REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:30 PM   #276
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
most people have said if they were infected, the first thing they do must be going to the police station. lol
Biological terrorism

The first thing they did was put up barriers in front of the check ins at police stations

A side note, here's a well written and easy to understand infographic on the mask situation. Share with your friends and family if they are going nuts spending hundreds on N95 masks, or wearing those cool looking pollen masks

Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 06:44 PM   #277
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Was at Costco today and it looks like people have been buying up nitrile disposable gloves. It was pretty much sold out.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:54 PM   #278
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Was at Costco today and it looks like people have been buying up nitrile disposable gloves. It was pretty much sold out.
Some old asian guy (who was really nice and friendly) just got back from China 3 days ago and coughed RIGHT in my face.

It was nice knowing you all. Make sure my car goes to a good home
Old 01-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #279
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Why do I have feeling Canada will just bring them straight to YVR and let them off after they fill out questionnaire form....
any alcohol/cigarettes to declare? no? good, next
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:36 PM   #280
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Well shit what am I gonna use to work on my car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:06 PM   #281

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Some old asian guy (who was really nice and friendly) just got back from China 3 days ago and coughed RIGHT in my face.

It was nice knowing you all. Make sure my car goes to a good home
Bruhhhhhh...time for you to drink some hard liquor and kill any germs inside your body
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #282

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post

nth like motor oil hand moisturizer

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 09:11 PM   #283

It's getting a bit crazy out there. In the first presser, Carrie Lam said the government will work with Chinese manufacturers after new years to obtain mask supplies in HK. People took that to mean they were doing what they did in Macau, providing everyone with masks to prevent an outbreak.

Today they came out and said that was just a rumor. They won't be providing anyone with anything at this point. This led to even more panic buying

It's one of those weird situations, where people are doing the right thing (everyone wearing masks) for the wrong reason (they think it stops them from getting sick). You don't want to tell them that, because you want everyone in a mask in case they get sick (this is where masks ARE effective). But at the same time, you feel bad that people are going crazy trying to get masks.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #284
My homepage has been set to RS

just send them up in the north pole
plyaing with some polar bear
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:47 PM   #285
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's getting a bit crazy out there. In the first presser, Carrie Lam said the government will work with Chinese manufacturers after new years to obtain mask supplies in HK. People took that to mean they were doing what they did in Macau, providing everyone with masks to prevent an outbreak.

Today they came out and said that was just a rumor. They won't be providing anyone with anything at this point. This led to even more panic buying

https://twitter.com/joshuawongcf/sta...14596600844290

It's one of those weird situations, where people are doing the right thing (everyone wearing masks) for the wrong reason (they think it stops them from getting sick). You don't want to tell them that, because you want everyone in a mask in case they get sick (this is where masks ARE effective). But at the same time, you feel bad that people are going crazy trying to get masks.
That is correct, it is more important to prevent spread of virus than to try protect oneself.

A reminder that the virus is transmitted through the mouth nose eye, you don’t even have to have someone cough in your face, as long as your hands are contaminated and you touch your face, you could potentially be infected.

Below is a link to the precautions that healthcare professionals should take:
http://www.bccdc.ca/resource-gallery..._25_2020v3.pdf

Note even a healthcare professional is only required to use N95 in aerosol generating procédure, and during normal care, only droplet and contact precaution is required. Unless you in close proximity to a patient for extended period of time, a mask is not required as part of prevention.

VCH droplet and contact precautions signs:
http://ipac.vch.ca/Documents/Additio...20VCH.0431.pdf

If it hasn’t been sad, surgical mask are only one time use, and needs to be changed after it’s wet
https://www.primed.ca/clinical-resou...ion-standards/

Lastly a hand washing guide
http://www.vch.ca/Documents/How-to-handwash-poster.pdf
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #286

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
It is so stupid how we have to be taught how to wash our hands... Its basic common sense?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
It is so stupid how we have to be taught how to wash our hands... Its basic common sense?
Count how long you wash lather with soap.. is it at least 30 seconds? I bet you rinse before you get to like 10. (the average is 6 seconds)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 10:19 PM   #288
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,307 Times in 2,514 Posts
Quote:
I bet none of them shopers know Princess Auto has a shxt ton of nitrile gloves.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:26 PM   #289
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Have u guys ever wonder if this whole thing was just a conspiracy just so mask companies get ppl to buy mask since they market for mask has been down over the past years? The companies created this virus just to get ppl in fear just to buy masks?

Starting to miss CiC and wonder where he’s been

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:23 AM   #290
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
Have u guys ever wonder if this whole thing was just a conspiracy just so mask companies get ppl to buy mask since they market for mask has been down over the past years? The companies created this virus just to get ppl in fear just to buy masks?
I bet you all the workers there are saying FUC**** I just want to go home, fuck this overtime making masks 24 by 7....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
https://twitter.com/joshuawongcf/sta...14596600844290

2 things about Joshua's post. 1) Proper newcast will say the Corona Virus... douchbags who don't give a fuck, always labels this as WuHan virus. 2) Hong Kong is now under the "severe" hit of Coronavirus, and unfortunately, our earloop masks here now face tremendous supply shortage. Fuck you!!! Please define what you consider "severe".... 10? 100000 confirmed? 3) Lastly, if Hong Kong gov't is withholding medication which is actually preventive or curing... sure... it's only a fucking mask and not even considered 100% effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Hornby.
man I used to go up to Hornby to dive after the 6 gill sharks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why people eat snakes, bats and other animals that carry disease. What is the obsession with eating every type of meat in China? This won't be last outbreak if they don't regulate what meat is OK for consumption.
Even beef / chicken / pork are regulate and outbreak still happens, esp. in china & even HK.

Being Asian, I do get this a lot when i came here in the 80s, from shark fin soup, to pigeons/quail with the head deep fried, to snake soup, snack gall bladder, i got made fun of all the time. Saying why we are so gross and uncivilized. I HONESTLY cannot tell you what the obsession is in our culture, but I can say, some do taste really good.

Don't westerns go over to thailand and eat the crazy shit like scorpions, bugs, crickets????

My dad once asked some red necks neighbours on why they feel like they need to eat bison + deer + bear (they bought us a dozen of bear sausage to share)..... and the guys in the interiors said it's just things they do when they go hunt and eat.

No different than when i go up and volunteer on a native researve and they hunt and eat seal meat (fuck it was gross).

Last edited by 6793026; 01-30-2020 at 12:30 AM.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:36 AM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
No different than
only difference is certain twisted groups in Asia find the most inhumane way to do it claiming it tastes better, which makes clubbing seals look tame

smoldering a puppy alive, eating ape brain while it's still alive, eating a snapper while it's alive, chop dorsal fin off and toss the shark back into the water, list goes on
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2020, 12:47 AM   #292
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post

I buy mine at Canadian Tire, they still have a lot of stock.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:13 AM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
2 things about Joshua's post. 1) Proper newcast will say the Corona Virus... douchbags who don't give a fuck, always labels this as WuHan virus. 2) Hong Kong is now under the "severe" hit of Coronavirus, and unfortunately, our earloop masks here now face tremendous supply shortage. Fuck you!!! Please define what you consider "severe".... 10? 100000 confirmed? 3) Lastly, if Hong Kong gov't is withholding medication which is actually preventive or curing... sure... it's only a fucking mask and not even considered 100% effective.
The correct name is "2019 Novel Coronavirus" or "2019-nCoV" changed from de facto name "Wuhan Coronavirus" for political reasons. "Coronavirus" itself is just a type of virus - many common colds are a coronavirus. SARS was a coronavirus.

Obviously a lot of people are going to stick to the original name though, I wouldn't call them "douchebags" for it. Don't complain about the name because it's named after a place in China - MERS is even more deadly and nobody bothered to change its name (Edit: They actually changed naming conventions after MERS)

There's no medication to help, but a vaccine is being developed and is already in animal testing phase. Should be around 1 year for it to be ready for the public use.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2020, 07:34 AM   #294
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,910 Posts
Oh my ... just in this morning. 6000 passengers on a cruise ship in Rome on holding pattern until confirmation ... 1 person on board may have Coronoavirus

whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #295

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Fake news?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20200129-WA0016.jpg (308.2 KB, 0 views)
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #296
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
Guess you haven't been to China. Most washroom don't provide soap for you to use. In some places in China they don't even provide sink for you to wash your hands in(this happens even in Beijing so you can image in a 2nd 3rd tire city like WuHan there are even less sinks and soap for people to use). When I use to go back I bring my own wet wipes the antibacterial ones coz I rather no risk it.

Also in China most washroom are not sanitizer you can see shit and poo most of the time and stains. So I can see washing hand might not be so common in China.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #297
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Guess you haven't been to China. Most washroom don't provide soap for you to use. In some places in China they don't even provide sink for you to wash your hands in(this happens even in Beijing so you can image in a 2nd 3rd tire city like WuHan there are even less sinks and soap for people to use). When I use to go back I bring my own wet wipes the antibacterial ones coz I rather no risk it.

Also in China most washroom are not sanitizer you can see shit and poo most of the time and stains. So I can see washing hand might not be so common in China.
many mid-aged men I've seen just walk away after using an urinal and touch the door knob

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
Fake news?
her mask ain't even st pauls color

its indigo

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."

dapperfied yraisis

FastAnna i really cant
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #299

hospitals/clinics can change mask suppliers/batch

russia closed the border with China

apparently the wechat psa was from a burnaby city councilor who reached out to the infected, if its even remotely accurate and not exaggerated...horey shet our system is ill-prepared if we did turn her away several times AND let her get on a plane for 12 hours with other people

we're lucky everyone involved in BC so far has been self-reporting/vigilant
Old 01-30-2020, 10:07 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
hospitals/clinics can change mask suppliers/batch
I'm there everyday

#yolo

Quote:

dapperfied yraisis

FastAnna i really cant
This post thanked by: