REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 05-25-2004, 06:42 PM   #7801
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffraider
GAY QUOTE OF THE CENTURY
haha justin is so cute when he naps..

Thanks for comin over guys hope y'all had a good time..even tho I had to work it was fun when I got home.. Jeffwaida thanks for not hitting on my mom to much hhah..
Advertisement

Last edited by Miss Lea; 05-25-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Miss Lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:47 PM   #7802
RS Veteran

so gay!
baby the that shits gold
baby starts shitting sliver and marries a goat ect
Aeternum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:34 PM   #7803
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX2NR
so gay!
w-t-f

"Objects in Mirror are Piston Powered."
91TII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:44 AM   #7804
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally posted by 91TII
Hey J4...sorry I didn't swing by yesterday to watch the fight. I ended up falling asleep till around 5ish I think and then when Coal left to come there I was still beat tired so didn't wanna drive anywhere.

Anyone go to Fireworks last night at the harbour? I was down there but didn't see anyone I knew. Oh well...

later
-Justin
No worries man! Turned out to be a real good fight tho!

Next one, June 20th

PS

I am now in the market for an FB, have two lined up that are pretty sexual
Originally posted by Type R
I love the drama.. This shit beats daytime soaps..
D4Damager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:03 AM   #7805
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally posted by RZ350
Sweet! Mine has gotten the royal treatment too. Got my long primary exhaust, 2nd Gen ignition and new Tokico blues all around, plus I've got a full front-end set of poly bushings coming soon.
Grant
Sweet. How are you liking the Tokikos all the way around now?
I'm picking my Tokikos up today and I'm ordering the RB springs/front sway bar as soon as I can get things figured out with Marko. I'm also ripping my interior apart (BLAH BURGUNDY) and I've got some semi-cool stuff lined up for that. I've also ordered a set of Sumitumo HTR 200s to replace the "Wynstars". Finally, I just finished a major tune-up, including plugs, wires, dizzy cap/rotor, redline mt-90 in the diff (plus the LSD additive) and redline in the tranny. Oh, and a new fuel filter.

Hey Grant, hop on MSN about the steering column surround!

Quote:
Originally posted by abinga
You're all too white to be saying nigga, except for Jeff.
jeffraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:52 PM   #7806
I bringith the lowerballerith

hey justin just wondering wut the word is on how the kuhmo tires are goin on the enkeis cuz the tread is only wearing down on your nice turbo rims that i now like to get bent with
BlackFC3S123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #7807
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anything up on sun jun 13th? Would not mind even a little sprint at the speedway. My last visit to the island and i'm going to bring the car
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #7808

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFC3S
hey justin just wondering wut the word is on how the kuhmo tires are goin on the enkeis cuz the tread is only wearing down on your nice turbo rims that i now like to get bent with
Hey man, might be getting the new rear's put on either Monday or Tuesday. 225/45R17, , should be much better. The new front tires will prob be about a month or two later though, but at end of summer if you wanna buy these rims off me still you can. And I don't care if the tires on the TII rims are almost bald cause those rims are getting winter tires on them for winter time. So go nuts in otherwords.

Old 05-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #7809
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffraider
Sweet. How are you liking the Tokikos all the way around now?
I'm picking my Tokikos up today and I'm ordering the RB springs/front sway bar as soon as I can get things figured out with Marko. I'm also ripping my interior apart (BLAH BURGUNDY) and I've got some semi-cool stuff lined up for that. I've also ordered a set of Sumitumo HTR 200s to replace the "Wynstars". Finally, I just finished a major tune-up, including plugs, wires, dizzy cap/rotor, redline mt-90 in the diff (plus the LSD additive) and redline in the tranny. Oh, and a new fuel filter.

Hey Grant, hop on MSN about the steering column surround!
Now that I've got the better end-links on the front bar and the rear bar removed the car is much nicer to drive and more predictable. It still oversteers, but it'll start to slide the front too, so it's actually more of a 4 wheel slide except the front slides less so it still gets mental sideways just like before, I just don't feel like it'll smoke a poll as easily and the onset of the slide is much more mellow; I can release the gas and get instant traction. I've also got a set of 15x7 mesh rims with some Toyo Proxies coming soon, probably be here for the autocross after next, so for this weekend I'll just run the CanTire specials with about 35-40 PSI in em'. I looked for that steering surround and I've got it, but it's cracked and in 3 pieces; you can pretty much have it for free.
Grant

Rides:
'05 VW Golf TDI (boosted econobox :evil )
'03 Kawasaki KLX400R (wheelie king)
'84 Italian (daily driver)
'83 RZ-350 (recovered, all except for the electrical)
RZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:02 PM   #7810

I got my 84 started yesterday and it is fucking loud with the straight header and no exhaust yet im putting 2 inch stainless steel pipe back to a apexi N1 with a 4 inch outlet how do you guys think that will sound? too luod?
Blacked out
child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:21 PM   #7811

It'll be too loud, and you should use at least 2.25" pipe 2.5" is better. I personally love my exhaust, but it is loud; and I don't even have a tip.
Grant

Rides:
Old 05-27-2004, 06:54 PM   #7812
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

I'll give Grant's suggestion a slight counter-point.

In my second gen, my exhaust setup was a racing beat header, to magnaflow SS presilencer to a Ceti1 SS muffler. It was all straight through 2.5" pipe. It made AWESOME top-end gains and was a blast to drive. The third time I autocrossed it, I popped the silencer in, which made only a 1.5" exit for all of that flow. That created a nice amount of back pressure, which also made more low-end torque. I found that running with the silencer in cut a couple of seconds off my times, and that the car was much better to drive, more responsive and fun. If I were building another second gen for AutoX, I'd definitely get only 2" pipe, sacrificing a bit of the top end for a bit more low end.

So basically, 2.5" pipe means top end, 2" pipe means low end. Overall the 2.5" is probably better, but if you want more low end responsiveness, I'd sacrifice the top end and go 2".

Quote:
Originally posted by abinga
You're all too white to be saying nigga, except for Jeff.
jeffraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #7813

BOOYA! 2 new rear Tires going on my car on either Monday or Tuesday! Khumo Supra Ecsta 712's, 225/45R17!! Finally! So it looks like my current rear tires are gonna have to take some serious abuse this weekend. Should make for some fun times.

later
-Justin

PS. Will get 2 new front tires once I pay off the Bank of Mom for this small loan for tires!

PPS. Jeff's right that a 2.5" on an FC will make for better top end and maybe not so much of a low end gain. I'd say 2" is a bit small though, maybe meet halfway and get a 2.25" with pre-silencer, that would definatly give you a bit more low end. You don't wanna go too small or else you choke your motor and lose all top end power which is annoying. A nice 2.25" setup though should be pretty solid gains all around, 2.5" is a bit big unless you've got porting work done.

Last edited by 91TII; 05-28-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:00 PM   #7814

eh dont go beating those tires if im to buy them :P
Old 05-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #7815

so who is coming out tonight to the RS meet?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:07 PM   #7816
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

I am
Originally posted by Type R
I love the drama.. This shit beats daytime soaps..
D4Damager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #7817

I've got a long primary system (which means it's dual 1.75" all the way back to the axle) and it collects into a piece of (very nicely) crush-bent 2.5" over the axle and into the magnaflow. I've found that this exhaust has got huge low-end! and really excellent gas milage as a result. I'm also only running a stock-port 12A right now, honestly I'd go with the same system but with a 3" axle back if I was running a 13B or if I had a better intake system and porting. Although your experience may very, I certainly love it. Also I have no cats or presilencer, and it is amazingly quiet......well fairly quiet.
Grant

Rides:
Old 05-28-2004, 04:57 PM   #7818
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I will
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:46 PM   #7819

Quote:
I've got a long primary system (which means it's dual 1.75" all the way back to the axle) and it collects into a piece of (very nicely) crush-bent 2.5" over the axle and into the magnaflow. I've found that this exhaust has got huge low-end! and really excellent gas milage as a result. I'm also only running a stock-port 12A right now, honestly I'd go with the same system but with a 3" axle back if I was running a 13B or if I had a better intake system and porting. Although your experience may very, I certainly love it. Also I have no cats or presilencer, and it is amazingly quiet......well fairly quiet.
Grant
Your exhaust is extremely restrictive for an aftermarket free flow.
With uncollected runners from the manifold you're losing out on scavenging resulting in loss of power. 1.75" crushed bent piping seems a little tame. Thats around stock piping diameter?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:37 PM   #7820

Quote:
Originally posted by t0mmy
Your exhaust is extremely restrictive for an aftermarket free flow.
With uncollected runners from the manifold you're losing out on scavenging resulting in loss of power. 1.75" crushed bent piping seems a little tame. Thats around stock piping diameter?
UMMM, wrong! Just check out the racing beat streetport exhaust, mine is just a knock-off of that with LESS restriction. Collecting the header further back is to increase scavenging effects at lower RPM, while the lack of restriction keeps the top-end performing very nicely. This is the prefered exhaust set-up for IT-7 racing due to it's even power spread.
Perhaps I just didn't explain what it looks like very well I'll try and find a picture.
Grant

Rides:
Old 05-28-2004, 07:45 PM   #7821

Here is what I've got:

http://www.bcrx7.com/modules.php?nam...ewtopic&t=6862

except I've got no pre-silencers and mine collects much further back.
Grant

Rides:
Old 05-29-2004, 03:31 AM   #7822
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

OMFG, I got smoked tonight by Justin and Shawn............. ON FOOT!

At least I took out Tyler
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #7823
My homepage has been set to RS

I just bought Grant's old Rx-7 ... i love this thing

here's the thread with pics.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=210224

1994 Somethingorother
65-289CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #7824

Quote:
UMMM, wrong! Just check out the racing beat streetport exhaust, mine is just a knock-off of that with LESS restriction. Collecting the header further back is to increase scavenging effects at lower RPM, while the lack of restriction keeps the top-end performing very nicely. This is the prefered exhaust set-up for IT-7 racing due to it's even power spread.
Perhaps I just didn't explain what it looks like very well I'll try and find a picture.
Grant
This is entirely untrue. How does a further back collected exhaust system improve scavenging? Way I see from the picture of that exhaust is you're relying purely on velocity to move exhaust out of the ports. Scavenging takes place from exhaust pulses reflecting off the surface area of your exhaust piping, bouncing back, being again reflected forward out your exhaust due to close ports. This positive pulse creates a suction which is referred to scavenging on the next exhaust pulse to actually pull it. With a further collected you reduce this effect since a properly tuned collected exhaust can rely the other rotor to further increase the positive pulse not only that the first reflection of the initial pulse creates a negative pulse back in the rotor chamber creating a pressure drop therefore enhancing a/f flow into that chamber on the intake stroke. You notice even spread power and low end because the diameter of the piping used is too small for the output of your engine therefore creating more backpressure and velocity. IT-7 uses single free flow exhaust from all I've seen. But this is all theory from an exhaust tuning book from the college that I picked out months ago. Took awhile but I found a high performance source on recommended exhaust diamater piping.

Liters_______Size of tubing
1_______ 1.25"
1.5_______ 1.75"
2_______ 2-2.25"
2.5_______2.25"
3._______2.25-2.5"
3.5 _______2.5"
4_______2.75"
4.5_______2.75-3"
5_______3"
5.5_______3-3.25"
6_______3.25-2.75

Last edited by t0mmy; 05-29-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:53 PM   #7825
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Tommy, the man is correct in his exhaust thinking, at least for first gens. A very popular IT7 setup is dual 2" collected before it goes over the axel, and 3 inch over and out. Actually the best setup for a stock port 12A in true dual setup would be to collect it about 3 feet past the rear bumper. Porting brings the collection point closer and closer to the engine. What are you trying to say with that source? 12A's would be picking between the 2-2.5l engine size by using a 2"-2 1/2" pipe, but dual 1.75" should cover it.

How's the noise grant? I've wanted to do duals for awhile but I can't bring myself to chop up my header.