REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 08-11-2022, 09:29 PM   #4001
Old School RS

Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,203 Posts
Rolex called yesterday, and when they call, you answer - I finally have a Daytona. Someday I hope to "move up" to a stainless but for now, this thing rocks my world. With that said, I wear the Seamaster 3x as much - it feels like the not showy, super versatile choice on the rubber strap. The Nomos was my first good watch and I still love for its lightweight and simplicity.

-Mark
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2022, 06:02 AM   #4002
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Congrats on the Daytona!

The two Nomos in my collection still get a lot of wrist time with the TAG Heuer Carrera in rotation.

Any plans to get a darker dial in your collection?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:09 AM   #4003
Old School RS

I am hoping for a mint green DJ41 or a two tone Sub next - we'll see, but the next one won't be white. But I do love white dials, just creates such nice contrast.

-Mark
Old 08-12-2022, 06:36 AM   #4004
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Rolex called yesterday, and when they call, you answer - I finally have a Daytona. Someday I hope to "move up" to a stainless but for now, this thing rocks my world. With that said, I wear the Seamaster 3x as much - it feels like the not showy, super versatile choice on the rubber strap. The Nomos was my first good watch and I still love for its lightweight and simplicity.

-Mark
Congrats! Which AD and how long did you wait?
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:41 AM   #4005
RS Veteran

No AD is even willing to entertain an OP or DJ for me here in Toronto. Just get laughed out the door!

Edit: I ended up picking up an Omega DeVille for my fiancee but through the grey market. Local ADs were tough on price and the savings made it worth while. Lesson learned - buy now or deal with the prices later. I was hoping to build a relationship with the local ADs for even a hint of consideration for a Rolex but no luck.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 08-12-2022, 06:52 AM   #4006
Old School RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Congrats! Which AD and how long did you wait?
I have been dealing with the Rolex Boutique on Alberni and have bought 3 watches total, 2 not pictured here as one is for my wife and one I am basically just sitting in a box and don't wear. Those three are my rotation. If I get my DJ41, I will probably sell the Nomos.

In terms of wait time, I was introduced to them by a very good client of theirs so I think it gave me a considerable head start on the "list" so I am not sure my experience would be that representative of what others might see. I have gotten my 3 watches in about 3 months.

With that said, both he and I have been getting calls faster than expected and I think the inventory situation is improving/demand is reducing.

I bought my Omega as a new grey market watch for a significant discount over MSRP+tax.

-Mark

Last edited by lowside67; 08-12-2022 at 06:58 AM.
lowside67 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2022, 06:54 AM   #4007
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,681 Times in 3,121 Posts
beautiful Daytona Mark!! but im still a big sucker for that Seamaster. I love Omega in general significantly more than Rolex'

p.s. watch marking has changed quite a bit since bitcoin and other crypto have taken a dump. lots of inventory is flooding the used market and new market demand is dropping.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...olex-and-patek
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2022, 07:10 AM   #4008
Old School RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
beautiful Daytona Mark!! but im still a big sucker for that Seamaster. I love Omega in general significantly more than Rolex'

p.s. watch marking has changed quite a bit since bitcoin and other crypto have taken a dump. lots of inventory is flooding the used market and new market demand is dropping.

I generally find the same as you - there are more Omegas that I am excited by than Rolexes. There is not a single OP and only a handful of DJ configurations that I am interested in, you can keep the Explorers, and I honestly think I like my Seamaster more than most Subs.

The Daytona is the watch it starts and ends at for me in the Rolex world. I love its story, I love how it looks, and I love how it feels on my wrist - it is significantly more comfortable and less obtrusive than my Skydweller.

-Mark
Old 08-12-2022, 07:50 AM   #4009
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Wait times are so variable. My AD rep started referring to the 'list' as a wish list more than a queue. A lot also has to do with what model you're looking for.
Watching them weeding out and dealing with the tire kickers, flippers and the general public who don't know that there's a wait time can be interesting.
Last month my wife and I watched someone ignore the salespeople on the floor, try to get through the locked door to the Rolex area and then trapped themselves in the metal detector tube. Our rep grumbled and let them in. After finding out that they would need to wait, they proceeded to argue about buying the exhibition models on display, and left saying they were taking their money to the Rolex Boutique on Alberni.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 08:01 AM   #4010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Wait times are so variable. My AD rep started referring to the 'list' as a wish list more than a queue. A lot also has to do with what model you're looking for.
Watching them weeding out and dealing with the tire kickers, flippers and the general public who don't know that there's a wait time can be interesting.
Last month my wife and I watched someone ignore the salespeople on the floor, try to get through the locked door to the Rolex area and then trapped themselves in the metal detector tube. Our rep grumbled and let them in. After finding out that they would need to wait, they proceeded to argue about buying the exhibition models on display, and left saying they were taking their money to the Rolex Boutique on Alberni.
plz dont tell me they were chinese
Old 08-12-2022, 08:21 AM   #4011
RS Veteran

lol

Old 08-12-2022, 08:35 AM   #4012

Quote:
plz dont tell me they were chinese
White.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:43 AM   #4013
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:

I'm so happy that the watch market is dropping, hopefully it makes obtaining a Submariner/GMT a little more obtainable
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:45 AM   #4014
Old School RS

Not to belabor the point/be boastful, but I can't stop looking at this watch. It's blingy for sure, but it feels so damn comfortable and the way it catches light is incredible. I really can see the hype for why the slightly less blingy, slightly more durable stainless/ceramic models could be the "one watch" solution.

-Mark
Old 08-14-2022, 04:16 PM   #4015

SICK

you just need miami weather and a yacht
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2022, 12:16 PM   #4016
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I dunno why but I feel like that'd look good on oysterflex
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:20 PM   #4017
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
No AD is even willing to entertain an OP or DJ for me here in Toronto. Just get laughed out the door!

Edit: I ended up picking up an Omega DeVille for my fiancee but through the grey market. Local ADs were tough on price and the savings made it worth while. Lesson learned - buy now or deal with the prices later. I was hoping to build a relationship with the local ADs for even a hint of consideration for a Rolex but no luck.
I got my blue OP from La Difference finally. I asked for an Explorer or an OP and the OP was the one that came first.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2022, 06:31 PM   #4018
Old School RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buhdeh View Post
I dunno why but I feel like that'd look good on oysterflex
The Daytona looks amazing on an Oysterflex - I'd absolutely like to have that, they only make it on white gold and above though.

-Mark
Old 08-16-2022, 05:28 AM   #4019
RS Veteran

Quote:
I got my blue OP from La Difference finally. I asked for an Explorer or an OP and the OP was the one that came first.
This is the best part. I called them last week to make an appointment and they said nothing is avaialble.

Raffi - Didn't even want to entertain
Knar - Nope
Damiani - No luck
RdV - Steered towards other brands and didn't even want to entertain a Rolex viewing
Lugaro in Vancouver/West Van - Same as RdV
Cote d'Ivore (Montreal) - Wanted me to buy other brands first

Last edited by bcrdukes; 08-16-2022 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:10 AM   #4020
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
This is the best part. I called them last week to make an appointment and they said nothing is avaialble.

Knar - Nope
Damiani - No luck
RdV - Steered towards other brands and didn't even want to entertain a Rolex viewing
I feel like La Difference would give you the highest chance IF you live close by. I know they randomly set out models pretty often as first come, first serve sales. Unfortunately, they're usually two tone / diamond Datejusts but you might get lucky.

I would try to get an exhibition try on appointment (pray you get the one non-Chinese sales guy) and then text the salesperson you get regularly for stock updates. My wife was actually the one that bought me the OP36 and she told me she texted him literally every day for 3 months (lmao).
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2022, 09:31 AM   #4021
RS Veteran

Holy shit that is aggressive hahaha. I like Rolex, but I don't think I want one that badly, especially a plain jane DJ

I may move on to Omega or Glashutte Original.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:48 AM   #4022

Quote:
My wife was actually the one that bought me the OP36 and she told me she texted him literally every day for 3 months (lmao).
great wife
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2022, 09:58 AM   #4023
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
I received a wooden watch as a gift and I need to have a couple links removed from it for it to fit properly. It looks like the pins just get gently tapped out but there's no directional marking. Is that something that's safe to DIY or is that a bad idea?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #4024

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I received a wooden watch as a gift and I need to have a couple links removed from it for it to fit properly. It looks like the pins just get gently tapped out but there's no directional marking. Is that something that's safe to DIY or is that a bad idea?
Probably safe. Only worry would be the holes in the link getting worn and the pin getting loose. Best to use a pin press I think rather than tapping it out to minimise wear/damage.

Last edited by Mikoyan; 08-16-2022 at 10:51 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2022, 10:42 AM   #4025

Quote:

Knar - Nope
Damiani - No luck
It's interesting to see everyone's AD experience, as it's so different. Ours I don't think was typical at all.

Wife wanted a specific OP config, emailed Lugaro to inquire, knowing it'd be a wait. I had warned her. Two days later they texted her, that the exact config had come in the day before.
When we picked it up even the rep was surprised we didn't have a client record with them at all.
We were looking for an Explorer and a Sub as well, again knowing there's a wait.
No clue how we got offered the explorer the next month, and the Sub the month after.

Went from Joe off the street to having OP/ex/sub in 3 months.