REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-05-2020, 02:01 PM   #24701
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
What field requires masters these days?
Senior leadership roles in global consulting firms.

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 01:20 PM   #24702
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
spring meet
Go look @ some recruiters to see if they got anything for ya.
tdeweyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:27 PM   #24703

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
When the female gender says they have no interests in cars and they only see it as a means to get to point A to B practically, how would you guys even continue with this conversation if you were trying to get to know them. Each to own of course as everyone has different interests.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2020, 02:46 PM   #24704
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
When the female gender says they have no interests in cars and they only see it as a means to get to point A to B practically, how would you guys even continue with this conversation if you were trying to get to know them. Each to own of course as everyone has different interests.
err talk to her about something else, like a normal human being?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #24705

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Well no because I'm chit chatting with this person online that I barely know. Just mentioned something along the lines of I like cars and asked to her to come out to a car gathering one day (indirect way to get them to meet in person and not make it seem awkward). That's when she threw the I don't like cars comment. In the past even when other females aren't interested, they'll still be like "sure", just coming out to chill and meet friends to socialize. I don't know, maybe I used wrong approach this time LOL
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #24706
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Uhh...then ask what her interests are and go from there.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:22 AM   #24707
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Old 03-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #24708
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #24709
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Agreed. Cars are usually a topic I avoid when there are girls involved in the group. If it's just a girl, I just don't mention it.

Truth is not many of them are into it, and if they are, I think you'd be able to tell quickly.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2020, 01:41 AM   #24710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Agreed. Cars are usually a topic I avoid when there are girls involved in the group. If it's just a girl, I just don't mention it.

Truth is not many of them are into it, and if they are, I think you'd be able to tell quickly.
I think I've been fortunate enough to be surrounded by female friends that, when I first met them, made a genuine attempt to keep the conversation going when I told them I'm really into cars.

For example, a good female friend of mine who I met in school, and eventually became coworkers with (I referred her to an old job of mine), when we first met and the topic of interests came up, after I told her I'm into cars, she started firing off random car names and cars that she likes, and asking me a bunch of car-related questions i.e. what do you think about x car? I think it depends on the person, ironically my gf doesn't tolerate my car talk as much as some of my female friends BUT to be fair I think with her I don't use a filter and just go off without knowing when to stop and she usually has to tell me ENOUGH

But man, in other news, this coronavirus stuff is really making my shitty boss show his true colours, even if he doesn't lay people off, a mass exodus is gonna occur at his company. Just no respect anymore, no filter. I'm already in the middle of hiring sessions for a few diff jobs, weird time to be looking for a job but it is what it is.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2020, 04:14 PM   #24711
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,188 Times in 361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Uhh...then ask what her interests are and go from there.
+1, can ask about what she likes to do for fun, what they wanna learn/try out, things that scare them... ye'know, the stuff that makes someone human.

I've gotten a lot of followup dates/hangouts from this. Whether it's baking with someone, walking a pet together, doing a piano/singing cover, going for hip hop classes together, etc.

Tbh, focusing on the rest of my life more seems to have improved car life more than just focusing on car life did.

That said, as far as cartalk, mentioning 'Mustang' and convertible especially seems to have gotten genuinely positive reactions and interest from almost everyone I mentioned it to when I was in Seattle. Not sure why the appeal was so wide.

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '19 Toyota Camry LE
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 03-30-2020 at 04:28 PM.
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:27 PM   #24712

So fucking tired of being presented with nothing but entry level cold calling outbound sales roles.

It's beyond frustrating.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #24713
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
^ how old are you and what career life stages are you at?

Honestly, I started off being a telemarketer, 0.2 SPH (sales per hour), making 97+ calls a day boy oh boy did I get mad respects when I am doing job interviews now. a) amazing phone skills b) rebuttals c) no fear of rejections....

When I interviewed for Telus for a tri-lingual offer, they even said, they could hear my passion / smile behind the phone.. I was offered a role instantly....

take it with a grain of salt.... It was a great resume booster for a solid 10 yrs of my early career.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:20 PM   #24714

Is it just me, or does life seem very expensive?

Made a spreadsheet to calculate available income based on the pay plan that my employer has in Vancouver... after participating in employer matched savings plans and expenses, hobbies, rent, and a 25k car is outside of what the disposable income could afford.

I'm particularly worried for my peers - I'm graduating into a Big-N software role, meaning that unless I went into finance, my income wouldn't be able to go much. If I can't afford this, who can?

One thought that we had was that two people could probably make this work on two incomes. But at the same time, this would probably limit the dating pool.. and isn't the point of dating to explore different people and what you can learn from them?

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '19 Toyota Camry LE
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2020, 10:20 PM   #24715
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post

Made a spreadsheet to calculate available income based on the pay plan that my employer has in Vancouver... after participating in employer matched savings plans and expenses, hobbies, rent, and a 25k car is outside of what the disposable income could afford.

I'm particularly worried for my peers - I'm graduating into a Big-N software role, meaning that unless I went into finance, my income wouldn't be able to go much. If I can't afford this, who can?

One thought that we had was that two people could probably make this work on two incomes. But at the same time, this would probably limit the dating pool.. and isn't the point of dating to explore different people and what you can learn from them?
Dude, tell me about it. I find it very hard to "keep up with the Joneses" on a decent income, no kids, no expensive habits/hobbies, etc. and I live in a way less expensive part of the province than Vancouver.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 12:13 AM   #24716
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post

The fact that lots of folks are panicking about how they're going to pay their bills after getting laid off over the past couple of weeks reflects the fact that many around you are living beyond their means.

It's great to experiment with people from different backgrounds when you're young, but if you want to settle down, a potential mate's credit score and debt load are just as important as their looks and personality.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:42 AM   #24717

90s. when i grow up i'll be rich making 20 bucks and hour.
2000 how they fuck did i live alone in DT with roommates and go partying back then... when I'm making 35 an hr now and I am strap as fuck.

goes something like this...and i'm remind myself what the F changed... and it's really because we all like the "finer things in life" which really meant nothing.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #24718

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
^ how old are you and what career life stages are you at?

Honestly, I started off being a telemarketer, 0.2 SPH (sales per hour), making 97+ calls a day boy oh boy did I get mad respects when I am doing job interviews now. a) amazing phone skills b) rebuttals c) no fear of rejections....

When I interviewed for Telus for a tri-lingual offer, they even said, they could hear my passion / smile behind the phone.. I was offered a role instantly....

take it with a grain of salt.... It was a great resume booster for a solid 10 yrs of my early career.
Turning 26 in a few weeks.

Started off in tech retail, stayed for nearly 5 years, one of the best cultures in the world and the values that the company possessed significantly influenced my own values moving forwards. I still constantly judge company culture based on my initial experience in that company. Loved it so much that I actually went back for a brief 6-month stint in a seasonal position to test out how I would enjoy going back. Unfortunately the culture had changed to the point where I almost could not recognize things anymore, which was sad.

Did an outbound sales/SDR role with an multinational travel agency's business travel division where I got flown all over to participate in sales training from world-class trainers. Was an excellent experience, this is where I learned all of my sales skills/objection handling etc. but this is also where I identified that I don't possess the hunter mentality and actually thrive in more of a nurture setting (customer success/support).

Did a brief stint at a local dealership managing their service loaner fleet. This was to bridge the gap of unemployment I experienced between the SDR travel agency role and a management position with Air Canada where I was stuck in the hiring process (5 stages) for 3 months because of botched communication on their end, eventually getting shafted after the final interview. Now it seems not getting that job was a blessing in disguise given the current circumstances.

Fast forward to now, been at my current role for just under a year. Long story short, initially the job description was in-line with what I wanted, so I accepted a salary that was lower than my previous roles, on the premise of rapid upward mobility in terms of both seniority and salary, which did not happen. In January, I actually took a pay CUT, disguised as a "pay structure change" because they thought the pennies they paid me initially was overpaying me, but at the same time, the things they wanted me to be responsible for just kept increasing and increasing and things reached a point where it just wasn't sustainable or realistic anymore for me to be continuing at this place, such that I've been looking for a job in these weird times, so far unsuccessful.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #24719

Thanks for the overview...

You're young and you actually got some 'trial and error' experience. I'm 10+ yrs older than you and I wish i was able to have your type of experience with the training / exposure / risk to try new things back then.

Heck, if we didn't have 5+ yrs experience back then.... you don't even get an interview.

Not going to give you advice (cause you didn't ask for it and who I am to give); be proud of your journey. You're already a head of a lot of people; i saw few things
a) you looked for culture in a company, 4/5 kids aren't aware how important culture is
b) what good sales / world class trainers are like. There are people who are not trainers and should never even lead a team.
c) willing to take a pay cut. a LOT of people gave me falk on that.... surprisingly, the 5 jobs I took in the last 15 yrs... were lower salary to start with and has always grew to 30% more when i left... (took a few years and luck).

You're building grit... and you'll be rewarded for it.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 09:48 PM   #24720

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Seeing Akinari's post makes me feel like I haven't done shit in the past two years/makes me regret attempting to do the full-time start-up life. Recently, I feel like I'm trapped and running out of time. I'm only 3 years younger than Akinari, which is surprising as I always thought he was mid 30s - early 40s like everyone else on RS LOL.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2020, 08:59 AM   #24721
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Turning 26 in a few weeks.

Started off in tech retail, stayed for nearly 5 years, one of the best cultures in the world and the values that the company possessed significantly influenced my own values moving forwards. I still constantly judge company culture based on my initial experience in that company. Loved it so much that I actually went back for a brief 6-month stint in a seasonal position to test out how I would enjoy going back. Unfortunately the culture had changed to the point where I almost could not recognize things anymore, which was sad.

Did an outbound sales/SDR role with an multinational travel agency's business travel division where I got flown all over to participate in sales training from world-class trainers. Was an excellent experience, this is where I learned all of my sales skills/objection handling etc. but this is also where I identified that I don't possess the hunter mentality and actually thrive in more of a nurture setting (customer success/support).

Did a brief stint at a local dealership managing their service loaner fleet. This was to bridge the gap of unemployment I experienced between the SDR travel agency role and a management position with Air Canada where I was stuck in the hiring process (5 stages) for 3 months because of botched communication on their end, eventually getting shafted after the final interview. Now it seems not getting that job was a blessing in disguise given the current circumstances.

Fast forward to now, been at my current role for just under a year. Long story short, initially the job description was in-line with what I wanted, so I accepted a salary that was lower than my previous roles, on the premise of rapid upward mobility in terms of both seniority and salary, which did not happen. In January, I actually took a pay CUT, disguised as a "pay structure change" because they thought the pennies they paid me initially was overpaying me, but at the same time, the things they wanted me to be responsible for just kept increasing and increasing and things reached a point where it just wasn't sustainable or realistic anymore for me to be continuing at this place, such that I've been looking for a job in these weird times, so far unsuccessful.
Now is a tough time for everyone. Once this CoVID19 is over there will be many people without jobs, business going belly up people can't afford to rent had to move. Is going to be a shit show 6 months from now. Doesn't help with the fact people who have money will scale back on spending which makes it longer for the world to recover.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #24722

Even if people are hiring at 120%, there will be a HUGE influx of resumes.... You think it's tough times nowwww, wait and see how you REALLY measure up against your competition then.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:42 AM   #24723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Now is a tough time for everyone. Once this CoVID19 is over there will be many people without jobs, business going belly up people can't afford to rent had to move. Is going to be a shit show 6 months from now. Doesn't help with the fact people who have money will scale back on spending which makes it longer for the world to recover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Even if people are hiring at 120%, there will be a HUGE influx of resumes.... You think it's tough times nowwww, wait and see how you REALLY measure up against your competition then.
Yeah, one thing's for sure, is that there's definitely no lack of highly/overly qualified people to fill entry level positions right now. I got 2 no-go's last week following the final round of interviews for positions I applied for, even though there were good vibes all around and things were looking positive. Asked for debrief, completely ignored.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel genuine disappointment and somewhat disrespected when, as an applicant, I've dedicated so much time to go through interviews, but I don't even get the decency of a phone call from a real person, or at the very least, a personalized message informing me that I've not been chosen, instead receiving a generic automated message pushed out from HR's hiring program

Is this how all companies' hiring processes are these days? It's really kinda shitty.

Sometimes I really wonder what exactly these companies are looking for. People who don't ask for as much salary? People who have an MBA? It sucks that no one is willing to do debriefs or anything personal anymore, cause you never really know why you didn't get hired anymore these days...

Seriously at this point I'm just gonna do something with one of my hobbies and transform it into a side gig.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #24724
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
but this is also where I identified that I don't possess the hunter mentality and actually thrive in more of a nurture setting (customer success/support).

Interesting you bring this up, because I think there is a real bloom in the SaaS market right now for customer success/support and the fact that you have tech retail experience would make you ideal. From what I see, the pay is around 40,000-50,000, but in tech, there are tons of career paths.

Have you looked into it at all?

I'm a healthcare professional and personally thinking about transitioning into the SaaS world in customer success/support. My desire to help others is something I believe will transfer over to a role like this. In the meantime, I'm trying to brush up on my tech skills. In my downtime nowadays, I've been learning basic web dev skills like html,css, javascript.

side note: I thought this was a relationship thread, but fck it, I like where this is going

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #24725

Quote:

Is this how all companies' hiring processes are these days? It's really kinda shitty.
Can't speak for everyone, but I had this happen to me after I passed a phone screen, they flew me out last minute to SF, put me up in a nice $500 suite for a night, and did a whole day on-site interview.

Quote:
Sometimes I really wonder what exactly these companies are looking for. People who don't ask for as much salary? People who have an MBA? It sucks that no one is willing to do debriefs or anything personal anymore, cause you never really know why you didn't get hired anymore these days...

Seriously at this point I'm just gonna do something with one of my hobbies and transform it into a side gig.
One possibility is a direct referral to the hiring manager? I definitely know some roles that continue to hire less qualified candidates because of direct referrals..

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '19 Toyota Camry LE
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6
This post thanked by: