REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #24401
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
1.5 weeks ago, I was just doing my normal routine. Now everything has changed and I felt like I skipped many years of experience and learning just like that. Is this what growing up feels like?

Old 11-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #24402
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Since no luck with getting a girlfriend, been all out work. Day job and side work to occupy myself.

At the point in my life where most of my friends are married/having kids. Loner
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #24403
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Since no luck with getting a girlfriend, been all out work. Day job and side work to occupy myself.

At the point in my life where most of my friends are married/having kids. Loner
eh do you want a gf though? are you putting effort in finding one?
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #24404
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
eh do you want a gf though? are you putting effort in finding one?
as mentioned last week, he's been going on dates
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #24405
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
It'll happen when you aren't out looking for one.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #24406

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i really need to open up more but i'm learning still.

this smoking hot east indian that looks like a model is standing next to me and pretends to be interested in a item right next to me and picks it up...

what does my Dumbass think do in the moment "Oh shes shopping I better get out of her way and be the gentlemen cause i'm close"

its the little signs like starting a conversation,saying "Hello"...that could've change everything besides Acting Socially awkward stepping away with bad body language like that,Staying quite not saying a thing....i'm not even taken the way i was projecting myself at that moment.

that is my mistake looking back now,Don't be in such a thick shell and the quite type..its like you're projecting something is wrong by saying nothing...

Last edited by Mr.Money; 11-12-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #24407
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
i really need to open up more but i'm learning still.

this smoking hot east indian that looks like a model is standing next to me and pretends to be interested in a item right next to me and picks it up...

what does my Dumbass think do in the moment "Oh shes shopping I better get out of her way and be the gentlemen cause i'm close"

its the little signs like starting a conversation,saying "Hello"...that could've change everything besides Acting Socially awkward stepping away with bad body language like that,Staying quite not saying a thing....i'm not even taken the way i was projecting myself at that moment.

that is my mistake looking back now,Don't be in such a thick shell and the quite type..its like you're projecting something is wrong by saying nothing...
Bruh,
without knowing what happend before, or after and the location or any other context.

This is overthinking as fuck.... lol
You sound crazy... lol

you're sure she wasn't actually just interested in the item that was in front of you? lol

Classiest thing you could of done was say "oh, Pardon me *smile* "
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #24408

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Don't think I've speak(ed) it out on this subject before.

This whole VI campaign thing is taken a toll on me. Only been a month and a bit. I know most of you are grateful and has expressed that. And I'm appreciative, but lately it kind of feels like all of our efforts have been a waste.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #24409
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post

This whole VI campaign thing is taken a toll on me. Only been a month and a bit. I know most of you are grateful and has expressed that. And I'm appreciative, but lately it kind of feels like all of our efforts have been a waste.
Don't feel that way, buddy. I am extremely appreciative of your efforts, and I am sure numerous other RSers appreciate it as well. As you've said in the other thread, you understand why someone might not want to become associated as the face of a group of "delinquent subculture", but don't feel discouraged by that at all.

I have no intention of getting my car(s) VI-ed, but if I unfortunately end up getting tagged somehow, I would gladly step up if a person or a face is still needed.

On top of that, I am preparing a little written something to express my disagreement with the MVA as I have mentioned in the other thread. It's taking longer than I had hoped for a number of reasons, but I'll get that out, discuss it with everyone at the VI thread, and own up to that written letter however it may require me to do so. I do not expect it to result in any positive, meaningful change for us. In fact, it may make things worse. But I feel like that is something I just have to do, and I will get that done -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hang in there.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #24410
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Don't feel that way, buddy. I am extremely appreciative of your efforts, and I am sure numerous other RSers appreciate it as well. As you've said in the other thread, you understand why someone might not want to become associated as the face of a group of "delinquent subculture", but don't feel discouraged by that at all.

I have no intention of getting my car(s) VI-ed, but if I unfortunately end up getting tagged somehow, I would gladly step up if a person or a face is still needed.

