REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Where's the last place you ate at and rate it ... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/530956-wheres-last-place-you-ate-rate.html)

quayzy 12-07-2008 01:09 PM

Thanks, it definately wasn't a BAD experience, just didn't live up to the hype. Guess that's what I get for reading too much crap online and not going out to restaurants with an unbiased mind.

And I see that you're interested in going to Les Faux Bourgeois Bistro. Should defiantely hit it up, and I suggest you call in to make reservations. I ended up calling in on Thursday for a Saturday night reservation, and all that was available was 530pm or 9pm. So plan accordingly.

BlitzBlitz 12-07-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongy (Post 6160305)
thai house at metrotown
7/10
though 3 out of that 7 is just cause some girl flashed herself a few times

explain + pics naooww

mako 12-07-2008 07:23 PM

Zakkushi on Main

8/10

not spectacular but there were some interesting things on the menu

m3thods 12-10-2008 11:59 PM

Kefi Greek Kouzina Coquitlam

9/10. Lemon roasted potatoes are out of this world :p

jpoon 12-11-2008 12:14 AM

Arbutus McDonalds hahaha

8/10

Skittlez160 12-11-2008 10:34 AM

Craftsteak - MGM Grand Las Vegas
10/10

The Cheesecake Factory - Bellevue, WA
9.8/10

mako 12-14-2008 01:52 PM

Guu

7/10

~designer_rice~ 12-14-2008 02:22 PM

DB Bistro Moderne (old Feenie's - next to Lumiere). I had the escargots for an appetizer, my boyfriend had the coq au vin and i had the duck confit. for dessert, we had the Floating Island which is a souffle cake. The service was impeccable! There were about 6 servers in total. The owner and the chef (world famous Daniel Boulud) came around to each table to greet everyone. After the bill came, we discovered that our bottle of Melbac was on the house. Then, they gave us a tour of Lumiere next door. The escargots were delish! It was in a pesto and pine nut sauce. The coq au vin was really mouthwatering! Very tender and juicy with mushrooms. My duck confit was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It came with poutine on the side.

Overall, I prefer the DB Bistro Moderne atmosphere over the pretenious Lumiere one.

9/10

3seriesBeeM 12-14-2008 02:59 PM

The keg
go there every month and its always the same great food and excellent service waiters are always coming to chekc on you.
10/10 its the burnaby location next to costco had fillet mignon and stuffed mushroom caps for an appy

m3thods 12-14-2008 04:31 PM

Los Margaritas 4th and Maple.

7/10. Enchiladas were alright. Girlfriend's food was better. Probably better tacos but didn't have the stomach room to try. To be honest Pepita's food tasted better, but I dunno about Pepitas and their apparent lack of people in the restaurant during rush hour.

mako 12-19-2008 07:08 PM

Harvey's

Angus burger with Cheddar

10/10

MelonBoy 12-19-2008 11:43 PM

Knight & Day
2/10

Had the Fish&Chips + Ice Tea + (Comes with soup)
Fish = 5/10 fish was tasteless and the tartar sauce qoute from my friend during the meal (This sucks, it taste like jizz)
Fries = 8/10
Garlic toast = 10/10 best part of the meal.. It was crispy not over toasted and had just enough garlic butter on it:drool
Soup = NEVER FUCKING CAME, 3 other of my friends got the same thing as me but my soup never came!! I even asked after 5 minutes excuse me i didnt get a soup.. stupid waiter replies with o you want one too?!?! AND doesnt even come back with my fucking soup ..

Overall server was really friendly but a total retard, Instead of writing the all our drinks at once she took 2-3 drink orders then walked to the bar ordered it then came back for another 2-3drinks.. she had to make 3 trips, she forgot 2 of my friends drinks(we had to ask her to go get them), and never came back with the soup i asked for.. NEVER going there again...

bbbj 12-20-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelonBoy (Post 6183115)
Knight & Day
2/10

Had the Fish&Chips + Ice Tea + (Comes with soup)
Fish = 5/10 fish was tasteless and the tartar sauce qoute from my friend during the meal (This sucks, it taste like jizz)
Fries = 8/10
Garlic toast = 10/10 best part of the meal.. It was crispy not over toasted and had just enough garlic butter on it:drool
Soup = NEVER FUCKING CAME, 3 other of my friends got the same thing as me but my soup never came!! I even asked after 5 minutes excuse me i didnt get a soup.. stupid waiter replies with o you want one too?!?! AND doesnt even come back with my fucking soup ..

Overall server was really friendly but a total retard, Instead of writing the all our drinks at once she took 2-3 drink orders then walked to the bar ordered it then came back for another 2-3drinks.. she had to make 3 trips, she forgot 2 of my friends drinks(we had to ask her to go get them), and never came back with the soup i asked for.. NEVER going there again...

Which one was this at?

unidentified 12-20-2008 04:27 AM

Joey Tomato's (Coquitlam)

I ordered the grilled chicken souvlaki (came in pita with hummus, tzatziki sauce, and veggies) with skinny fries. It was okay - nothing special, just like what you'd get at any small Greek/donair place. My friend ordered the chicken miso ramen. I have no idea why she was inclined to order a $15 bowl of ramen at a non-asian place. It was indeed a mistake. It was basically a bowl of instant noodles - my friend thinks Mr. Noodle. We also had the Super Sonic Gin and Tonic which was pretty good. The waiter was pretty friendly and drinks and food came pretty quick.

Overall - 7/10

MelonBoy 12-20-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbj (Post 6183151)
Which one was this at?

Boundary & Lougheed

mako 12-20-2008 04:06 PM

Uncle Mings

Curry Chicken on Rice $4.50

10/10 (come on ... it was $4.50 and it did the job)

~designer_rice~ 12-21-2008 01:57 PM

The new Joey's Resaurant (on Burrard and Pender Street, across from the Cactus Club on Burrard). I really like the modern, funky decor. When you walk in at first, the restaurant seems really small until you head towards the washrooms and discover another, more intimate section of the restaurant. The menu is pretty much the same with a few additional add-ons like Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich and a selection of new cocktails. I'll definitely want to head over there for lunch if I have a 2 hour break!!

8.5/10 for Casual Dining

mako 12-29-2008 06:36 PM

Guu Garlic

Food - 8/10
Service - 6/10

Meowjin 12-29-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~designer_rice~ (Post 6173240)
DB Bistro Moderne (old Feenie's - next to Lumiere). I had the escargots for an appetizer, my boyfriend had the coq au vin and i had the duck confit. for dessert, we had the Floating Island which is a souffle cake. The service was impeccable! There were about 6 servers in total. The owner and the chef (world famous Daniel Boulud) came around to each table to greet everyone. After the bill came, we discovered that our bottle of Melbac was on the house. Then, they gave us a tour of Lumiere next door. The escargots were delish! It was in a pesto and pine nut sauce. The coq au vin was really mouthwatering! Very tender and juicy with mushrooms. My duck confit was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It came with poutine on the side.

Overall, I prefer the DB Bistro Moderne atmosphere over the pretenious Lumiere one.

9/10

Yay Daniel Boulod! Love the brassarie at the wynn :D

mako 12-30-2008 11:41 PM

Coppertank

had to wait a loooooong time for our food cause the place was packed for the game

BUT when they finally came, the beer was good and the pizza was good

8/10

411ken 12-31-2008 12:00 PM

Wok box or something in New West (Queensborough outlets)

2/10.. it was expensive and the food was mediocre.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know.

skyxx 12-31-2008 12:31 PM

The Main on Main (Greek and Mediterranean)

If you're coming to The Main, just order the Roast Lamb. I found that other entrees weren't that great. Waitress was nice but not very attentive (only 2 waitress').

Overall I would give this place a 6.5/10.

Not really racist! 01-01-2009 08:25 PM

Kingyo (Downtown on Denman)

Service was pretty good for NYE, they're weren't as many people as I expected
Most of the food came reallly quick except for one of them (rice and some other things mixed) Though I can't remember most of the names of the dishes we had, most of them tasted excellent. Dessert came quick as well.

The thing I probably loved most about the restaurant was the furnishing. Looked really nice and gave a good feel. Washrooms were clean and very nice!

Service - 8/10
Food - 9/10

K-Dub 01-02-2009 01:27 AM

Johnnie Fox's Irish Snug
Was looking forward to trying the fish and chips here, but they were sold out! Got there at 930~ tonight..
So I had the Shepherds Pie and my lady friend had the baked Mac & Cheese.
Both were verrrrry fillling....nice comfort food.
Small cozy place, I'll be back to try their beers since I was driving today.
7.5/10

Armind 01-05-2009 12:05 AM

Akasaka in Surrey

Food wasn't that great, yet over priced. I ordered an appetizer (beef sashimi) and it was too salty. $60 per a person (6) to get everyone full is not worth it. I can get full for $15-$20 somewhere else that serves quality sushi rolls. Service was excellent.

7.5/10