REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-24-2019, 07:27 PM   #24501
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
are you a married C-lai with a Toyota Sienna now?
driving the kids to Chinese School on sunday
no minivans

Old 01-25-2019, 03:26 AM   #24502
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
no minivans
Only denied the minivan part, all else must be true
Old 01-31-2019, 03:17 PM   #24503
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Just realizing now that my childhood dream of being in a suit, in a corporate head office working a 9-5 job isn't exactly what I envisioned it to be.

Perhaps it's because I'm in sales, and after 6 months of trying to drive business development, it's just not working out, even with all the incredible training and personal development initiatives we've been given. Selling things in retail that people already want regardless of what you say (B2C) is a totally different animal to B2B. Don't have that hunter/challenger mentality going for me.

Time to start job hunting again
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #24504
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
woah woah woah,before you give up... what is it that you do?

sales is not for everyone but instead of jumping, griding it out (to a limit) will help you in the long run.

I do have 1 thing... the thing I sell, has to be legal and I have to believe in the product...what is it that you do?

Been in sales since 98 doing call center for vancouver sun, then to bottled water, then went over to technology (which is the toughest esp when there is no major difference between a LG / Huawei / Samsung cell phone)
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #24505
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Selling things in retail that people already want regardless of what you say (B2C) is a totally different animal to B2B.
That's because retail salespeople are facilitators, whereas B2B salespeople are true sellers. I've been involved in corporate sales since graduating high school, mainly because back in the 90's you didn't need a degree to get a good job.

It was a tough few first years, but it does get better. B2B sales are based on relationships, and it takes time to develop those relationships. Once you accept that this is your path, and commit to what the job takes, you will be successful.

That said, it's not for everyone. If you're just not feeling it, get out before you get sucked in.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2019, 10:58 PM   #24506
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,262 Times in 1,966 Posts
I've lived a lot of years and today I was wondering if there was a point in my past where I looked around and said "Life is great right now. I hope nothing changes, I hope life stays this way for the rest of my days".

After thinking about an answer, I only came up with 'I don't know'. I like to think I did but as I age, my memories fade and I would have no recollection of such memory even if it did happen.

Then I'm reminded of the
Spoiler!

What else do I not remember? Could memories of childhood strength (now faded) have lead me down a different path? Could I have been destined for something else but fell off the river of life because its current was just too strong?

Or maybe I just learned nothing and I've been in a feedback loop of cause and effect. Perhaps living inside a painting I drew myself of a structure with nicely arranged doors, each leading into bright cheerful rooms with windows overlooking a sun dripped valley as if to say 'Welcome home'.

I do not know.

#MetaphysicalMonday
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:18 PM   #24507
camW00dS

i'm in great relationships now and i'm really happy but because of my previous experience with people i'm constantly scared that something would go wrong, even if it doesn't seem possible
Old 02-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #24508

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
woah woah woah,before you give up... what is it that you do?

sales is not for everyone but instead of jumping, griding it out (to a limit) will help you in the long run.

I do have 1 thing... the thing I sell, has to be legal and I have to believe in the product...what is it that you do?

Been in sales since 98 doing call center for vancouver sun, then to bottled water, then went over to technology (which is the toughest esp when there is no major difference between a LG / Huawei / Samsung cell phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
That's because retail salespeople are facilitators, whereas B2B salespeople are true sellers. I've been involved in corporate sales since graduating high school, mainly because back in the 90's you didn't need a degree to get a good job.

It was a tough few first years, but it does get better. B2B sales are based on relationships, and it takes time to develop those relationships. Once you accept that this is your path, and commit to what the job takes, you will be successful.

That said, it's not for everyone. If you're just not feeling it, get out before you get sucked in.
Sell travel management solutions to the SME sector for an MNC (incredibly saturated market in Vancouver). The way the SDR role is set up in the business, we don't get to create or maintain any relationships with any prospects, and whether or not we get paid for our work is entirely out of our hands, as it's up to the BDMs and RSDs to close those deals with prospects we find (pay structure is diff from SDRs in other businesses). It doesn't help that the SDR dept is an experimental role without much direction at the moment (i.e. "let's see if we need an SDR dept or not by hiring a few SDRs"). Half of the hires have already quit.

I get sales, and I get that you have to want it, I get all the "creating value", "leading with outcomes", the whole social selling etc. etc. I've tried it all, just not jiving with B2B sales and don't for the life of me want to make another cold call.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #24509

Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,252 Posts
theres no loyalty in B2B sales in BC

As my boss said, if we relied on local guys, we would've been out of business 40 years ago

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #24510

Are you even happy?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #24511

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
theres no loyalty in B2B sales in BC

As my boss said, if we relied on local guys, we would've been out of business 40 years ago
So...anyone got job hookups

Old 03-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #24512
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Do you think i'll get a surprise for my birthday this year?
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #24513
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Do you think i'll get a surprise for my birthday this year?
Sausage in a box?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #24514
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
first you gotta cut a hole in a box.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #24515
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

When your landlord might be dying and you might be homeless soon....
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #24516
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,262 Times in 1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
When your landlord might be dying and you might be homeless soon....
That sucks. I just realized that is a possible outcome when renting. Must be rare but can still happen.

My building is dying and I'l be homeless soon. I finally met up with a rep from the 3rd party company who is working to relocate us. According to the Director, they have a '99.7% success rate'.

Me: So what's the process for relocation?

Her: We send you Craigslist postings and you do the rest

Me: You're really earning your money from Anthem aren't you?

At the very least, I'll have to budget an extra $300 per month and that's for a suite that's 100sq/ft smaller than what I have now otherwise I'm potentially looking at an extra $500. I can't imagine what the seniors and people on social assistance are going through.

===============================================

Sometimes I just to run away form this city. Speaking strictly anecdotally, I met up with some friends last week (whom I haven't seen in over a year) and all of them had grim stories. Unemployment, fatherhood but not ready for it yet hiding it (we can tell). One friend changed jobs again (he's now had 6 in 9 years). He's in IT and tells me there's plenty of jobs but it's all equally shit. I think he's getting tired. Seems many people I know are. The bars on the hamster wheel seem to tighten every year. Everyone working hard in an expensive part of the world. Debt goes up, hard to save so you just keep running on that wheel.

Oh good, it's Monday. Back to it I go...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #24517
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Do you guys have any marriage/relationship counselor you recommend? I just needed someone I can tell everything to and tell me what's wrong with me. Been having internal struggle towards my SO.

Thanks
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #24518

what is it with girls who likes to break up all the time?
these girls are in their 33-38, and at any time they see conflict, fights, their first emotion is to break up. 5 mth - 1 yr into the relationship and each time they just give up and just want to walk away.

90% of the time they do call back afterwards and talk but it's just not health to be in a 6mth relationship, had a talk these statements shouldn't be taken lightly, and bam.. "let's break up" wtf.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #24519

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd2343 View Post
Do you guys have any marriage/relationship counselor you recommend? I just needed someone I can tell everything to and tell me what's wrong with me. Been having internal struggle towards my SO.

Thanks
There are pre-marital classes you can take, some do it for cheap, some do it in a group setting, some are even done thru church.

Co worker is also going to one; wife's going thru family issues and it really helped. eg// youngest of all, never really had to carry thru her promises; over promise under deliver, learn to make decisions by herself.... just minor things.

150-200 an hr. You need to find one you click with and also one you feel have had dealt with issues you have. eg// infidelity, addiction, etc...
Old 03-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #24520
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
There are pre-marital classes you can take, some do it for cheap, some do it in a group setting, some are even done thru church.

Co worker is also going to one; wife's going thru family issues and it really helped. eg// youngest of all, never really had to carry thru her promises; over promise under deliver, learn to make decisions by herself.... just minor things.

150-200 an hr. You need to find one you click with and also one you feel have had dealt with issues you have. eg// infidelity, addiction, etc...
church pastors are free. but do consider giving towards the church so they can pay those who serve in this manner.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #24521

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
So one of my close friends is in the hospital right now for a spontaneous collapsed lung and internal bleeding. He finished surgery already and is in stable condition.

Note that, we used to be really close for about 10 years, but in the past 3/4 years we haven't been as close. Typically, we aren't touchy feely too. Like when his dad passed, we went in for a hug and it was weird LOOL

So, do I ask if I can visit or do I just show up?
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #24522
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I would ping him first to see when would be a good time to visit. He might want to rest. There might be tests and stuff he still needs to do. Couldn't hurt to let him know first.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2019, 10:17 AM   #24523

hi.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:30 AM   #24524
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Do I like you or do I just like the attention you give me? Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:20 PM   #24525
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
In preparation for renovations, I am assisting my BIL in purging the crap from my dad's hoard. It needed to be done 10 years ago, but it kept getting put off. Now, there is no choice. In our continuing efforts to dispose of things, we are encountering a lot of sketchy DIY repair jobs performed by my dad. I have been trying to remind myself to take photos, but I am just so shocked that I forget to do it. After 3 weekends, I think I am over it, and can start documentation of the remaining jank, which is probably still very abundant.

Stay tuned.