REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #23001
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Would it be too soon to ask her out to meet in person? We've exchanged three messages since yesterday evening. It's like no right or wrong answer, depends on the person as each person is different. Some can perceive it as too quick, some would feel let's get to the point.
its not too soon. The beauty with online dating app is that everybody on the app knows each other intention. she is on there looking for either hookups and potential long term relationship. Until you have met up with her, in her mind you are not real. For all she knows you could be a 13 year old boy faking it.

I can bet you she is texting multiple guys right now, you are just giving free chance for other players in the game by prolonging seeing her.

All it takes it takes is for one of the guys to woo her on a real date, and you are out of the game.

You fail 100% of the chances you don't take. Ask her out before its too late.

threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2017, 06:43 PM   #23002
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
its not too soon. The beauty with online dating app is that everybody on the app knows each other intention. she is on there looking for either hookups and potential long term relationship. Until you have met up with her, in her mind you are not real. For all she knows you could be a 13 year old boy faking it.

I can bet you she is texting multiple guys right now, you are just giving free chance for other players in the game by prolonging seeing her.

All it takes it takes is for one of the guys to woo her on a real date, and you are out of the game.

You fail 100% of the chances you don't take. Ask her out before its too late.
Done! Message sent. If successful, buying you beer!!!!
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #23003

Okay, she said busy this weekend with plans and next week after work might work.

I guess I'm still in the game lol

Last edited by Euro7r; 07-27-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #23004
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
You know I'm not fired yet, you guys can still respond to my emails and phone calls. I'm still an employee as of now and you supervisors should be more professional than that.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:06 AM   #23005
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Yes!

it is never too late/early to ask for a date!

*walks up to random girl*
"Hi! my Name is PK, would you like to go on a date?"
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:13 AM   #23006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Yes!

it is never too late/early to ask for a date!

*walks up to random girl*
"Hi! my Name is PK, would you like to go on a date?"
I asked her to go out for dessert, get to know her in person to see if we tango together. Not a "date date" yet...Well at least that's how I perceive it.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #23007
うに

where are you going for dessert?!?!?
Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #23008

Quote:
where are you going for dessert?!?!?
Initially plan was to go try out beta5 and then go for a walk around false creek area, since she told me she likes to try out new places. Although it only opens during day time hours.

Any suggestions for dessert that has worked well? I don't want to be in a sit down place because I personally don't dwell well in those environment since it becomes like an interview (didn't have good experience with that previously).
Old 07-28-2017, 09:36 AM   #23009
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

No need to make things so formal like "date date", first meet ups are for for seeing if you guys vibe anyways.

Met up with a girl on tinder a few weeks ago just to chill for the first time, we ended up talking for more than 4 hours haha, been talking ever since. Good luck to you buddy!

EDIT: Granville island, Steveston in Richmond are really good for just getting dessert and walking around. Even if it's just ice cream, there's so much going on in those areas that it'll never get awkward
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #23010
うに

Quote:
...... I don't want to be in a sit down place because I personally don't dwell well in those environment since it becomes like an interview (didn't have good experience with that previously).
That's a very good point.
I had one meet up from a dating site and it was a total interview.
but, keep it mind it still might turn out like one even if you change the environment.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #23011
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
....... Granville island, Steveston in Richmond are really good for just getting dessert and walking around. Even if it's just ice cream, there's so much going on in those areas that it'll never get awkward
Richmond Fish Cannery museum is free this year because of Canada 150!

Timothy's Frozen Yogurt in Stevenson!
Old 07-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #23012
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I got no matches on Tinder
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #23013

I am trying to keep any "chatting" to a minimal before seeing her in person; however, I go from one extreme to another (couple of sentences each time to like 1-2 now), might give off wrong vibe I have less to say/got bored??

She sent a one sentence message today, not sure if she's thinking the same thing, keep chat to minimal now until we meet or she finds me boring and nothing much to say lol.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #23014

Quote:
I am trying to keep any "chatting" to a minimal before seeing her in person; however, I go from one extreme to another (couple of sentences each time to like 1-2 now), might give off wrong vibe I have less to say/got bored??

She sent a one sentence message today, not sure if she's thinking the same thing, keep chat to minimal now until we meet or she finds me boring and nothing much to say lol.
You are over thinking this. It doesn't really matter since you havn't met her yet. I take it you have been initiating chatting this whole time. she has been responding according to your text level aka mirroring. its completely normal. you should do the same

what going on is you are only chatting with/ interested in this girl so you are over analyzing everything. Her on the other hand is probably chatting with multiple guys and *hopefully* isn't really interested any of them yet. So you tune down the msging, she starts chatting with other guys that are trying to woo her with text message (remember this doesnt work) or any of the other friends that she chat with daily thru text.

Thats ok, remember you don't want to be those people. You want to the person she think about while texting other people,

"ummm i wonder euro7r is doing he hasn't text me in a while"
you goal is one day for her to initiate text because she genuinely misses you.

This won't happen before you met her anyways, so dont over analyze it.

Don't disappear either but your goal right now is the first date. she could be chatting with million other guys, whoever get and nails the first date wins first round
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #23015

^This! I talk, she responds to what I say.

I'm thinking to myself, what the hell should I even talk about to keep the so called "online conversation at least engaging", so that she doesn't lose interest before we meet in person. Man, the strategies to this online stuff is mind boggling...
Old 07-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #23016
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
I broke up with my gf almost a year ago after being together for just about 10 years. The one thing that I miss the most is the companionship but, I'm over it and she seems to be as well with her new bf.

Is it normal to not be actively looking for someone or not really caring if it comes about?
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2017, 06:27 PM   #23017

Quote:
^This! I talk, she responds to what I say.

I'm thinking to myself, what the hell should I even talk about to keep the so called "online conversation at least engaging", so that she doesn't lose interest before we meet in person. Man, the strategies to this online stuff is mind boggling...
don't, you have already done enough chatting for this stage. Nail down a day for the date, you can even stop messaging her till the day before. Continue about you day as if she doesn't exist.

Ask her the day before if she is still good for the date the next day, tell her what time you are picking her up end with a good night and see you tomorrow.

Now when you finally get her out in person you can let out a little. you will also have more to talk about because of the absence in daily msging.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #23018

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
don't, you have already done enough chatting for this stage. Nail down a day for the date, you can even stop messaging her till the day before. Continue about you day as if she doesn't exist.

Ask her the day before if she is still good for the date the next day, tell her what time you are picking her up end with a good night and see you tomorrow.

Now when you finally get her out in person you can let out a little. you will also have more to talk about because of the absence in daily msging.
She messaged me last night around 10pm and I haven't responded since. I am going to reply now since I am have to nail down the day/time.

It's fine if we both meet at a place?, don't think I need to offer to pick her up. Might come off as creepy for someone you never met?

*Update Jul 30/17*
Date/time confirmed. I asked her where she would like to meet for dessert due to courtesy, she didn't respond to that question. When I message her again Monday to make sure Tuesday is still a go and mention let's meet at this location? She's indeed answering things I ask/mention about. Messaging has toned down completely to one liners now lol.

I didn't ask for her number online because might not be comfortable giving it away. Plus there is no way we won't recognize each other from the profile pictures. So plan is to ask for her number at the end of the night and nail down a date date if all goes well.

Last edited by Euro7r; 07-30-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #23019
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
How do ya'll keep the honey moon phase going / keep the romance alive with careers, finances, and general adulting in the daily life?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2017, 09:17 AM   #23020
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
How do ya'll keep the honey moon phase going / keep the romance alive with careers, finances, and general adulting in the daily life?
Find the right puzzle piece to yours. Lol
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:12 PM   #23021
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
if you put out effort into creating fun, great, romantic dishes at separate occasion for a girl you are interested in and she decided to take you out but are not impressed with her cooking skills. Will that be a turn off for you guys?
I feel like I put out more effort than she does too.
She's not from the western world.
I guess the cultural differences isnt easy for me to adapt to.

Last edited by ilovebacon; 07-31-2017 at 08:18 PM.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #23022
うに

You spend all your life being the "victim" and for the first time in your life you are the "antagonist"
Feel so weird.

just because it was one of the short chapters, doesn't mean it wasn't a good one.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 AM   #23023
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Initially plan was to go try out beta5 and then go for a walk around false creek area, since she told me she likes to try out new places. Although it only opens during day time hours.

Any suggestions for dessert that has worked well? I don't want to be in a sit down place because I personally don't dwell well in those environment since it becomes like an interview (didn't have good experience with that previously).
I usually go to a cafe for first date. Is easy and is relaxing. Also in a cafe you can usually sit there for 1 hour or more during their slow/downtime. There is also snacks/deserts so you/her feels hungry you guys can grab something to eat.

Is also a very cheap first date for both parties. If things don't go well you can always leave early as well.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #23024
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
You spend all your life being the "victim" and for the first time in your life you are the "antagonist"
Feel so weird.

just because it was one of the short chapters, doesn't mean it wasn't a good one.
Owell on to the next one
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #23025
God of Unce

Funny how someone who's incapable of competing with the rest of the colleagues on fitbit be talking shit about someone who's currently first lol.

Hate the game, not the player fat boy.