REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #24676
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,320 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
FALK.............. went to stage 5 of interviews and didn't make it to get an offer. they strung me along to the very end but I asked them and he was honest with me.

From 45 people down to 4 and lost. It's all good. I know the universe / God / stars will align and the next door will open.
I know how you feel bro. Went through 3 stages for one company in the summer and they didn't hire me, actually complete waste of fucking time. Piece of shit company because they went on to keep interviewing for the next 3 months before hiring someone finally. Good thing they didn't hire me, looking back in hindsight my current new job pays way more LOL.

Something good bound to happen eventually. Patience dawg!

Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #24677
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,140 Times in 335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Something good bound to happen eventually. Patience dawg!
+1, got the news one night about a dream job that I didn't get.... and then got another job that turned out to be great.

Some of the "surprises" of 2019 career wise ended up being amazing experiences.

Hang in there and feel free to DM me if you'd like to connect and vent sometime!

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '19 Toyota Camry LE
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2020, 05:46 PM   #24678
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Would you allow her to date anyone on Revscene?
Lol believe it or not, her past boyfriend actually goes on revscene. I found out by coincidence. Looked him up and found out that he posted in this thread.

LOL if he’s reading this.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2020, 07:43 PM   #24679
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,386 Times in 4,259 Posts
That must be awkward.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #24680
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,990 Times in 1,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Lol believe it or not, her past boyfriend actually goes on revscene. I found out by coincidence. Looked him up and found out that he posted in this thread.

LOL if he’s reading this.
So, who is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #24681
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
So, who is it?
some things are best kept a secret lol

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 04:16 AM   #24682

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
butter fly effect....imagine if you didn't say shit,they get married and lived happily ever after.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #24683
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
butter fly effect....imagine if you didn't say shit,they get married and lived happily ever after.
I praised him as much as I criticized him tbh - all I did was provide a reference check.

Old 02-17-2020, 01:58 PM   #24684
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
how many of you moved to another city/country to chase someone?

I know it usually never ends well, but my theory is that if i don't try it; i'll regret it forever.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #24685
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post

I know it usually never ends well, but my theory is that if i don't try it; i'll regret it forever.
Tried it. Expected it to fail and it did. For the longest time, I kept wondering whether the attempt failed because I expected it to fail.

I don't regret doing it now, and I stopped asking whether I should have done it or not because by then I had already tried and failed. No amount of thinking about it could change any of that. If the me from today were to go back in time and have the chance to make that decision (of whether to go for it or not) again, I would not have done it.

As I have said a whole bunch of times before, when I found the right girl, everything just worked out with a degree of smoothness that it continues to amaze me even to this day. And then it also makes me wonder why it had to be so damn hard before with the ex'es. But I know I have been super extra lucky to find my "right girl", and not everyone is as fortuante as I am.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #24686
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Tried it........
As I have said a whole bunch of times before, when I found the right girl, everything just worked out with a degree of smoothness that it continues to amaze me even to this day. And then it also makes me wonder why it had to be so damn hard before with the ex'es. But I know I have been super extra lucky to find my "right girl", and not everyone is as fortuante as I am.
One of the few things that made me smile today
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2020, 05:49 PM   #24687
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:

my sister is actually about to do it for another dude in new zealand actually.

they met through one of her friends when the dude came to vancouver and went on several dates. That dude went back to new zealand, and then came back a few months later "just to travel" (aka meet my sister).

I guess it's only fair that my sister did the same in return. Worst case scenario, you get a vacation out of it and maybe meet someone else on tinder LOL.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #24688
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,298 Times in 955 Posts
I had a chat with this with my friend who's a girl, I've met her since 2001 and we were a bit tipsy. "Man, you're such a great girl, if you were ever in YVR, I would date you and just get married"

She went back to HK and we both had lingering feelings for each other. 6 mnths pasted, we debriefed after we met again in HK recently. Her family was pretty surprised and said it would have been a bad idea (her parents only met me once);her siblings thought I was a player... All these circumstances and outside perspective made people doubt themselves and the relationship.

Your situation is about chase... so it's weird if there's not actual commitment yet. Relationships are hard, let along Long D, and in your case, just to fly over for few weeks to chase.. danggg
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #24689
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I had a chat with this with my friend who's a girl, I've met her since 2001 and we were a bit tipsy. "Man, you're such a great girl, if you were ever in YVR, I would date you and just get married"

She went back to HK and we both had lingering feelings for each other. 6 mnths pasted, we debriefed after we met again in HK recently. Her family was pretty surprised and said it would have been a bad idea (her parents only met me once);her siblings thought I was a player... All these circumstances and outside perspective made people doubt themselves and the relationship.

Your situation is about chase... so it's weird if there's not actual commitment yet. Relationships are hard, let along Long D, and in your case, just to fly over for few weeks to chase.. danggg
this...
this hits close to home.... hard

going to be 10 years since we first met in September/October
Old 02-18-2020, 12:04 PM   #24690
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
my sister is actually about to do it for another dude in new zealand actually.

they met through one of her friends when the dude came to vancouver and went on several dates. That dude went back to new zealand, and then came back a few months later "just to travel" (aka meet my sister).

I guess it's only fair that my sister did the same in return. Worst case scenario, you get a vacation out of it and maybe meet someone else on tinder LOL.
Is this the same sister that you thought was gonna be dating your old buddy? I can't keep up with how fast today's dating culture is LOL
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2020, 03:49 PM   #24691
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
Is this the same sister that you thought was gonna be dating your old buddy? I can't keep up with how fast today's dating culture is LOL
yeah it is lol. She also met up with another dude on valentines day last week

honestly, her approach towards relationships is like a machine gun on rapid fire -blast a bunch of bullets and hope you take someone out from shear numbers.

I, on the other hand, am like a sniper - wait for a long time with little to no progress, but when the time comes, headshot.

Old 02-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #24692
うに

Set me up with your sister
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2020, 02:19 PM   #24693
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Set me up with your sister
Just go on coffee meets bagel, and test your luck. We might end up as brother-in-laws

This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #24694

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Jesus christ I completely forgot about this thread, it's been a minute folks.

Well, what can I say? Been with my SO for almost 2 years now. Was planning on getting married within the next two years but doesn't look like that's going to be financially feasible, especially with me planning to go back to school for graduate studies. Ideally, it will probably happen within the next 3-4 years.

Other thoughts = why is it so hard to find a job in Vancouver that's NOT an entry-level position? I keep looking and all I'm finding are senior management roles and bottom of the barrel sub 40k salary sales development reps and shit.

Lastly, this relationship has made me realize how important it is to have regular sex. Sometimes I have to question if I just have a high sex drive or if I'm just not getting enough?

Also my boss has anger management issues (smashes keyboard, throws headset) and my CEO is toxic. It's a private company so I didn't get a raise this year either. Rant rant rant.

Whatever the fuck happened to our plans to have a Speak it Out meet? It's long overdue.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back

Last edited by Akinari; 03-03-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2020, 02:30 PM   #24695
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
Are you sure graduate studies is what you want to pursue? More often than not, unless you are pursuing something in the academic field, I am not sure if graduate studies would actually give you any benefits over a ugrad person with similar experience. If it is an MBA you are persuing, then chances are you have already thought about whether the ROI justifies the costs (and not just financial). But hey, if it is something you really want to do, then go for it while keeping that in mind throughout grad school.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #24696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Are you sure graduate studies is what you want to pursue? More often than not, unless you are pursuing something in the academic field, I am not sure if graduate studies would actually give you any benefits over a ugrad person with similar experience. If it is an MBA you are persuing, then chances are you have already thought about whether the ROI justifies the costs (and not just financial). But hey, if it is something you really want to do, then go for it while keeping that in mind throughout grad school.
God no definitely not doing an MBA. I'm actually quite passionate about what I majored in during undergrad, so it'd be nice to go further. The field that I want to be in, it's difficult to get as far as I want to without a masters degree.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2020, 06:39 PM   #24697
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
so whens this meet? or is everyone just gonna ghost XD
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #24698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
so whens this meet? or is everyone just gonna ghost XD
spring meet

Old 03-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #24699
うに

I'll be in town in August
Old 03-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #24700
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,388 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
God no definitely not doing an MBA. I'm actually quite passionate about what I majored in during undergrad, so it'd be nice to go further. The field that I want to be in, it's difficult to get as far as I want to without a masters degree.
What field requires masters these days?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote