REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-16-2019, 10:56 PM   #24576
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,529 Times in 1,518 Posts
^ start a business - you won't be bored ever

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:16 PM   #24577
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I need a second job that's flexible with hours. I work 8 days in a row and 4 days off. That means my days off are not set and by day 3 of my days off I am bored.
And no I'm not interested in those meal delivering jobs... my car is too bad on fuel

Learn a new skill, self-development, and exercise?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:33 PM   #24578
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I need a second job that's flexible with hours. I work 8 days in a row and 4 days off. That means my days off are not set and by day 3 of my days off I am bored.
And no I'm not interested in those meal delivering jobs... my car is too bad on fuel
what do you do for work ?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #24579
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
I am sad to see that Forever 21 is closing all of its stores across Canada. An ex was a die-hard Forever 21 fan, and her closet was full of Forever 21 stuff (along with many other brands)

Now... if La Senza or Victoria's Secret were to go bankrupt too... Hmm...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #24580
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I am sad to see that Forever 21 is closing all of its stores across Canada. An ex was a die-hard Forever 21 fan, and her closet was full of Forever 21 stuff (along with many other brands)

Now... if La Senza or Victoria's Secret were to go bankrupt too... Hmm...
maybe buy a few items and give her a text, cuz can't spell sex without ex ?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2019, 07:56 PM   #24581
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Buncha Benedict Arnolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #24582
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,174 Times in 353 Posts
Man this Mustang is kicking my ass.
Driving it everyday is a reminder that I have so much room to improve as a driver.
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:20 PM   #24583
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Stumbled upon old Facebook conversations between an old ex and I from when we broke up 2 years ago and ended up scrolling through all the great messages and sweet things we sent one another before things ended. God damn I dropped the ball hard with her, could have been so much better yet there I was being a piece of chit. Shes happily married now and I'm happy someone's able to treat her the way she deserves.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:07 PM   #24584

Thanked 1,174 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
God damn I dropped the ball hard with her, could have been so much better yet there I was being a piece of chit.
Man, I know that feel - I been there not too long ago.
Feel free to DM me if you ever need an ear!
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2019, 11:23 PM   #24585

Wow- this place is still alive
Old 12-10-2019, 11:13 PM   #24586
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Glad to see I’m not the only one that totally messed up in a relationship.
Marco.911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #24587
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco.911 View Post
Glad to see I’m not the only one that totally messed up in a relationship.
same and yup
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:28 PM   #24588

Gf's family found out that my parents rent and not own. Somehow that reflects onto my financial future??? Now they disapprove of our relationship. So much for fun Glow/Aurora/NYE dates.

Mostly, I'm pissed off that they disrespected my family by making assumptions like gambling or shit load of debt. Funniest fucking thing, we have zero debt LOL. Funniest fucking thing, this came from a woman who is a stay at home mom for 20 years. My mom's been working since I was born. She gets 5 hours of sleep everyday even now, with all of our clients. This lady has no fucking right. Especially because she spends 8 hours a day watching dramas. Fuck right off.

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 01-03-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #24589
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Spoiler!
they disrespected my family
Spoiler!
Where's Johnny Tran, I heard you call

Are they asian by any chance? I feel like Asians are more critical of your parents background and have a negative perception on people who rent. Hope your GF was able to make her own decision whether to stay or not

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #24590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Where's Johnny Tran, I heard you call

Are they asian by any chance? I feel like Asians are more critical of your parents background and have a negative perception on people who rent. Hope your GF was able to make her own decision whether to stay or not
Chinese/Viet.

Update, we broke up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #24591
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,339 Times in 969 Posts
^ you're in a much better place man. fuck that shit.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #24592
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Quote:
Chinese/Viet.

Update, we broke up.
I hope the last thing you said was....

Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #24593

I'm so fucked up over this. One day I'm angry and want to make fuck you money. Next day, I'm dead inside and just want everything to be ok.

I keep waking up in the middle of the night expecting this to have been a bad dream. Unfortunately it's a nightmare I can't wake up from.

It's funny, I met her on discord for fucks sake. An internet girl, who turned out to be everything I ever wanted. I was content for once. I didn't need anything else. I could be a child and be playful. I could be vulnerable with her.

If I tried harder, if I didn't take her for granted all the time, if I put her over my friends, I know for a fact that she would have tried harder to fight for us. I just didn't. And now I have no more tomorrow's with her.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #24594
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Damn Asians.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2019, 05:39 PM   #24595
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
I'm so fucked up over this. One day I'm angry and want to make fuck you money. Next day, I'm dead inside and just want everything to be ok.

I keep waking up in the middle of the night expecting this to have been a bad dream. Unfortunately it's a nightmare I can't wake up from.

It's funny, I met her on discord for fucks sake. An internet girl, who turned out to be everything I ever wanted. I was content for once. I didn't need anything else. I could be a child and be playful. I could be vulnerable with her.

If I tried harder, if I didn't take her for granted all the time, if I put her over my friends, I know for a fact that she would have tried harder to fight for us. I just didn't. And now I have no more tomorrow's with her.

If you did all of that - you won't be enough for her mother.

Find a girl who's family accepts your family for who they are. You dont marry the gf - you marry the family (some of the best advice i ever received).

Take it all as a learning lesson. When you find the right one - they will accept you and your parents - as you all are.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #24596

I did learn something from that tho. I can't just be blissfully ignorant. In comparison to her family, my family is a lot more white than Chinese. We don't care for gossiping, image, or anything like that. My money is my money, my parents money is my parents money, the Company's money is the company's money. I might help out my parents every now and then - but it's not one big pool. For her, it's all the same to her. So even if I did have a house of my own, I would need FU money for acceptance.

So anyone know how to make money in a recession? LMFAO
Old 12-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #24597
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Regardless of whether it ended on good or bad terms, every relationship I've had taught me the most when it ended, and I became a better person (and a better bf) after every break up. In that sense, I have always been super thankful for everything that my ex'es have taught me.

Spoiler!

On a different note, I ran into an old crush today. We used to work together at this sweat shop place where I had a part time gig. I had just finished university and was trying to figure out what I'd really wanted to do. She was fresh out of highschool, and instead of continuing on to post secondary of some sort, she, too, was trying to figure out what she wanted to do next. She was bubbly and very charming, but of course she was young and didn't have quite as much real world experience as I did. Being older and having gone through university, of course my mindset was quite a bit more mature. The difference in maturity and my realization of it kept me from actually pursuing her, but I knew if I was younger (or if I was still my younger self), I would definitely have tried something -- even though that something would probably be super corny and lame. (But hey, even then, almost everything I did at the time was still pretty corny and lame.)

Anyhow, so I was at the restaurant today, and this girl sitting at a nearby table (but not really that close) caught my eye. It bugged me because I knew she was someone I know / recognize, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember how I knew her. It wasn't until the end of the meal when I finally remembered who she was. It must have been at least 13 or 14 yrs (if not longer) since I have last saw her, so she is probably in her early 30's now, and she looked absolutely spectacular. Me, on the other hand, has become a horrible mess as the trials of parenthood did its numbers on me.

As usual, it feels complicated, and I don't have the right words to describe it, so I can only describe the factual stuff.

Hmm...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #24598
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Takes a lot out of me to bring this up, but I met up with a girl to help her out with a project a few years back. She asked me if I'd be down for coffee after (rather than me initiating being the beta I was), and I declined mostly because I sucked at making decisions like this on the whim.

That said, I wasn't physically attracted to her at the time, and I doubt she was to me either. We just have a lot of chemistry together though and think alike in very many ways because we're kinda in the same social circle.

A few years later and we're both single, and I keep thinking back to that situation somehow lol.

Have any of you dated anyone you weren't physically attracted to right away, but gave it a try anyway and have it succeed?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #24599

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Have any of you dated anyone you weren't physically attracted to right away, but gave it a try anyway and have it succeed?
Yep. This was the girlfriend, now ex, that I talked about above. By any means, she wouldn't be who people expect me to be with. But we got along well. I was pretty desp at the time too, so I decided to give it a shot.

We didn't make to 1 year, evidently above. But the past 11 months or so, have been fine. It wasn't great, we fought, but which couples don't fight? If the above events didn't happen, I'd still be happily together with her right now.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:09 PM   #24600
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Yep. This was the girlfriend, now ex, that I talked about above. By any means, she wouldn't be who people expect me to be with. But we got along well. I was pretty desp at the time too, so I decided to give it a shot.

We didn't make to 1 year, evidently above. But the past 11 months or so, have been fine. It wasn't great, we fought, but which couples don't fight? If the above events didn't happen, I'd still be happily together with her right now.
I see. It seems like it wasn't the two of you who weren't able to get past the superficial stuff, it was the parents.

Did you ever once feel that, since there wasn't an initial physical attraction (butterflies in your stomach feeling), that your expectations of everything else about her naturally went up? ie. her having a good career, compatibility with you, social status, supporting family, etc

Compared to someone who you might have been more attracted to (either physically or intellectually), would you have been less willing to compromise for a lack in those other areas?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote