REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-12-2017, 10:40 PM   #22976
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Been out of the dating game for so long. Meet a really nice girl. Really hit it off. But I just don't know what to say/text. Maybe coz we text too much? Literally is like several hours each day for the past month back and forth so I don't have much to say. I don't want to keep asking her the same old questions everyday.

Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #22977
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Been out of the dating game for so long. Meet a really nice girl. Really hit it off. But I just don't know what to say/text. Maybe coz we text too much? Literally is like several hours each day for the past month back and forth so I don't have much to say. I don't want to keep asking her the same old questions everyday.
Texting it's simpler because it allows time for you to think through and compose your message.

IRL, find topics to both do and then talk. It makes coming up with things to discuss much easier. I.E: go to a restaurant that's considered experimental for you guys. Talk about the expectation (pre-meal) and experience (post-meal). Once your relationship gets closer, the degree of intimacy of topics would open up and it would be like talking to an old friend... heck... even no talk at all, just doing stuff as you'd both understand each other.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #22978
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
I think that's true for most people if you guys don't hang out often. There's only so much to talk about with the limited amount of activity that you do.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #22979
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Waiting for Hehe to date his "little Sister"
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #22980
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
you hit it yet
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #22981
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Texting it's simpler because it allows time for you to think through and compose your message.

IRL, find topics to both do and then talk. It makes coming up with things to discuss much easier. I.E: go to a restaurant that's considered experimental for you guys. Talk about the expectation (pre-meal) and experience (post-meal). Once your relationship gets closer, the degree of intimacy of topics would open up and it would be like talking to an old friend... heck... even no talk at all, just doing stuff as you'd both understand each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
I think that's true for most people if you guys don't hang out often. There's only so much to talk about with the limited amount of activity that you do.
Guess we are just both busy for the past 2 weeks. She have been busy at work and I am busy with move in (and all the stress that comes with it.) I am sure it will be better afterwards but now I decided to text message less. She seem to like watching TV shows a lot so maybe more topics on that. I do plan to go on shopping for decoration with her for the apartment so that should get more topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
you hit it yet
Ummmm no things might change soon once I move
Old 07-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #22982

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Waiting for Hehe to date his "little Sister"
ewwww
Old 07-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #22983
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Quote:
Jeesus... now I really feel bad... 4yrs into the relationship with plans to get married some time down the road and destroyed in a 2week trip.

They were together for 4 years. I doubt you destroyed, anything. Their breakup was inevitable. You saved your sis from wasting more time with that loser.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:46 PM   #22984
うに

No he did break them up.

She has been waiting 15 years for this moment. and deep down inside she has always liked you and only you.

You guys are going to end up like the movie "When Harry Met Sally"
Old 07-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #22985

Quote:
No he did break them up.

She has been waiting 15 years for this moment. and deep down inside she has always liked you and only you.

You guys are going to end up like the movie "When Harry Met Sally"
Was this supposed to make me feel better? cause it's doing the exact opposite.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #22986
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
No, he's just being a dick. As usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #22987

Quote:
Was this supposed to make me feel better? cause it's doing the exact opposite.
My sister meet a guy in Calgary like 8 years ago. Went to meet his parents back in China as well. In the end it didn't work out. He was like your god sister ex. Very jealous and demanding. Of course being the only son in the family doesn't help.

Be happy they broke up. Now here is your chance to tell her you love her!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:35 PM   #22988

Quote:
My sister meet a guy in Calgary like 8 years ago. Went to meet his parents back in China as well. In the end it didn't work out. He was like your god sister ex. Very jealous and demanding. Of course being the only son in the family doesn't help.

Be happy they broke up. Now here is your chance to tell her you love her!
Just to get some confusion out... I'm married with 2 kids...

If anything, I should be hooking her up with someone else.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #22989
うに

Quote:
Just to get some confusion out... I'm married with 2 kids...

If anything, I should be hooking her up with someone else.
This makes the story so much more kinky.
I fucking love where this is going.

on a more serious note:
Was your wife around when the God Sister's BF was around?
What does your wife think about your interactions with your god sister?
Old 07-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #22990

Quote:
This makes the story so much more kinky.
I fucking love where this is going.

on a more serious note:
Was your wife around when the God Sister's BF was around?
What does your wife think about your interactions with your god sister?
Why do I get the feeling that you are seeing the whole situation as a cheap soap op? Hahaha... but my post gonna disappoint you.

Wife and kids were not around this time.

But wife had met my sis several times (not the first time she visited me here, just first time with BF) and they are good friends too (better relationship between them than my wife and my bro) The interaction between me and my sis was no different then and this time around. Wife never had a second thought on it.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #22991
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Pk watching too much Chinese dramas
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #22992
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Met a new girl a few weeks back, holy shit. I have never met someone so similar to me in terms of mindset, how we see the world.. just everything. This is going to be so interesting.
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #22993
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
avoid the long conversation on text msgs until you have tapped. Too much of convo before the actually deed will just push you further and further into friend zone. If the girl you are interested in is decent, there will be many guys trying to do the same thing as you, you are just making yourself another notification on her phone. You want to be the guy she looks forward to seeing and to find out more about, you want to be the guy she wait anxiously to get a text from not the 1 of the many guys she chat to about what happen on HER favorite tv shows.

I am saying this assuming that you haven't tap it yet and havn't form a bond beyond being friends.

Don't go shopping for decoration for her apartment without her, you are NOT her bf yet. If you wants to get decoration for her place, make it a mini date and go together. always make things a team effort especially at this stage.

Every text conversation at this point should be with the purpose to get her out on a date. The face to face meeting is where you do the wooing. Too busy? That fine don't text her until you know you can make a plan to see her. Keep the chit chat to a minimal.

The bond will come but right now you are doing the classic pussy on pedestal move, its hard not too when you haven't been dating much.

until she further her relationship with you, remember these are the people that chit chat with unattached girls all day: her girl FRIENDS, her guy FRIENDS, her god BROTHERS, her COUSINS

don't do it unless you want to be one of the above to her

Last edited by threezero; 07-17-2017 at 08:01 PM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #22994
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
avoid the long conversation on text msgs until you have tapped. Too much of convo before the actually deed will just push you further and further into friend zone. If the girl you are interested in is decent, there will be many guys trying to do the same thing as you, you are just making yourself another notification on her phone. You want to be the guy she looks forward to seeing and to find out more about, you want to be the guy she wait anxiously to get a text from not the 1 of the many guys she chat to about what happen on HER favorite tv shows.

I am saying this assuming that you haven't tap it yet and havn't form a bond beyond being friends.

Don't go shopping for decoration for her apartment without her, you are NOT her bf yet. If you wants to get decoration for her place, make it a mini date and go together. always make things a team effort especially at this stage.

Every text conversation at this point should be with the purpose to get her out on a date. The face to face meeting is where you do the wooing. Too busy? That fine don't text her until you know you can make a plan to see her. Keep the chit chat to a minimal.

The bond will come but right now you are doing the classic pussy on pedestal move, its hard not too when you haven't been dating much.

until she further her relationship with you, remember these are the people that chit chat with unattached girls all day: her girl FRIENDS, her guy FRIENDS, her god BROTHERS, her COUSINS

This is really good advice!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:33 PM   #22995
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts

Priorities amirite?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #22996
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I might break it off to retain as much honor as we both still have
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #22997

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Haven't dated in many years now, took a shift in my life to stabilize my career. Started testing out online dating and came across this girl that we have started messaging last night. My messages are short few sentences and that's it, just sharing my interests/hobbies and also finding out what she does/her interests. Not sure if I am writing too much or too little? She did says she appreciates my long extensive messages.

If she stops responding, then I know she's not interested. But how do I know she's interested? When do I even proceed to a further step such as going out? Feel like a complete noob when communicating online. I wouldn't even know what to say to proceed to that next step. In person, it's so much easier to make moves because you can tell from how they behave.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #22998
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Haven't dated in many years now, took a shift in my life to stabilize my career. Started testing out online dating and came across this girl that we have started messaging last night. My messages are short few sentences and that's it, just sharing my interests/hobbies and also finding out what she does/her interests. Not sure if I am writing too much or too little? She did says she appreciates my long extensive messages.

If she stops responding, then I know she's not interested. But how do I know she's interested? When do I even proceed to a further step such as going out? Feel like a complete noob when communicating online. I wouldn't even know what to say to proceed to that next step. In person, it's so much easier to make moves because you can tell from how they behave.
Read above. Arrange for meetup. Now that you know her hobbies and interest I would save those knowledge for later. Don't immediately ask for a date doing her favorite things. After the first date you should know whether you guys are really compatible. Of course this also weeds out the catfishes.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #22999
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post

Read this!
Old 07-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #23000

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Would it be too soon to ask her out to meet in person? We've exchanged three messages since yesterday evening. It's like no right or wrong answer, depends on the person as each person is different. Some can perceive it as too quick, some would feel let's get to the point.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote