REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-14-2020, 11:21 AM   #24651
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,529 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I'm on team earn money now, save it, invest it and retire early. I think you can still have some sort of life working long hours if you work smart.
I work 9am-2am. Typically my life balance comes from the weekend. This only lasted about 2 years. I'm focusing on my health this year. So I'll take 2 hrs out of every weekday to gym and Sundays to meal prep.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #24652
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,174 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
As much as I hated school days, miss meeting new people every semester and making new female friends. Now when I am done school, practically so hard meeting female friends, everyday just work and go home. Single 4ever
Dance and team sports seem to have worked well for me!

Usually hit up the studio after work to blow off some steam and have some fun.

The ratio even for hip hop is like.... 70 female : 30 male

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '19 Toyota Camry LE
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #24653
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I'm on team earn money now, save it, invest it and retire early. I think you can still have some sort of life working long hours if you work smart.
I think the only way it's going to work is if you find a woman who truly loves you and supports your goals.

Let me ask you this: if you find a woman who you may not be attracted to on the outside, but supports you career all the way, would you go for it? Would you be willing to play the long game? Slave yourself to work while you're in your 20's and early 30's, while your bros are hooking up with hot bitchez?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #24654

Thanked 4,529 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
I think the only way it's going to work is if you find a woman who truly loves you and supports your goals.

Let me ask you this: if you find a woman who you may not be attracted to on the outside, but supports you career all the way, would you go for it? Would you be willing to play the long game? Slave yourself to work while you're in your 20's and early 30's, while your bros are hooking up with hot bitchez?
I would. My now ex-gf didn't like how I didn't give enough attention to her / I worked too much. Even if we were together physically, I would get calls and problems to solve.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #24655
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
The family chat I'm in on Facebook is a fucking echo chamber of stupidity.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #24656
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,339 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
I would any day. Bros can hook up with hot bitches all day long, cause in the end, he'll realize personalities do matter at the end.

Honestly, after all the makeup is gone, looks fade. Even Le Perla and toys get old after a while. Personality trumps all my man.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #24657
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Personalities do matter, but you still want to be attracted to a person. If there is someone that wants to support you, I would give them a chance. Attractiveness is highly subjective, and a person can definitely grow on you because of their other traits.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #24658
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Personalities do matter, but you still want to be attracted to a person. If there is someone that wants to support you, I would give them a chance. Attractiveness is highly subjective, and a person can definitely grow on you because of their other traits.
Well, I think physical attractiveness is arguably pretty objective and is something that is largely influenced by cultural norms. It's pretty fair to say that if you find a girl attractive, chances are, the guy across the room probably does too. That's male competition, and there's nothing that can change that.

However, I find that as I get older and becoming more career and family oriented, those other traits are starting to grab my attention just as much as attractiveness.

What I can't stand, are girls who are both unattractive AND unsupportive. That's when I back the fuck off.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #24659
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Even Le Perla and toys get old after a while.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #24660
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Ladies: Guy sends you flowers for your birthday

thoughts?
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #24661
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
whats your intentions
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #24662
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
whats your intentions
FWB
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #24663

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Ladies: Guy sends you flowers for your birthday

thoughts?
How close with you to/how attracted do you think she is to you?

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '19 Toyota Camry LE
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6
Old 01-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #24664
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
She's my work wife?
Was my work wife. Until I quit and she changed jobs too.

I'm attracted to her slightly, wouldn't mind giving it a try if she was down. But also wouldn't cry over it if she wasn't interested
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #24665

Personally, I've always preferred to keep my work wife as nothing more than the work wife. It gets tricky as soon as it turns into a real workplace romance...
Old 01-31-2020, 07:32 PM   #24666
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
IMO, already got messy due to the fact you're calling her a "wife" instead of a coworker.
That is, unless you're single and looking to mingle.

I mean, let's be honest... You know what you're trying to do.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:42 PM   #24667

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
IMO, already got messy due to the fact you're calling her a "wife" instead of a coworker.
That is, unless you're single and looking to mingle.

