REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #11026
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,151 Times in 7,150 Posts
It’s definitely the employers business as they are held directly accountable for workplace transmission.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #11027
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
The Chinese TCM explanation for this is -- your body has flushed out all the toxins that was previously stored / trapped in you. Some people pay thousands of dollars to get a treatment result like this, and you got it for free!

I hope you've been having yogurt to replenish your gut flora, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I didn't even want to post about this, because I totally jinxed myself.

My vaccine on that Monday elicited fucked up diarrhea for a whole week from the Tuesday - Sunday. Ended up clearing up by Sunday night.

Apparently that's a side effect for some people, lucky me.

Needless to say I did not inform any of my friends that are on the fence about the whole thing
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:17 AM   #11028
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It’s definitely the employers business as they are held directly accountable for workplace transmission.
Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong perspective, but I honestly see no issues if my employer asked me if I was vaccinated or not. I don't see any negative downside besides the obvious "muh freeedums!!!11" excuse?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 10:19 AM   #11029
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,724 Times in 893 Posts
Yea I'm wondering about the legality of the vaccines at the work place, especially with the no face mask that the gov says. I've already heard a guy say I don't have to wear a mask cuz I've had 2 shots

I heard UK is delaying reopening cuz shits going bad again.

Yea sure you have 2 shots, but I haven't and what about the Karen next to you that didn't get any shot? Can they sue you for infecting them? That's like having aids but not letting people know
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #11030
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

It's none of anyone's business when I super charge/ turbo charge or what kind of oil I put in my ride.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:47 AM   #11031
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Yeah I don't see how this would be different from any other workplace safety requirement. In plenty of industries you already have to provide proof that you've taken the required training and safety courses so you're less likely to hurt or kill yourself and others.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 10:57 AM   #11032
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightKeeper View Post
………….or what kind of oil I put in my ride.
Royal Purple, ftw! Full synthetic and that colour. Kool Aid.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #11033
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
It's none of anyone's business when I super charge/ turbo charge or what kind of oil I put in my ride.
It is if you spill it on the road causing accidents and deaths
Old 06-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #11034

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Yeah I don't see how this would be different from any other workplace safety requirement. In plenty of industries you already have to provide proof that you've taken the required training and safety courses so you're less likely to hurt or kill yourself and others.
Isn’t it mandatory for plenty of fields like airlines? Getting mandatory vaccines etc. Don’t see why this should be any different
Old 06-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #11035

i'm trying decided if i go AZ on my 2nd shot or not....i can book no but not sure what to do, i keep hearing stay with AZ. anyone with any real valid input?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #11036

Thanked 1,724 Times in 893 Posts
^ did you have any symptoms after getting it? No one can answer that for you besides your body.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #11037

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
It is if you spill it on the road causing accidents and deaths
Well, if I deliberately ejaculate into someone's soup, then sure, it's my fault.

This goes for any type of medical condition btw. There's no reason to disclose your own personal medical records to your employer.

I'd be more worried about shingles than corona, even then I wouldn't care if the person next to me has shingles.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:38 AM   #11038

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
i'm trying decided if i go AZ on my 2nd shot or not....i can book no but not sure what to do, i keep hearing stay with AZ. anyone with any real valid input?
This article convinced me to go for Pfizer for my second shot (AZ was my first) 2021-06-04 BC ? COVID-19 in British Columbia

Also they have lower stock of AZ, and so Pfizer is likely going to be more readily available.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #11039
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,411 Times in 5,096 Posts
Not sure about private workplaces, but federal government unions was a complete non-starter to even ask if each person has the vaccine or not, they’re not going to ask end of discussion.

So going back into the office at some point you have no idea who has it or not… I know of 2 people I work with who refuse to get it but officially I don’t know that.

It’s going to be interesting, raises all sorts of issues of why you should go into meeting rooms or work in close quarters with people who have the potential risk to die from infection, etc.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:53 PM   #11040
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
I can get my 2nd AZ shot on Thursday if i wanted to and im really tempted to do so.

But im opting to get the Pfizer just cause of the effectiveness and it also protects me from additional variants. Hopefully i get a booking text by next week
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #11041
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Imo any unionized place you're not gonna get anything out of the employees regarding their status

If I was with my old company where I respected ownership and was on friendly terms with them id be more than happy to tell them anything they wanted. But now working in a unionized environment where the employer basically went out of their way to not get us vaccines, and does a lot of borderline invasion of privacy shit i don't care to tell them anything.

The managers had this gross round about way of being like "heh heh I got my vaccine how about you?" Which was 100% mandated from above. I just kinda gave a vague answer then asked which vaccine he got, when he said AZ i kinda made a point to be like yea eh.. too bad for you lol

If public health numbers are accurate there shouldn't be a reason to have to ask whether someone is vaccinated or not because in theory your workplace should have herd immunity.

In the perfect scenario I'd have no problem disclosing whatever they wanted. But given how they approach things where I work, what's next, mandatory flu shots? Fuck that
Old 06-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #11042
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
i think they at the very least they should know how many of its employees are vaccinated if kept anonymous
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #11043
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The managers had this gross round about way of being like "heh heh I got my vaccine how about you?" Which was 100% mandated from above. I just kinda gave a vague answer then asked which vaccine he got, when he said AZ i kinda made a point to be like yea eh.. too bad for you lol
You're such a dick
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #11044

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Not sure about private workplaces, but federal government unions was a complete non-starter to even ask if each person has the vaccine or not, they’re not going to ask end of discussion.

So going back into the office at some point you have no idea who has it or not… I know of 2 people I work with who refuse to get it but officially I don’t know that.

It’s going to be interesting, raises all sorts of issues of why you should go into meeting rooms or work in close quarters with people who have the potential risk to die from infection, etc.
Private employer,
We had a company town hall last week, and our HR VP actually stated on record that they legally can't require vaccination for employees.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #11045
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
This goes for any type of medical condition btw. There's no reason to disclose your own personal medical records to your employer.
If I'm a long haul semi truck driver spending 15 hours a day driving an 18wheeler down the highway every day should I kinda tell my boss if I have narcolepsy and that I have in the past passed out at the wheel and it's possible to do so again?
They are my medical records which may have a negative impact on my job... so nah I don't think I'll tell the boss and just see how things turn out.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #11046
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You're such a dick
It was such a weasly way he asked me i had to get a poke in
Old 06-15-2021, 01:33 PM   #11047

I think it goes both way. I fully support people’s free choice to NOT have the government force vaccines upon them. But I don’t want my right to safety be trumped by your right to freedoms, we both deserve respect.

This is where heard immunity is important. If a workplace has 80-90% vaccination rate, then does that last percent really matter? I don’t know, I’m not a scientist.

You have a right to smoke. But your right to smoke does not trump my right to not want to breathe in your second hand smoke.

You have a right to not want the vaccine. But I have a right to not be surrounded by people carrying a potentially deadly virus. Whether YOU care if YOU sit next to someone with ‘shingles’ is not MY problem when MY health might be at risk.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it’s a tough decision. How do you pleaser everyone?
Old 06-15-2021, 01:41 PM   #11048

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
If I'm a long haul semi truck driver spending 15 hours a day driving an 18wheeler down the highway every day should I kinda tell my boss if I have narcolepsy and that I have in the past passed out at the wheel and it's possible to do so again?
They are my medical records which may have a negative impact on my job... so nah I don't think I'll tell the boss and just see how things turn out.
Obviously when you have physical impairment, you shouldn't be operating or applying to any job that requires you to work with a machine.

But for other disease like cancer, flu, diabetes, covid, herpes, whatever. There is no reason for disclosing any of that to your employer.

Furthermore, I saw a new piece on someone driving home AFTER getting the covid shot and they passed out at the wheel and caused a huge accident. This is something similar to what you're saying. DO NOT DRIVE AFTER YOU GET YOUR SHOT.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #11049

Thanked 31,151 Times in 7,150 Posts
Public vaccination numbers only give part of the story.
I’m sure some sectors are 90% and some sectors are 50% based on demographics.

Put it this way, and this is all hypothetical. The numbers don’t relate to my work in any way. If I have 8 staff, 3 are unvaccinated. Am I going to put the two unvaccinated ones together in a small room where social distancing isn’t possible? That greatly increases my chances of having a workplace transmission, and can
A) put my staff at risk
B) cost the business money
C) get us temporarily shut down
How does someone’s right to not let me know if their vaccinated trump the risks it can cause my business, and employee health and wellness?
You don’t want to get vaccinated sure, it’s your body, but if your employed by me, it’s my business, so, what’s fair? I’m not talking about firing people cause they aren’t vaccinated. As long as you can do your job, and it has no bearing, that’s unreasonable. But to keep secrets that can affect others at your place of work because “it’s none of my business?” No fuckin way that’s a reasonable request.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #11050

I just want to understand where some of you guys' worry come from?

You have always been exposed to people that have transmitted disease in pre-covid times, you just never know about it. Whether it is a common flu to hiv. What some of you are saying is that people are "disgusting".

Someone's right does not end where your fear begins.
This post FAILED by: