REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #751
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
My wife and I (more my wife) have got in the habit of giving left overs to homeless after dining out. She also assembled her cousins and friends a few times to hit up a sky train station and give out home made sandwiches and chips, snacks and water.
Advertisement
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #752
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Parenting, you're doing it right did he end up helping him in his garden?
No, he told my son that he was just finishing and then ruffled his hair a little. I could see the smile from my house.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #753
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
No, he told my son that he was just finishing and then ruffled his hair a little. I could see the smile from my house.
That's awesome
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #754
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
was parking my car, homeless guy outside of 7-11 thought i was gonna hit my bumper on the parking boulder bump thingy, but I didn't, but i gave him pretty much all the change i had in my wallet to him for kinda helping me keep my car damage free
Old 05-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #755
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
this random act's of kindness thread is excellent and always put's a smile on my face seeing everyone being so caring and unselfish but I would like to tell you guys a random act of kindness that someone did to me today.

I have a 15 year old Bengal leopard cat that I love more then anything in the world. I came home from work yesterday and right away I know something is wrong with him, Sunday he slept all day and yesterday he was walking and talking really weird. He wasn't eating food including wet food and treats that I never give him. I'm scared as fuck cause I love this guy so much and I post on FB what's a good local vet I should use because I don' trust vets these days since I have heard and experienced a number of bad stories.

I wake up this morning and one of my customers from work posted saying one of his best friends dad's owns Guildford Animal hospital and he wouldn't take a pet anywhere else. I send him a text thanking him and I book a appointment first thing this morning. I get to the vet tell them what's up and they are going over my cat saying they want to admit him for the day and give him a IV since hes very dehydrated and do blood tests... Fuck that's going to cost a lot but I don't care I would do anything for my little guy. Well the receptionist comes in looks at her paper and says perfect I don't need to quote you on the pricing?????

I'm like UMMMM WTF DO YOU MEAN??? well it turns out my customer called his buddy and his buddy called the vet and told them that I don't have to pay for anything since I'm a close friend and haven't even met the guy before... My jaw straight up hit the ground and it hasn't moved because no one in my life has ever done something so thoughtful for me before especially someone I haven't met before.

Turn's out my cat has a bad pancreatic infection and hes getting a ultrasound later tonight and spending the night at the vet still all free no charge!! The service has been top notch and for them it's not about the money its about the love for the animals so if you live in Surrey and are looking for a vet no question go to Guildford Animal hospital because with me they gained a customer for life!!

Here's a pic of him I took on the vet table
BBCode (message boards & forums)

Last edited by murd0c; 05-27-2014 at 06:19 PM.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #756
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Hope everything goes well for the little guy.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #757
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
this random act's of kindness thread is excellent and always put's a smile on my face seeing everyone being so caring and unselfish but I would like to tell you guys a random act of kindness that someone did to me today.

I have a 15 year old Bengal leopard cat that I love more then anything in the world. I came home from work yesterday and right away I know something is wrong with him, Sunday he slept all day and yesterday he was walking and talking really weird. He wasn't eating food including wet food and treats that I never give him. I'm scared as fuck cause I love this guy so much and I post on FB what's a good local vet I should use because I don' trust vets these days since I have heard and experienced a number of bad stories.

I wake up this morning and one of my customers from work posted saying one of his best friends dad's owns Guildford Animal hospital and he wouldn't take a pet anywhere else. I send him a text thanking him and I book a appointment first thing this morning. I get to the vet tell them what's up and they are going over my cat saying they want to admit him for the day and give him a IV since hes very dehydrated and do blood tests... Fuck that's going to cost a lot but I don't care I would do anything for my little guy. Well the receptionist comes in looks at her paper and says perfect I don't need to quote you on the pricing?????

I'm like UMMMM WTF DO YOU MEAN??? well it turns out my customer called his buddy and his buddy called the vet and told them that I don't have to pay for anything since I'm a close friend and haven't even met the guy before... My jaw straight up hit the ground and it hasn't moved because no one in my life has ever done something so thoughtful for me before especially someone I haven't met before.

Turn's out my cat has a bad pancreatic infection and hes getting a ultrasound later tonight and spending the night at the vet still all free no charge!! The service has been top notch and for them it's not about the money its about the love for the animals so if you live in Surrey and are looking for a vet no question go to Guildford Animal hospital because with me they gained a customer for life!!
fucking onions bro, fucking onions
Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #758
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
I can't beat that...but I'll add to keep the thread going.

GF and I were at Silvercity Coquitlam the other night, and we were wasting time at the arcade there before the movie.

For some reason, I was on a massive roll, and won 3 little smurf dolls with the machine with the claws that you pick up the prizes.

We were then walking around, when we saw a mom and two little girls, who looked a little out of place in a movie theater - almost nervous - so the GF and I walked to the girls, asked their mom if it was ok to give them 2 dolls, and asked them to pick the ones they wanted.

At first they were all pretty wtf, but immediately they beamed and took one each, and thanked us.

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #759
RS controls my life!

After a night of drinking o monday i went to the mcdonalds on granville for some junior chickens. When i got to my seat I noticed a sim card on the ground, obviously from a stolen phone(or a rent-a-phone). Out of the goodness of my heart i tried to bring it to the cashier so they could put it in a lost and found. Unfortunately the cashier had no idea what a friggen sim card was and had no idea what a lost and found was. I left it on the counter after countless attempts to explain the concept of both of those things. At least I tried...
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:25 PM   #760
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Was hanging out with a buddy at Tims, when a homeless guy comes up to me and asks for some change so he could grab a coffee. I told him I didn't have any change and but I would buy him a coffee. So I line up and place my order for him. When I received the coffee, the manager told me it was really nice of me to do that for him so he gave me a free coffee and a donut as well. I don't like the strawberry shortcake donuts so I gave the homeless guy my donut too. Instant karma.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #761
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:

Reminds me of this video, sorta.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #762
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Those who are wondering my cat actually survived that and he's driving me crazy like before crying to get outside. The vet bill wasn't actually free my customer saved me $500 off the bill so I only had to pay $1000. Still a lot of cash but I love my little guy and was more then ok paying that.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #763
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
I have a Bengal as well! Nice cat Murd0c. Glad to hear all is well. My 9 year old Bengal, Chester, just put puncture holes in my brand new leather sectional.. wanted to kill him and here you are saving yours!

Donated $100 to relatives searching for their missing Calgary family members yesterday.. if you have the means to donate, here is the link: Let's help out our wonderful friends Jesse and Nancy! | Other - YouCaring.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #764
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
I started doing this a month or so ago. It all started when some random dude was roaming around the McD's in Ferndale, Wa. He asked if I had anything for him to eat. I said yes, I just happen to have an apple pie. Those things are like 50 cents! He was pretty happy. Now every time I trek out to Seattle I purchas 10 pies and give them out to people who look like they need it. I shop at Uwajimaya in the Chinatown area of Seattle. There's no shortage of down and out people.

Sometimes the McDs doesn't have ten pies, but it only takes them 15 minutes or less to make them. Five bucks and fifteen minutes of my time. Hell, I spend 20 times that much time on RS, lol. Also, so easy to hand them out, being in boxes and whatnot.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #765
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
^
thanks old man, i recently got a shit load of spare change (10 1 dollar bills in china) & now i know what im gonna be doing with my change (gonna be buying buns tonight & hand them.out to need ppl)

in the metro & i just saw a kid having problems with his english HW, so i gave him some help & he ask me if i was a teacher which i.told him im not

also would like thank the kid as well for helping out with my chinese as i had the wrong word when i was typing a msg (im trying to learn to read chinese right now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 07-19-2014 at 08:17 AM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #766
MG1

Quote:
My jaw straight up hit the ground and it hasn't moved because no one in my life has ever done something so thoughtful for me before especially someone I haven't met before.
It has come full circle, my friend. You have been so nice to others and now it's your turn. Lots of good people out there, yeah?

Time to go listen to some Louis Armstrong (What a Wonderful World).
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2014, 06:53 AM   #767
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
dilemma time:

i found a transit card at metro station & i kind i wanna return it, but its a real pain in the ass to do it as i have to.travel to the headquarters which is.a hassle

it has 72 bux in it, which is more then mine but its still not my money & now i duno if i should return it or just keep it (this will be my 3rd transit card if i keep it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #768
MG1

I have no idea how those passes work, but am I correct in assuming there is no name on it? If so, returning it doesn't benefit anyone, except Translink, and they've made their money off of it already.

How about giving it to someone you know and ask them to donate whatever money they think it is worth to a charity.

Again, I have no idea how those things work, as I only take transit once in a blue moon. If that card/pass has a name on it, then that's a different story.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #769
MG1

I went to the Powell Street Festival today. I parked on Cordova Street across from Oppenheimer Park. I decided to cut through tent city. Wanted to see first hand what kind of shithole it was. Place was kind of abandoned. Anyway. I hear this yelling in the distance. A "Fuck you!" I walk toward where the yelling came from and there's this vagrant lying on the grass cursing and swearing. He sees me and says, "Hi." I ask him whatsup and he tells me he needs help getting back onto his wheel chair. I can see why nobody in tent city is helping him. He smelled pretty bad. I'm talking urine mixed in with god who knows what else. I held my breath and helped him get up. I am suffering from a bad case of De Quervain's Tendinosis, so my left hand is pretty useles. I had to have him put his arms around my neck while I held his wheel chair from moving/flipping.

He got back in after a bit of struggling. At the end he thanked me profusely. So much for fellow homeless people helping each other out, eh?

Good deed for the day. Now need to take a sonic shower, LOL.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #770
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
There's a homeless guy I often see at Timmy's on my way to work. Asked for money (which I hate giving away) so I got him a breakfast sandwich instead. He had a cart full of scrap and cans, so I asked him if he wanted a bag of cans. Of course he said sure, so I told him to be at the same Timmy's the next morning and I'd bring them, not sure if he'd show up.

Sure enough he was there so I gave him my extra-large black garbage bag stuffed full of cans. His eyes lit up, he said thanks and I went to work. At coffee I told a couple of other guys about him, and they said we should give him any extra cans at work. I also mentioned he looked like a metal collector, and one of the other guys said we should put aside some scrap for him (of course, we go through a LOT of scrap metal at work and have a guy who picks up a truck full every week).

So I stop by Timmy's and the guy's not there. I keep stopping by for almost 2 weeks and never see the guy. I figure he's moved on to another area. Couple weeks later at work my co-worker says "hey, is that the guy here to pick up the cans"? Sure enough, he happens to be pushing his cart down our street. So I flag him down and we give him our cans and some scrap.

He started coming by every 2-3 weeks and we give him our saved cans and some "choice" scrap metal (we set aside copper and aluminum for him, as it's what gets the most money). I thought his eyes lit up when I first gave him that bag of cans - you should have seen them when we loaded his cart up with a bunch of scrap aluminum.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen him all summer. It really makes you wonder if something happened to him that caused him to stop coming by.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2014, 03:46 AM   #771

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
maybe he saved up enough money to go on to a quieter place....instead of hiding under a sleeping bag with 100s of people a day staring you down in disgust.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #772
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Well...

Was in a Tim Horton's drive thru and for whatever reason, I decided to pay for the person behind me. I'm not sure what came about me at that moment but I thought "hey, what's the worst that could happen? I spend $2.50 more on top of my bagel and steeped tea?"

well... I guess the person behind me was making a coffee/doughnut run for their office or something because their bill came to $23.00. Lol..

I still paid for it and pulled up to wait for them to pull up to the pick up window. Gave them a wave and drove off. That person gave me a thumbs up. #FEELSGOODMAN
Old 08-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #773
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Helped a lady at Costco pick up a 24 pack of water that fell from her cart and put it back onto her cart. She was so happy.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #774

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
^That's not a random act of kindness, that's an act of common decency that every person should have...

That being said, common decency, common courtesy, and common sense are not common at all now lol
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #775
Banned By Establishment

I was at 7-11 and there was a homeless guy outside asking for change. I went there to get a whole $6.99 pizza for myself to eat. I knew I couldn't finish it all by myself so when I left the store I asked him if he wanted a slice of pizza and he looked very happy. He grabbed a slice and then I told him to take another one which he refused but I insisted and he took another slice.

Then some high school teenagers also hanging outside 7-11 asked me for a cigarette