On top of that, I am preparing a little written something to express my disagreement with the MVA as I have mentioned in the other thread. It's taking longer than I had hoped for a number of reasons, but I'll get that out, discuss it with everyone at the VI thread, and own up to that written letter however it may require me to do so. I do not expect it to result in any positive, meaningful change for us. In fact, it may make things worse. But I feel like that is something I just have to do, and I will get that done -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hang in there.
Same, I drove around Vancouver in my CR last week, it's not totally stock, but close; no bites though.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #24411
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIynXql...=1mrxymu1feiu6
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #24412
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Promotion opportunity up for grab at work. My boss is basically laying it out that I should apply for it and I probably will get it.

I Will be transfer to a location that is high pressure, hectic and will be managing a very challenging team. The previous director at this location left me some big shoes to fill and this property is very important to the company. If I do get the job and I screw it up it will be the end of my career in this industry.

I feel like this is my make or break moment. Kind of hesitant to apply for this… Timing is right, I have blessing from people above and people below. Excited and nervous at the same time. I am not sure if I am ready but everybody else seems to think I am.

Should I take the leap of faith and trust in myself?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #24413
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I feel like this is my make or break moment. Kind of hesitant to apply for this… Timing is right, I have blessing from people above and people below. Excited and nervous at the same time. I am not sure if I am ready but everybody else seems to think I am.
I felt the same way taking my last job. I lucked out with a super supportive and friendly mentor who helped me do more than I though I could.

Is there good support/mentorship at the other location, or at your current location that you could fall back on?

Are there people at the other location, or within the industry you could talk to for guidance?
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:00 PM   #24414
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Promotion opportunity up for grab at work. My boss is basically laying it out that I should apply for it and I probably will get it.

I Will be transfer to a location that is high pressure, hectic and will be managing a very challenging team. The previous director at this location left me some big shoes to fill and this property is very important to the company. If I do get the job and I screw it up it will be the end of my career in this industry.

going thru the same thing exactly.

Told me to apply, which I did. Interview will be next monday. HUGE shoes to fill.

Sorry to say, if you're going to worry about it then maybe you should stick to a 9-5 job. I rather fail and try again in my 30s - 40s than to be worried to do it when I'm might be at borderline being aged out in my mid 50s.

just do it. Never look back and go for it.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:35 AM   #24415
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:

I would say take it, it'll be one of those things in life that you will regret that you didn't take the shot when you had a chance.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #24416
うに

---

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:26 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #24417
うに

----

Old 11-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #24418
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #24419

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
on a side note.

Anyone ever use an App like tinder while on holidays.

I'm going to HK in January, and I would like to go to LKF but i don't know anyone there.
Would be cool if someone was nice enough to show me around, I'll buy drinks no problem. Would be fine if it was a group of guys too *no homo*
Depending on how long your stay is, it might be worth it to buy Tinder Plus/Gold. So that you can start swiping and building connections in HK while you're still here. So once you land, you already have date(s) lined up.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #24420
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Anyone have some good Tinder date stories

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #24421

I have bad ones.. that this thread knows about

This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #24422
うに

---

This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #24423
うに

----

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:24 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #24424
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
on a side note.

Anyone ever use an App like tinder while on holidays.

I'm going to HK in January, and I would like to go to LKF but i don't know anyone there.
Would be cool if someone was nice enough to show me around, I'll buy drinks no problem. Would be fine if it was a group of guys too *no homo*
IN HK just use WeChat discover you will find people around you. You can also an app call 2 redbean. Or simply just go to any bar or pub or even any restaurant and talk a any single lady.

When I was in China a few weeks ago I don't know what my relatives did but they must have publish my wechat ID on some dating website. I got a ton of girls adding me lol. They all look passable too.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #24425
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
I changed my Tinder bio to read "Tinder: More train wrecks than Amtrak"
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote