REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Denim Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/520872-denim-thread.html)

zetazeta 12-12-2013 12:10 PM

Damn their regular indigo really doesn't fade. I wore mine for a year and noticed barely any difference and decided to get a pair of APC's instead :P

Expresso 12-12-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetazeta (Post 8380780)
Damn their regular indigo really doesn't fade. I wore mine for a year and noticed barely any difference and decided to get a pair of APC's instead :P

Forgot to mention, they are Broken Twill Slim Guys.

Technically, it should be saving you money lol. Buy less jeans!

Not really racist! 12-12-2013 03:37 PM

one year.... and dis happens

http://i.imgur.com/xdXes86.jpg

repairable? lol if so, where?

this just might be a sign for me to start my apc ps

zetazeta 12-12-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8380900)

I had a cut that was 2/3 that length and I just stitched it up myself. Held up for another few months before I retired the pair (and it's still holding up). What I found out (i have 4 rips in the crotch for my APC's) is that it's really hard to notice the crotch fix, so doesn't really matter if it's not stitched up perfectly.

Does Albert's Tailor in DT do repairs? they're pretty reputable from what I hear.

suzuka84 12-14-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristianhay (Post 8377334)
Figure I'd post this here in case any of you are interested! ForbiddenX, along with some other guys, have started a line of urban techwear and they're up on Kickstarter right now. The denim is really innovative and made in Japan, I would definitely check it out. I did the branding for them and am really stoked on their whole company, support your local brands!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/...jpg?1385951897

Second Narrow: Perfect Jeans, Made in Japan, Water Resistant by Jordan Caron ? Kickstarter

the water resistant nature is via a coating?
so it's similar to a normal person applying scotchguard to the material.

too many denim labels using kickstarter to feed their initial material purchase. It would be great if they were using a true technical fabric in trendy design similar to Arc'Teryx Veilance

daval 12-14-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Nhan (Post 8377520)
this may sound really odd, but has anyone ever had a pair of jeans altered to be a different size? my first pair of raw denims ended up being a lot more loose than i had originally wanted. the second pair i got fits a lot better. is it possible to alter the thigh, knee, and leg opening to be slimmer?

TIA

Yes u can definitely do that at Albert's. I have a pair of dior 19cm and 21cm altered to my liking. Leg opening is now 6.25", basically the whole legs are tapered from knee up.

GGnoRE 12-14-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/xdXes86.jpg

That size is definitely repairable. Usually most asian alteration/repair store can do it. I wouldn't throw out those nudies yet.

RESN 12-30-2013 07:06 PM

GUYS, APC Petite Standards in Indigo. I have sizes 27, 29, 30, 31! Same prices! If you can find a friend to buy a pair with you, ill lower it to $130 per pair, but this is really cheapest I can go. Cheers :D

Not really racist! 12-30-2013 09:10 PM

i have a size 28 pair for sale (APC PS Indigo)... bought it from him last year, tried it on since my nudies ripped but doesn't fit anymore

never worn outside the house, ill let it go for the same price he sells it for

edit: RESN save me a pair of 29s please!

Razor Ramon HG 12-30-2013 09:30 PM

Best place to buy APCs locally? Looking for black wash
Posted via RS Mobile

RevYouUp 12-30-2013 10:50 PM

RESN is a super legit seller :thumbsup:. I'm still wearing the PS he sold me :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Ilagon 12-31-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8390983)
i have a size 28 pair for sale (APC PS Indigo)... bought it from him last year, tried it on since my nudies ripped but doesn't fit anymore

never worn outside the house, ill let it go for the same price he sells it for

edit: RESN save me a pair of 29s please!

I'm interested! Didn't browse this thread, but how much would you sell it for?
Posted via RS Mobile

Not really racist! 01-02-2014 06:19 PM

^pm'd you yesterday

just got my jeans from Alberts.. very impressed with his workmanship!

tmc22 02-26-2014 06:17 PM

^ sorry for the bump but how much did you pay to get your jeans patched up? My jeans has a hole that's a little smaller than a penny that is starting to form, and I wanna get it patched up before it gets worse.

Also, I'm selling a pair of APC PS sz 28 if anyone's interested. I've worn it a couple of times inside the house, but unfortunately the calves are way too tight for me. PM me if anyone is interested!

Not really racist! 02-28-2014 07:05 PM

7$/side

i had a huge rip so im not sure how a small hole would cost

G 03-07-2014 07:08 AM

Anyone ever starch sprayed your jeans? If so, how did it go/what is the process/explain!

I lost a bit of weight since I started wearing my N&F and after a couple washes etc, they are still loose all over and as a result, I haven't been able to get many fades at all over the long duration of wearing them...

alwayslive 03-14-2014 12:01 PM

anyone know where I can get my hands on some unbranded?
Posted via RS Mobile

ForbiddenX 03-14-2014 07:22 PM

I think The Corner Store carries them on main and 10th
Posted via RS Mobile

dygital 03-14-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 8435810)
Posted via RS Mobile

My friend picked his pair up at urban outfitters

will068 03-15-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 8435810)
Posted via RS Mobile

Here's a good deal..

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/clo/4356224534.html
Posted via RS Mobile

kcl38 05-07-2014 09:37 PM

Went to Oakridge Tailor today, the guy turned me away saying he won't work with raw denim anymore unless its been washed just prior to being brought in. Going to freeze my N&F for a few days and then bring them to him.

Expresso 05-07-2014 10:36 PM

Bring them to Albert's. He doesn't give a shit.

Skittlez160 05-08-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

My wife just got her Rock & Republic jeans repaired at Metropolis Alterations (inside Metrotown) recently. I think she paid around $25 to get them done. It sounds like that might be a lot but they did a great job imo. They would need to see the inside of the jeans first though and the pricing varies depending on the condition.

RevYouUp 05-12-2014 07:21 PM

Mom went into my room and washed my apcs that I have worn on and off for about a year and a half.. Fml. Now it's gonna look like shit since its barely even faded yet

Tr1ll 05-12-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevYouUp (Post 8470531)
Mom went into my room and washed my apcs that I have worn on and off for about a year and a half.. Fml. Now it's gonna look like shit since its barely even faded yet

I know that feel..