I mean, let's be honest... You know what you're trying to do.
Waaah? You've never had a work wife before, dude? They are awesome!

(And yes, they are special, but not that kind of special that you might be thinking of.)
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #24668

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^I have work moms, treat me like a son LOL, watch my back when shit hits the fan...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #24669
Treasure Chest MOD

currently in a pretty tricky situation right now:

I have an old buddy who I used to be pretty good friends with, we'd study together and help each other out in university. I'm not as close with him as I used to be, mostly because of a beef we had - a few years back, he stopped inviting me to hangouts with friends, started excluding me from team projects, and stopped replying to my texts. I sometimes see him when I hangout with my bigger group of friends, but other than that, we don't keep in touch.

This is a list of his gf history:
gf # 1 - my other buddy's ex gf. He definitely broke the 'bro code' on this one, and it ruined their friendship together. Eventually he broke up with this gf.

gf #2 - a close friend of ours who is in our social circle. This was kind of around the time he stopped inviting me to shit, stopped replying to my texts, etc. I had no idea he was dating my friend and only found out through my other friend. It didn't work out and they broke up on good terms.

potential gf #3 - he recently DM'ed my sister on instagram (he only met her once in person). They went out for coffee, and my sister only told me after the fact. They made plans to go for dinner next week.

Initially, when I found out, I was pissed AF, not gonna lie. Mostly at the fact that they both didn't really think to consult with me first before going out - as if my opinion didn't matter. I also can't bear the thought of him going out with my sister after all the shit I had to put up with from him for all these years. As you can tell, he has a track record of dating girls through my connections, and he's never discussed any of it with me.

The reason I'm still sitting on the fence though, is because I know deep down that he can be a good boyfriend to her (maybe even better than the ones she has had before). I also know that at the end of the day, they are both adults (with a 4 year age gap), and if they really want to go out, there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Really torn on how I should deal with this situation.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #24670

Quote:
currently in a pretty tricky situation right now:

The reason I'm still sitting on the fence though, is because I know deep down that he can be a good boyfriend to her (maybe even better than the ones she has had before). I also know that at the end of the day, they are both adults (with a 4 year age gap), and if they really want to go out, there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Really torn on how I should deal with this situation.
I think for me, I'd approach it with a non judgemental tone and be generous with my assumptions towards the other guy.

Maybe I'd take this as an opportunity to better understand my sister and her perspectives on friends/partners. Mention that you're going through a tough time and how she'd deal with someone who "has good intentions but sometimes does 'x bad behaviour" or someone "who you've seen be an amazing partner but also does 'y bad behaviour' to their friends sometimes.

Maybe you'll find that this matters to her, maybe you'll find that it doesn't.

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '19 Toyota Camry LE
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #24671
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Note to self: If wife wants to have sushi dinner 4 nights straight don't judge or argue just go with it.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2020, 08:56 PM   #24672

FALK.............. went to stage 5 of interviews and didn't make it to get an offer. they strung me along to the very end but I asked them and he was honest with me.

From 45 people down to 4 and lost. It's all good. I know the universe / God / stars will align and the next door will open.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2020, 07:36 AM   #24673
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
I think for me, I'd approach it with a non judgemental tone and be generous with my assumptions towards the other guy.

Maybe I'd take this as an opportunity to better understand my sister and her perspectives on friends/partners. Mention that you're going through a tough time and how she'd deal with someone who "has good intentions but sometimes does 'x bad behaviour" or someone "who you've seen be an amazing partner but also does 'y bad behaviour' to their friends sometimes.

Maybe you'll find that this matters to her, maybe you'll find that it doesn't.
I did exactly that and told my sister that if she really wanted to go out with him that she had my approval.

I found out last night that she called it off.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #24674

Quote:
I did exactly that and told my sister that if she really wanted to go out with him that she had my approval.
Definitely the awesome thing to do. Speaks boldly about who you are!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #24675
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Would you allow her to date anyone on Revscene?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote