REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-31-2022, 12:22 PM   #14701
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
I’m in support of protest (kinda)

But if you come to me and start quoting the constitution or Geneva convention, sorry but ya lost me lol

What I find really annoying now is when the hardcore anti-vax or the veiled anti vaxxer who is about the rights etc. all of a sudden starts using events or statistics now to somehow justify some kind of reinforced stance on the matter?

Like, I’ve told people, we are well into this, I’m relatively well informed on the matter, I’ve made my informed choices, I’m happy with them. There isn’t going to be some “new info” about how the media is influenced by hedge funds to prop up Pfizer shares that is all of a sudden going to make me flip lol..
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2022, 12:31 PM   #14702
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
I only really started to get upset when I found out my sperm was worth less
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 12:39 PM   #14703
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
My understanding is a lot of the protesters are paying out of pocket for food and hotel. How long before they run out of money and have to go home?
Old 01-31-2022, 12:42 PM   #14704
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Heard on the news they got like 9 million in donations? But then they also made a scene everywhere for not wearing masks or following rules and they were eating at homeless kitchens
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 12:45 PM   #14705
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
My understanding is a lot of the protesters are paying out of pocket for food and hotel. How long before they run out of money and have to go home?
Duh they’re on CERB… which I’m sure they are not protesting the allocation or administration of hahah

Gofundme is not releasing the funds collected last I heard
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 01:31 PM   #14706

They also forced a Sikh temple to close.

Old 01-31-2022, 02:36 PM   #14707

Oh no.. a temporary disruption to a tax-free religious society..
Old 01-31-2022, 03:08 PM   #14708
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I think you've missed the point.

Regardless of religion Gurdwaras provide food to needy on a regular and very generous basis.

They closed to make a statement.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 03:39 PM   #14709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The Golden temple is the worlds largest free kitchen, provides 100K free meals a day and is open 24/7.

The Indian farm protests lasted for over a year. It was the worlds largest protest. Food was cooked on site and no one went hungry including the poor who lived in the area and the police who beat the protesters.

This freedom convoy has raised over 9 million. How come none of that money has gone to food for the protesters? How come they have not set up warming shelters so people don't have to stand in the -22 degree weather?

I wonder what 5 star hotel the organizers are staying at and wonder what fancy restaurants they are eating at.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:12 PM   #14710

Nevermind
Old 01-31-2022, 04:40 PM   #14711
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,725 Posts
It's hard to take this "movement" seriously, if you peer behind the curtain, it's quite evident its organizers. This is CLEARLY a PPC/Wexit movement. Their only focus is on the liberal party and Trudeau, but why exactly?

Who runs Alberta, who runs Ontario for that matter? The Conservative Party.

How come the cracker corral isn't showing up on Doug Ford's door? Why is their only focus on Trudeau, when their own provinces have full say in terms of how to impose mandates, Ontario had far greater restrictions then we ever did in BC.

I'm against these mandates at this point, but this cracker corral is a fucking joke, they don't even know who they stand for, or who they should be against (or maybe they do, and this whole mandate crap is just subterfuge for their greater issues). You know... taking "our country" back.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 07:08 PM   #14712
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
It's hard to take this "movement" seriously, if you peer behind the curtain, it's quite evident its organizers. This is CLEARLY a PPC/Wexit movement.

Wexit, definitely. PPC, no. No word in the backends of the PPC on organization of this thing but PPC members are definitely wanting this to harm the Liberals. Max, however, who is literally the party, "supports Canadian truckers" and uses a bunch of loose statements to signal support without endorsing something that could turn violent. His email to party members says as such but he stands to benefit from an embarrassment to the Cons or the Liberal Party.

Wexit was a grift from the start. Or is the Maverick Party? Or is it the Canadian Heritage Party? Its all a patchwork of people chasing easy money. In any case, everything you needed to know about this event you found out when you read that people are going to soup kitchens for meals when millions of dollars were donated.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 08:44 PM   #14713

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
How come none of that money has gone to food for the protesters? How come they have not set up warming shelters so people don't have to stand in the -22 degree weather?
I find it hilarious that some literally drove semi trucks to the protest but apparently didn't bring any supplies or anything with them.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:57 AM   #14714

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I find it hilarious that some literally drove semi trucks to the protest but apparently didn't bring any supplies or anything with them.
I hear some of the truckers are starting to run low on fuel.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:18 AM   #14715
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
I doubt this is true. There are at least 10 kfcs in Ottawa.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:30 AM   #14716
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Apparently, based on trucker comms, they are working with police to allow them to bring in jerry cans of fuel into downtown.

They said its up to the descretion of the police officer to allow them or not to pass the barricades with the jerry cans using ATVs (bylaw ticket if officer chooses to) or pickup trucks. And that they were working with some officers who were cooperating and will let them through.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:45 AM   #14717
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
^ kabooooom !!!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:48 AM   #14718
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
There’s another trucker convoy blocking working truckers from returning to Canada on the 405 apparently?
United they stand…..
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:21 AM   #14719

https://apple.news/A8l7i9KD4Ta-S-TvrVov_pg

Quote:
Premier Scott Moe says the provincial vaccine requirement program is expected to be scrapped by the end of the month.
In a news conference on Monday, Moe made the claim that COVID-19 vaccines no longer reduce the transmission of the Omicron variant and as a result, the vaccines are no longer required.
"People are asking their government for a return to normal, a removal of public health restrictions," he said.
"It is time for us as a government to do what Saskatchewan people are asking for."
All the while dix and Bonnie giggling on their power trip behind the curtains?
Old 02-01-2022, 08:29 AM   #14720
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
^did you even read the article.
Quote:
Many health professionals have spoken out against Moe's stance, saying his information is incorrect.

Opposition leader Ryan Meili said he strongly disagrees with the plan and believes Moe is relying on false information.

"It's idiotic. I cannot imagine someone in a leadership role displaying such extreme ignorance," he said.

"He's ignoring expert virologists. He's ignoring epidemiologists. He's ignoring [chief medical health officer] Dr. Shahab."
It's literally a politician making populist statements, and this is somehow the role model now? Boris Johnson did literally the same thing, but of course it's in no way related to what's happening to him now right?

And while the imagery of Dix and BH giggling in secrecy is somewhat funny, to call it a "power trip" is pretty ignorant. What actually is a power trip is making large scale decisions based on opinion for political gain, which is arguably just as ignorant.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 08:30 AM   #14721

The opposition leader coming out against it, unheard of.

Do you actually think the vaccine passport is limiting transmission at this point? Is it doing anything it was set out to anymore?
Old 02-01-2022, 08:38 AM   #14722

I’d be in support of everything being lifted except the vaccine passport and masks.
Vaccinated people absolutely are transmitting, however they are clearly contributing to the ICU being LESS of an issue.
As long as the unvaccinated are taking up hospital beds they are still an issue. People who shouldn’t be as affected by this disease have the opportunity to protect themselves, and are still choosing not to. If they can go to restaurants, concerts, hockey games, etc. it’s quite clear what the results will be.
Yes, most will be fine, but the odds point to the fact that they are the difference maker for the issues in the health system. Of course old people are still going to be the majority of those needing treatment, but until they have a being old vaccine, it’s not a choice for them to suffer that they are making
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #14723

70%+ of new cases in Alberta are fully vaccinated people with 26% of those having 3 shots

The ICU numbers are just increasingly leaning towards an older and older demographic of unvaccinated people. While the younger unvaccinated makes up almost zero cases in the ICU or even hospitalizations.

It’s just getting crazy that we crumble as a society to keep unvaccinated elderly alive lol.. like if you want to point fingers at people, that’s your demo. Unvaccinated young people at this point in the pandemic aren’t driving it. A 25 year old cancer patient can’t get chemo because an 80 year old unvaccinated fuck clinging to life yelling “I don’t regret anything!!” It’s so gross.

When the percentage of people fully vaccinated make up the same rate of new cases, seems like the vaccines aren’t really that great at preventing infection. As per the sask article.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:52 AM   #14724

Yeah I agree with that part, but there’s also unvaccinated younger people getting sick, needing treatment and dying. As I said, unvaccinated covid cases should be back of the line for any treatment and we’d literally solve our problems.
If you are unvaccinated and need to be hospitalized, and there’s no space, here’s a free Spotify membership. Check out the joe Rogan experience and please follow up in a couple months with anything you found out that worked for you.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2022, 08:58 AM   #14725

VERY VERY few. I quote the Alberta numbers because they are easier to read compared to that live graph Bc has. However Alberta’s numbers show that the amount of people unvaccinated, under 60 is pretty inconsequential to the health care impact.