REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:44 AM   #926
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
ICBC will still prob rule it 50/50
Oh that sucks, even though he drove away?
Advertisement
anjewree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:35 AM   #927
Rs has made me the man i am today!

in the video you can't even be 100% sure that the white vehicle even hit the lexus
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #928
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
here a nice heart warm story for u rs dog lover, u know ppl likes westopher

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #929
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
in the video you can't even be 100% sure that the white vehicle even hit the lexus
That's true!
anjewree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #930
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
here a nice heart warm story for u rs dog lover, u know ppl likes westopher

Spoiler!
Where are you located?

Personally, I would have taken the dog in.

*Edit: I just reread what I wrote and it comes off condescending. This was not my intention. What I meant to write was that I would have taken responsibility for said animal as I'm in a position where I can do this. I wholeheartedly believe that sometimes animals choose you to be their partners in crime and this may have been one of these moments.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2016, 08:06 PM   #931

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Where are you located?

Personally, I would have taken the dog in.
i live with my dad in China, we rent so we cant take in animals and also too much responsibility

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 12:38 AM   #932
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Stopped by Home Depot to exchange some blinds.

Was at the Customer Service/Returns counter and I was the only customer there.

The Home Depot employee did the exchange and everything went smoothly.

Behind me, 2 seniors were walking slowly, one with a cane (and the other was supporting the other senior with the cane).

It was obvious that walking was at least somewhat difficult for the senior with the cane.

They asked another home depot employee where to find swiffer wetjets.

The home depot employee told them to go to aisle 51.

The pair then started to walk slowly to that aisle.

I knew that specific home depot well enough to know that aisle 51 is one long-ass walk, so I politely asked the pair if I could help them go to that aisle and get what they needed.

They said yes, described what they needed, and wanted 2 of then, and off I went, with my fast-walk walk.

I came back with the $25 x 2 Swiffer wetjets.

I waited for them and walked with them to the cashier.

After looking at the swiffer wetjets, the senior with the cane said she needed a "dry" mop swiffer.

I asked them to stay near the cashier while I went back to aisle 51.

I then proceeded to go back to aisle 51 and came back with 2 different options, one being $11 and one being $18.

Bingo, they said those 2 optiosn were correct, and they decided to choose one or the other.

At this time, I told them to take their time to choose, and that I had to go, and we went our merry ways.

They were very gracious.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:33 PM   #933
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Took the kids swimming today, opened a locker a found a wallet. On my way to the front counter to hand it in to lost and found, figured I should take a peek inside to see if there a decent amount of cash I shouldn't trust the youngsters working the counter with.. immediately saw some American funds then a decent amount of Canadian money folded in half. Didn't count it but lifted it up a little and saw two $100 bills right away.. could've been more of them in there but didn't want the guy to catch me counting his cash lol. There was at least $300-$400 in there I suspect, maybe more.

Decided not to hand it in but checked out the license and thought I would look him up and return it in person if he didn't hurry back. Hung out in the lobby for a 10 mins or so and saw him return. Gave him his wallet back, he was definitely appreciative but must have had kids in the car because it was a quick "thanks a lot, man!" as he hurried back out to the parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #934

so yesterday on way back home i stopped by a store to pick up some water

so walked in the store to pay for my water and i found an iphone 6 on the counter & my guess is it must be the girl that just walked out that left it there

this is china & most ppl would have just took the phone, but i ran out to see if i can still catch the girls............but i couldnt

i told the store owner to keep it for now (i trust her), the girl looked like someone that makes an average living & that she still paying off her phone (u can lease phones in china and pay every month, then the phone is yours permanently)

it would really suck balls if she lost her phone and still had to continue doing monthly payments for it

also found a iphone 4s just last week, the phone was cracked & the lcd was sort of messed up, so i gave to the CS at the mall & they me the "no one would want that" look

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 05-03-2016, 04:51 AM   #935
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol
if they have icloud signed in, and find my iphone turned on and all that jazz, taking the phone is useless. even if you can get past the first simple lock screen, you cant do jack shit about the icloud without their icloud password. you cant even reset the phone without that password.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #936
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
so yesterday on way back home i stopped by a store to pick up some water

so walked in the store to pay for my water and i found an iphone 6 on the counter & my guess is it must be the girl that just walked out that left it there

this is china & most ppl would have just took the phone, but i ran out to see if i can still catch the girls............but i couldnt

i told the store owner to keep it for now (i trust her), the girl looked like someone that makes an average living & that she still paying off her phone (u can lease phones in china and pay every month, then the phone is yours permanently)

it would really suck balls if she lost her phone and still had to continue doing monthly payments for it

also found a iphone 4s just last week, the phone was cracked & the lcd was sort of messed up, so i gave to the CS at the mall & they me the "no one would want that" look
Reminds me of a scam where some people would leave their phones in front of an atm and later if you tried to return it, they would accuse you of stealing it and extorting money for the phones return. Using the atm camera as evidence, calling the cops, and then ask if you want to just settle. (this is in asia of course). The case would obviously not go through but the stress of the process would make some settle by paying. Pretty fucked up.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #937
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Not really fitting for this thread, but tomorrow is McHappy Day.

McHappy Day | McDonalds.ca

Support Children's Charities by donating as well as buying stuff. Such a wonderful cause, to boot.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 05-03-2016 at 06:18 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 08:33 PM   #938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
lol
if they have icloud signed in, and find my iphone turned on and all that jazz, taking the phone is useless. even if you can get past the first simple lock screen, you cant do jack shit about the icloud without their icloud password. you cant even reset the phone without that password.
china is not huge on icloud, so i dont think she has that

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
Reminds me of a scam where some people would leave their phones in front of an atm and later if you tried to return it, they would accuse you of stealing it and extorting money for the phones return. Using the atm camera as evidence, calling the cops, and then ask if you want to just settle. (this is in asia of course). The case would obviously not go through but the stress of the process would make some settle by paying. Pretty fucked up.
i have heard of stories like that too, which is why i make i check before i return things

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 05-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #939
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Saw another guy with his hat out asking politely for change outside Save On this evening, he had a really soft voice and there weren't many people around so I figured he wouldn't be getting much and might be going hungry. I asked him if he was hungry and was trying to get something to eat, he said yes so I told him I'd be right back with a sandwich. I grabbed one of the premade sub style sandwiches and a chocolate bar and brought them out to him, he was really thankful and told me he'd be bringing it to his girlfriend that hurt her foot and is stuck staying in their camp (wherever that is). In hindsight I should've gone and grabbed him another sandwich but I derped at the time.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #940

my foreign friend learn a valuable lesson in china yesterday when he saw a homeless begging on the streets

so instead of giving him money, he gave him a bottle of unopened water instead & somehow the homeless guy started choking on water

so at this point someone out of no where started accusing my foreign friend for trying to get the homeless guy sick, but at this point the homeless guy was fine & turns out he just drank water too fast

my coworker told me this morning to just watch out for these things, never give a homeless man food cuz if he becomes sick then your responsible (fake or not)

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 05-05-2016, 10:45 PM   #941
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
that's just china tho,we all seen that small kid get run over and no one gave a fuck about it and kept walking...Damn china.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #942
MG1

Not many stories as of late in this thread, but I had a "nice" moment this morning. I don't see the garbage truck in my alley too often, but today I saw them coming around the corner. I ran into the house and grabbed a tin of PC chocolate coated cookies that I have in case of emergency (unexpected guests). When I gave it to the dude at the back of the truck, he was so appreciative. Him and his buddy were really happy about it. It made their day and their reaction to it made my day.

That's one shitty job. I remember seeing the guy get vacuum dust all over himself because one of my dumbass neighbours didn't bag it at all and just dumped it into the bin.

I remember seeing the neighbour across the alley giving the guys a bottle of his home made wine during last run before christmas.

Little things to make someone's day go a little better................. that's all it takes.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2016, 09:05 PM   #943
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
^ that's a nice gesture, but the fact a city employee dealing with waste services is actually a really good job.

Shitty smelling job maybe. No more heavy lifting with automation. Pensions, benefits a salary well above average. No education required. In reality it's a bit of a jackpot of a position if you can handle the smell.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 07-21-2016 at 09:13 PM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:24 PM   #944
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
they also make about $30hr for tossing out trash.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:02 PM   #945
MG1

Maybe a simple, "bump," to this thread would have been more beneficial.

Anyway, I don't think how many benefits or how much someone gets paid for whatever has much to do with it. It was something unexpected and "random". A doctor who looked after one of my kids when they were very ill got a bottle of sake from me. That bottle meant something to this guy, who probably makes a shitload of money and can afford a boatload of sake. It was a simple, "thanks" from me.

He didn't expect it and like I said, it meant a lot to him. I could tell from the smile he had on his face.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2016, 10:20 PM   #946
MG1

Oh, another one............ it happened to me two days ago. I went back to where I used to work before retiring. Dude who I didn't know that well came up to me and said, "You know, you're one of the good ones. There aren't many of you good guys left...... just wanted you to know that."

You know how much just hearing that meant to me? I can't remember what I said back to him, but his "nice gesture" I will treasure. He wasn't the boss or the person who signed the paycheques. Just the groundskeeper, who knew more about the place than anybody else.

BTW, dude gets paid peanuts, but he absolutely loves his job and from what I hear, everybody loves him.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #947
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Sorry. Not taking away your gesture. Thats fantastic. It just sounded like your view on the garbage man was... In the garbage lol.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #948
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Was at ikea, and blocking the underground lane a guy was loading up his van with two queen mattresses and a whole shit load of long boxes, couple cars honked at him as they squeezed by. I stopped my car blocked the lane and got out to help him. We loaded the boxes had to rearrange shit to fit(basically empty the thing) we got it fit in much to the chagrin of people trying to get by lol
He was much appreciative and we shook hands and went our way. Let me tell you those boxes were heavy as fuck and I give the guy props for getting them out to his van by himself he ruined his outfit with all his sweat poor guy.

Spoiler!
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #949
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I wonder if it's the same guy that jammed up the Knight St bridge after all his boxes fell out lol.

Good of you to help him but fuck, how bout parking in the loading section like normal people?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #950
MG1

Better yet, where are the Ikea workers?

This post thanked by: