REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-24-2021, 10:47 AM   #11201
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,405 Times in 5,469 Posts
Well of course there are many more? It’s easy to talk about something and write articles when you don’t need to back them up with science or studies.

Your comparison doesn’t even hold water, you’re not doing research, you’re looking for dialogues that fit a personal decision you’ve made. It would be more like shopping for a used car and deciding you want a Toyota and then reading articles written by people who only love Toyota’s… or getting a carfax report from someone who usually provides reports on laundry detergent and knows nothing about cars but thinks they do because they drove one once.
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #11202
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Well of course there are many more? It’s easy to talk about something and write articles when you don’t need to back them up with science or studies.

Your comparison doesn’t even hold water, you’re not doing research, you’re looking for dialogues that fit a personal decision you’ve made. It would be more like shopping for a used car and deciding you want a Toyota and then reading articles written by people who only love Toyota’s… or getting a carfax report from someone who usually provides reports on laundry detergent and knows nothing about cars but thinks they do because they drove one once.
I completely agree with you. When I watch Bonnie Henry on TV and how she contradicts herself throughout the whole last year. I tend to not trust that source.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #11203
Performance Moderator

I don’t watch her every day myself, not sure why she needs to be a focal point or what she has to do with the science behind vaccines. She’s creating policy with the rest of the government based on best information available at any given time while considering the needs of the many. An unenviable task if there ever was one.

I mean the proof will be in the pudding, ~5 billion people are going to be vaccinated in a years time with little to no related deaths. Can’t say the same for Covid. I don’t even need to say anything, I am confident that time will prove you wrong, just hope you don’t have to pay for your decision personally.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #11204

Delta Variant coming soon.
Booster shots would be needed by Sept - Nov (Fall).

If I remember to log on here again, we'll see if it's true.

Also, ya'll haven't looked into other remedies to covid yet.

Last edited by LightKeeper; 06-24-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:12 AM   #11205
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,431 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightKeeper View Post
Says who? I have been consistently taking vitamin D, Zinc, and Quercetin with my usual vitamin regiment since the start of the pandemic, yet I am still getting my vaccines.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:23 AM   #11206
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,136 Times in 3,972 Posts
Quote:
Those of you that took it are part of the clinical trial. You signed up for an experiment that would've never been allowed if it wasn't under the emergency act. This clinical trial does not end until 2023.
If you're not getting vaccinated you're signing up for the clinical trial for COVID. Of the two groups, that seems like a much worse one to be in.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2021, 11:37 AM   #11207

The coronavirus has been around even before we were born into this world.
If you're not comfortable with it, and you trust the science, then go ahead and get the vaccine.
Simple as that.

But, as to say, your dose does not work because unvaccinated people didn't get it, that is just bogus.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:39 AM   #11208
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Delta Variant coming soon.
Booster shots would be needed by Sept - Nov (Fall).

If I remember to log on here again, we'll see if it's true.

If I didn't get vaccinated and ended up with Covid perhaps this remedy could work: Onions in socks
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #11209

I bet ya'll having so much fun now that I participated here.

Anyways, hope it was entertaining to you all.

You can all take it as a joke.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:43 AM   #11210
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
The vaccine discussion begins and ends with hospital capacity

You take the vaccine knowing it was created as an emergency measure to try and help family and friends from ending up in the hospital and dieing. Regardless of your stance on the vaccine the argument always comes back around to hospital capacity and the medical system

I really couldn’t have cared less to be vaccinated as I don’t believe I was in danger at all of being seriously ill or dieing from covid. The numbers reflect that. However, occasionally you kinda gotta take one for the greater good of society. I’m not thrilled to have to take it, but if it means some return to normalcy and protecting my parents etc. I guess you do what you gotta do

Regardless of your thoughts on the vaccine it always goes back there. That’s it
Old 06-24-2021, 12:12 PM   #11211
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,730 Times in 1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The vaccine discussion begins and ends with hospital capacity
Well, yes - but also no. Hospital capacity is an important measure for societies with hospitals, but you also have to realize that hospitalization only occurs for people with access to hospitals...

I guess the counter-argument would be if some hypothetical place had a hospital with a million-bed capacity, would that location not take Covid seriously?

But the rest of what you said is on point, 100% agree.

Also, to nobody's (except maybe Lighthouse or keeper or whatever):
https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187
Quote:
Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

The AP analyzed figures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:23 PM   #11212
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,306 Posts
Yikes this is some November 2020 level discussion going on here. Haven't we all moved on ?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:26 PM   #11213

Thanked 6,730 Times in 1,633 Posts
^ Clearly not, I found out a few days ago a guy we laid off last year is a huge covid denier. Like flat out denies it.

The kicker is his sister in the US died from it a few months ago, but he STILL denies it. Boggles the fucking mind.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #11214

I already know whether I post other sources, it would still be ridiculed. No matter how many different sources there is, it wouldn't change anyone's mind.

Like I said, people had already made their decision on this topic. I completely respect that.

I just hope ya'll would do the same for us with different opinions in the real world.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #11215
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,913 Times in 1,855 Posts
Quote:
I already know whether I post other sources, it would still be ridiculed. No matter how many different sources there is, it wouldn't change anyone's mind.

Like I said, people had already made their decision on this topic. I completely respect that.

I just hope ya'll would do the same for us with different opinions.
That's kind of a lame excuse though.

Post your sources, even if you get clowned, who cares? Push your ideas if you think they're credible.

Just don't post an MP3 file A buddy of mine I was debating with on FB tried to send me, a recording of an anti-vax "doctor". Needless to say, I didn't download, nor listened to it.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #11216

Honestly though, medical advice shouldn't be given to one and another in the public. It should be sacred between a doctor and a patient. And everything discussed should be confidential.

A doctor should be there to help with the patient's wish. Not the doctor mandating this or that because of the greater good.

Therefore, politics and medical should not mix.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:36 PM   #11217
linguistic ninja

Quote:

I just hope ya'll would do the same for us with different opinions in the real world.
Look I'm trying real hard not to ridicule you here but you can't just appear out of nowhere and go around cock-teasing us with ReAd MuH SoUrCeS!!!111 for like 3 pages straight and then post some potato photo of a "paper" written by a Computer Scientist and Acupuncturist on the subject of vaccines.

I mean, come on man, I know you're trying to be objective and start a dialogue here but at least try a bit harder. It doesn't help your default disposition is some half-assed persecutory delusion.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2021, 01:37 PM   #11218

Thanked 1,849 Times in 969 Posts
I guess some people prefer death over 5g

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/us-co...ated-1.6078680
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #11219
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,595 Times in 7,294 Posts
Live free or die, I guess.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:51 PM   #11220

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
ReAd MuH SoUrCeS!!!111 .
I bet you didn't even read past the first few pages. The first thing that comes to your mind is dismiss.

I can be extremely rude also to your retarded decision on getting something experimental and just follow what you are being told.

Obviously, this isn't the place to debate about vaccines. But, I see now this is just another place where you find others who conforms to the jab.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #11221
linguistic ninja

Just what the fuck do you expect us to read? Your incessant ramblings about non-peer reviewed sources? Your raving persecution complex? Stop trying to be some kind of off-brand CiC. All the crazy, none of the substance.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:05 PM   #11222
Performance Moderator

The antivax argument always falls into a big pharma / lemmings / conformist thing.

Tell us about other facets of your life... do you drink soda? Do you eat microwavable foods? Do you drive a car? Do you walk outside? Do you wear shoes made of synthetic materials? Any polyester in your clothes? What are your soaps in your house made out of? Cleaners? Are you posting your messages on a laptop? Phone? Wifi?

How come all these things aren't conforming to Evil Inc? All the things above you most likely partake in or use are not okay or conformist or are okay to put in your body... but suddenly you decided to draw your line in the sand over a vaccine that has essentially saved the world? MRNA vaccines aren't "new experimental technology", maybe this derivative is new, but the philosophy and science behind them is anything but and I would hardly call it experimental.

Its way too convenient to decide on this one thing you're suddenly more educated / can see more clearly / not a follower when literally every other facet of your life you're doing exactly what everone else is and eating/drinking/breathing the same shit... come on...
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #11223

Quote:
Just what the fuck do you expect us to read? Stop trying to be some kind of off-brand CiC. All the crazy, none of the substance.
You don't need to read anything. You don't even want to know anything other than what you are being told by the news.

Critical thinking isn't meant for you. Just listen and do what you are being told.

I actually remember CiC and I never had any problem with him. His opinions was just as strong as yours.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:09 PM   #11224
linguistic ninja

As I suspected, you're just a low-rent troll.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #11225

Quote:
As I suspected, you're just a low-rent troll.
Let's just leave it at that. You can just take me as a troll or a joke. Doesn't matter. I have nothing to gain here, but to lose my time on here.
There's no more room to discuss this topic for me here. It would just turn ugly.

Continue and carry on.