REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #11051
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightKeeper View Post
Obviously when you have physical impairment, you shouldn't be operating or applying to any job that requires you to work with a machine.

But for other disease like cancer, flu, diabetes, covid, herpes, whatever. There is no reason for disclosing any of that to your employer.

Furthermore, I saw a new piece on someone driving home AFTER getting the covid shot and they passed out at the wheel and caused a huge accident. This is something similar to what you're saying. DO NOT DRIVE AFTER YOU GET YOUR SHOT.
Luckily for the person I've made up, so long as he hasn't passed out at all within a 5 year period they're allowed to keep their commercial license and use it as if there's nothing wrong. However, if they happen to have an accident at home while walking through the kitchen or driving down their alley way their commercial license is suspended again. BUT that's only if they admit something happened. They can pass out while putting on their shoes in the morning... if nobody saw it happen... did it actually happen?

It may be walking on glass turning them down from a job as it's a medical discrimination. They've a license to work and as far as a Dr. is concerned the person is perfectly healthy and capable so long as meds are taken as prescribed. It's an honor system.

If we're going to say do not drive after you get a covid shot, we might as well follow what the label on all over the counter pills such as Tylenol/Buckley's cough pills etc say. "You may experience drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery" and so on. Take a shot/pill of anything and put yourself out of commission for 12 hours to self monitor?
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:10 PM   #11052
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,423 Times in 5,103 Posts
If I had sex with my coworker they’d be legally obligated to tell me if they have HIV and it’s veritably impossible for me to catch it otherwise.

You really want to get into the whole COVID = Same as the flu thing?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #11053
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Last edited by zyzzjr; 06-23-2021 at 10:41 PM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:13 PM   #11054

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
If I had sex with my coworker they’d be legally obligated to tell me if they have HIV and it’s veritably impossible for me to catch it otherwise.

You really want to get into the whole COVID = Same as the flu thing?
The point is that you were already surrounded by all kinds of virus either at public place or work place. What changed is the sudden mentality of people that others are unclean.

I'm not going in to covid = common flu thing, even though they are statistically the same.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:16 PM   #11055
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

For the anti-vaxxers in here, I see a few, if your employer says "OK, we won't ask if you have been vaccinated or not, but it is required that you wear your mask anytime you leave your desk or talk to anyone. If you have been vaccinated, then you may choose to wear a mask or not."

So, for you guys who refuse to vaccinate...and tell your employer about it, will you be wear a mask or not and breach of your employer's health and safety protocols?

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #11056
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzjr View Post
If I'm fully vaccinated by 2 shots, why should i be worried about being around others who aren't vaccinated?
Because 2 shots =/= 100% protection.

If you wore a condom, but it's only 90% effective, would you have sex with someone with HIV?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:23 PM   #11057
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,423 Times in 5,103 Posts
Quote:
The point is that you were already surrounded by all kinds of virus either at public place or work place. What changed is the sudden mentality of people that others are unclean.

I'm not going in to covid = common flu thing, even though they are statistically the same.
Nope I’ve always assumed other people are filthy, don’t wash their hands after the bathroom, pick their noses, scratch their balls, touch everything, have fans at their desks they cough into.

That said, nothing they ever coughed out could put me in the hospital with a life threatening condition before this. In order for your theory to be true Covid would have to be no more dangerous than the common flu, so you are making that argument whether you think you are or not.

It’s up to you if you want to continue believing that stupidity.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #11058

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Just give incentives to show you're vaccinated perhaps. People who can prove they have both shots have the option of wearing a mask if they want, everyone else has to keep the mask on. Doesn't have to be that persay but I'm sure there's more creative ways to make it an "optional" choice to show you're vaccinated.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #11059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
For the anti-vaxxers in here, I see a few, if your employer says "OK, we won't ask if you have been vaccinated or not, but it is required that you wear your mask anytime you leave your desk or talk to anyone. If you have been vaccinated, then you may choose to wear a mask or not."

So, for you guys who refuse to vaccinate...and tell your employer about it, will you be wear a mask or not and breach of your employer's health and safety protocols?
I'll admit I guess I'm an "anti-vaxxer" because I don't see the benefit of taking this drug. I'm far from anti-vaccine though. Many people who take this shot does not understand. This is NOT the traditional whole cooked virus vaccine. So far, only Sinovac from China is and there is very little funding for this approach of vaccine. Also, there is always a risk when you inject something into your system.

For me personally, wearing a mask is where I drew the line. I did not mind wearing a mask throughout the last year. So when you ask if employer says vaccinated can take off their masks, I wouldn't care at all. But don't you think that is prejudice?
Old 06-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #11060
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Quote:

This is a very quick way to prove that you won’t really bring anything to the table here.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #11061

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That said, nothing they ever coughed out could put me in the hospital with a life threatening condition before this. In order for your theory to be true Covid would have to be no more dangerous than the common flu, so you are making that argument whether you think you are or not.

It’s up to you if you want to continue believing that stupidity.
Yes, you can say covid and the common flu are different things, but the stats are very similar. Two different things having similar results is not out of the ordinary.

Of course we can believe what we want. It's up to you and I respect that.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:43 PM   #11062

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
This is a very quick way to prove that you won’t really bring anything to the table here.
Westopher, that's all I have to say, man.

I'll leave this discussion up to you guys.
I just thought some opposing opinions would spark discussion, but obviously this topic is beaten to death and people already made up their mind.

All the best to you all on your decision in this topic.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #11063

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I can get my 2nd AZ shot on Thursday if i wanted to and im really tempted to do so.

But im opting to get the Pfizer just cause of the effectiveness and it also protects me from additional variants. Hopefully i get a booking text by next week
i'm currently booked for my 2nd shot of AZ on the 28th

i was thinking of going pfizer but my wife who works in health care has been talking to upper level doctors and they've been telling her for me to go 2 shot AZ
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:50 PM   #11064

Last edited by zyzzjr; 06-23-2021 at 10:41 PM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #11065
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
So you're saying even if you and I are both fully vaccinated, we could still get covid? Why did I bother getting vaccinated with my first dosage at all, and risk all the long term side affects?
The chances of it becoming a serious illness are drastically reduced if you are vaccinated. You won't end up in the hospital. That is why.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #11066

Thanked 1,725 Times in 893 Posts
^so you don't die on the spot, look at India. From what I've been sold its to lessen the symptoms, you can still get it, just less likely to die and have bad symptoms. You can also still be a carrier if you're vaccinated.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #11067
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
So you're saying even if you and I are both fully vaccinated, we could still get covid? Why did I bother getting vaccinated with my first dosage at all, and risk all the long term side affects?
The COVID vaccines available in Canada have been shown to be extremely effective in reducing your chances of developing severe symptoms or dying from COVID. The mild cases rarely leave behind any long term side effects.

Additionally, even if a vaccinated person gets sick, the transmissibility of the virus from that person seems to be dramatically lower as well.

Last edited by Traum; 06-15-2021 at 04:56 PM.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #11068

And for employers, I'm pretty sure they can some how say it's a requirement for the job. At the end of the day it's private property and they make the rules. I'm sure they can say vaccine required, like they said they will for concerts, traveling etc. No shirt no shoes no vaccine no service.

I doubt they would want to risk shut downs, sick employees, negative press just for some Karen's.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:03 PM   #11069

I'll add that 2 shots from Pfizer/ AZ would not be enough.

There will be booster shots coming in September of this year.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:03 PM   #11070

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
How many people who have been fully vaccinated have died from Covid after the fact? I was under the impression that the numbers were pretty much no one.

I'm on board with the vaccines and the masks to get through this but once I'm fully vaccinated and the numbers are very low I'm ditching this fucking mask. Anyone who's worried about me being a carrier can put on 3 masks.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 03:10 PM   #11071
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Obviously when you have physical impairment, you shouldn't be operating or applying to any job that requires you to work with a machine.

But for other disease like cancer, flu, diabetes, covid, herpes, whatever. There is no reason for disclosing any of that to your employer.

Furthermore, I saw a new piece on someone driving home AFTER getting the covid shot and they passed out at the wheel and caused a huge accident. This is something similar to what you're saying. DO NOT DRIVE AFTER YOU GET YOUR SHOT.
Sorry you’re right. I didn’t realize cancer, herpes and diabetes were airborne and super infectious that spread around the world ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 06-15-2021, 03:11 PM   #11072

^ maybe end of 2023 if there's no more new variants
Old 06-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #11073
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Quote:
Westopher, that's all I have to say, man.

I'll leave this discussion up to you guys.
I just thought some opposing opinions would spark discussion, but obviously this topic is beaten to death and people already made up their mind.

All the best to you all on your decision in this topic.
Opposing opinions are fine, but you can’t just ignore actual numbers and stats that disprove your completely false statement.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:01 PM   #11074
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
If I'm fully vaccinated by 2 shots, why should i be worried about being around others who aren't vaccinated?
thought this has been discussed to death.
Just cause you are vaccinate, you can still get sick.
Lots of assumption
You did get a working vaccine, ur body is actually making the antibodies. YOu still get infected, you just get "less" sick. You can still and might be able to transmit.

Doctor made fun when we had a beer; just cause you got HIV vaccine (if there is one), you're not going to start banging every girl / guy out there. You cant' really tell if you're really really protected.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #11075
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
So if seatbelts don't save 100% of lives, why bother wearing one?

Quote:
I'll add that 2 shots from Pfizer/ AZ would not be enough.

There will be booster shots coming in September of this year.
This is highly speculative at this point.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: