten land defenders were blocking the path of the pipeline on unceded territory. We’re you calling for their arrest, calling them terrorists and now you are hailing the trucker convoy as heroes for doing the same because it finally inconveniences you?
It’s garbage.

*to be clear I’m not accusing you of any of this. Just using the Royal you.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by westopher; 01-30-2022 at 06:17 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 06:37 AM   #14666

Interesting graph here:

(Singapore's first case of Omicron was December 9)

They are 88% double vaxxed, 58% triple

Old 01-30-2022, 06:38 AM   #14667
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Spotify stock price down 2 billion. I wonder why.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/spotify-lo...182108629.html
Nazis, duhh.

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 08:07 AM   #14668

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 08:26 AM   #14669
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,910 Posts
If the worst this gets is some people draping a flag on Terry Fox statue and putting a placard on him, this is tame. If this was a rally or march for the environment (something presumably most of us would be on board for), you'd still get some antifa weirdos ... to have shit disturbers at any event, especially one this size is to be expected but I'm with MarkyMark ... I don't think the cray crays are as many as the media makes it out to be so don't drink the coolaid. Hell even at a local car meet, you get some dumbasses burning out, drawing attention to the cops, and ruining it for everyone else.

It begs the question if this could be all avoided. A few of us (El Bastard) had a short exchange about whether a vaccine mandate was necessary for truckers and of all the sectors that the gov't wanted to pick a fight with, I don't think this was necessary. Healthcare workers and others who work with vulnerable people, yes. But truckers?? I just don't think they interact with a whole lot of people to be of concern for spreading ... just make them mask up and social distance. You ticked them off and now all the freedom fighters are joining their convoy while you're hiding in some bunker.

On one news clip, I saw a trucker show the code of conduct that they signed in order to participate in this ... including no violence, peaceful, etc. I think the original reason for this convoy - namely no vaccines for truck drivers is legitimate. (oh before you go off, I am triple vaxx'd)
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:28 AM   #14670
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The US is also the vast majority of great people. I’m more talking about perception. Seeing the stories BBC and other major worldwide broadcasters are showing. It’s sad. We look like idiots.
There are hundreds of people carrying trump banners, calling for journalists to be killed, comparing medical treatment to the holocaust. This isn’t a media spin. We see this from people every day and it’s spectacularly easy to see it becoming more prevalent. It’s spreading like wildfire. People who have never engaged in political dialogue or social media activism all of a sudden think they are freedoms fighters. Where were you when Derek Sloan attacked woman’s reproductive rights, now he’s your hero for body autonomy? Where were you when w’etsueten land defenders were blocking the path of the pipeline on unceded territory. We’re you calling for their arrest, calling them terrorists and now you are hailing the trucker convoy as heroes for doing the same because it finally inconveniences you?
It’s garbage.

*to be clear I’m not accusing you of any of this. Just using the Royal you.
There's a certain large, local Facebook car group that has convoy supporters telling people who were against the "protests" to "turn off the TV because of the media spin". It works both ways, but the sudden activists get their shit from potentially compromised sources on Twitter and Facebook. Nuance is not allowed, and the American practice of taking sides is becoming a problem.

Most of these people aren't that politically engaged, they're just showing their true colours off the back of a political issue.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:13 AM   #14671

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
A bunch of Karen convoy protesters harassed staff at a soup kitchen. What a bunch of losers! This soup kitchen is there to help marginalized people, homeless people, of society.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/0...-soup-kitchen/

Shepherds of Good Hope
@sghottawa

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Earlier today, our staff and volunteers experienced harassment from convoy protestors seeking meals from our soup kitchen. The individuals were given meals to diffuse the conflict. Management was then informed of the issue and no further meals were given to protesters.
Our soup kitchen is committed to providing meals to people experiencing and at risk of homelessness in Ottawa. This weekend’s events have caused significant strain to our operations at an already difficult time.

Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson denounced the actions of the demonstrators seeking meals at Shepherds of Good Hope.

“Completely unacceptable behaviour by these convoy members,” he tweeted Sunday morning. “Harassing volunteers and staff at a homeless shelter is a new low and severely damages the credibility of these protesters.

Where are the organizers to denounce these outrageous actions?”

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-30-2022 at 09:25 AM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 09:36 AM   #14672
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Convoy supporters are saying the nazis are political plants from trudeau
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:57 AM   #14673

“dO yOuR oWn ReSeArCh! I ReAd It oN rEbEl NeWs”
Old 01-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #14674
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,351 Times in 5,654 Posts
Want to delegitimize anything? Pay a homeless guy to wear a maga hat and wave a nazi flag.

While I don’t think Trudeau is paying anyone to wave nazi flags, I think simply dismissing the chance that people are there with ulterior motives is fairly ignorant. We already know it’s 100% happened in the past with things like the Olympics here etc.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:12 AM   #14675

I don't think any of us think that there aren't people with ulterior motives there looking to delegitimize it.
I also don't think that there aren't people that delegitimize it themselves with stupidity in this group. The whole dissolution of government, Trudeau resignation, ZERO restrictions, comparison to nazi Germany, communism, white nationalism, etc has been in it from the start.
Is everyone there a nazi Nutjob? Of course not. Some people just want to go out for brunch without being vaccinated, which I certainly don't support either, but it's a lot less absurd. The volume of people there flying trump flags and being apart of the horrible things mentioned above can't be ignored though. It's not like it's only 3 people.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: