REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:18 AM   #14676
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
Unless you’re there I think it’s pretty hard to say that one way or another. Obviously the media would be more than happy to run a loop of the same 3 guys with maga hats all day long

On IG I’ve come across posts where people there are calling out the guy with a confederate flag until he eventually leaves, a guy who is completely covered head to toe, cannot tell who he is etc. obviously global news ain’t gonna be running shots like that.
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2022, 10:25 AM   #14677
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,188 Times in 2,004 Posts
I heard news 1130 report that the MAJORITY of the people have been peaceful. But that isn't 'newsworthy' so of course the cray crays get the attention. So far, I think it's fine. I believe in well thought out mandates but in this case, not necessary for truckers.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:53 AM   #14678
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,136 Times in 3,972 Posts
85+% of truckers are vaccinated dude.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:57 AM   #14679

^ ... so, what's your point? If 85% of them are already vaccinated, do you really want to mandate the other 15%? Shouldn't gov't be happy? I think that's the same for healthcare workers ... 85-90% and that's with a mandate.

Are you saying that you support government mandating truckers to be vaccinated? If so, let's discuss or debate that point. As I have stated above and before, I DO NOT think it was necessary to mandate all truck drivers to be vaccinated based on their work.

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-30-2022 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:26 AM   #14680

The mandate is for cross border truckers who do not want to quarantine after crossing. The US has the same rule. They do not need to be vaccinated to work domestically. The mandate has little to no impact on actual trucking operations. Acting like the convoy is representing all truckers is false.

This convoy isn't just about that one mandate though. Still acting like it is is laughable.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 01-30-2022, 11:35 AM   #14681
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
A good example of how easy the media can craft whatever they want. And how your views determine how you absorb it. There are 3 sides to every coin. Heads, tails and the edge. If you’re heads or tails you can’t see the other side. If you’re on the edge you can see both.

From a few pictures some revsceners have determined everyone associated with the convoy is homosexual, fat, hairy, white, Jew killing, chilliwack residing, grave stomping vandals. If that’s not enough then they are compared to Americans which there are over 300 million of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah we really need to stop and think "I wonder what that nazi's perspective is on this?"
The fact that this is the take-away is quite sad and shows exactly how bad the divide really is. Waiting for surgery? Well then anyone who isn't vaccinated is a brainwashed racist piece of shit. You basically killed Terry Fox at this point. Easy dot connection and hill to die on. Tired of all this media manipulation and government overreach and want to fight for freedom? Easy dot connection and hill to die on.

Both hate being Canadian right now. Jesus fucking Christ
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 03:04 PM   #14682

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The mandate is for cross border truckers who do not want to quarantine after crossing. The US has the same rule. They do not need to be vaccinated to work domestically. The mandate has little to no impact on actual trucking operations. Acting like the convoy is representing all truckers is false.

This convoy isn't just about that one mandate though. Still acting like it is is laughable.
Convoy started with this one mandate which snowballed into other things.

You still haven't given any good reason as to why this mandate needed to be made. Just because US has it is not a good reason bro. Do you want Canada to implement or relax all guidelines based on what US is doing ... no, didn't think so. Can you explain why it is needed based on their work?
Old 01-30-2022, 07:33 PM   #14683
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,014 Times in 8,292 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 07:35 PM   #14684
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Value dropped by 40% in the last month?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 07:43 PM   #14685

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Convoy started with this one mandate which snowballed into other things.

You still haven't given any good reason as to why this mandate needed to be made. Just because US has it is not a good reason bro. Do you want Canada to implement or relax all guidelines based on what US is doing ... no, didn't think so. Can you explain why it is needed based on their work?

From my understanding this isn't a new mandate for truckers, they're just losing their exemption from the 14 day quarantine period that applies to anyone who is unvaccinated. This change applies to emergency service providers and marine researchers as well. They aren't making anything new.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ons/exemptions

As for whether or not they should lose that exemption, the people who have made that decision on both sides of the border have access to far more data and information than you or I do. I'm going to choose to believe that they used that to come to an informed decision about it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-30-2022, 08:25 PM   #14686

Thanked 7,500 Times in 3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
I heard news 1130 report that the MAJORITY of the people have been peaceful. But that isn't 'newsworthy' so of course the cray crays get the attention. So far, I think it's fine. I believe in well thought out mandates but in this case, not necessary for truckers.
If it's not newsworthy why was it on newsworthy 1130?
Old 01-31-2022, 12:47 AM   #14687

Got boosted 24 hours ago (3x BioNTech) and feel fine except my temp is just starting to creep up over the last few hours. Went from 36.3 to 36.8 so far

Edit: 37.1

11pm, fever gone, feel fine now
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 03:02 AM   #14688

Old 01-31-2022, 05:43 AM   #14689
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Holy fuck, you guys. This shit is making the news down here. Its really an incoherent look for these guys.

Why are there Trump flags in Ottawa? Why are there Confederate battle flags in Ottawa? Why is there a Gadsden "Don't Tread on Me" flag in Ottawa?

This is fucking embarrassing. Can't people get their own goddamn branding? They have to co-opt American branding.
They can't go on Fiverr and pay some goddamned Romanian some pocket change for an original design and vector file that they can send to the print shop that doesn't represent a foreign country's interest? What is this smoothbrained garbage? And I don't know if they're supporting the Nazis or comparing Trudeau to a Nazi but why would you buy a Nazi flag to carry into this protest? And why would you deface a Canadian flag with a swastika when you're trying to take an anti-authoritarian stance? Get your shit together.

Do these people not have an original thought in their fucking heads?

And they're too poor to feed themselves so they're going to soup kitchens and homeless shelters? What about the millions of dollars they've raised on GoFundMe?

If this is about cross border trucking, why are they jamming up one of the borders?

Jagmeet Singh claims that this is about white supremacy but his own brother in law donated a LOT of money to the convoy and had to be shamed into asking for it back.

They have no plan here except to go to Ottawa and be angry. They're hinting at violence too?

Wave your flags of failed nations all you want, and piss on memorials to soldiers who were braver than you'll ever be, but your ability to maintain a protest in Ontario in the dead of winter is limited, especially when you're competing with homeless people for food.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 06:01 AM   #14690

There's going to be good people protesting, and bad people protesting. Most media will only show the bad ones, because it's more exciting. There is also the possibility of agents provocateur

I disagree with the protest, but not the ability to protest. I'm glad it's been peaceful so far
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 07:05 AM   #14691
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,206 Posts
I think some one had a recommendation for parking at the convention center for the shot? Going there later today.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 07:43 AM   #14692
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,573 Times in 851 Posts
I'm super confused, we had TWO protests going on this weekend? One in Van/BC for Highway conditions, and one all over for the "Freedoms of Canada" convoy?

Or was it all one big thing?
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 07:43 AM   #14693

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Holy fuck, you guys. This shit is making the news down here. Its really an incoherent look for these guys.

Why are there Trump flags in Ottawa? Why are there Confederate battle flags in Ottawa? Why is there a Gadsden "Don't Tread on Me" flag in Ottawa?
Not as bad as FOX and Texas news makes it out to be. It certainly is ringing a bell to the cray crays out there. For sure, there are pro-Trump Americans in Ottawa, saw reports of US truckers from Detroit crossing the border to join the convoy. Also read that Eurpoeans are thinking of copycatting a truckers convoy for freedom.

The businesses near the Parliament will be suffering the longer this goes because most of them have closed as a precaution.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:26 AM   #14694

JT tested positive for Covid ... no surprise. Those of you with young kids know how hard it is to isolate if family member has it. He should be fine, young, healthy, surfer and boxer athlete.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...tawa-1.6333316
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 08:27 AM   #14695
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
I'm super confused, we had TWO protests going on this weekend? One in Van/BC for Highway conditions, and one all over for the "Freedoms of Canada" convoy?

The one in vancouver was last Saturday and completely unrelated to the “freedom” convoy.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 08:31 AM   #14696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post

It was related in that some weren't as invested and couldn't or didn't want to spend weeks and $$ driving their Vanderbilt to Ottawa so they just did a baby convoy in their respective towns and cities. It happened in many cities across Canada in support of the mother one.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 10:27 AM   #14697
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,883 Times in 2,539 Posts
a convoy of cars were honking horns with hazards on with various flags going up & down west broadway in the cambie/oak area saturday afternoon. i was only in the area for about an hour.

some of the banners were freedom of choice, no mask/vax mandates, and 1 i saw was related to support indian farmers.

not the 1st time i've seen a convoy in the area on a saturday. i just assumed it's a regular thing now.

in the summer i recall seeing huge protests that blocked traffic completely, though i wasn't sure what the cause was...

i guess it's the area of choice now as it's a stone's throw from city hall? :shrug:

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:43 AM   #14698
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,469 Posts
One thing I’ve definitely noticed in this pandemic and all the resulting political discussion is that the people who really feel the most jilted definitely do not understand which level of government they’re supposed to complain to or how the various governments even work/interact here.

Just super poor levels of education all around.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:21 AM   #14699
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I think some one had a recommendation for parking at the convention center for the shot? Going there later today.
Park under the sails, not on the new side.
Take the parking stub and they will give you a 1 hr parking voucher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 12:02 PM   #14700
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,730 Times in 1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
One thing I’ve definitely noticed in this pandemic and all the resulting political discussion is that the people who really feel the most jilted definitely do not understand which level of government they’re supposed to complain to or how the various governments even work/interact here.

Just super poor levels of education all around.
This is so true.

Canadians referring to their "constitutional rights", or like the stupidity of the trucker's protest organizers asking to disband the federal government by way of the Senate and the Governor General...it's like tell me you're dumb without telling me you're dumb.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote