REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 02-18-2003, 10:45 AM   #2201
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rx racer
Double post.

OWNED
Advertisement
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 09:56 PM   #2202
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally posted by bcty
OWNED

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:48 PM   #2203

ok guys.. i worked on the car for hours and got it working prefectly.. need to be broekn in now.. i rallyed it around my neighbourhood.. it rips! love it.. i hat the stock exhaust though! just thought i would share my fun! so good.. cant wait for my 3KG flywheel and race exhaust and my little secret i call 25psi i have restored faith!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:47 PM   #2204

Quote:
ok guys.. i worked on the car for hours and got it working prefectly.. need to be broekn in now.. i rallyed it around my neighbourhood.. it rips! love it.. i hat the stock exhaust though! just thought i would share my fun! so good.. cant wait for my 3KG flywheel and race exhaust and my little secret i call 25psi i have restored faith!
Glad its running.Was it really flooded?25psi?Are you still going blow thru style?Stock exhaust on a ported 12a is a big power robber even more so with the stock cats in thier.Does yours have cats still?Pull them and leave the main in thier.Then run a 2.5" exhaust for the best flow on your ported application.My next one is getting a 3" under-axel exhaust for superior flow. I can't wait.

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

Old 02-20-2003, 11:18 AM   #2205

no cats now it just has a cherrybomb where they were over the axel stock size pipes into the stock muffler.. i will get all 3.5" or 3" pipe when i get this turbo dealo going! now i just need to start collectiong the parts.. anyone know where i can mount 5 or 6 gauges without going to aluminum dash!?
Old 02-20-2003, 12:52 PM   #2206
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
no cats now it just has a cherrybomb where they were over the axel stock size pipes into the stock muffler.. i will get all 3.5" or 3" pipe when i get this turbo dealo going! now i just need to start collectiong the parts.. anyone know where i can mount 5 or 6 gauges without going to aluminum dash!?

glove box ?

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 09:06 PM   #2207

thats the most retarded place ive seen anyone put a dam gauge.. well i guess when i am going 100mph down the track i could lean over and look at it.. i figured it out! just going to put the ones that need instant attention by me.. in fron of the vents on the dash.. ill put 3 gauges there.. BOOST / A/F / Water Temp.. then i will put the rest where the stock raido used to be..

Last edited by bcty; 02-20-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:02 PM   #2208

Quote:
Just run 2 3-guage a-pillar mounts.What guages are you installing?I never heard of someone using that many on a FD engine swap let alone a 12a.My 13BT will have 4 tops.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:34 AM   #2209

glove box is for street cars as in you don't want to show that you have fast car

but mine are monted ont he pipler whiht extend pod adator

every one likes how i monted mine and it all custom and oin very eay viewing and dose no block the window's or any thing like some piler pods i have sean

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 02-21-2003, 12:15 PM   #2210

bcty: Still looking for webers?Click here. Thats a pimp setup.I saw a pic of it before.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:34 PM   #2211

Boost
A/F
Oil Pressure
Water Temp
Oil Temp
Exhaust Temp (maybe)
Volt Gauge (maybe)

that seems good to monitor my engine.. my racer friend uses a tranny temp and diff temp gauge too.. i dont think i will be needing those

mmmmm TURBO... mmmm lots o power!
Old 02-21-2003, 06:54 PM   #2212

Hey Tyler if your still looking for some webers click that link I posted.

Old 02-21-2003, 07:32 PM   #2213

i was going to go the webber route if i was going to go n/a.. i was thinking that untill i got my carb working again.. i wanted something better... but now ill just stick to the nice nice turbo!

PENIS
Old 02-21-2003, 10:08 PM   #2214
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:18 AM   #2215
Accord Goblin

Quote:
anyone know where i can mount 5 or 6 gauges without going to aluminum dash!?
Put them on the back of the sun visor then whenever you need em' flip it down
Old 02-22-2003, 06:48 AM   #2216

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
um why you post toyota 2000gt may i ask it kind does not fit well cause tigh tnow every one talking about were to put my gauges but he what ever

Old 02-22-2003, 07:30 AM   #2217

Toyota 2000GT is first Japanese exotic(pure sports?)(super?) car.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:30 PM   #2218

Quote:
i was going to go the webber route if i was going to go n/a.. i was thinking that untill i got my carb working again.. i wanted something better... but now ill just stick to the nice nice turbo!

PENIS
I have a large FMIC and S4 Turbo and manifold but I doubt the FMIC will be short enought to fit the car.I need to measure mine still to see.The core is 38" long and 7" high.Needs endtanks on it tho.

Old 02-23-2003, 01:38 AM   #2219

Quote:
Originally posted by Rx racer
Jason of JT imports says he can get in ARF parts.He said that hood was $650US.
BCTY: You should tell those guys on the Mazspeed forums about Jason selling those parts.His site address is www.JT-imports.com Hes the only one I know who can get them here.

Last edited by Rx racer; 02-23-2003 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:13 AM   #2220

ok i will maybe later today... to tiried 4am and about to goto work anyways where is Ed i havent seen him in ages? Timpo you hear from him anymore? tell him to post and le us know whats up! anyways...mmmmmm TURBO.... i wanna find a Z06 when i get my car back on the road.. and some stupid stealth thats in town here.. rice rice baby anywho someone pick a topic so we can talk about it..

1.Someone explain how this whole riseing fuel pressure regulator work.. i know when it senses boost it ups fuel pressure.. but is itself the fuel pressure riser or just the part the senses it?

2.Is it mounted closest to the carb better?

3.Is the BOV just mounted anywhere in the intake track or is it better closer to the turbo or carb?

4.So what do u use for a fuel pressure regulator? i guess i need to send it a vaccume signal..

5.And if i want to run 20psi i should be looking for a fuel pump that does 26psi right? my car does 6psi at idel, so 1psi more fuel per 1psi of boost right?

6.How hard it is to mount end tanks on the IC?

7.Is the volvo IC better then the stock IC off the T2?

Theres are few questions for someone to anwser! hopesome can help
Old 02-23-2003, 07:46 AM   #2221

Bcty
I see Ed sometimes. I'll tell him to post something.
Anyways, are you tring to get a Corvette?
Old 02-23-2003, 07:48 AM   #2222

I thought you are getting 93-95 RX-7 TwinTurbo...
Oh well, you should get what you want to get so...
Old 02-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #2223

Quote:

1.Someone explain how this whole riseing fuel pressure regulator work.. i know when it senses boost it ups fuel pressure.. but is itself the fuel pressure riser or just the part the senses it?

3.Is the BOV just mounted anywhere in the intake track or is it better closer to the turbo or carb?

4.So what do u use for a fuel pressure regulator? i guess i need to send it a vaccume signal..

5.And if i want to run 20psi i should be looking for a fuel pump that does 26psi right? my car does 6psi at idel, so 1psi more fuel per 1psi of boost right?

7.Is the volvo IC better then the stock IC off the T2

it regulater that all it is you regulte the persure you want done weather is be rich or lean

2 and 3

bov loaction any were after the ic out let side if you close to use carb or efi.
you can some times vent to much cause your car to stall out but most car's recertulate the boost pwersure. when it vents most none popit bov have tighteing bolt you you can ajust ventaltion so you keep some of the boost in you ic pipes or stop leaking under boost (( can eplain how bov work more if you ask))

4 humm that one you can try ame for that one other then that i have not clue but it should work fine if you were to use ame there all the same. in lame man's term's they work just like mbc turn nut rasie fule but you will have to get gues so you can see what persure you are runing but i think you know that and some fab lines so you can bolt it up and stuff

no it goes by rpm and boost level if i was you i whoudl use holly unit as in there cheep and work great

ps 20ps1 is shit load of boost i dought in hell you can run that much persue whiht out going low comp rotor or just blow the seal liek there nothing

any rad shop can do it as in doing it you self in less you know how to weld rads and stuff don't bother

7 the t2 ic is crap the vovle one is alot better

the ic out of junk yards that are good are

vovle
toyota supra mrk 4 and 3
isus
dodge turbo deisle or ford turbo desil
hpr small one or big one

there many to choose from the best thing about carb enigne you don't have to run that great of cooling just free flow ic's

so if i was you i whould pic mrk 4 ic free flow the best of them and you can boost hihg whiht em stock

as for the ic thihg there so many you got to get numbers

if you have any qestion feel free ask and see if i know any

Old 02-23-2003, 02:40 PM   #2224

Quote:
ok i will maybe later today... to tiried 4am and about to goto work anyways where is Ed i havent seen him in ages? Timpo you hear from him anymore? tell him to post and le us know whats up! anyways...mmmmmm TURBO.... i wanna find a Z06 when i get my car back on the road.. and some stupid stealth thats in town here.. rice rice baby anywho someone pick a topic so we can talk about it..

7.Is the volvo IC better then the stock IC off the T2?

Theres are few questions for someone to anwser! hopesome can help
You want answers?Here your stinking answers.

1.A rising rate pressure regulator increases fuel pressure according to the level of boost at the time.The more boost the more fuel is delivered.

2.if your talking about the pressure regulator then mount it after the hard line in the main line before the carb like a regular one.

3.The T2s BOV is mounted right after the Turbo Outlet. I know I just went and double checked.

4.Yup you need a vaccum to run the regulator properly.I can't remember where to get it exactly tho.

5. Any good pump that puts out anywhere from 190liters to 255liters is good for boosted applications.On a carb setup I would look in to some like a Holley blue pump or similar with decent pressure.Anything more than 9 psi is excessive for a carb of any size.

6.Then end tanks are the boxes with outlets welded to them.They just weld up to the core.Need to find someone who can weld aluminum good tho first so theres no leaks.

7.I hear that volvo is better but looking the at T2's IC i think with a good scoop on it to feed it air all the time it should still work good.I'll be running a FMIC so the stocker and intank pump off my setup is useless and for sale soon.

Need to know anything else??????

Old 02-23-2003, 02:42 PM   #2225

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
Bcty
I see Ed sometimes. I'll tell him to post something.
Anyways, are you tring to get a Corvette?
WTF? Is BCTY looking one?Thats the first I heard of it.