REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #51
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
Just because it happens doesn’t mean it’s not gross.

Also I would hope as people become adults their time is more valuable than flipping $3 masks..
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #52
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Please, please, please.............. don't let our country become like that.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #53
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The difference being that the flu statistics are the same as always, while we have a new deadly virus to deal with that China once again tried to cover up causing even more deaths.
They were never gonna admit there is a problem until the virus was detected oversea.

8 people were arrest for “spreading rumor about disease” online literally a couple days before the official statement from the government.

I also find it odd that Hong Kong has more suspected case than Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #54
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Then a lot of us are also the problem. What are you going to do? Tell them stop buying up all the supply and if they don't listen fight them? What's the solution when stores turn an blind eye. People on HK try to stop this behavior and it didn't do much. We all turn a blind eye when we saw this and did nothing. Don't even have to look far. Just look at Costco, certain items are always out stock even a new shipment is in. I think it was on the news a years ago when these Daigou would buy up all specific brand of this make up right before the store opens and some of them even fight each other for it. The store wasn't even open yet but they got in somehow. One even posted online he knows exactly when the shipment comes.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2016/04/20/C...obal-Shoppers/

Here is a good read about it. Me personally every time o travel back I don't buy stuff or bring stuff back for friends and relatives. Of they want some they can buy it on their own.
You're comparing buying hard to find items whilst abroad for friends n family, to buying up medical equipment to resell at a high markup for profit during a medical emergency and hysteria... Those are very different things

You suggested being a greedy asshole, then continue with you're not like that, you won't even help friends n fam buy regular goods, which is an asshole move as they'd be forced to buy said goods from a reseller
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 07:19 PM   #55
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
I heard the China govt will be giving N95 rated masks to everyone and banning reselling of said masks online. Can anyone confirm?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #56
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
gee i didnt know we had so many virologists on here
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:50 PM   #57
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
They were never gonna admit there is a problem until the virus was detected oversea.

8 people were arrest for “spreading rumor about disease” online literally a couple days before the official statement from the government.

I also find it odd that Hong Kong has more suspected case than Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
I don't find it odd, there have probably been many unreported cases in SZ and GZ
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #58
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
I don't find it odd, there have probably been many unreported cases in SZ and GZ
I think Hong Kong reporting is way more accurate than mainland side. there has to be at least 10x more than what they are saying right now.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:37 PM   #59
My homepage has been set to RS

danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #60

China has shut down the city... I was saying to my wife last night that the major benefit of having a complete authoritarian dictatorship is that you have the power to do things like this, that benefit the people pragmatically.

Anyone stuck in there is almost certainly doomed, but the rest of the world will be much safer this way.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2020, 12:08 AM   #61
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
China has shut down the city... I was saying to my wife last night that the major benefit of having a complete authoritarian dictatorship is that you have the power to do things like this, that benefit the people pragmatically.

Anyone stuck in there is almost certainly doomed, but the rest of the world will be much safer this way.
I think it's freaking crazy to see how China is able to do this. Can't see anyone being able to this.

As to someone saying testing temperature is not effective... honestly, it's ONE way to detect someone who is already infected. If someone has high fever, it's a extremely good indicator, so why not.

HIGHLY doubt we will be that "lucky" to catch it in Vancouver. SARS was epic crazy; there were 400+ cases and 44 deaths, all in Toronto.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:16 AM   #62
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I thought ppl in Wuhan were still able to leave by car?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:16 AM   #63
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
yes, they are allowed, and Hong Kong allows them to enter the city, dumb fuck gov't
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:40 AM   #64
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
https://m.facebook.com/headlinepopne...70809449&_rdr=

Can't say 100,% is this is true.

http://forum.vanpeople.com/showtopic-694824.php
Military have arrive at Wuhan

http://forum.vanpeople.com/showtopic-694790.php
Can't confirm but basically in the chat and the picture are saying a ton of people from Wuhan was driving to Shanghai since Beijing is the capital and is harder to get into.

http://forum.vanpeople.com/showtopic-694748.php
Basically sum up what's happening in Wuhan but also showing military arriving at the city.

Not sure of it is all true since the Chinese government isn't telling everything. All I know is from my coworker who relatives are still Wuhan said basically most people are staying in their home and hospital is pack with people seeking to see the doctor even if they just have the cold in fear of catching the virus. Conwoker sister and her husband left for Japan just before Wuhan shut down so they are very lucky.

Also on the news there was a Chinese tourist going to France who had fever but decided to take some medicine, lower his temperature and was able to fly to France. It wasn't till he landed he told authority what happen. Now he is in the hospital…… certainly doesn't make the French happy.
Edit https://www.worldofbuzz.com/selfish-...he-can-travel/
Find the article. So it looks like she was just order to go to the local hospital for testing but wasn't force to go and no one knows of the actually went or not……

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 01-23-2020 at 05:47 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:59 AM   #65
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
You're comparing buying hard to find items whilst abroad for friends n family, to buying up medical equipment to resell at a high markup for profit during a medical emergency and hysteria... Those are very different things

You suggested being a greedy asshole, then continue with you're not like that, you won't even help friends n fam buy regular goods, which is an asshole move as they'd be forced to buy said goods from a reseller
Maybe you don't have relatives from China asking to buy stuff for them (that's very lucky) but they don't just ask you to buy am item or two they actually send you a list of what they want from stuff to skin care products, Canada goose, jewelry, luxury brands. If you do it once they expect you to do it every time. Oh and the list is most likely going to take a whole suite case and went over your limit you can bring back to China without paying a duty.

If you are caught and have to pay duty they won't pay for that and some relatives would assume they don't need to pay you back since they assume we are all well off in Canada.

Just ask skinny he knows too well about it. Is just best to tell them you aren't helping them right off the bat to a avoid any unhappy feelings down the road. Beside when I travel I do not want to carry more luggage than I have to.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2020, 07:52 AM   #66
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
The source of the coronavirus may be snakes.

Coronavirus study:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/01...navirus-study/

Some co-workers thought it was the coffee bean eating civet cat as the source of this virus. It may not be the cat after all.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:52 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
I heard the China govt will be giving N95 rated masks to everyone and banning reselling of said masks online. Can anyone confirm?
No the gov is not giving out free N95 mask. What the gov is doing is banning people from raising price of said mask. Which I mean doesn't mean anything.

Quote:
Sad but true there are many many unreported case or the doctors at the hospital have been told not to say a world.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #68
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Gotta take precautions and wipe that bottle
Old 01-23-2020, 09:24 AM   #69
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
wuhan has shutdown aka sealed period, air and rail is closed with the only transport is car (bus are gone too)

Ppl are selling mask like crazy now in china, I was at the cny markets and ppl are selling them on the streets g style

Everywhere u go u see ppl wearing masks and all major public places all have signs that say they disinfect every so so time, as well as sanitation areas and temperature checks at airports, train stations and metro stations

Also I heard that 17 ppl that contact the virus in wuhan with one cured and on its way to recovery

But this is China, report might fake just to calm ppl down and give ppl hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #70
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
yes, they are allowed, and Hong Kong allows them to enter the city, dumb fuck gov't
Wuhan has 11.8 million people, 600 confirmed global cases now (even if we times that by 100, with 60000 cases), that's less than 0.005
There hasn't been a country restricting people from Wuhan, I can't see why Canada would be doing so.
I would be pissed if had a connecting flight and then get locked down just cause I had a transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
https://m.facebook.com/headlinepopne...70809449&_rdr=

Not sure of it is all true since the Chinese government isn't telling everything. All I know is from my coworker who relatives are still Wuhan said basically most people are staying in their home and hospital is pack with people seeking to see the doctor even if they just have the cold in fear of catching the virus.
China said they have 1000 beds (in wuhan) opened up for this, not sure how trueout notice they have 1000 beds opened up. I am not surprised by that FB video, they have to isolate and quarantine people. They can't have a separate ventilation system within every hospital room, that's why they have these instant built your own tents. It looks worse that it is.

As to people driving... you can't ban people from driving or walking. They already stopped trains + planes which is already unheard of any parts of the world. Can people drive 5 hours to the next airport, yes, probably. I'm sure there are always ways if you ever had to leave, but I'm not surprised if there are army check points.

I would be pissed if the army got some corrupted people handing them cash just so they could leave (assuming they locked down the hwy).
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #71
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Look at the prices of n95 on CL. $10 a piece, what a joke.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #72

https://fbwat.ch/1jPagQKsHJAGeN9o
Again not 100% confirm. Seems like the doctors in Wuhan is starting to break down.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #73
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
gee i didnt know we had so many virologists on here
‘cause the news of it has gone viral?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
wuhan has shutdown aka sealed period, air and rail is closed with the only transport is car (bus are gone too)

Ppl are selling mask like crazy now in china, I was at the cny markets and ppl are selling them on the streets g style

Everywhere u go u see ppl wearing masks and all major public places all have signs that say they disinfect every so so time, as well as sanitation areas and temperature checks at airports, train stations and metro stations

Also I heard that 17 ppl that contact the virus in wuhan with one cured and on its way to recovery

But this is China, report might fake just to calm ppl down and give ppl hope
Seems like you are in CHina now. Can you confirm that China have shut down 9 cities so far?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #75

2nd case in Japan, a tourist from Wuhan who I guess got through before the flights were grounded? Or maybe came in from another city