REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-20-2022, 01:22 PM   #4201
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
That's a very vivid blue and very few companies offer a blue in that tone. I recall, and may VERY well be wrong, but I think JLC may have offered a dive watch (since discontinued) that is a very bright blue.

The only other thing, without any context behind the photo shared, is that it's a TAG Heuer Aquaracer but their blue is not that bright. I think Badhobz is on the ball for Submariner or an Invicta.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 01:51 PM   #4202
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
I went to Lugaro today to look at Tudors.

I really like the Blackbay 41/58 in Black and gold?, as well as blue. The Blackbay 36 reminded me of an Rolex OP.

The girl that was helping me said if I copped both she'd sell me the Tudor Panda too. That's when I realized that was $4.3K + 3.6K + $6.3K + Tax and I quickly ran outta because I'm not that guy. Might go back and see if she'd put me on the list for submariner / DJ41 if I buy 2.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2022, 02:03 PM   #4203
RS Veteran

Does she come with the purchase of all three watches?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2022, 03:18 PM   #4204
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
That's a very vivid blue and very few companies offer a blue in that tone. I recall, and may VERY well be wrong, but I think JLC may have offered a dive watch (since discontinued) that is a very bright blue.

The only other thing, without any context behind the photo shared, is that it's a TAG Heuer Aquaracer but their blue is not that bright. I think Badhobz is on the ball for Submariner or an Invicta.
Sorry yeah context would probably help. It's from the pilot episode of Castle. That aired in spring 2009 so it's from 2008 or older. They changed the watch after the pilot so this one is only shown in a couple of scenes. I'm guessing that makes it harder to determine what it is because it could just be a cheap prop someone grabbed. Looking up the Submariner there seem to be a lot of watches that copy the look so it's probably impossible to know exactly what this is.

I found this site that says for the rest of the series they used an Omega Speedmaster Professional, and that Nathan Fillion wore an Omega for the earlier seasons too, but that might not mean anything.

https://www.watch-id.com/sightings/o...a-katic-castle
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2022, 03:41 PM   #4205
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Does she come with the purchase of all three watches?
I'll ask for ya

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 04:05 PM   #4206
RS Veteran

@underscore - Thanks for that.

Given the context, Omega did release an electric blue Seamaster (Omega Seamaster Electric Blue Wave Dial Mens Watch 2265.80.00)

You may need to do a few image searches using the reference number above. The blue does not show well on Omega's website (looks darker) but appears a lot brighter in the right lighting conditions.

I have a feeling I am wrong. If you really zoom in to the bracelet of the watch, it doesn't suggest an Omega Seamaster. It almost looks like a TAG Heuer Link.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2022, 10:13 AM   #4207
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
It's tricky because the first image looks more like the Rolex or Omega but the second looks more like the TAG Heuer. I might just make a clip of the whole scene, that might be more clear than a couple of blurry stills.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 11:18 AM   #4208
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Luminox $3500 (but I would change to a black strap)

love my luminox. I do have the diver version whcih has the gasses in the worlds so it luminates, does this version have the same feature?
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 02:40 PM   #4209
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
love my luminox. I do have the diver version whcih has the gasses in the worlds so it luminates, does this version have the same feature?
Yeah they all have these little tritium tubes that glow without being charged; you can see them in the watch above, on the hands and the dial. There's one where the numbers are written using tubes, but it looks hideous lol
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:21 AM   #4210

Thanked 8,697 Times in 3,128 Posts
I think i might have found my next watch aspiration

this IWC pilots watch chrono looks pretty epic.

Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2022, 07:25 AM   #4211
RS Veteran

Did you happen to watch Top Gun: Maverick to have inspired it? They feature a few IWCs as product placement throughout the movie.

Unrelated to this: I won an auction for a vintage Omega CK2639 with Arabic numbers and Radium Dial. All original but no box/papers. Lots of patina. Verified and authenticated by Eric Ku of Rolex fame. Should be interesting. My first vintage watch. Will share pics when I receive it.

Edit - Picture of said watch

Last edited by bcrdukes; 12-28-2022 at 07:34 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2022, 07:49 AM   #4212

^woowwoow nice! my buddy collects vintages but i personally would be way to scared to wear something that historic and delicate.

i didnt know top gun had IWC placements in it. I must have not noticed it. I actually saw it on watchfinder youtube. Its a big ole boy, maybe a bit too thick on the wrist.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:57 AM   #4213
RS Veteran

Likewise. I often try not to delve into vintage but the price was alright given the market and I factored in servicing costs to get some seals replaced and an adjustment, but nothing more.

Omega made a lot of these movements (cal. 265) so parts are plentiful and not a very complicated movement. I will prefer to keep the dial and hands original. Unsure of the crystal for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^woowwoow nice! my buddy collects vintages but i personally would be way to scared to wear something that historic and delicate.

i didnt know top gun had IWC placements in it. I must have not noticed it. I actually saw it on watchfinder youtube. Its a big ole boy, maybe a bit too thick on the wrist.
Buy now before IWC jakcs up the prices like all the other brands out there!

This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2022, 08:12 AM   #4214
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
IWC has had a long connection to Top Gun, the actual Navy Program, not the movie. Only Graduates and Instructors have access to purchase specially badged watches.
IWC made the stopwatch used in the movie, it didn't exist before, but it's now available in a special Top Gun themed kit with a chronograph.
Rolex,Omega,Britling all have special programs to produce limited badged or custom runs. A lot of "Special" military teams/regiments/services do this on the regular.
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2022, 06:54 AM   #4215

Quote:
Did you happen to watch Top Gun: Maverick to have inspired it? They feature a few IWCs as product placement throughout the movie.

Unrelated to this: I won an auction for a vintage Omega CK2639 with Arabic numbers and Radium Dial. All original but no box/papers. Lots of patina. Verified and authenticated by Eric Ku of Rolex fame. Should be interesting. My first vintage watch. Will share pics when I receive it.

Edit - Picture of said watch
That is an absolutely gorgeous patina. That watch is amazing

Is it common for a Swiss watch not to say "Swiss Made" on the dial? I know I've seen a lot of Omegas that have that marking, but maybe they didn't do it when this watch was made?
Old 12-29-2022, 07:32 AM   #4216
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Gorgeous Omega!

It's not totally uncommon for some very vintage original dials to not have "Swiss Made" or "Swiss" markings. Sometimes I chalk it up to redials but the ones I've seen without "Swiss" or "Swiss Made" are usually from the 30's to 40's. Might have something to do with who cased them as well as some swiss brands back then often had the watches cased by a third-party in Canada or the US to get around tariffs.

This is my late 30's/early 40's Lemania (which was acquired by Omega around this period) with an original and untouched enamel dial w/out any swiss markings

rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2022, 07:37 AM   #4217
RS Veteran

Good eye and good catch.

Yes, it is common for Swiss watches to note the "Swiss Made" (or similar variation) on most dials. This particular model/series began in 1949 or so, and Omega did not begin begin the common practice of having "Swiss Made" on dials consistently until the 1950s. Because there were so many iterations of this model produced, I believe Omega didn't use dials with Swiss Made until at least 1952. I suspect the model I have is 1951 just before they switched over to the calibre 266. Mine is a calibre 265. Don't quote me on that as my research has been limited.

Edit: rb beat me to it but I would liken him to be more of the expert and authority.

P.S. - Love the Lemania chronometer. I have a soft spot for Lemania and their movements and its history. I sure miss my Heuer CS3111 re-issue. That movement was so reliable and the accurate when well maintained. What is the reference number in your example?

This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2022, 08:16 AM   #4218
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:

P.S. - Love the Lemania chronometer. I have a soft spot for Lemania and their movements and its history. I sure miss my Heuer CS3111 re-issue. That movement was so reliable and the accurate when well maintained. What is the reference number in your example?
Thanks. There's no exact reference number but Lemania collectors often refer to these as a 15 series (15", 15ligne, 15 CHT, 15TL) due to the many variations but this one is best known as the "33.3" - a predecessor to the Omega Cal 321 in the moonwatch

https://www.vintage-portfolio.com/ca...or-of-an-icon/

rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2022, 09:03 AM   #4219

so cool. so much history in horology and its interesting to see these old school pieces and how it they evolved into modern day movements.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:53 AM   #4220

I didnt know this was possible until i saw a dude at work rock it. WTF so epic

This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2023, 07:58 PM   #4221
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

That is AWESOME!

I'm not a big fan of smart watches, but I would totally do that if I had one. Change the dial on a regular basis when you get bored of a particular "watch" :P
Old 01-03-2023, 09:37 PM   #4222

To each their own
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #4223

I got this G-Shock ish strap from amazon and paired it with a G shock-ish watch face. WIN!!

This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 09:53 AM   #4224
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,187 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I got this G-Shock ish strap from amazon and paired it with a G shock-ish watch face. WIN!!

ok now that's cool.

The shadows and all makes it actually look like a 3D watch face at first glance!
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 10:13 AM   #4225

Apple watch, the only watch where you can make a 500 dollar smart watch look like a Casio piece of shit from 1999. EXCELLENT!

If anyone is interested, you just download this free app called Clockology and then reddit clock faces for clockology. Its super easy to install afterwards as you just hit a button and it automatically uploads it to your apple watch.