REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Denim Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/520872-denim-thread.html)

Hehe 11-17-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8803028)
looking to buy some comfortable jeans for around $200.......

I have a couple of J brands which are nice

must be skinny but not too skinny to make people think I love my own gender

:pokerface:

Raleigh denim workshop. Their basic selvedge starts at around $185 last time I bought.

I used to wear Diesel/Japanese Levis, then N&F... got a pair from Raleigh once and never looked back.

unit 11-18-2016 09:07 AM

i used to wear iron hearts, samurais, momotaros, now i wear $40 levis :)

Mr.HappySilp 11-18-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8803340)
i used to wear iron hearts, samurais, momotaros, now i wear $40 levis :)

Levis are awesome! Especially if you can found them on sale at the The bay. Regular price $89 when is only sale it can go as low as $39.

unit 11-18-2016 11:25 AM

yeah, really cant complain. levis lasts just as long as raw denim, if not longer.
i was looking for a lighter wash jean and couldn't find it anywhere with the premium brands. found a pair of levis 511 that i liked, and realized if it had a different patch on it i probably would have thought it was worth $200+. there's no such thing as value in the denim world.

Hehe 11-19-2016 08:44 PM

I go through American Levis and Diesel like no tomorrow.

My big fat thighs wear out the clutch in no time. I used to get them patched... but it still wouldn't last very long... and cost 35bucks every time. I'm not sure if it's the material or cuts, but I have had my Raleigh for almost 3yrs now... and the clutch part is still in perfect condition. Sure I lost some weight... but still. Wife got me a pair of 501 last BF, and it was done in less than a year and I still wore the Raleigh most of the time.

unit 11-21-2016 07:35 AM

from what i've noticed, $300 raw denim tears at the crotch within a year of heavy wear every time. i have average sized thighs and i don't think it makes a difference. maybe raleighs are reinforced there, i dont know.

Expresso 11-21-2016 10:06 AM

lol unit! how times have changed. I like the little details that the Japanese companies and 3sixteen/RT bring, but these days I also am just wearing 511s too...

unit 11-21-2016 11:07 AM

haha! i still dig it. i'll prob even buy more eventually, but right now i'm rotating levis and momotaru. its fashion after all so i know it's not about value, i just want to dispel the notion that raw denim somehow lasts longer. some might, but that's not generally true.

alwayslive 11-23-2016 10:48 AM

SOSO Clothing

has anyone heard of this brand? They're currently offering 25% discount if you sign up for their newsletter, I think they're pretty new. Seems like a pretty good deal for custom raw denim

Mr.HappySilp 10-29-2017 12:07 PM

Any try Uniqlo jeans? They have a new style and it seems very stretchy and comfy. And is only $49!

- kT 10-31-2017 09:07 PM

i had a pair of uniqlo jeans a few years back - they were stretchy and comfortable back then. havn't seen or felt the new ones, but i imagine it'd be a similar feel

Mr.HappySilp 11-02-2017 09:03 PM

Sigh just notice two pair of my Levi's near the crotch area needs fixing. Not sure if it is worth to fix them since I had them for forever. Might just end up replacing them with other style of pants since well.... I only have jeans lol.

kunoman1 11-04-2017 03:28 PM

Just got a pair of 21oz dark blue unbranded jeans for 80 bucks. First pair of raw thick ass denim, lets see how this goes. It's like wearing pants made of wood.

Any suggestions/tips people?

Acethriller 11-04-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunoman1 (Post 8870313)
Just got a pair of 21oz dark blue unbranded jeans for 80 bucks. First pair of raw thick ass denim, lets see how this goes. It's like wearing pants made of wood.

Damn that is one heavy pair to break in.
Not much tips other than keep wearing them.
Hang them up to air out whenever you're not wearing them and invest in some denim spray.

Renxo 11-20-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8869114)
Any try Uniqlo jeans? They have a new style and it seems very stretchy and comfy. And is only $49!

My new go to pair, so comfy compared to non-stretch ones. Make sure you give them a good salt + distilled vinegar bath before wearing them because they bleed a lot.

rice cooker 11-28-2017 10:50 PM

uniqlo and h&m jean s cheap n comfy but dont last very long

rice cooker 11-28-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8803028)
looking to buy some comfortable jeans for around $200.......

I have a couple of J brands which are nice

must be skinny but not too skinny to make people think I love my own gender

:pokerface:

try PRPS or MNML

6793026 11-29-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice cooker (Post 8874803)
uniqlo and h&m jean s cheap n comfy but dont last very long

you do get what you pay for my man.

H&M stuff for sure, I've never really tried Uniqlo but i'm a bit surprised as they seem to be legit in quality on all things i buy from them.

frost91 11-29-2017 11:28 AM

i purchased a few pairs of mnml.la jeans, love them.

i have an extra brand new pair of m1 if your interesting in trying... .just PM your size

Mr.HappySilp 12-02-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunoman1 (Post 8870313)

I just order a pair too. How's the sizing.

kunoman1 12-03-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8875578)
I just order a pair too. How's the sizing.

I'm normally a 31 waist but had to get a 33 slim because my quads and ass are too big. So far I've got some really good wallet fading and cause I managed to ride a bike a couple times, got a weird crotch fade going. Not sure if that's cause of thigh rubbing or if its from the saddle. It's taken bit over a month but they're finally broken in enough to easily tie my shoes, dance in the bar and walk 7k back and forth to school.

If you have thick legs, you'll probably need to size up and wear a belt. I had them hemmed as they were probably like 33, 36. The denim is so thick it broke the needle in the machine ..

Mr.HappySilp 12-03-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunoman1 (Post 8875752)
I'm normally a 31 waist but had to get a 33 slim because my quads and ass are too big. So far I've got some really good wallet fading and cause I managed to ride a bike a couple times, got a weird crotch fade going. Not sure if that's cause of thigh rubbing or if its from the saddle. It's taken bit over a month but they're finally broken in enough to easily tie my shoes, dance in the bar and walk 7k back and forth to school.

If you have thick legs, you'll probably need to size up and wear a belt. I had them hemmed as they were probably like 33, 36. The denim is so thick it broke the needle in the machine ..

My legs are pretty skinny. I order the same size as I always wear since I heard they do stretch out a bit. maybe I should change my order now......

kunoman1 12-03-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8875779)
My legs are pretty skinny. I order the same size as I always wear since I heard they do stretch out a bit. maybe I should change my order now......

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt..I've never owned a pair of thick ass raw jeans and the little I know (don't wash em, sizing etc) is from the people at the jeans store

Mr.HappySilp 12-08-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunoman1 (Post 8875784)
Take my thoughts with a grain of salt..I've never owned a pair of thick ass raw jeans and the little I know (don't wash em, sizing etc) is from the people at the jeans store

lol way too skinny had to bit the bullet since is final sale. Going to give it to a friend since he is skinny ass it should fit him.

ForbiddenX 08-30-2018 12:36 PM

Where can you find Momotaros locally? Thinking of getting a pair