REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:52 PM   #10826
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Got pfizer yesterday, logged into the healthcare gateway and it says July 14th for me too. I'm not too concerned about that date as it takes a bit for the first dose to build up to its full efficacy anyway.
Advertisement
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #10827
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
-latest update from Dr. Bonnie:

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – B.C. is shortening the gap between the first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccine for those who receive Pfizer or Moderna for their first shot. They will only have to wait eight weeks to be fully inoculated.

The province previously required 16 weeks between doses, in an effort to get more first doses into the arms of British Columbians more quickly. That interval was then lowered to 13 weeks. Now, it’s just eight.

“About 400,000 people over the age of 70 and clinically extremely vulnerable will start receiving their invites today,” Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said Thursday
Old 05-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #10828
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Love how every presser lately is

“ICU is down by 8!”

A few minutes later “and I’m sorry to report 8 more deaths”
Old 05-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #10829
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
You should be able to call Air Canada and ask for a full cash refund now. I got mine, a year after they issued me a credit on a flight I decided I wouldn't go on in May 2020.
I might do that, the worst is Disney fuck those guys. They take 4-5 weeks to reply to each email, do exactly what they say then they move the goal line. For the first year they wouldn't even entertain refunds, now they say they will refund but you have to call, the rub is I haven't been able to get through in 4 months.

I think they have one person answering calls maybe with 1 person allowed in que, if que is full they hang up on you. I've went to my credit card trying to get them to do a charge back but I think the length of time is way to long.

I honestly don't think I'll ever go to Disneyland again due to how poorly they handled this I know eventually I'll get a refund but for fucks sakes, they're just a small indie company so I shouldn't be expecting that much I guess. Sorry son but if you want to go you can go when you have kids.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:12 PM   #10830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Love how every presser lately is

“ICU is down by 8!”

A few minutes later “and I’m sorry to report 8 more deaths”
8-8-8 wia!!!
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #10831
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
That’s only seven weeks from your first dose. No one who’s gotten Pfizer is getting it faster than that.
Yeah mine was listed as 7 weeks as well, I got Pfizer last week.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #10832
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,372 Times in 1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I might do that, the worst is Disney fuck those guys. They take 4-5 weeks to reply to each email, do exactly what they say then they move the goal line. For the first year they wouldn't even entertain refunds, now they say they will refund but you have to call, the rub is I haven't been able to get through in 4 months.

I think they have one person answering calls maybe with 1 person allowed in que, if que is full they hang up on you. I've went to my credit card trying to get them to do a charge back but I think the length of time is way to long.

I honestly don't think I'll ever go to Disneyland again due to how poorly they handled this I know eventually I'll get a refund but for fucks sakes, they're just a small indie company so I shouldn't be expecting that much I guess. Sorry son but if you want to go you can go when you have kids.
Just call your CC company and start the Chargeback process. Took me like 10 minutes on the phone with them. I did it because IcelandAir was dragging their feet on refunds and just told Mastercard to Chargeback. I got credited back within the month. Just keep records of all your correspondence with Disney that show what slow-asses they are in case your CC company asks.

With Air Canada the only reason they're giving refunds now is because the Feds bailed them out. We're basically as taxpayers paying for everyone's refunds so you might as well get it while you can since it's your money.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2021, 04:23 PM   #10833

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Another trick someone told me to try. I used my pts to book flights for my cousin's family to come see me. Unfortunately my cousin in law's dad passed away and they needed to go back to HK. This was in Dec 2019. So A/C through aventura gave me back credits and extended them due to covid after for another 24 months.

The BS thing now is that I have to book and complete the travel by Nov 15 2021. I called and say how can my cousin who's US citizen can come up here during Covid and border still closed. They're not going to quarantine. The rep told me to check back in again in July to see if there are changes if not, he said once it's expired, maybe claim your credit card insurance for full money back.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:43 PM   #10834
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
lol, you're not a guinea pig if you lined up with everyone else to get it.
I am just more choked that AZ's not accelerated despite the gov't telling us weeks ago that the best shot is the one that's immediately available and so we went out of our way to get it despite knowing its lower efficacy.

Had we known to wait, could've gotten Pfizer just a few weeks later AND had a faster gap for the 2nd shot.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:11 PM   #10835
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I am just more choked that AZ's not accelerated despite the gov't telling us weeks ago that the best shot is the one that's immediately available and so we went out of our way to get it despite knowing its lower efficacy.

Had we known to wait, could've gotten Pfizer just a few weeks later AND had a faster gap for the 2nd shot.
their messaging is all over the damn place

'take the first shot you can get'

so can we go get it in WA/MN/NY etc. that are just throwing out expiring doses?

*tries to look competent* 'no, rollout is going well now in canada'

also 'there's data to support 3mos between doses is more effective'...'8 weeks confirmed'

then you have varying recommendations at the national level versus provincial...
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #10836
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,965 Times in 1,894 Posts
Does anyone know how the Covid app works? How does it know that you have been in contact with someone positive? Does it use Google location tracking?
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:22 PM   #10837

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
I thought they used Bluetooth?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:41 PM   #10838

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Old 05-28-2021, 04:38 PM   #10839
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
STFU, John Adams. /rant.

He's suffering.................... oh no. boo, hoo, hoo....
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:12 PM   #10840

For some reason, Manic! gets real upset and defensive if anyone says one itty bitty bad thing about JT.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:25 PM   #10841
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Does anyone know how the Covid app works? How does it know that you have been in contact with someone positive? Does it use Google location tracking?
Bluetooth. App keeps a list of the anonymized tokens of other app users you come within close range via Bluetooth.

The idea was if you test positive for covid, you get an activation code to punch into the app. Other app users that you ran into previously would get alerted that they were in contact with a covid+. They'd be expected to self monitor or get tested.

Bc gov decided not to take part so app isn't that useful here.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2021, 01:33 AM   #10842

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
For some reason, Manic! gets real upset and defensive if anyone says one itty bitty bad thing about JT.
More like don't want fuckrs from the US coming to the Island. Keeped it closed as long as possible.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:40 PM   #10843
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Just got my shot (Moderna), doing my part so we can hit 70% and everyone on RS can get a free lunch right? Thats how it works right?
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:22 PM   #10844
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,619 Posts
My friend just sent this:

Quote:
Coquitlam poirier has 90+ moderna extra. Does anyone need? Min 4 weeks from first dose. If interested I need NAME phone number and date of last dose if second dose. and they have to go now
anyone interested? this is happening right this second
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2021, 08:50 PM   #10845
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
My friend just sent this:

anyone interested? this is happening right this second
Can I go if I had AZ as my first dose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:55 PM   #10846
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Update, out of vaccines, shutting down for the night at Porier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2021, 09:01 PM   #10847
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Can I go if I had AZ as my first dose?
Last I checked there isn't any evidence to support doing this yet. If you got AZ for first dose, you are getting AZ for the second. Waiting for results of the study in the UK to be finalized.
Spoiler!

Last edited by spoon.ek9; 05-31-2021 at 01:06 PM.
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2021, 05:46 PM   #10848
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Looks like I'll be eating out again, as restaurants will start offering 30% off to vaccinated customers

Also there's a lucky draw for a $10M flat for vaccinated people. Govt is trying to get more companies to offer incentives... I guess they know that any incentive they offer, people have no interest in. One of the few moments of them being aware of something.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:15 PM   #10849
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,383 Times in 5,083 Posts
Sad.

You think anyone in India needs $ to volunteer to be vaccinated right now?

One of the single most world changing scientific accomplishments of modern man is vaccines and here we are having to offer people discounts on food to allow society to even move forward on taking them.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2021, 08:35 PM   #10850

Is there any constructive way to discuss getting vaccines with Anti-Vaccers? Or is it a lost cause? I have family that sent me a video of Dr. Sherri Tenpenny who is the leading cuckoo of the movement.