REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #126
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,506 Times in 3,051 Posts

Brilliant !!!!
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #127
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/01...ws-conference/
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:42 PM   #128
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Chinese official count of infected is up to 1975 (up 600 from yesterday). Actual number possibly 40K

Official death toll 56 (up 15 from yesterday), meaning actual number around 1100

Ocean Park and Disneyland just closed in HK. I believe movie theatres are still operating.

Xi calls this a "grave situation". Carrie Lam still refusing to do anything other than political grandstanding. Says she has to wait for factories in China to start operating before attaining masks for the public (despite there being some mask manufacturers in Hong Kong)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #129
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Apparently there is 90k infected.. I'm not sure how reliable this source is but you can judge the video yourself.

ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:23 PM   #130
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Lol spread the misinformation!

Problem is no one will know. Likely even the Chinese govt. is in the dark
Old 01-25-2020, 07:36 PM   #131
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol spread the misinformation!

Problem is no one will know. Likely even the Chinese govt. is in the dark
They are not in the dark... it's just they don't want to run the chance of a total chaos if they release a figure say 90,000.

Rumor has it that Chinese officials "convinced" the WHO to narrowly voted down to declare this as an emergency. (because when WHO declares it, it would put the whole China-world logistic into lockdown).

But I've gotta say, if this coronavirus spreads further, the blood is on these people at WHO. Because they valued economy more than human lives. When the whole goddamn idea of WHO is to promote worldwide health.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #132
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
A friend of mine who lives in shanghai told me that everyone is scared and people are advised to stay home and not to go out.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:16 PM   #133
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
They are not in the dark... it's just they don't want to run the chance of a total chaos if they release a figure say 90,000.

Rumor has it that Chinese officials "convinced" the WHO to narrowly voted down to declare this as an emergency. (because when WHO declares it, it would put the whole China-world logistic into lockdown).

But I've gotta say, if this coronavirus spreads further, the blood is on these people at WHO. Because they valued economy more than human lives. When the whole goddamn idea of WHO is to promote worldwide health.
Even these days there is a chain of information that is behind the reality.

That video that’s been going around with all the excavators “building a new hospital” is some sort of propaganda or some shit..literally anyone who has ever run an excavator would know that is simply a show
Old 01-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Even these days there is a chain of information that is behind the reality.

That video that’s been going around with all the excavators “building a new hospital” is some sort of propaganda or some shit..literally anyone who has ever run an excavator would know that is simply a show
They claim they did the same thing for SARS in 2003, building the Xiaotangshan Hospital in 8 days

I made sure to find an article from that time, since most articles about this new one refer to it, but I haven't come across any pictures of the completed hospital.

The only picture I've found dated between 2004 and 2019 after an admittedly quick google, is this one which is not exactly inspiring, but if you look at the rest of the pictures, it looks like it was in use and then abandoned.

I've also seen tweets of alleged prebuilt walls being shipped into Wuhan.

I don't know how useful the hospital will be, but I don't think it's just for show

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 01-25-2020 at 08:35 PM. Reason: clearing some things up
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2020, 08:41 PM   #135
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 387 Posts
https://www.statnews.com/2020/01/24/...ancet-studies/
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #136
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
reposting rumours aren't helping...please take most of the crap off youtube/twitter with skepticism

i think you'd be surprised at how efficient the Chinese are if the gov't wants to build infrastructure....city trams, dams can be built rapidly

i believe given the scale of the situation it's being handled pretty well, good to know they've learned from sars
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #137
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,596 Times in 540 Posts
The numbers are too tidy. Expecting another "15" deaths tomorrow and ~500 official infections tomorrow. If it keeps going at this "rate" no way are the numbers even close to the reality.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2020, 09:26 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
reposting rumours aren't helping...please take most of the crap off youtube/twitter with skepticism

i think you'd be surprised at how efficient the Chinese are if the gov't wants to build infrastructure....city trams, dams can be built rapidly

i believe given the scale of the situation it's being handled pretty well, good to know they've learned from sars
Unfortunately if the reproduction number is really 3.8 or around there, they acted way too late to contain it. Instead of trying to hide it and putting people who spoke about it in jail, they needed to do this stuff immediately.

They didn't really learn from SARS at all, they tried to do the same thing. Problem this time is, this virus is even worse than SARS, so they couldn't hide it for as long.

What they're doing now may prevent apocalyptic catastrophe, but it's still going to be very bad.

SARS killed 800 people and shaved 2% off China's economy. We could be in the thousands already.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2020, 09:32 PM   #139

Thanked 8,506 Times in 3,051 Posts
world war z incoming.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:41 PM   #140
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Didn't Carrie lam rate this a 3rd degree emergency or something (max severity) and every shop, pharmacy, corner store, 7-11 has a bazillion boxes of masks for sale, just bought a case for like 100hkd
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:58 PM   #141
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,511 Posts
This isn't reposting a rumor. This is a plea for help.

At around 7 mins, he admits that it's a pretty shit and poorly run country. He and his friends aren't dumb or brainwashed (re: HK thread), but what can they do? They're human against tanks (guess that analogy is re: Tianamen?)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:07 PM   #142
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,243 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Didn't Carrie lam rate this a 3rd degree emergency or something (max severity) and every shop, pharmacy, corner store, 7-11 has a bazillion boxes of masks for sale, just bought a case for like 100hkd
Surprised people aren't buying them and shipping them back to China
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:50 PM   #143

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
The hospitals are not fake that were built for SARS. They were temp. and of course, when SARS was all said and done, no one wants to deal with the mess. Who would want the SARS left over infrastructure right.

It was built for quarantine, infections and isolation control. Ventilation bare minimum was with air con and bare basics. So I doubt it would have full use afterwards.

I don't understand what people want Carrie Lam to do. She is a mofo puppet. You think she has the ability to just say "fuck u wuhan, we are going to block off SZ's border and bar all flights into HK". Now, if US & Germany and 5 other countries are banning all flights (with the blessing of World Health Org.). THEN we got something to worry about. I cannot see HK being the first city to ban anyone from China.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:48 AM   #144

Bro she already blocked Wuhan. People want it to be more comprehensive, since the disease is already spreading all over China

Also of course it's political, with her continuing to pursue the mask ban in times like these (BTW it is now compulsory to wear masks in public in Guangdong) and other significantly idiotic bullshit.

You and I know she's a puppet, but being a puppet also makes her THE target for any backlash against china. After all, it's not like they can vote someone else in.

Times like these perfectly show how bad things are here, and why HKers have been fighting since June.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:15 AM   #145

First confirmed case for Canada, in Toronto
Old 01-26-2020, 02:25 AM   #146

Quoting this again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
U also forgot about the Chinese factor, like they give a fuck
Taiwan fines coronavirus patient $10000 for 'hiding' illness

Quote:
Man fails to disclose symptoms then visits nightclub after returning from Wuhan
Self reporting is not enough. Another couple in HK tried to escape a hospital as they attempted to quarantine them.

Borders need to be closed now. Just for a couple weeks. HK first, maybe other countries can consider it later.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2020, 02:37 AM   #147

HK should be the first to close borders, if any place were to, since HK is basically the front lines, but I doubt they'd block all travel, no way in hell

Everyone's wearing a mask here, so I feel safe walking around without one since everyone's covered
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2020, 02:49 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
HK should be the first to close borders, if any place were to, since HK is basically the front lines, but I doubt they'd block all travel, no way in hell

Everyone's wearing a mask here, so I feel safe walking around without one since everyone's covered
Exactly! Everyone else wears a mask, so we don't have to

Probably saw about 95% people wearing masks at malls today.

Actually hand sanitizer would be way more important than masks, but that's sold out everywhere I looked.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:57 AM   #149

Yeah same here, even the malls sanitizer dispensers for the public are empty -_-
Old 01-26-2020, 03:15 AM   #150

Macau SAR to kick out everyone from Hubei out of the city, or arrest them and put them in quarantine.

Just to show how seriously things SHOULD and COULD be taken in Hong Kong.
This post thanked by: