REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #4176
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Do both. Call, set up the expectation, and then show up in person to show you're serious.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 01:58 PM   #4177
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Just saw a local dude from FB Marketplace who had a Blackbay 58 in blue $3.8K and Tudor Chrono Panda for $7k. Pretty much at MSRP, curious why it's so cheap. Blackbay 58 you save on tax.

Seems like he's flipping all the rolexes for 1.5 - 2x though, so maybe he takes an L on these to skip the waitlist.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:38 PM   #4178
RS Veteran

The margins on Tudor are quite handsome, sometimes an upwards of 40%. I got my Black Bay when it was first released for 30% off the bat.

Given the economic situation, and if you have been following For Sale ads on various forums, typical watches like your Speedmaster and Submariner are seeing prices drop. I haven't seen so many Speedmasters go for $6000 - $6500 in a long time. Some pre-owned Submariners have been listing and selling in and around $10K now.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 12-16-2022, 03:32 PM   #4179
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
So my wife is saying she wants to get me a watch for xmas... So it looks like I might be able to join the club of "owns more than one watch" lol. My G-Shock still runs great but the display is starting to fade, and I don't think you can just replace the crystal. Basically have to replace the whole watch minus the housing, and it's a special edition, so...

So now we're looking at watches in the $3000 HKD range. I like field watches, but I dunno they kind of look small and wimpy on me... I have my eyes on a couple automatic diver watches from Seiko and Citizen. I also like some Luminox (yeah I know the marketing is all douchy and they aren't even real divers, but I like some of the designs) but those are quartz.. Which is technically probably better in every way for me, but there's some appeal to automatics I'm sure everyone here can appreciate

If anyone has any recs in that price range, I'm all ears! That's under $400 USD. I've probably already seene everything suitable but I am only looking at the big brands and maybe there's something I wouldn't have even thought of.

Oh, key is it has to be black. Very very black. Markings don't have to be though, as it still needs to be legible
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 04:21 PM   #4180
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,695 Times in 3,126 Posts

Seiko presage?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 05:10 PM   #4181

Nice but way dressy for me lol

I guess the point is the movement is pretty good quality at that price?
Old 12-16-2022, 06:50 PM   #4182
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
At well under $500 CAD, the Timex Waterbury line is fantastic value:

https://www.timex.ca/browse/collecti...ury/shop-mens/

Their automatics use Miyota 8205 which are an excellent entry-level workhorse movement
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 07:40 PM   #4183
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,181 Times in 2,408 Posts

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 07:49 PM   #4184
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

If you're not exclusively going for Mechanical movements, then maybe a SOLAR Quartz might be good? Most that I've heard of easily last ~2 decades without issues.

I PERSONALLY try to avoid Seiko at lower prices now, especially with 4R or 6R automatic movements. Their accuracy are too inconsistent, even if they are accurate for the first few months, they can easily deviate dramatically after.

Also, try not to buy Seikos sight-unseen. Alignment or other QC issues are super common. Better to see the exact model in person to check for alignment issues before buying.

Citizen have much better consistency in QC, and the 8000 and 9000 miyota movements are less prone to accuracy deviation, but downside is the louder rotors.

I also hear much less issues with Citizen's Eco-drives. I have a Seiko Solar quartz powered watch (not Seiko brand watch) that has issues. After looking it up, I've seen a few other similar reports too.

Citizen designs are less interesting overall compared to Seiko, but if you find one you like the look of, then definitely take that over Seiko.

And like posted above, Solar Casioak looks awesome~

EDIT: Seiko Presage are not what I would consider "good value or quality" at their MSRPs.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:01 PM   #4185

Yah tbh I have an original all back rubber casioak and I saw my buddy's pink full metal casioak and it's super nice. I would seriously consider the all black metal casioak at that price point.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 12-16-2022, 08:02 PM   #4186

Here's the watches I have been looking at

Seiko $1600 HKD

Citizen (same movement that's in the ones above) $2500

I also like this Seiko field watch but it's a bit slim for my liking. I'll have to try it on my wrist first. $2000

Luminox $3500 (but I would change to a black strap)

Old 12-16-2022, 08:04 PM   #4187

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

Those two were in my mind also lol.. The G-Shock is like $1000 (so probably $160 CAD). Some colours are even cheaper, like under $100 USD. But that would be a big downgrade from my Riseman.

So that's the Casioak? It reminds me of my old G-Shock cube with the analog+digital and squarish shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuYang View Post
If you're not exclusively going for Mechanical movements, then maybe a SOLAR Quartz might be good? Most that I've heard of easily last ~2 decades without issues.

I PERSONALLY try to avoid Seiko at lower prices now, especially with 4R or 6R automatic movements. Their accuracy are too inconsistent, even if they are accurate for the first few months, they can easily deviate dramatically after.

Also, try not to buy Seikos sight-unseen. Alignment or other QC issues are super common. Better to see the exact model in person to check for alignment issues before buying.

Citizen have much better consistency in QC, and the 8000 and 9000 miyota movements are less prone to accuracy deviation, but downside is the louder rotors.

I also hear much less issues with Citizen's Eco-drives. I have a Seiko Solar quartz powered watch (not Seiko brand watch) that has issues. After looking it up, I've seen a few other similar reports too.

Citizen designs are less interesting overall compared to Seiko, but if you find one you like the look of, then definitely take that over Seiko.

And like posted above, Solar Casioak looks awesome~

EDIT: Seiko Presage are not what I would consider "good value or quality" at their MSRPs.
The thing I don't like about solar watches is that I quite often have to put them out in the sun to charge, since they don't get enough light to keep a charge with normal use. At least my Riseman was like that. Part of me wonders if the reason the crystal (or whatever) is fading is because it is out in the sun for long periods of time. At least with a mechanical I can just wind it up if it runs out
Old 12-16-2022, 08:09 PM   #4188

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Those two were in my mind also lol.. The G-Shock is like $1000 (so probably $160 CAD). But that would be a big downgrade from my Riseman
This is the full metal one, retails $600 USD but my buddy was able to get it locally for $600 cad so you probably have some wiggle room.

I have an skx007 (precursor to the Seiko 5 shown above) and an og rubber casioak, and I'll say that I wear my casioak and enjoy it way more than my Seiko.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 12-16-2022, 08:25 PM   #4189
SiRVs up, dude

Any one know where I can go in the lower mainland to look at some Grand Seikos?
Old 12-16-2022, 08:28 PM   #4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
This is the full metal one, retails $600 USD but my buddy was able to get it locally for $600 cad so you probably have some wiggle room.

I have an skx007 (precursor to the Seiko 5 shown above) and an og rubber casioak, and I'll say that I wear my casioak and enjoy it way more than my Seiko.
(edit nm it's around $480 USD)

I'd have to see how legible it is.. I love blacked out watches, but they still have to be legible. The thing I like about the black Seikos is that the digits and hands are glossy, so you can hit several angles to catch the light to read them.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:15 PM   #4191
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
maybe this is so last page, but idk why anyone would buy a fake watch.
ppl who don't know/care about watches won't even look at your wrist, and people who do look at your wrist can prob spot a fake or at least will ask enough questions that your cover will be blown. why even put yourself in that situation, unless maybe you're the type to wear the fake and then openly tell people its fake when the topic comes up. in that case you're a special breed that likes to show off only to strangers that you will never talk to and whose opinion of you is only fleeting anyway..
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 12:17 PM   #4192
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

If anyone has any recs in that price range, I'm all ears! That's under $400 USD. I've probably already seene everything suitable but I am only looking at the big brands and maybe there's something I wouldn't have even thought of.

Oh, key is it has to be black. Very very black. Markings don't have to be though, as it still needs to be legible
I'm a big fan of Hamilton field watches because they were actually Military issued

HAMILTON Khaki Field King Automatic Black Dial PVD Men's Watch - $469 USD
https://www.jomashop.com/hamilton-kh...h64465733.html
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2022, 12:27 PM   #4193

That Hamilton is sweet, might have to check around.. I saw some at a store but not with that crown protection! I really like it
Old 12-17-2022, 03:37 PM   #4194
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
Any one know where I can go in the lower mainland to look at some Grand Seikos?
Rodeo Jewellers at Terminal City, 855 West Hastings Street or Golden Tree Jewellers in Langley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
in that case you're a special breed that likes to show off only to strangers that you will never talk to and whose opinion of you is only fleeting anyway..
This reminds me of someone we know hahaha

This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2022, 04:43 PM   #4195

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
maybe this is so last page, but idk why anyone would buy a fake watch.
ppl who don't know/care about watches won't even look at your wrist, and people who do look at your wrist can prob spot a fake or at least will ask enough questions that your cover will be blown. why even put yourself in that situation, unless maybe you're the type to wear the fake and then openly tell people its fake when the topic comes up. in that case you're a special breed that likes to show off only to strangers that you will never talk to and whose opinion of you is only fleeting anyway..
its just like the poser car crowd, or the poser shoe crowd, or the poser anything crowd. Vanity is a real problem with these kids and they often have paper thin skin. Fake it till they make it types.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:41 PM   #4196
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
When I was younger I considered getting a fake Submariner because I liked the way it looked but couldn't afford the real deal. It wouldn't have been to try to impress anyone else. Then I realized I couldn't afford a half decent fake either, so I never bothered.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 04:02 AM   #4197

I tried on that black Seiko diver, but it really felt kind of "childish" on me, even compared to my old G-Shock. Even a goofball like me with the tattoos and hair and everything lol

Going to try one of the field watches I've been eyeing next. Seiko has some nice ones, but that Hamilton really catches my eye.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:09 AM   #4198

Too bad it's limited edition and out of your price range but the Hamilton watch from Tenet I feel would be badass for you

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-ca/...d-edition.html

Oh how about the Arnold watch from Predator

https://www.thebay.com/product/seiko...-91387188.html
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Last edited by sonick; 12-20-2022 at 09:26 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2022, 10:26 AM   #4199
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Can any of you ID this watch? The photos are terrible but the best I've got atm.

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 12:54 PM   #4200

looks like a diver... maybe the rolex smurf sub?

or invictus smurf wannabe
This post thanked by: